The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66851 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #480 on: July 25, 2010, 08:25:19 PM »
If anybody had looked at Ember, they would have seen her eyes glowing in the darkness like the flames their coloring looked like. It could not be mistaken as a trick of the light since there was no light around to cause a trick besides the moon and that was behind her. She was glaring directly at Alistair. "I would rather...die by any of these three's hands...than be killed by you...and have my body used for your gain with your pathetic power!" This was the angriest she had ever been while with the group and each time she paused, she had taken a small step forward. Flames were starting to creep their way up her arms. Her anger wasn't fake and she had meant what she had said, but what she was really hoping was that what she was doing combined with the minion Lazaryos had thrown at Alistair would distract him long enough from the oncoming assault from Vosur that she wasn't paying the slightest attention to. Nothing she was doing gave any hint of what was coming at Alistair because it was a real and honest reaction to the situation.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 08:29:17 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #481 on: July 27, 2010, 09:11:45 PM »
Chrono drew out his second blade just in case that Alistair was going to go beserk with his scythe. He stood a good few feet from Lazaryos and wondered what was taking so long. "Is he going to fight back... or you gonna' end it mage?!" Alistair wasn't that much of a nuisance in his eyes since most of the time he just stuck to the back and did minimal to bother the group, however Chrono would have little issues with ending his existance if this was going to be commonplace...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #482 on: July 28, 2010, 12:31:35 AM »
Alistair cleaved the body of his minion in half with a downward slash as Vosur got behind him. He turned his head and delivered a kick to his chest stumbling him slightly. He turned all the way around using that motion to whip his scythe around into a strong hit. But Vosur blocked it, recoiling his hand badly enough to make the blade hit the ground leaving his chest open. But Alistair couldn't get a hit in with the scythe so kicked him in the chest again, knocking him off his feet. He turned to meet Chrono who was descending upon him with both blades drawn. He brought the weaker one down which he easily cut in half. Single handedly he fought Chrono with his scythe, clashing blades a few times before he manged to knock him too off his feet. Now in a state of rage and blood thirst Alistair turned to Ember who looked as angry as he did. He grinned wider than he had ever done before, almost foaming at the mouth. "I am going to enjoy mounting your head on a spike!" he cackled as he rushed towards her. There was some distance between the two, allowing her to get off a fireball in which he somersaulted over into a horizontal attack. But Ember ducked it. Alistair landed to her right, she turned to intercept his incoming attack, which was a hit from the back end of his scythe, knocking her staff from her hands. She jumped back, launching another smaller fireball at him in which he spun his scythe around to deflect it. He cackled, spinning his scythe around his body, still spinning it to build up one end all attack he rushed her. Leaping into the air a yard or so away he brought the scythe down at Ember. "DIE YOU INCESSANT WOMAN!!" If the attack connected it would easily split her in two.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #483 on: July 28, 2010, 07:41:39 AM »
Even though he was knocked to one side and onto his back from his encounter, he hand-sprung on his feet and resheathed his blade just in time to see Alistair ready for another attack to Ember. He didn't have enough time to make an accurate kill-throw with his cards, but he did have enough speed and reaction to do do something he did not think on doing ever since he started this mission: putting himself into danger for a mage. He burst forward and called out "Ruby!" as he pushed Ember out of the way just barely in time to avoid being cut in half himself, though the hair on his tail did get trimmed in the process as well.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #484 on: July 28, 2010, 09:15:33 PM »
Alistair cursed as he was deprived of his prized kill and wound up to counter the off-balance wolf boy. However, he heard a crackle and looked down, finding a lightning covered hand protruding through his chest with his heart in it. Lazaryos was breathing heavily as he reached up with his other hand and gripped the necromancer's neck, "Quite the little slip-up there, necromancer. And here I thought you never leave your guard down. Of all the things to use my reserve Majicka for, it had to be you." Lazaryos squeezed hard with both hands and, at the same time, snapped Alistair's neck and crushed his still-beating heart. The lightning faded from his hand and he forcefully wretched his hand out of Alistair's body, letting it fall limp into the sand. Lazaryos collapsed onto his knees and continued to pant heavily. He tried to get up, but ended up passing out onto the ground. Lazaryos wasn't dead, but he had spent enough Majicka in that day to be out cold for a full day.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #485 on: July 29, 2010, 12:05:23 AM »
Ember let out a grunt as she was pushed out of the way by Vosur and rolled across the sand. She quickly pushed herself up off the ground and turned towards where Alistair had been standing to see Lazaryos crush his heart and break his neck. She grabbed her staff of the ground from where it had been knocked away from her and walked over to Lazaryos who had passed out. She pulled him away from Alistair's body then laid him down, then she walked back over to Alistair's body and stood over. "You first..." She said in response to the last thing that Alistair had said. She picked up his heart and eyed it for a minute. "Huh. What do ya know? He had one after all and it wasn't black or made of ice." She chuckled slightly and dropped the heart. Setting the body on fire, she turned to look at the passed out Lazaryos and shook her head. "He really needs to stop doing that..." She said, talking about him passing out. She then turned towards Vosur and raised an eyebrow. "And you must be confused because my name is Ember. I don't know where you got Ruby from..."

