The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66893 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2010, 06:42:54 PM »
Chrono looked to where he heard a massive explosion, and saw a crater in a massive grouping of monsters. His wolves had just finished off the last the the monsters on the other side of the town, and were now feasting on the bodies. He hit the butt of his cutlass against his gauntlet, and the wolves lifted their heads to listen. "Finish up, we're moving out in a moment..." they did as they were told, and quickly regrouped and followed Chrono as they continued their walk. He knew he fell behind the others who made the trek as he had waited for his wolves to get their food, which took an hour or two until they were all ready to move on.

On their trek, they came across others who started late, and by the looks of it, wouldn't last past the end of the day. "Too many hopefulls, they should just stay in the city if they can't take the mental pressure..." he mumbled as he saw one collapse and then be looted by the others around him instead of assisted. Luckily, the wolves kept the vulture-like travelers from getting too close to him. He wouldn't expect to catch up to them even if he ran, but he stopped thinking about his current situation as a vast expanse of black... and barely anything else, was seen after a few hills that by the looks, had recently been walked on. He went to the top of a hill to see if there was an end to the black.

No suck luck...
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 12:49:31 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2010, 08:36:50 PM »
Justeph jumped up stretching, for he had been awake all night. He overhead everyone leaving, and now sounds of violence in the distance. It was this time, he decided to get up and go, after recuperating from the fight.
For the most part, the day was uneventful, just a similar looking patch of grass after another. In the distance he could see what looked like black blobs.
What the blobs were exactly he was unsure, but he decided the best course of action was to avoid most of the blobs.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 01:14:56 AM by Gabag »

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2010, 01:16:52 AM »
Lazryos opened his eyes as he heard the spells whiz by and kill a portion of the monsters. He watched as the hole in the ranks of the monsters filled back up as if it didn't do anything. Lazaryos didn't like it. He stood up and slammed his staff into the ground and created a large lightning net, illuminating part of the field and grunting as it was a high-level version of his usual nets. Monsters that were in the immediate radius were caught, but the others just climbed over, ready to kill now. Lazaryos mumbled under his breath as he watched the monsters get closer on top of their allies' heads. "Come on, just a little closer, you maggots." The clouds above began to cluster over him and swirl around, lightning emanating from his hands, eyes and staff. I'm so glad I haven't had to use any Majicka today. He yelled over to where Ember and Nitrous were standing. "You two! Thank you for your help, but I suggest you run now!" Monsters of all sorts jumped off the shoulders of the closest ones and were falling towards him, fangs and claws all opened, wanting to tear his flesh. Lazaryos finally grabbed his staff with both hands and his head kicked back, facing the cluster of clouds over him, at the last second, and a lightning bolt as wide as his net struck the ground, incinerating everything within and past 20 meters of its edge. The ground singed, and the air became light. As the smoke cleared, Lazaryos stood in the middle of the giant burn in the ground, on the only patch of grass that survived, breathing heavily as he clutched onto his staff. "That.... hah... hah... was for.... hah... the beef.... hah." With that, the tiger closed his eyes and collapsed onto the ground with his staff in hand, and fell into a comatose state.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2010, 02:08:05 AM »
Ember quickly dove out of the way so that she wouldn't be incinerated along with the monsters or anything else within the area of the lightning strike, doing a pretty graceful roll for someone in a hurry to get out of the way. When she got up from the ground, Lazaryos has already collapsed. Turning on Nitrous, she walked right up to him, looking him in the eyes. "Call me "girly", one more time, and all that will be left of you is ash." She growled; the tough girl in her rearing its ugly head. It was actually surprising that her left hand didn't have a grip on his throat at the moment. She then turned on her heels and headed towards where Lazaryos was on the ground. She knew that there was no point in traveling any farther at night. Monsters loved the night, so that made it so she couldn't travel at her favorite time of day. She settled on the burned ground near Lazaryos but not too close for comfort if he happened to wake up, though she didn't expect he would any time soon. Pulling her bag off her back, she removed her sleeping mat from it, laying it out on the ground even though she felt completely at home on the burned grass. She laid down on the mat, closing her eyes and hoping to fall asleep quickly.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2010, 05:17:58 AM »
*Nitrous almost immediately remembered the sound of the voice warning him and the girl as soon as he heard it reach his ears* "What in the hell?! I can't believe I was helping tiger boy this whole time!" *He stopped short seeing that the battle was about over and the fire spread across the ground in an almost instantaneous effort; towards his direction the rather irritated wolf remembered the time before when the lightning hit and did a running jump and a somersault to the side as soon the flames got closer to his proximity and the end of his cloak got singed in the evasive maneuver* "Damn you tiger boy! You got me burnt a little." *The wolf was about to raise his fist at the then unconscious tiger and then he was deterred as he didn't get to rest easy when the enraged gargoyle-bat came to him with threats which as she turned around he replied in his dumbfounded state* "I have nothing else to call ya..." *He just shrugged her attack off like it didn't happen when she turned about and left him to be alone*

*Nitrous then looked upon the white tiger laying on the burned ground and walked over carefully avoiding the girl, standing over him quietly, the wolf dropped a blanket on the feline's body* "I can't let you die because then I can't get my revenge later on." *He hissed to himself as he laughed quietly and walked to a tree not too far from the other two mages and leaned against it until he fell into a slumber curling up without conscious awareness*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2010, 03:34:46 PM »
Chrono had long since set up camp while waiting for the massive amounts of creatures to move on. Some of the wolves went out to get dog-sized monsters as appetizers, while Chrono walked off with a few in order to catch bigger meals. Chrono was looking for a few bears, but caught sight of another camp inhabited by others around his age, and they seemed to hold potential judging by the dried blood on their weapons.

