The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66863 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #345 on: June 19, 2010, 12:38:07 AM »
Ember watched her fireball get blocked but wasn't surprised that it happened. By this time the clouds had dispersed and the sun had come out. A grin spread across her face at the sight. She sat down on the ground Indian-style, probably looking like she was giving up on the fight to the others but the grin on her face should have given them the hint that that wasn't the case. She stared at the chameleon for a good minute or two as she sat there. She moved her staff so that the top part where the ruby was was in front of her face and blew on it. The effect was that of a firebreather's performance. Flames shot out towards the chameleon's feet. The sun would do a pretty good job of making the chameleon extremely hot in his armor, the least she could do was try to help it along in the process of cooking him.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #346 on: June 20, 2010, 01:56:59 PM »
Chrono wasn't expecting his end to come so quickly, and also didn't expect the end to be played out in front of him as he flew away from the chameleon, wrapped in his 'ally's' electricity. He hit the dirt and felt his whole body go numb while he was trying to stay awake. The charge build-up went up through the face-guard, and all over his head. It was only his bone structure alone that kept his head from going 'pop' as the discharge completely went out of his system. Then again, what mages bother to say anything if their spells might actually kill the allies they try to save? he mused while pulling himself out of the sand, content enough to watch Ember's attempt at frying the chameleon.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:46:43 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #347 on: June 20, 2010, 08:21:11 PM »
Alistair glared at Ember, her power seeming to be amplified by the sun. He grimaced at his missed opportunity to kill her without a chance to fight back while it rained. He pulled his hood back up and started to walk towards the others. He would wait until Ember was finished cooking the chameleon before jumping in and getting his fill of action. Just then Chrono took his shot, once he was knocked back Alistair would leap in and just decapitate the chameleon and end this.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #348 on: June 22, 2010, 11:37:51 AM »
The chameleon shrieked at the sudden rise in temperature. Despite being cold-blooded, there's a limit to how much heat he could take. He quickly turned his attention over to Ember. With a hiss and a leap, the chameleon warrior did his best to stay out of Ember's continuous flame and ran straight for her.Lazaryos did his best to intercept, but he was further from Ember than he was. He yelled over to Chrono, "Get up, you big baby. It's not like I had time to fire something damaging. Your breast-plate's still on, after all." Lazaryos tried to fire a quick shot, but the armor just sneezed it off, since Lazaryos didn't have the time like he did before to fire a decent shot. Just as the chameleon scorched arms swung the cursed blade, another figure quickly jumped in, kicking the chameleon back a few feet, back into the flames. The chameleon got up, feeling its body begin to cook, looked at the new challenger and quickly left, "I'll be back...."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #349 on: June 22, 2010, 02:48:12 PM »
Ember continued to watch what was happening as she continued her fire assault on the chameleon. She would have moved out of the way of him charging at her had the stranger not kicked him away. When the chameleon left, she stopped her "fire-breathing". She took a few deep breaths before slowly standing up. Your average person would have probably thanked the stranger, but she was too busy being disappointed that she didn't roast get to completely roast the chameleon.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #350 on: June 23, 2010, 04:23:42 PM »
Chrono forced his body to stand when he heard Lazaryos yelling at him. Sadly, he only got up in time to be witness to the chameleon's escape. " $%^# I'm stuck with one sword now!!" he yelled, not even noticing the new arrival until he shook the sand out of his greaves. He gave the newcomer a look-over, already on the verge of taking his aggression out on him. First, why did he attack the chameleon; second, exactly how could anyone else not have noticed him coming? he kept his hand on the only sword he had left, not knowing if he was seeing a potential ally, or foe.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #351 on: June 23, 2010, 06:29:44 PM »
Alistair shot the new guy a look, having scared off the kill he was less than amused. It was clear that this guy wasn't a foe, he saved Ember's hide and didn't even try to kill her while she was down. He put his scythe onto his back and returned his hands back inside his cloak so once again no skin was showing. Under his hood he looked over the new guy in front of him. "...Excellent...A new...Person to kill when the time is right...It is...A shame he did not harm that woman...It would have been...Nice..."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #352 on: June 24, 2010, 12:37:19 AM »
