The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66844 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #570 on: August 27, 2010, 05:22:17 AM »
He cut down the remaining archers in a wide and fast arc, going for the bows to disable them. The ones closest to himself received superficial chest wounds as they were knocked away, and the rest only received minor cuts as he did not stay long enough for the second wave to get a good aim at him. Turning to follow after the rest of his group, Vosur separated his sword and sheath to knock away any arrows that got within his reach, sprinting away from the archers and into the trees for cover as another barrage of arrows embedded into the trees. "Heh, can't even hit the broadside of a barn." he muttered as he kept the run to start to catch up with the others. "We've got a couple more possible ambush points ahead. Be on your toes." he spoke to the rest of the group as he resheathed his blade and slowed down to match their speed to prevent himself from going too far ahead of them.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #571 on: August 29, 2010, 12:42:19 AM »
Lazaryos made a break for it, swinging the scythe to clear the way a bit. "Come on! Hurry up!" Lazaryos led the group as they ran on, but the crowd grew larger and larger, and grew more and more skilled. It finally got to the point where Lazaryos was just barely able to back the crowd up, unable to kill anyone. "Bugger off!" Finally, a net was cast from under the ground and ensnared Lazaryos, as well as the rest of the group.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #572 on: August 29, 2010, 08:11:42 PM »
Ember was hurrying along after Lazaryos, fending off any attacks that came at her. She didn't even remember that there was an arrow in her left shoulder. When they weren't able to run anymore, she stood slightly behind and to the right of Lazaryos, readying herself to fight more. For once she wasn't expecting what happened next and the net caught her off-guard. She growled under her breath after they were caught, obviously irritated.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #573 on: August 30, 2010, 01:04:27 AM »
Chrono had lead the monk towards the group, then turned around to cut down the last of the fodder before the net decended over him. He grabbed at the net when it caught him, and tried to get a foot-hold on the threading. Sadly, his right foot slipped and he was now laying on his side as his leg dangled underneath. "You know, I was hoping for some originality, not the same 'underground net' trap!!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #574 on: August 30, 2010, 02:19:36 AM »
When Dante was ensnared with the others he simply groaned. "Not again..." It was then he noticed he had an arrow sticking out of his legs still. "Where'd that come from?" He wormed his way about in the net to try and grab it but to know avail. It was too far from his grasp, maybe one of the others he was stuck with could just yank it out. But he wasn't really going to ask them, it's not like he felt it anyway. Dante sat back and didn't bother resisting, it would have been futile. Though maybe the wolf-boy could slowly cut his way through the ropes. Or that gargoyle girl could just light it on fire. Maybe they already were, having their own little plan. Wait until the bad guys get close, slowly cut your way out and just before we're free they would be hit from both the girl and tiger allowing them all to escape. "Like that'd happen..."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #575 on: August 30, 2010, 04:13:53 AM »
Vosur would've almost cleared the trap if it weren't for either his slowing down to match the rest of the group or if the trap were a bit smaller due to his last-second attempt to try to leap over something that caught his attention. But because the surprise-catch the net had, which caught and tangled up around his ankle, it dislocated it and the pain made him drop his sword-and-sheath in the process. The weapon fell and stabbed tip-first into the soft sand upon impact right below himself. "Grah... this isn't good. I told you to keep your eyes peeled." he almost growled, the growling caused from the way the net had pulled his ankle out of place. He struggled for a little bit, trying to reach up to untangle his foot from the netting. "Man, they do know on how to make strong traps." he tried to joke through his pain, obviously having a tough time trying to undo the ropes, but the position and the pain hindering his concentration.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #576 on: August 30, 2010, 11:56:19 PM »
A senile chuckle came from within the trees as a silver fox in an orange robe emerged from behind a fallen tree. "Heh heh heh heh... It's no use trying to break out of those right now. With my constant connection to the nets to my Majicka, they are unbreakable. So... you were the ones that sprung the trap at the small oasis we set up outside the mouth of the Grand. Interesting..." "Stop playing with them and bring them in." A large, white tiger dressed in iron-clad armour emerged from behind the mage. "Oh ho ho... look who we have here, trespassing in my territory without paying a fee. The famed Lazaryos, The Lightning (censored). I never thought you would be participating in the quest for the Mana." Lazaryos growled at the white tiger, "'Iron-hide' Kratos, leader of the Thieves Guild. I see your body is still as bulky and thick as that skull of yours. What do you want with us?" Kratos laughed aloud as he signaled all the other surrounding Guild members grab the nets and disarmed those who could be and dragged them all into the heart of the forest. "Isn't it obvious? You're about to be executed for trespassing and killing 59 of my men. But before we do that, I believe your friend over there is the son of my guest of honor. We will execute you as a tribute to their donations to our Guild on top of paying for passage in full right as they got here." Lazaryos growled as they were dragged on, him by the scythe, the net particularly more crushing on him to prevent him from retaliating. The earth Mage ran up alongside Kratos and whispered into the his ear, "Sir, are you sure? He is your brother after all..."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #577 on: August 31, 2010, 01:15:08 AM »
Ember was kind of irritated by the idle chatter going on. She actually felt relieved when the talking stopped and they started dragging them off, although she tried very hard to keep them from taking her staff away. She stubbornly sat down in the net and then laid down on her back. At least she'd have some satisfaction that being dead-weight would hinder the person pulling her even a tiny bit. She started humming as she laid there, thinking it would be fun to show them that she wasn't worried about what they were saying they were going to do to them.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #578 on: August 31, 2010, 02:29:38 AM »
