The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66860 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #360 on: June 27, 2010, 07:24:46 PM »
Chrono instantly made an effort to keep up with Lazaryos, more interested about said 'cursed items'. "Would the eye of Tri'Malis be considered a Cursed item??" He couldn't help but act like a child, all he learned was the art of self-defense, and spent even longer strengthing his body to be able to move and fight in armor regardless of the environment. In fact, he was learning alot about majick by being around these two mages, he became exceptionally experienced with lightning considering how many times Lazaryos saw fit to shock him.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #361 on: June 27, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
Taking notice to the change of attention away from himself by the person who originally confronted himself, the white-haired man with the white wolf tail turned his own attention to the others, seeing the female leave off as well. He tossed up the card and caught it between his fingers to play with the card, putting the rest of the deck away and securing the pouch. When the others started wandering off, he gripped the card in his hand and followed suit after them. "I'd be careful about going that way. Since that crazy rainstorm, scorpions and other venomous creatures have been popping up to try to get as much of the water as possible."
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 12:05:34 AM by Vosur, Reason: Edit for grammar. »

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #362 on: June 27, 2010, 11:58:17 PM »
Lazaryos walked on as he explained to the young dragon, "The Eye of Tri'Malis is indeed a Cursed Item, but that's only the REAL Eye. Believe it or not, your Eye is merely a copy that everyone in your clan receives at birth. Only your clan head has the real Eye. However the one I seek is far more powerful than that. I seek Jigan's Tear. No one knows what its form is, but according to legend, the user is tested upon grabbing it. Like any other Cursed Item, it can't be removed, lest its possessor dies. If the user is deemed unworthy, Jigan's Tear will kill them. If they are to survive, they must sacrifice 3 of their 5 senses, and they don't get to choose which. Those who fight it and live, are granted 200 more years of life, but should it ever find someone worthy, the user is granted immortality. However, no one in history has ever been worthy." Lazaryos cleared his throat as he removed his robe and held it. He didn't bother to face the wolf boy at his question, "We'll be fine. We only need to really worry about worms, and we're still quite a ways from the Grand River. If you-" Lazaryos stopped short, though, as he stopped in front of a wriggling little maggot-like creature, it was a baby worm... Oh.....(censored)....

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #363 on: June 28, 2010, 12:24:57 AM »
Ember listened to Lazaryos as he spoke while they were walking. She didn't really see the point in something where if you tried to use it you had about a 99.9% chance of being killed by it. If she used weapons, she would rather use ones that couldn't kill her on their own. When Lazaryos stopped short, she moved to stand on his left side to see what had made him stop. Looking down, she saw a worm about the size of your average toddler. "I have a feeling that we're screwed..." She thought as she looked down at the baby worm.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #364 on: June 28, 2010, 12:56:57 AM »
Chrono looked down at the worm, and nudged them both with his shoulders. "Well, are we going to sit around and wait for them to know we stepped on their kid, or are we going to let the other two deal with it?" he whispered them while making it look like he was also stunned. He was also banking on the idea that they would be confused as to why they suddenly started running.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:29:08 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #365 on: June 28, 2010, 01:05:33 AM »
Alistair looked blankly at the baby worm, killing it would be simple right now. But a lazy streak came over him and he really didn't feel like doing it. He just waited to see what Larazyos would do, he likely knew the in's and out's of the creature. But even so, he seemed frightened of the little thing, which amused Alistair. But after a short moment he went back to examining the new comer. He hadn't seen him fight thoroughly enough to see exactly what his capabilities were. He would have to keep an eye on him...

