The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66855 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #435 on: July 14, 2010, 02:09:01 PM »
Lazaryos sat down water-side in Indian-style and placed a pile of leaves and shavings from the surrounding palms. He suspended his hand over the pile, and a small bolt shot into the pile, and instantly set it on fire. Lazaryos eyed the necromancer, shooting a look that said "Don't even think about trying it." He sighed and looked over to the newcomer. "So do you have name, youngling?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #436 on: July 14, 2010, 11:21:09 PM »
Ember was aware of Alistair's grin, which didn't surprise her, then she caught the look that Lazaryos shot at him. That surprised her but she didn't let it show on her face. She shouldn't have been so surprised since they were in a temporary alliance, but she couldn't help it since she didn't expect Lazaryos to be so protective of her. She didn't care what evil plan was running through Alistair's mind, she was getting in the water. She approached the water's edge opposite from where Alistair was sitting so she could keep an eye on him. She moved behind a bush and changed her clothes to something like short-shorts and a strapless bra. When she was done changing, she stuffed her other clothes in her bag then grabbed it and her staff and moved out from behind the bush. She set her staff and her bag at the water's edge then walked into the water and sat down in a spot so that the water would come up to her neck.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #437 on: July 14, 2010, 11:35:08 PM »
Chrono finished cleaning his blade, then looked at the one Lazaryos refered to as 'youngling'. "Mage, what do you think boiled scorpion would taste like?" he asked as hunger started to set in after the retreat they just performed. He got up before the mage answered, and started shaking the trees for any fruit, and got hit on the head as one piece of fruit fell out and went right for his 'cow-lick'.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #438 on: July 15, 2010, 01:02:06 AM »
Alistair watched as Lazaryos shot him the looks, shooting some lighting as a threat. It didn't impress him. When Ember went into the water he waited for a moment. Underneath his robed he buried his satchel with his book into the sand. To anyone without X-Ray vision it would look as if he were just sitting there. After he finished he stood up. He pulled down his hood with both hands, took his scythe in his right hand and started to take his robe off. Revealing his loose black clothing underneath. He set his robe onto a nearby bush, took off his shirt and turned towards Ember in the water. Alistair was a very scrawny person underneath all his clothes. But he had a more distinguishing feature to him, a massive scar the was in the center of his chest. It was round and jagged, like someone had struck him with a powerful spell. Scythe in hand, expressionless face back on, he waded into the water, still a ways from Ember. He just kept walking in, towards her, eventually he went completely under and seemed to just disappear.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 05:21:31 AM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #439 on: July 15, 2010, 08:38:47 AM »
He finished up the milk from the first coconut he had right before he was asked the question, wiping what remained with the back of his hand. "Most people gave me the nickname 'Knave of Blades', I was born with the name Vosur Aekira... choose one of those two over the 'youngling' or even 'pup' if you ever decide to try that with me." he spoke, a slight growl in his tone when mentioning the "youngling" and "pup" names. He flipped the card he used to open the first coconut with to show how he got his nickname, he looked to the one that asked about the boiled scorpion, going to a slight smile on his face. "They're not half bad, but don't eat the meat in the tail-tip... it'll make your mouth go numb for hours." he spoke, laughing a little afterwards and then using his card to open up another coconut to have himself another drink.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #440 on: July 15, 2010, 11:34:48 PM »
Lazaryos shuddered at the thought of attempting to eat a scorpion. "I personally don't care to know how it tastes. I prefer the fresh meat of a good kill. If not, I would just eat fruits. I don't eat insects, I kill them." Lazaryos chomped on one of the coconuts and watched Ember bathe herself. However, he quickly finished up the coconut quickly as he watched Alistair enter the water towards Ember. "Hey, Ember. I think your secret admirer's about to give you a covert swab, if you catch my drift. *He raises his staff, charging it with his Majicka* Jump out, I'll clear the pool."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #441 on: July 16, 2010, 01:02:41 AM »
Ember watched as Alistair removed his cloak and dove into the water while she bathed herself. She was going to stay in the water and fight him off if he tried to do anything but when Lazaryos spoke and she looked over at him while rolling her eyes at the 'secret admirer' comment, she felt she couldn't deny him his fun. So she stood and walked out of the water with her tail swaying behind her, grabbing her staff and her bag from the water's edge. She walked over to the bush she had changed behind before and set her stuff down in front of it, then laid her sleeping mat out and laid on it, resting her head on her bag and waiting to see what would happen when Lazaryos cast his spell.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #442 on: July 16, 2010, 01:10:05 AM »
