The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66845 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #555 on: August 24, 2010, 10:26:45 AM »
It didn't take much to wake him, he was naturally a light sleeper when Lazaryos had woke him from his spot. When he did wake up, his shades were on the very tip of his nose and his red-colored eyes darted about to get a quick-bearing on the situation. The small flame-flicker told him that the fire-mage was aware, or that she used her Majicka in her sleep... but even from what he was told from his beloved Ruby during the time that they spent together: that case that individuals would spend Majicka in their sleep was rather rare. He quietly got up and made his way to the priest first, testing to see if he would wake with a touch and then going to a light shaking. When neither of those would work, he would try getting close to him and whispering "Hey, if you're coming, lets go.". When all failed to wake him, he made sure that he was breathing, his ear only close enough to hear it before he shrugged and went to Chrono. It didn't take much for him to wake him, almost even being accidental in nature as he had lightly pushed him to do so. "Hey, we need to start getting a move-on... but the priest is still out cold." he very quietly spoke to Chrono, trying to make as little noise as possible. "I don't want to leave him behind, but I can't carry him. I know he's too big for me to do anything about without some serious problems. I could carry that cross of his, but it would be the most unwieldy weapon I've ever held."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #556 on: August 25, 2010, 12:24:17 AM »
Lazaryos helped some of the others before taking the lead. "Have Chrono carry that child. Now let's make haste." He made a quick but quiet pace. Lazaryos was on high alert and he couldn't help but hear more and more footsteps catching up all around them. His eyes darted left and right and everywhere in between, trying to catch sight of anything or anyone within the trees or around the sand.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #557 on: August 25, 2010, 01:17:11 AM »
Ember got up from her spot on the ground and slung her bag over her shoulders. She followed Lazaryos in silence. She glanced around at their surroundings, checking for the people who were coming after them. At that point she just needed to focus on being alert enough to defend herself if their followers attacked which they most likely would since they wouldn't be following them for any other reason. The twigs and leaves in her hair would have to wait until they were in the clear before they were removed.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #558 on: August 25, 2010, 01:24:24 AM »
Chrono slowly got his face out of the sand as he nodded to Vosur's suggestion, and made his way over to the possible-cleric. He sheathed his sword, then lifted up the cross while flopping the man on his shoulder, then started to realize how much of a pack-mule he became. It really bites to be the only normal that has physical strength, and all I get for it is being treated like a child by a fat tiger mage even though its his furry butt I'm usually carrying!! During his inwardly seething, his grip on the cross-carrier was tightening with anger, almost on the verge of clawing him.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #559 on: August 25, 2010, 01:53:00 AM »
Dante just remained asleep, even after Vosur had poked him, shook him and whispered in his ear. Even Chrono picking him up and crushing him out of inner anger didn't wake him up. If he could feel pain he would have definitely felt that. Unfortunately the only thing that would wake him was noise, but even then he hadn't slept in days so he was deep asleep and a normal noise wouldn't do it. Maybe some yelling would get him up, but in their current situation they couldn't exactly yell. So Chrono would have to bear the weight a while longer, or at least until some fighting started.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #560 on: August 25, 2010, 07:27:26 AM »
He almost wanted to snatch the cross away from Chrono to carry his own share of the suggestion he made himself, but he decided to be at his best when and if they should be attacked while on the move. As soon as they were to a tree line again, he went ahead and ascended the boughs of the first stable tree he came to, using his vantage point to scout around for tale-tell signs of pursuers and ambush points in their path.  He could see movement from behind the group, but no details other than motion of at least a small group following them. And to where they were going, he could see viable ambush points along the way but he could not tell which ones were the ones that their pursuers were using or not using during that time. Dropping down again, this time making sure he didn't land on anyone in the group as they were moving with haste through the area. "Looks like we'll have a fight on our hands no matter what." he muttered as he unbelted his sword, readying himself mentally to attack at a moment's notice.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #561 on: August 25, 2010, 03:26:37 PM »
Lazaryos drew the scythe and it extended its blade with lightning. "I'm afraid you're correct, young one." No sooner did he speak, did a large number of Guild members descend upon the group from the trees on the right and rise up from the sands on their left. Lazaryos broke to the right, into the trees, and in one fell swoop, fell ten trees, hitting half of the descending attackers in midair, knocking some of them off balance.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #562 on: August 26, 2010, 12:03:24 AM »
Ember looked to her left at the Guild members rising up from the sand. She readied her staff and turned towards them. She shot fireballs at the attackers as they started to come at her. Quickly, while they were distracted by the fireballs, she made a couple fire-boomerangs and threw them at the attackers as well. About five of them were taken out by the fireballs and some others were cut and burned by the fire-boomerangs.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #563 on: August 26, 2010, 01:49:08 AM »
Chrono growled then got into a rather improvised staff-based stance as he was realizing he had to rely on his parry arm to fight and block the bandits. Luckily, he was being attacked with numbers rather than skill which was where most of his experience derived from. He started spinning the 'cross' and started whacking bandits from almost all directions and still keeping the cleric on his shoulder.

