The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66843 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #585 on: September 01, 2010, 11:07:50 PM »
After a while, he looked to Dante as he tried to divert his own mind away from the pain of his ankle and also from his new 'target'. "Since we may be in a heap of trouble, might as well try to make some things right." he sighed out as he gave a few swipes with his hand to the arrow, eventually catching it and pulling it out. "These men apparently have no respect for clergy..." he muttered as he stabbed the arrow into the ground to use for a brace to try to push his ankle back in, but the arrow broke from the tug. Vosur looked towards the one that was  carrying most of the equipment that they retrieved from the group, the guild member having pulled one of the cards out and examining it, accidentally cutting himself on the edge of one of them. "Nuts, that didn't work. Well, looks like plan-b will need to kick in soon. Hope you're ready..." he spoke quietly to the others, his eyes going back to the silver fox again and waiting for the right moment to strike again.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #586 on: September 02, 2010, 01:16:24 AM »
Lazaryos chuckled cynically at Chrono's comment, "You have no idea what danger we're in, boy. Kratos is the full reason why the Thieves Guild became very notorious. He's a sadistic bugger who enjoys torturing his captives as much as he loves disemboweling them while keeping them alive as long as possible. We wouldn't be lucky enough for a quick death. If you want to make yourself useful, how about finding a way to unbind my hand? I don't care which one, but I need it loose to get a hold of the scythe. I just hope we can make it to the others and high-tail it out of here before they catch up to us." Dammit! Knowing Kratos, he probably already set up a border. Bloody Hell. To be here among even his strongest underlings really puts us at such a disadvantage, too. (CENSORED)!!! Lazaryos surveyed the area, and what possible escape routes were open, and which direction was north. The area was thick beyond the tree line and the sky was completely closed off from the tree tops. Double and Triple (censored)....

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #587 on: September 02, 2010, 02:04:53 AM »
Ember looked around casually like nothing bad was going to happen to any of them and they were just on a friendly visit. She rolled onto her stomach and rested her chin on her arms as she watched Lazaryos converse with Chrono. As she laid there, she casually pressed the palms of her hands flat against the workings of the net. She knew that her staff just helped amplify her power and that she didn't exactly need to to perform her magic, so she started heating the net with her power.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #588 on: September 02, 2010, 02:10:27 PM »
Chrono may not have been able to move much, but since his legs were no longer tied up by the net, he swung his leg and hit Lazaryos right in the gut.

"Sure, while I spend the last of my moments cutting your bindings as they fill me with arrows, you fall down and get jumped by six others as they break your arms and slit your throat. No thanks, I may be ignorant, but I know what can kill me."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #589 on: September 02, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »
While Dante was relaxing, waiting for this big plan of escape to roll around he had started to notice his own injuries and that they were great in number. When he blinked once his vision became blurred until he blinked again, he knew he had lost a bit of blood and now even without feeling anything his body had taken a serious beating. If they didn't get out of this mess to allow him to heal himself he would likely just bleed out slowly. "Damnit...I got messed up again...*Sigh*...Even the other have a few injuries, the least I can do for them getting me into this mess is heal them. Might have to use my healing field...Just need my cross..."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #590 on: September 03, 2010, 08:22:10 PM »
Waiting for the right time, he pulled out the card from inside of his gauntlet and looked towards the silver fox mage as he prepared to take aim at him. Even with a fair amount of distance between them, he could still hit him as he was closer to the group than the one holding most of their gear. Making his decision with little time to spare, Vosur waited until the silver fox looked away from the group for a split-second to talk to one of the other guild members and threw his only card when the time was right. The card hit the mage deep into his diaphragm and made him fall onto his back. Because now the mage was currently disabled, but not dead, Vosur could pull his ankle out of the netting to make an attempt for the one holding the rest of the gear, though he didn't have enough time to push his ankle back into place as already he received the attention of the guild members. "Hurry up and get out of those nets slowpokes!" he called out as he had to rely on his gauntlets for blocking overhead strikes and a few basic punches to knock away a few of the oncoming guild members. "Dying for a bunch of mages... who would've thought..." he muttered to himself as he kept with trying to be evasive and yet making headway to their gear.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #591 on: September 04, 2010, 11:48:05 AM »
Lazaryos grunted as he was kicked and let out a low growl, "Ya bloody egg-head!" Lazaryos swung back and used the momentum (mainly his weight) and belly-slammed Chrono hard, sending him up to the top of the branch. The onlookers merely laughed, and didn't notice where Chrono was about to land as Vosur kicked up some commotion not too far away from where he was hanging. Hurry this up, you bloody hatchling.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #592 on: September 04, 2010, 08:06:34 PM »
Ember escaped her net and looked around for her first target. She did a high, spinning kick, catching a Guild member who was coming at her in the throat with the back on her ankle and bringing them down to the ground in one smooth motion. She kept her foot pressed against the bear's throat firmly as she crouched down and looked him in the eye. "Do you like the smell of meat cooking?" She asked with a malicious grin as she rested her hand against his chest over his shirt. "I do..." She waited until a look of realization reached the bear's eyes and then released her magic, setting him on fire. She moved on after that, casting spells of fire at anyone who came at her as she followed behind Vosur who was heading for the one who held their equipment.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #593 on: September 04, 2010, 09:08:45 PM »