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #486 on: July 29, 2010, 01:24:13 AM »
Chrono was rather amazed that such a sickly-looking body could keep up with two blades attacking from random angles, but then his attention was drawn to the scythe, a cursed weapon that was made of the same material as his father's eye, but for a completely different purpose. He thought it was best to just let it get buried in the sands, along with the now late owner of the scythe. The Mana is good enough power for me... he mused before hefting up Lazaryos and walking over to Ember. "Ember, would you be so kind as to lead, since I don't remember where our path is to go..."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:33:40 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #487 on: July 30, 2010, 03:20:29 AM »
"Sorry, you just remind me of someone." He spoke to the fire-mage as he got up and brushed himself off before pulling his tail around and seeing only hairs trimmed off the tip. He exhaled a sigh of relief as he let go of his tail and with his left hand, since he was still holding his sword-and-sheath set in his right hand, he scooped up some sand and wandered to the body of the necromancer to drop some sand onto it. "It was customary to sprinkle earth on warriors long ago, which led to the custom of burying those of the deceased... may you shuffle off the mortal coil more silently than those whose bodies you controlled." he spoke to the body before he speed-walked to catch up to the rest of the group.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #488 on: July 30, 2010, 02:25:59 PM »
Unbeknown to Ember, who was ahead, nor to the hefty Chrono, Lazaryos' tail dragged quite a bit with a little bit of extra weight. At the tip of his tail, there was the end of a purple pole that was slowly turning blue and a small spark forming on it and going into Lazaryos' fur. Also, the white topaz began to let off a small glow, but its light was covered by the hood of Lazaryos' robe.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #489 on: July 30, 2010, 03:28:02 PM »
Ember looked back at the fire that was still burning that was Alistair's body before she started to walk off in their northern direction. She didn't say anything as she walked along and just looked at the ground, surveying for sand pits. For some reason she still felt very angry and felt like Alistair was still around and lurking behind her like he always had been. She didn't understand why her anger wouldn't go away.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #490 on: August 01, 2010, 04:22:06 AM »
Chrono started to notice that it seemed difficult for his mind to simply space out and have another memory surface at random. Although it was rather nice for that change to occour, he couldn't help but wonder what happened during the desert that stopped his hallucinations. He was also having an easier time carrying Lazaryos than normal, which shouldn't happen since hes only went to sleep once, and for only a few hours. But he started to think it was better to not dwell on it until he could get one of the mages to examine his body, and Ember would probably slap him if he dared to mention it. "Vos, how did you manage to cross the desert alone... I havn't seen any canteens or food pouches on your person since you arrived."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #491 on: August 01, 2010, 04:45:08 AM »
He almost got his hand burned when he tried to put the sand on the burning body, which became glass almost on contact. "That was a waste of a funeral ceremony if there ever was one." he muttered before he was asked the question pertaining to his own survival. In reply, Vosur pulled his water-skin he filled at the oasis from off of an above-the-hip pouch on his back. "This should partially answer your question." he spoke as he took a sip from it, putting it back in and securing it in. "I'm usually on the move, so rigid items don't hold too well. Water-skins are easier to travel with. As for this trek in the desert... I found a lot of water-filled cacti and hunted various animals along the way. And speaking of which..." he started to speak before his own stomach growled at himself. "...it might be a good idea to set up camp somewhere."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #492 on: August 02, 2010, 01:43:38 AM »
Lazaryos groaned in his unconsciousness as the pole that's sticking out of the sand and to his tail continued to pour energy into him slowly. In his dream, he was met by Alistair. "What the hell are you doing here!? We already killed you!" Alistair's figure merely laughed its disgusting and sadistic laugh. "Hahaha! You really are stupid, for someone who delves so much into the ancient texts. I am very much dead. However, I am speaking to you through my Majicka. After your body has fully assimilated it, I will cease to exist, but for now, I can savor a last fancy at torturing you." Alistair swung the scythe at Lazaryos, who blocked with his staff. "What do you mean!? Why would I even be absorbing your Majicka!? I neither have the ability, nor the eye of those (censored) dragons! I-..." Suddenly, it finally dawned on Lazaryos. "Oh (censored) me!" Alistair let out one last maniacal laugh as his figure and the scythe vanished into smoke and rushed right into Lazaryos' body, "So the kitten finally understands! That's right, tiger boy... You're the new owner, whether you like it or not. Next time, make sure you tuck in your tail before you pass out."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #493 on: August 02, 2010, 03:47:38 PM »
It wasn't like there was anywhere to find shelter in the desert so Ember's idea of setting up camp after listening to the other two was stopping, turning towards the other two and sitting down on the sand. "Here we are. Camp." She said, pulling off her bag and setting it beside her along with her staff. She looked up at Lazaryos' passed out form in the darkness seeing as how he had groaned only a minute before. She wondered what his problem was but figured it was just the pain of using up so much majicka. She unattached her sleeping mat from her bag then moved onto her knees and rolled it out before sitting on it.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #494 on: August 02, 2010, 07:07:46 PM »
Chrono set Lazaryos' body down, and noticed his tail was partially immersed in the sand. He started yanking on it and felt something tug back. He kept pulling until a black handle came out of the sand, apparently attached to his tail. He tried holding in his laughter at the situation, but in moments he hit the desert sand and roared before getting back up and looking at the handle. "Ember, our lightning mage just inherited Alistair's will..." was all he could manage after his fit of laughter before moving away from Lazaryos to make a small dent for where he would sleep.