Chrono rubbed his head before picking up what looked like a hair-less coconut with the color and skin of a lemon. He bit into it and a grin stretched as the sweet-sour taste coverd his mouth. He continues to chew on it, then climbs up the tree to find more. "Vos, you gotta try this!" Chrono yelled as he tossed a fruit to Vosur and resumed eating his own fruit with a big grin on his face.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #443 on: July 16, 2010, 01:35:49 AM »
Alistair was sitting at the bottom of the oasis when he felt a shift in the water. He looked up to see Ember leaving, just figuring he had creeped her out. But he didn't have any intention of doing anything to her. He was concentrating on what he felt earlier. It was ominously familiar. He thought back to when he stole the book he had in his possession, from his school. He had felt this presence before, it might have been someone who was trying to get the book back. "Hmm...my book...After all this time are they trying to take it back? Maybe...They have been all this time...That has to be it...The two in Grandfairs, the four in Brisbain and the four here in the desert...They were all after the book. Hmm...Interesting..." The shortness of breath and the desire to check to see if his book was still there made Alistair get up and swim back over to where he came. He walked out of the water and headed over to his buried satchel, dug it up and checked it. The book was still there. He searched the horizon as he stood there for awhile. He put the book back, dropped the satchel back on the ground and ran one hand through his wet hair as he walked over to his shirt and robe to get dressed.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #444 on: July 16, 2010, 04:55:41 AM »
He catches the fruit without even looking up to Chrono, instinctively putting it to his nose and catching a very sharp smell from it. "Citrus? Not a good idea since I had coconut milk recently. Last thing I want that to do is to curdle inside of me." he said as he looked up and called to Chrono, putting the fruit into a cargo-pocket of his pants and the last coconut he picked into his other cargo-pocket. "Thanks for the citrus though, it'll help preserve and flavor the herb I'm going to go pick." He gets up and brushes himself off before he looks around to the rest of the group. "If anyone needs some herbs as well, you may want to come with me or give me a pouch to put them in."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #445 on: July 16, 2010, 12:17:19 PM »
Lazaryos lowered his staff and sighed as the pup got up to find herbs, "This is the desert from Hell, Vosur. You won't find any herbs here. Even with the limited tropical vegetation, herbs are far from being able to survive out here. Even the Guild has to import all of their medical supplies." Lazaryos closed his eyes and began to meditate. He eventually fell asleep to the crackling of the fire and Chrono's loud breathing, which particularly annoyed him for no reason other than the fact that it was loud.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #446 on: July 16, 2010, 03:01:20 PM »
Ember laid there for a little bit, allowing her fur to dry, then she grabbed her bag and staff and moved behind the bush. She changed back to her regular outfit then came back around the bush and hung her wet clothes on the bush. She laid back down with her head on her bag once again, holding onto her staff. She stared up at the starry sky for a while before she felt ready to fall asleep. She rolled onto her side and closed her eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #447 on: July 16, 2010, 11:21:48 PM »
Chrono jumped off the tree, and put some fruit near Ember and Lazaryos before going to sleep with a piece still sticking out of his mouth. He was not aware that the fruit, while delicious in it own right, made his eye ache considerably as the well of majick it contained, was being poured into Chrono like a waterfall. However, it was being sucked right back into the eye before his body could accept it, making it a loop of constant pain that would have made him thrash about had he not already fallen asleep. Eventually it faded back, leaving white marks on anywhere you could see black scales.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #448 on: July 17, 2010, 03:17:14 AM »
Alistair got back in his robe and sat down to read from his book. After awhile of reading he put the book away and began to meditate. He still couldn't shake the feeling he was being watched. "I hope they try something...I can finally kill someone freely..." He looked over to the others sleeping. "Maybe I should kill one in their sleep...That incessant gargoyle...Hmm...She will likely scream like a stuck pig...The sow...Would wake everyone up...Pity...Maybe that wolf...He could probably die like a man."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #449 on: July 17, 2010, 06:37:37 AM »
"Then why do I smell them around here?" he spoke out before he started wandering towards the direction he was catching the scent from, stopping before he went too far and looking back to see Alistair, still sniffing around on a more discrete fashion as he went back to the group. "If there aren't any in this oasis, then we may have company." he muttered, taking off his shades as he sat down to do an inventory of his cards, his tail twitching like a metronome. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught a little movement, now acting like he didn't see it as he slipped two cards into his palm before he secured the pouch. "Grim mage..." he started to speak towards Alistair, not having known any of the group's names yet. "...I know you don't have any friends with us at the moment, but please tell me that you do have an ally somewhere."