The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66861 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #375 on: June 29, 2010, 09:05:12 PM »
As sure as Ember was at not heating up the areas where they were she seemed to forget Alistair was. The sand under his feet heated up nicely. He quickly got out of the effected area and glared at Ember. He stopped running and turned to see what Lazaryos had in mind. It annoyed him that he was unable to do anything, well, anything that would benefit in the fight against these worms. The thought of killing Lazaryos and then Ember had crossed his mind while they were preoccupied. Though it wouldn't exactly get these worms dead.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #376 on: June 30, 2010, 11:37:45 PM »
The remaining moisture thickened the air in front of them, and all around the oncoming worms. Lazaryos charged as much Majicka in him, save enough to possibly have 2 more medium spells for later. Lazaryos fired a massive storm just as the worms came within 100 feet of the group. Lightning filled the whole area in front of them and seemed to attract towards the worms. Moreover, the lightning seemed to amplify as it got closer and even moreso as they hit the worms. The worms roared and shrieked and then passed out. Lazaryos roared and screamed after discharging the spell and fell to the ground after being rebounded by the output. He groaned as the pain of discharging almost a day's worth of Majicka in one shot took its toll.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #377 on: July 01, 2010, 12:01:31 AM »
Ember stopped heating the ground, pulled her staff out of the ground and turned on her knee towards Lazaryos. She saw no need in asking him if he was okay because it was obvious that the spell he had just done had taken a toll on him. She rose to her feet and switched her staff to her left hand since it was her weaker hand (since she is right-handed), walking to where Lazaryos' head was. "Alright, tough guy, let's go." She said, grabbing him by the scruff of his neck. "Gotta get movin' to get far from here before these beasties wake up." She started walking, dragging Lazaryos behind her.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 12:03:10 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #378 on: July 01, 2010, 12:18:15 AM »
Chrono stared at the two for a few seconds, trying to hold back a 'knowing' smile as he followed the duo on all fours. "So, exactly how did you go from barely tolerating him, to now willingly carrying him?" he asked between hiss-like chuckles. He could deal without killing or getting another sword if the two of them kept entertaining him with their small yet visible changes in attitude...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #379 on: July 01, 2010, 12:47:12 AM »
Alistair watched as Lazaryos knocked the worms out with a sudden burst of power. As he got dragged away by Ember he thought it would be a good time to strike. He could decapitate Ember with minimal interference. Chrono was down a weapon, his fighting efficiency would be reduced, Lazaryos was out of commission and the new guy probably didn't care enough about them to interfere. The only thing stopping him from doing so was that the worms would unfortunately wake up eventually. Chrono would likely attack Alistair delaying him long enough for Lazaryos to get back up. By that time the worms would have likely woken up.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #380 on: July 01, 2010, 04:19:47 AM »
He saw the two of them actually work together as a team to disable the worms, but noticing the sheer pain and exhaustion caused to Lazaryos as he stood back from the group before they started the journey again. Taking only a moment of thought on how they started up on teamwork though they barely knew each other, he looked up to see that they started up their walk again almost without him. Making a sprint, he got himself to Ember and Lazaryos and stopped in front of them. "Let me carry him. It's the least I can do." he spoke, a little aggravated at what he was doing, but not hesitating in this offer as he belted his sword and secured his cards before he knelt down to try to get him off the warming ground. "You'll move a lot faster being carried than sliding on the sand."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #381 on: July 01, 2010, 12:16:01 PM »
Lazaryos grunted as the kid tried to lift him up. However, he found it exceptionally painful for someone half his weight trying to pick him up. "I think I'd rather get dragged by the fur than carried. Let's concentrate on getting out of here. Even with that spell amplified by the thick moisture and condensation, it's barely enough to stun them." Lazaryos groaned against as another bolt of pain shot through his entire body.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #382 on: July 01, 2010, 04:29:04 PM »