The white-haired man in black clothing looked at the group, noticing all eyes were on him. His hand was at the hilt of his sword as his red eyes darted back and forth from person to person, not sure who was worthy to trust or to not trust. His white wolf-like tail swished slowly from one side to the other very slowly, almost mimicking the movement of his clothing in the wind. He pressed his thumb against the hand-guard of the sword, pushing it out and pulling it back with his thumb in a 'nervous-twitch' manner, showing a bit of aggravation as he kept on in looking at the group. "Alright... who's the one who started all of this commotion?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #353 on: June 24, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
Lazaryos sighed and face-pawed... Oh great... another kid. He stood up straight and sighed again, "It would be the one you just kicked out of the way, the one who was wielding Sonia's Prayer, the Cursed short-sword. And more importantly... *points his staff at the new youngling* ...what business do you have with us and him?" Lazaryos eyed the child carefully, his tail seemingly making the same cautious motion. He didn't trust anyone who would be on the journey, no matter what their age or species.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #354 on: June 24, 2010, 02:38:08 PM »
Ember managed to actually mumble a 'thanks' after Lazaryos' answered the stranger's question after she had 'cooled off'. She crossed her arms in her tough-girl manner with her staff still in her right hand. She looked around at everyone and wondered if there would be a fight. She didn't see why they would need to fight since the guy had probably just saved her life (even though she had been ready to dodge). She knew that Alistair was disappointed that she hadn't been killed and that made a grin spread across her face.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #355 on: June 24, 2010, 05:33:04 PM »
Chrono turned his head at Lazaryos and a look of pure confusion was plain for all to see. "Why do you happen to know so much about cursed weapons, you're not that much older than I am..." Chrono would have passed it off as the bookworm habits that he assumed most mages aquired while learning their certain element; however, cursed weapons didn't seem to pass into that realm of knowledge. Well, unless he made such weapons, but he hardly seems like hes even been at a blacksmith, let alone been near a furnace.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #356 on: June 24, 2010, 07:01:16 PM »
Alistair looked at Ember as she had a grin on her face. He could tell she was snickering at the fact he couldn't kill her. It's like they were on a certain wavelength with each other. It sickened him to the core. The only thing that brought him comfort is that one day, he will kill this nuisance of a woman. Just the thought of standing over her headless corpse was bringing such joy to him. Unfortunately he had to wait until the time was right...When she was alone, or when the others were preoccupied.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #357 on: June 25, 2010, 05:18:03 AM »
"My job." he simply replies to the Lazaryos, eying the staff being pointed at him. "Anyways, what do you know about that chameleon?" he spoke out, relaxing his hand from off of his sword to let it hang on his hips to reach for a deck of cards, and starting to shuffle them idly, keeping the face portion pointed away from those who could see them. "He seems to be a trouble-maker to this motley crew of yours... and I take it that you're the leader of this group? Or are you just the one giving orders for the pleasure of controlling others?" he added with a snide tone, starting to flip a card up onto the back of his hand where a metal plate was. With the card spinning a little on the plate, it made an almost-inaudible whine that would be similar to metal against metal, every once in a while the Knave of Blades on the card-face revealing itself as he continued to play with it.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #358 on: June 25, 2010, 11:41:34 PM »
Lazaryos lightly and slowly lowered his staff and stood it upright like he normally had it. "I don't know anything about that Host, only that he is a lightning Mage who has obtained one of the Cursed Items. As for this group, it is merely a temporary truce until we get past the Guardian Dragons after Crimson Blue." Shinzuu turned from the new stranger and walked back on path, stopping only to talk to Chrono as he passed him by, "Ancient texts and studies are my specialty. Information that I've sought and collected have cost me a LOT of money over the years, and I've had to kill and the like during that time, as well. Of anyone in the world, I'm one of probably only 13 people who know much about Cursed Items beyond their existence. There is a certain one out of all 19 Cursed Items that I have long since sought out most of my life for. Supposedly the strongest of them all, and the only Cursed Item to be known to kill unworthy wielders, Hakan's Wish. It is said to be the first to be made, and was the basis used to make the others. Many legends have always pointed it being passed around throughout the ages, but rumors of its whereabouts stopped around 500 years ago." Lazaryos stopped talking and walked on, not liking the fact that he just told everyone within earshot what he spent most of his life doing.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #359 on: June 26, 2010, 12:39:05 AM »
Ember didn't really care much about what Lazaryos had said he had been doing most of his life. It was his life and she had no right to judge how he spent it. Cursed Weapons didn't interest her anyway so it was a conversation she didn't care to be a part of at any time. She followed after Lazaryos while thinking about what he said about the temporary alliance. "I don't understand why that thing is being spared though. Not like we need him around." She thought to herself as she walked, the "thing" obviously being Alistair.