The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66853 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #465 on: July 20, 2010, 07:30:36 PM »
Ember continued to walk, ignoring what was happening behind her. She was mainly ignoring it because she knew what was going to happen to the guy who didn't get away and she had to resist her feral instincts. She glanced back to see that Lazaryos had started to walk as well. She slung her bag over her shoulders then spun her staff around with her right hand just for something to do.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #466 on: July 21, 2010, 01:04:07 AM »
A growl emenated from Chrono's throat when Lazaryos confirmed his 'fears', and swung his only good sword at a speed where it made the air distort, but not even close enough to be called 'faster than sound'. He tried to cool himself off by taking one of his pieces of fruit and was border-line nibbling it as he made his way past Ember and Lazaryos again. "Exactly how do they expect cheap swords to be of any use in the desert. These are hardly worthy to be called steak knives, let alone swords!!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #467 on: July 21, 2010, 01:34:29 AM »
When Vosur stepped in front of Alistair he almost lost it. He pushed passed him and sunk his scythe into the man's chest. He wasn't going to wait for him to answer Vosur's questions, and Lazaryos had answered them anyway. He pulled his scythe out having started coming to his senses. He walked on with his four minions in tow, giving his scythe a quick flick to get the blood off. He put it on his back, pulled up his hood and walked towards the others.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #468 on: July 21, 2010, 09:38:37 AM »
He didn't particularly enjoy having to deal with the necromancer's antics, since that just deprived him of much-needed answers to what he was asking... even Lazaryos's comment to him wasn't sufficient enough to stave off whatever anger he had welled inside of him as he looked to the fallen body once again before following the rest. "You got off easy, brigand." he spoke under his breath to the fallen body before speed-walking to catch up with the rest, handing over the sword he still had hold from when he was threatening the Guild Member to Chrono. "You mentioned you needed a spare sword?" he spoke, obviously trying to calm himself down with a distraction on the events that just happened. "This one isn't exactly Damascus Steel, but it does feel like it has a slightly better temper than the rest of those blades the Guild used. Maybe it might be able to take a few strikes before it gives in?" He tried to keep his eyes away from Ember while he offered the weapon to Chrono, obviously embarrassed at something that happened during the fight.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #469 on: July 21, 2010, 11:54:43 AM »
Lazaryos' awareness of the situation dissipated quite quickly as he stared at Ember's figure, particularly her tail and behind, swing from left to right and back again. There was something about this youngling that attracted him like no other. Lazaryos finally shook his head and smacked himself with both hands to snap out of it. Technically, he's old enough to be her father. To distract himself from THAT distraction, he amused himself with looking out for sand pits as they headed north and back towards the river area. They'd have to take turns standing guard, but they're going to need rest soon. It's still barely into the night, and they had just escaped with their lives from two insect hordes and then an ambush. It's getting really exhausting.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #470 on: July 21, 2010, 11:43:15 PM »
Ember was on high alert. Her head moving in the direction of any sound she heard while she kept an eye out for sand pits. But even though she was very alert, her eyelids still felt heavy and she had to fight to keep them open. She had used a lot of her Majicka that day, not as much as Lazaryos though, but enough to make her just want to sit down and do nothing. She felt eyes on her at one point, but just assumed it was Alistair staring at her and hoping she would fall victim to a sand pit and an ant so she didn't actually look behind her to check who it was.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #471 on: July 22, 2010, 05:54:07 PM »
Chrono looked at the blade, and grinned before taking it from Vosur's hand. "Thanks, hopefully it won't break like that one I threw in the sand" he said with a rather sad laugh before biting into the fruit, and apparently triggering a glow from the white markings on his face. However, the set-up of his eyes prevent him from seeing whats directly on his snout or on his forehead. However, the ache from the eye was still there, but he mistook it for a regular headache that follwed after his flashbacks, and just kept walking...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #472 on: July 22, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »
As Alistair walked behind like he usually did he looked at his standings. He had minions, four of them. The rest of the group was tired and at their magic limits, whereas Alistair had no limit to start with. He was rarely tired. It was perfect, the best possible advantage. The perfect time to strike...The perfect time to kill Ember...With a flick of his wrist he sent his minions at the group from behind. He sent one towards Lazaryos to grab his feet and trip him so it could get on top of him and hold him down. He sent another at Chrono, he wouldn't see it coming always off in his own world as he was. He sent his last two at Vosur, his prime threat at the moment. One to latch onto his back and the other his feet. After he did that he dashed for Ember planning to trip her with a low sweep kick then stand over her to savor the moment before lopping off her head.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #473 on: July 23, 2010, 12:10:16 AM »