Chrono was still the entire time, his right foot dragging out of the net, and practically making a trail back to where they got captured if the bandits hadn't already made sure to rub it away every half-minute. All he could do was think of how to get out, knowing his eye would only work if he could just touch the one who was giving the rope its supply of majicka. "The fee I can understand, but the killing could have been prevented since we didn't want trouble to begin with..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #579 on: August 31, 2010, 03:12:52 AM »
Dante was a bit annoyed at the whole situation, though mainly at the fact there was an arrow still in his leg that he couldn't get. Though he was amused at the three people who carried his cross. It was only two that actually carried it, but the first one thought he could and he couldn't even get it off the ground. "Come on, it's not that heavy, If I can do it so can you! Don't give up!" "Would you keep quiet?!" said the one dragging him in his net. "Oh, hey, now that I have your attention, think you can grab that arrow sticking in my leg? It's buggin' me." "Shut up!" "C'mon, be a sport! Technically I didn't even kill any of you, you guys were just weak enough to collapse with a few hits." The guy dragging Dante stopped and turned to him. "Hey! Since you're in my direction, how 'bout that arrow?" The man grabbed the arrow and shoved it in deeper then twisted it. Dante didn't even flinch. "Hey...That's not very nice, Nor was it what I asked. Stop messin' around, just take it out." The man punched Dante in the face and continued dragging him along. "Sheesh...Tough crowd..."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #580 on: August 31, 2010, 06:45:12 AM »
The way they were cut down managed to give Vosur enough cover to sneak one of his cards into the wrist portion of his gauntlet before they took the rest of his cards, now being dragged along by his ankle on his back from the way the net caught him. He glared up at the silver fox that would almost scream "I'm going to kill you." if his incessant growling wasn't saying this for him. During the whole time that they were being dragged along, he would reach up and make it look like he was trying to lessen the pain on his ankle, every now and then reaching up and trying to loosen the netting around his ankle, but ending up in having to grab the ropes to just keep himself from ripping his ankle completely out of socket. "That silver-fox is going to pay..." he muttered under his breath, his growls deepening every time that they were scooted along the sand. During the whole time of their movement, his eyes never strayed away from the silver fox mage, apparently having a past with him as he couldn't stay his eyes away from him long.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #581 on: August 31, 2010, 02:59:44 PM »
Kratos merely scoffed at Chrono's statement, "Trespassing into our territory warrants death, that is our law. Your father did say that you were ignorant and dense. Now I see that he meant that literally." Lazaryos struggled to move the scythe, but being dragged by the two by the weapon made it hard to pull it down to use, aside from the net tightening every time he tried to move. As they all neared the heart of the territory, the trees cleared instantly to reveal a bustling village the size of a large city, hidden from the outside. Everyone within the village were just as Lazaryos had always envisioned every member of the Guild would be like. Even though many were having a good time eating and drinking, every single persona was armed, and many seemed to be hardened veterans of the battlefield. They all neared an open plaza that seemed to be the site of all their executions. Many tables were set up around the assembly area, filled with food and also filled with people. And there, in the center tables, with the best view of the execution grounds, sat the Tri'Malis clan, Chrono's father sitting at the very center. Six people took a firm hold on Lazaryos before the net loosened and they hung him by the wrists off of one of the tree branches. Chrono was then hung next to Lazaryos in the same manner after they stripped him of his upper-body armour. Chrono's father sat there and watched the spectacle, not saying a word, but rather just gave a dark and cruel smile, enjoying seeing the prelude to his own son's death.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #582 on: August 31, 2010, 04:22:19 PM »
Ember became annoyed by Dante talking so much and trying to get the one dragging him to remove the arrow. "Would you just shut up already!" She finally snapped at him, adding herself to the 'tough crowd' he had mentioned. "Why would one of these buffoons do you a kindness anyway? It's not their job to do anything kind. They're ruthless, just the way I like most people." When they reached the city, she looked around at all the people gathered for the executions. She watched as they hung up Lazaryos and then Chrono before glancing over to where the Tri'Malis clan was seated, seeing the cruel smile on the face of who she assumed was Chrono's father since he was seated in the middle of the table.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #583 on: September 01, 2010, 03:32:50 PM »
Chrono looked at his father with a cold face, then glanced over to Lazaryos. He was tired, annoyed, and frustrated to the point where his body just stopped showing emotion to save whatever energy was left.

"I would like to say 'I hate you', but theres so many things to hate at right now that I just don't care." He then looked back, and started to 'push' himself back and forth as he made the situation less boring, to himself at least.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #584 on: September 01, 2010, 06:07:35 PM »
Dante smirked when Ember had shouted at him, he thought she was pretty cute when angry. (Don't hate, Shinzuu!) When they were taken inside the hideout he just looked around at all the sights. One in particular though, Chrono had given the other dragon a cold stare as if he were angry with him. Maybe there was something between them he thought, but he didn't pay it much mind when Lazaryos was strung up. "Geez...This is turning South fast...I should have never followed these guys. They took me right back to these [censored]...Well...I got out once, I can do it again...I hope..."
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 11:22:58 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy, Reason: Foul language »