"Wake up before I start swinging you around!!" He yelled before nailing one bandit square on the nose.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #564 on: August 26, 2010, 05:16:05 AM »
Dante's eyes shot open when Chrono yelled, mainly because it was right in his ear. It was then he noticed he was being carried. "Oh...Wher-" He stopped, seeing a couple people coming up behind Chrono. So Dante rolled over his shoulder and in the process of falling to the ground he drop kicked one of the approaching guild members. Getting up to face two more he readied for the fight. "Please, just leave. I don't want to have to hurt you." The two looked at each other then charged Dante with their swords. He side stepped one and grabbed the other one's sword hand. He gave him a quick jab to the windpipe cutting off his oxygen supply and twisting his wrist almost breaking it until he dropped his sword. He let him go and he fell to the ground as he turned to meet the other man's downward swing with his hands. With a quick clapping of his hands Dante caught the man's attack. The man was shocked to see someone block a sword with his bare hands, which allowed Dante to twist the blade from his hands. Again he delivered a jab to the windpipe dropping the man. He turned around only to get an arrow in his left shoulder. Dante paused to look at it. "Damnit...Now look what you did." He yanked the arrow out without so much as flinching and dropped it to the ground. He ran towards the archer and two more people ran into his path, one with a wooden shield. Dante was a bit angry that he had been shot, so he pulled his right arm back to get a good hit in on the guy with the shield, who was now blocking. His muscles in his right arm bulged as his fist met the shield and it cracked in half. "Damn...That's gonna heal funny..." The man fell to the ground from the force of the hit while his stunned partner took a swing at Dante. Dante grabbed the man's sword arm, getting it under his own arm allowing him to break it. While still holding him close with his broken arm Dante started headbutting him. After three hits the man collapsed, forcing Dante to let go. The archer had already shot Dante again in the leg, which he didn't even notice. Dante walked over to the archer who was stringing up another shot, but before he could he was in front of him. He took his bow, snapped it and headbutted him. The archer stumbled back, getting another headbutt, and another until he tripped. With the arrow still stuck in his leg, blood trickling down his face from his head, bleeding hands, limited use of his left arm, battered and bloody right arm and a hole in his shoulder he turned to face five more guild members. Dante was bleeding from all over, but that didn't stop him from cracking his knuckles getting ready for another fight. He didn't even notice he was so messed up.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #565 on: August 26, 2010, 10:06:32 AM »
He started his own fighting off by making a dash toward a group of slightly-larger Guild members, quickly doing a dive-and-slide to slip under one of them and using his sword-and-sheath to intentionally trip the one he slipped under before he turned around to the backs of his attackers. "Welcome to the world of the conscious, Padre!" he called out as he saw Dante start fighting on his own, resuming his own fight as soon as he disabled the ones he missed by performing an unsheathe-and-strike to one of them across the chest followed by a sword-block with the sheath and an across-the-chest slash with the sword to the other one. Vosur didn't let the one he tripped go to far before he resheathed his sword to throw one of the plain-metal cards at the one that tried to get up. The card hit its mark between the Guild member's helmet and back-plate on the spinal cord, severing any capability for movement. He turned around just in time to get his cheek nicked by an arrow, noticing a few more coming his way from a group of archers. One of them held up a fire-lit arrow as the entire group fired their arrows, the fire-tipped one being a distraction while the rest were intended for the kill. It would have worked if he had not noticed the shine off of the arrow-heads, knocking away most of them with his sword and sheath separated, but getting one regular arrow grazing his other cheek in the process. In retaliation, he threw up his sword for a moment and snatched two cards out, giving them an impromptu-aim before he threw them at the source of the arrows. Hearing two screams in the general vicinity of where he aimed, he caught his sword by the hilt and decided to pursue after his attackers. He knew he did not get all of them with the cards he threw, but he did manage to wound two of them.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #566 on: August 26, 2010, 01:34:15 PM »
Lazaryos tried to push forward, but the crowd was getting thicker and thicker. His anger increased, so the next unlucky one in front of him took a straight-down strike from the scythe. As the weapon drove into the ground, a lightning net formed around him and temporarily paralyzed those around him. Interesting... "Let's go, everyone! The longer we fight, the more likely we'll die!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #567 on: August 26, 2010, 03:17:43 PM »
Ember continued her attacks on the Guild members she was facing. At one point, she actually elbowed one in the face that had tried to attack her from behind without even looking in their direction. She set a few of the Guild members on fire with her flamethrower move before Lazaryos called out that they should get going. She turned on her heel and followed after Lazaryos. Unfortunately that left her open for attack and she received an arrow in her left shoulder. She turned her head to look back at the archer and sent a fireball at him, knocking him back and burning his bow & arrows to ash. She turned her head forward again as she continued after Lazaryos.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #568 on: August 26, 2010, 10:58:27 PM »
Chrono felt the man get off his body, so hh then could finally use both hands to fight off the bandits. His swings grew almost three times as wide as he was forcing the bandits around him to back up and try to anticipate his swings. Chrono at this time had seen the cleric stand there covered in wounds yet still ready to fight.

"Monk boy, think fast!" Chrono yelled before throwing the staff over the crowd and right towards him. That apparently triggered as a 'break' to the bandits as they rushed him in reckless abandon. Most of them stopped however, when two bandits lost their heads and the ones to the left and right of Chrono had flinched away from the blades that cleaved the two.

"This is the part, where you run away..." he growled with bloodlust dripping from every word. Most of them scattered just as he advised yet left only a few that had taken up novice stances. Chrono smirked before turning towards them and taking them both on at once, and both dying at the same time from almost identical wounds to the chest.

The bloodlust was short-lived however, when arrows started to bounce off his armor and onto the ground. He made his way over to the monk, cutting down those who futily attempted to attack him, and tapped him on the shoulder before motioning back to the group.

"The fun is over, they've started bringing the archers..."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 09:52:34 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #569 on: August 26, 2010, 11:48:55 PM »
Before Dante went towards his enemies Chrono had tossed his cross over. He caught it with both hands and impaled it into the ground. He was about to go at the enemies when Lazaryos told everyone to go. He picked his cross back up and put it on his back and went over to him. "Ready when you are." As he said that another guild member came up behind him, so he turned and jabbed him in the windpipe. But not before blocking a dagger with his hand. Once he fell he yanked the dagger out and dropped it to the floor.