Going completely off of reaction, his left hand pulled out three numbing-venom coated cards and threw them in the sound of the motion. Two of the cards were in straight-flight towards the two minions, the last one flying towards the quick-moving Alistair in a slightly curved path. "Guess the alliance is over!" he called out as he jumped backwards while pulling his sword out of its sheath and pulling the sheath off of his belt.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #474 on: July 23, 2010, 01:16:50 AM »
Lazaryos walked on. Being heavy, he ended up dragging the zombie instead of falling over. Lazaryos noticed the grab and the increase in dead weight dragging on his feet and picked up the undead puppet by the neck. "Yes, quite. Bloody necromancer." Lazaryos threw the unarmed puppet away and rushed for Ember without thinking. He tackled Alistair before he got to Ember, and gripped the necromancer's throat. "I had expected this, but not this soon. I may not have any Majicka left, but I still have a strong enough 'grip' of my situation."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #475 on: July 23, 2010, 03:48:17 PM »
Ember stopped and turned when she heard Vosur say that he guessed the alliance was over. She was kind of zoned out so even though she saw Alistair dashing at her, she didn't do anything to stop him. Lucky for her, Lazaryos wasn't brought down by the puppet sent after him and he rushed over and stopped Alistair by tackling him to the ground. She looked down at the two of them with a dumbfounded expression. "How could I be so careless? I was paying attention to everything except one of the biggest things I needed to watch out for..." She thought and shook her head.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #476 on: July 24, 2010, 12:09:26 AM »
Chrono sighed as he heard something come after him, and figured Alistair finally lost his patience. Chrono didn't even draw out his original blade, as he lopped off the puppet's head in a single swing, then quartered the body just in case Alistair tried to only control the body. "Come on, are you trying to pull my leg by only sending one?!" he yelled as he made his way to the person so he could finish his existance...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #477 on: July 24, 2010, 12:39:18 AM »
As Alistair was in Lazaryos' grip he chuckled. "A sudden burst of energy...To protect the woman you love? Weak...I was doing you a favor. You will have to kill her...Yourself when your petty alliance is through...You hold on to the thought you can be together...You know just as much as I do, only one of you will get to The Mana Droplet alive!" He laughed again. "You are delusional, tiger...You should have just let me kill her and save you the trouble...It would have only taken a second..." The minion Lazaryos had thrown came back and tackled him giving Alistair a chance to kick him in the chest to get him off. He rolled backwards, got to his feet and drew his scythe. "So...Are you going to let me put an end to her? I will get her eventually...She's lucky she had her precious tiger by her side..."
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 06:40:35 PM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #478 on: July 24, 2010, 05:58:59 AM »
The first two cards hit their targets dead-on in their throats, causing the two minions to stagger backwards  and slow down in their movements as the venom kicked in rather quickly. Due to not being fully "alive", they were only slowed down to walk instead of being in a running-charge. The one that flew towards Alistair ricocheted off of the scythe before Alistair was tackled, barely missing Lazaryos due to the trajectory and back towards himself. Seeing this as an opportunity, Vosur flipped the sword around in his left hand to put the blade's flat against his arm and used the sheath in his right hand to knock the flying card into the puppet on his right to make the card impale into the soft-tissue right above the collarbone as he assumed a Nitoryu stance due to expecting the one on his right to get back up before he could dash past the two. The one on his left was still approaching before Vosur made a move at it and slashed its arms off in two clean vertical cuts to disable it and flipping the sword back to a normal hold as he started to make a run for Alistair, ending up getting grabbed around the ankle by the first one on the ground and being tripped. After scrabbling to try to get out of the grip of the minion, he flipped over and took one clean swipe at the wrist of the minion, severing it from the rest of the body before he quickly resheathed his sword and pried the disembodied hand from his ankle.

"Hey grim-mage! Need a hand?" he called out as he flung the body-part to the necromancer and prepared to go back to his favored style of Iaido, hand at the hilt of his sword as he closed the distance between the two of them.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #479 on: July 25, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »
Lazaryos looked at the zombie before picking it up by the throat again, and standing up. "I see, so you can force these dead bodies to exceed their normal speed parameters. Not bad. But..." This time, Lazaryos crushed the zombie's spine to sever Alistair's control on it and threw the truly lifeless body at Alistair to distract him while Vosur closed in.