As he approached the camp, two members of the group noticed the wolves around the camp, but not the figure that had leaped in and cut up the one on the right. The other adventurer was backing away from Chrono into a wolf that knocked him onto his chest, and tore his neck muscles out. Screams along with cries of death rang out from the camp before Chrono came back with seven corpses, a bag full of coins, and no injured or dead wolves.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 03:40:07 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 02, 2010, 12:35:42 AM »
Lazaryos woke up from his comatose far before dawn the next morning. He groaned as his joints screamed in severe pain as it was the first time in years that he had expended that much Majicka. Lazryos noticed the blanket on him and Ember laying not too far from him. He chuckled and took the blanket, folding it as he got up and laid it next to her. Lazaryos sat back down and meditated, waiting for light to come.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2010, 01:50:45 AM »
When light came, Ember woke up, yawning and stretching. As she rolled over and sat up, she noticed the blanket next to her. Now it was her turn to chuckle. "Umm...even though I may have ended up dragging you along with me if you hadn't woken up, this blanket isn't mine..." She said, looking over Lazaryos. "It's his. He covered you." She smirked, pointing over to Nitrous who was lying against a tree. She wouldn't be surprised if Nitrous denied her claim though. She rolled her sleeping mat up and reattached it to her bag, removing an apple from the bag and starting to eat it.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Received through special limited time events This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2010, 02:49:48 AM »
*Nitrous was just lazily laying there not really in as much of a rush as he should have been* "I don't know what you're talking about miss, I'm just a traveling dark mage minding his own damn business." "Great, now I have attention towards me." *Nitrous got up and stretched from his spot quickly getting the sun in his eyes* "Oh crap and a half! I hate that light at this hour of the day." *He hissed and moved back into the shade of the tree just out of the glare of the sunlight, but enough to still heat up his legs with sunbeams*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2010, 01:34:01 PM »
Chrono woke up with his head on a wolf, and his body covered by two others. He started pushing the wolves off him, and they quickly squirmed away and got the others awake in about ten minutes. Chrono did a few stretches and swings of both arms before walking down the hill he slept on, then soon came across the people he used to be ahead of. "Hmph, too impatient to wait for me to catch up, yet you have the time to laze about..." he muttered as he and his wolf pack passed him, and he started to wonder where the rest of the monsters went. There had to be at least a thousand here if it... but I only see about a hundred or so bodies... he mused as he continued down the trail.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2010, 05:05:33 PM »
Justeph continued walking, seeing strobes of light in the distance. He assumed those were magical attacks being cast. He was right. Large portions of the blobs scattered and disappeared. As he hiked closer, he could see that the blobs of monsters were destroyed by three mages. At least he assumed the three people he saw were the mages that destroyed the monster gathering.

"Three mages did all that damage?" He breathed in awe.
"I assume so... word of advice, STAY THE HECK AWAY FROM THEM" Sindri warned.
Justeph didn't listen and just made a beeline towards their area. As he silently marched, he neared their location, and gave a little wave of acknowledgment before he sat down to rest his tired legs.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2010, 07:50:36 PM »
A little irritated by finding out who's that was, Lazaryos grabbed the blanket and, with a bit of Majicka, subsequently fried the blanket to ash. He grumbled and began to walk north, his energy having returned to him in the hours spent meditating. Lazaryos' mind began to tickle at the thought of a romance with Ember. He quickly shook the thought out of his head and slapped both sides of his face. Wake up, you idiot. You've never had anyone before, never needed anyone before. That's how it was and always will be.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2010, 10:30:50 PM »
Ember couldn't help but laugh at Lazaryos' reaction to finding out who the blanket belonged to, nor could she help chuckling when she saw him slap himself in the face. This guy was interesting. She got up off the ground and headed north after him, still eating her apple as she walked. "Oh, not that it matters but, my name is Ember...just so you don't need to call me 'girly' anymore..." She said as she turned her head in Nitrous' direction, making sure she was loud enough for him to hear her.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2010, 01:18:46 AM »
*The dark mage scoffed and grumbled* "Alrighty Ember." *Not up much for a conversation at his current moment and his eyes twitched seeing his blanket destroyed in a heartbeat* "That son of female tiger... that was an antique." *He growled under his breath* "Tiger boy, you are going to DIE." *The wolf trudged on forward keeping his distance from the fire mage still in front of his path and following silently after his small discussion with himself* "Now hopefully these docks that we are trying to get to are not infested with a bunch of brutes as well, it would be nice to have some smooth sailing for once... yeah I must be dreaming and why do I keep thinking "we", I have nothing to do with these clowns I'm following.." *He shrugged off his thoughts and didn't think much of it as he continued*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »
Chrono had actually decided if he could ride one of his wolves, but the instant he got on, the wolf sat down and laid on its side, making Chrono fall off rather awkwardly. "Okay... so I can't ride any of you, jerks" he muttered as he pulled his foot out and continued walking down the trail. Well, considering his luck with fighting, he wasn't going to run into much on his journey to the second continent.

Well, that was until he spotted a giant eye symbol on a banner, which was atop a camp of mages of varying skill, gender, and race. Great, my heritage is coming back to bite me to death... he mused while groaning and trying to avoid their security.