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: June 28, 2010, 01:24:58 AM »
He looked to Chrono, moving the card to his left hand and putting his right hand on the sheath of this sword. "It doesn't look old enough to be on it's own yet... so either we get out of here  as soon as possible, kill it quickly before it makes any sort of sound, or be ready for the fight of our lives. Better choose quickly or else we'll have a mother to fight as well." he spoke as he lightly thumbed the hilt out of a locked position, his eyes watching the worm as it wriggled about, backing away quietly when it tried to approach him. It paused for a moment when it saw Vosur back up, then when it started to inch closer, he reached his hand back in getting ready to throw the card at the worm while he continued to keep a certain distance away from it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 01:26:42 AM by Vosur »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: June 28, 2010, 01:35:46 AM »
Before Lazaryos could say anything, the ground began to vibrate progressively harder. "Get out of there, kid! Hurry up!" Just behind the wolf-boy, an adult worm rose from the sands and sent the youngling flying past the group and onto the sand. "RUN!!" Lazaryos made a run towards the northern direction, where they were headed before, jumping over the wolf-boy. A second worm popped out of the sand, next to the other. The two worms towered high above the ground, taller than a castle wall, without even being completely out of the sand.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #368 on: June 28, 2010, 08:07:32 PM »
Ember hadn't needed Lazaryos' command to know what to do. She had taken off north as soon as the ground had started shaking. The newcomer had actually just missed landing on her when it was sent flying by the worm coming out of the sand and had landed right behind her as she ran. She wasn't used to running from a challenge but in this case she was smart enough to know when she didn't have a chance in beating the opponents.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #369 on: June 28, 2010, 08:39:04 PM »
Chrono went to a four-limbed run across the desert sand, dashing past Lazaryos and hopefully not running into more of those worms. He needed to have two swords to beat those things, and that freaking chameleon mage had ran off with the only other sword he could find! The only thing that ever goes my way is the fact that I can take a sword from the Bandits when I get to them, but this cursed desert likes to toy with anything bipedal.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #370 on: June 28, 2010, 08:53:58 PM »
Alistair just looked at the towering monstrous worms when they came out of the ground. He then noticed the others running for their lives, aside from the new guy who was knocked down. "How troublesome...Well...It would be best to join them..." With that Alistair ran passed the new guy and towards the others. More than likely Ember would be sad that he didn't stay and get eaten, but he also ran to stay alive. Which would further annoy her. So it was a win win, he got to live to kill another day, and he got to annoy that oh so annoying woman.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: June 29, 2010, 05:58:30 AM »
He landed in the sand a good distance away from the two worms onto his chest, then quickly hand-sprung onto his feet as he realized he dropped the card he was holding. "Grr... that was a good card, you spineless sand-crawlers!" he yelled out as he pulled out another card and threw it towards the further of the two worms, his aim at the above-ground sensory-organ that was on the side towards the other parent-worm.

The card struck dead-on and the natural reaction of the worm, opening it's maw in pain and turning to try to shield the wounded sense-organ, made it run right into the other parent-worm and latch onto the other one. The biology of the worms, inward pointing barb-like teeth in the inside of the mouth, made it hard for the biting one to let go of the other... though the damage was done as it a vital portion of flesh was removed in its struggle to free itself. While the two worms were occupied with trying to separate from each other, he took the opportunity to flee with the rest of the group as he knew the other one would probably pursue if he were to stick around any longer than needed. "Two good cards lost to spineless worms..." he muttered under his breath as he ran.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #372 on: June 29, 2010, 01:11:33 PM »
In a fit of rage, the two worms pulled off from each other and roared after hurting each other. They turned their attention over to the fleeing group and surfed through the sand in pursuit. Lazaryos heard the rumbling and had seen what transpired behind him. "Bloody child! Why'd you have to go and anger them!?" Lazaryos knew that they couldn't outrun the worms on foot. The sand still had a little bit of moisture in it left, so he quickly thought before turning. "Ember! Heat up as much sand as you possibly can! I have an idea! Dragon boy! Get ready to pull me out of the way if necessary!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: June 29, 2010, 03:31:51 PM »
Ember never stopped running but just turned in her run and ran back to where Lazaryos was. She quickly halted herself about a foot diagonally in front of Lazaryos. Taking a knee, she took her staff in both hands and shoved the bottom into the sand. Closing her eyes, she concentrated on heating up the area of sand in front of her, being sure to avoid the areas where the others were.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: June 29, 2010, 06:32:25 PM »
Chrono spun around and dug his talons into the sand in an attempt to stop his own momentum. He almost fell on his back as he quickly came to a stop, but was able to make his way back to the group, watching the worm to see if he needed to pull the lightning mage out of an almost certain demise. He thought of throwing the kunai, but he wouldn't be able to retrieve them safely if they didn't hit their targets; that fact alone gave him the options to either abandon or save Lazaryos... and the second one somehow seemed more to his liking.