Ember rolled her eyes at Chrono's question. "I never had an issue with tolerating him...except when he was acting like a complete buffoon to get this thing which ended up being for nothing since it was worthless and flawed in his opinion." She said, gesturing to the diamond hanging from her neck. She had stopped when the newcomer had suggested he carry Lazaryos and when Lazaryos said he would rather be dragged, she readjusted her grip and started walking with him in tow again. "So basically the kind of moments I couldn't tolerate him were the same kind of moments I had trouble tolerating you. That should tell you that he isn't getting any special treatment...especially since I have saved both your lives at least once." She gave Chrono a look that said 'I know you know what I'm talking about so don't try denying it' then looked forward again.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #383 on: July 01, 2010, 05:13:43 PM »
"Er- um... forget it, hurts to much to think about it." he said while going through about five facial expressions, then in a fit of complete idiocy or guilt, wrestled Lazaryos out of Ember's grip and carried him face-up on his left shoulder. "You still need to be capable of throwing fire, I can hold him since I'm used to using a single hand to wield a sword." He said before Ember could even voice her objections. He passivly sniffed the air and  then looked at Lazaryos with a look of shocked disgust. "Man, you smell worse than a charcoal pulled from feral dragon dung!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #384 on: July 01, 2010, 07:37:10 PM »
Alistair just kept walking doing the best he could to ignore the others while they fussed about who gets to carry the idiot who over did himself. Ember seemed to enjoy dragging his behind and did her best to keep him to herself until Chrono scooped him up. It was all annoying to him, he wanted nothing more than to kill them all. Particularly Ember, it would bring him such joy to cut her open. But he would still have to be patient and wait until the time was right.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #385 on: July 02, 2010, 04:09:06 AM »
Vosur shrugged and pulled the same deck of cards from before out of a pouch on his belt, shuffling them idly as he walked with the group. Every now and then, he'd flick a card up into the air and catch it behind his back while they were walking, only stopping the shuffling when he felt the wind gust a little, then resumed the shuffling and card-tricks again when there was a calm in the wind. After a few minutes of the walk, he stopped and put the cards away, speeding up enough to get to a better talking distance for Ember and Lazaryos. "I never did get to thank you two properly for before. So thanks."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »
Lazaryos growled at Chrono between twangs of pain. "You try being overweight, and sweating as much as I do in this bloody heat and then you talk to me about smelling. Though I will say that you are not exactly a sweet flower, yourself. You smell like something the elephant dropped like a mudslide on a stormy day." Lazaryos was feeling very tempted to overcharge the youngling's eye with Majicka again, and it took everything he had not to.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2010, 02:24:55 PM »
Ember let Chrono take Lazaryos from her since she didn't care who transported him while he was weak. "I don't need two hands to throw fire but whatever. Knock yourself out." She said with a shrug. It was only a second or two later that she actually chuckled. "He probably will knock himself out after carrying him for a while...didn't even think of that when I was saying it." She thought to herself. She then turned her attention to the newcomer. "Your welcome...even though I have no idea what you're talking about." She responded as she looked at him. She really had no idea what she did to deserve a thank you.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #388 on: July 03, 2010, 01:11:34 AM »
Almost on cue with Lazaryos' temptation the small head-ache that was his third eye, started to worsen as he was holding a mage near his head. "I don't know what your books say, but my dad used his eye to 'control' the ones who were attuned to your so-called 'fake' eyes... Its just a thought. Kinda' like how my dad wanted the Mana to find that tear you were talking about. Did I say too much?"

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #389 on: July 03, 2010, 02:20:08 AM »
He gave Chrono a glance, though he didn't look him in the eyes due to his current position, when he mentioned of the Mana. Trying to remain silent about it, he raised his shades back up on his nose as he looked in the general direction of Alistair. "You look like you want to say something? Or is this moment a bit too touching for you?" he spoke in a joking manner while he pulled one single card out and fiddled with it in his fingers, venturing closer to Alistair.