Chrono tried to keep himself from laughing as the mage knocked him onto the branch. "Your gut is good for something after-all!" he almost yelled as he grabbed Lazaryos' rope, and wedged his talon into it. He singled out a strand and cut it, then repeated until he was held up by a single strand. He then raked apart the rope that was binding his hands before nudging the rope holding Lazaryos. He however, did not calculate how the possibly overweight mage would land and fell out of the tree when he felt it shake underneath him...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #594 on: September 05, 2010, 05:58:10 AM »
Dante wasn't really paying attention to what was going on, trying to keep from passing out. He did however pay attention when he abruptly fell to the ground in his net. He took the net from around him and yanked the arrow out finally. Though it had started to clot so it basically opened a fresh wound which bled more. He looked to the mage that had been keeping the nets magically bound, noting he wasn't dead just disabled, it made him a bit more happy. Dante didn't like killing people let alone hurting them. During his trip he did his best to avoid people in general knowing they would pick a fight. He saw Vosur doing his best to avoid and block the guild members so he ran at the one who was carrying the others' weapons and quickly relieved them from him. With the weapons secured under his arms he jumped back from one of the guild members who came to assist his comrade. He turned and tossed Vosur his sheathed sword. "Heads up, wolf-man!" Then tossed Ember her staff. "Here's yours!" . He was about to toss Chrono his sword when he had to use it to deflect someone elses sword. He ran on towards Chrono and tossed him his weapons which stuck in the ground near him. Once done he turned to look for his cross, which was now being wielded by a much larger heavier set guild member. "Woah, big boy...Uhm, excuse me." The big guy pointed to himself with a confused look on his face as he held the cross in his hand. "Yes you, would you be so kind as to return my cross there." He then pointed to the cross in his hand with his other. "Yes, that. My cross." The big guy shook his head "No". "Then you leave me no choice, I'll just have to take it from you. Sorry in advance." The guy came at him with an over swing. "WAIT WAIT WAIT!" The guy stopped the cross just inches from Dante's head. "Hold up, just a sec." He knelt down and squeezed his hands together which made them glow a pale green. "Sorry, my leg is just bleeding all over the place, it's buggin' me. You know how it is." He started moving his hands around the wound which made it close up. He then gave it a pat and stood back up. "Okay, you may continue." The guy took the cross back for another swing which Dante dodged and countered with a few jabs to his ribs. He was aiming for pressure point in his quick strikes as he fought for his cross.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:15:16 PM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #595 on: September 05, 2010, 06:49:10 AM »
He caught his sword-and-sheath set and spun it around like it was a baton to start using the hilt as a bludgeon against some of the ones closer to himself. "Thanks Padre!" he called out as he tried to continue the rest of the way to the one that carried their gear, now going after his cards. His leg-movement slowed quite a bit now that he had his weapons, but it wasn't due to the weight... he was no longer trying to be reliant on evasive maneuvers to progress his way to his goal, now able to block more effectively with the sword and sheath while slashing-at  and knocking-aside guild members that got in his way. When he finally got to the one that held most of their gear, who was unconscious from Dante's attack, Vosur resheathed his sword and then knelt down to gather the rest of his cards, slipping all except one of them into their appropriate pouches and secured the pouches to prevent them falling. The one he kept in his hand was at the ready as he turned around to see an arrow knick the right side of his cheek right above where the last cut was, instinctively throwing the card in the direction in which the arrow came from. After having the card leave his hand, he grabbed hold of the hilt of his sword again to ready for another barrage. The archer that fired the arrow fell over from the card's hit to his chest, which all the rest of the archers lowered their bows and backed away. "Pfft... already causing fear in these guys. And they had the home advantage." he grumbled as he started his way towards the silver fox mage, his grip around the hilt and sheath with both hands tightening as he slowly got closer.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #596 on: September 05, 2010, 11:12:20 AM »
Even though the ones guarding the weapons and the prisoners became afraid, the others around the assembly area were not in the least. All the more skilled ones began to show up for the fight. Lazaryos actually landed on top of two of the new pursuers, since everyone was more distracted by the small group that broke free. Many bones inside those members gave a loud crack at impact, one of the cracks being the neck of the 2nd guy. Lazaryos loosened the knots around his wrists with his teeth and grabbed the scythe, "Stay still, hatchling!" Lazaryos took one fell swing, and sent a lightning cutter at an angle towards Chrono that cut both the rope and the branch between Chrono's legs. The cutter faded just before hitting Chrono's crotch. Lazaryos then dashed over to help the others. As the more skilled began piling up, he ran the scythe into the ground and formed another net, paralyzing a few within the net's range. "Ember! Fire over here!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #597 on: September 05, 2010, 04:25:29 PM »
Ember caught her staff without turning around when it was tossed to her. She continued a barrage of attacks at anyone who came close to her. She didn't show any mercy to the Guild members. It wasn't like they were going to show them any so there was no point in her doing them a kindness. Upon hearing her name, her head snapped up in that direction. She moved towards the few that had just been paralyzed and sent a jet of fire at them, setting them all ablaze.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #598 on: September 06, 2010, 01:31:10 AM »
Chrono sat there for a few moments as he saw the cutter swing at him, but recovered as He saw his father finally get up and motion to the mages that he brought with him. He got back on his feet, scooped up his sword, and made an attempt to take on his father. However, he was stopped as a rather skilled bandit cut him off and tried to behead him at first swing. Chrono pulled out his sword and swung out, knocking away the offending blade. He then kicked the swordsman in the gut, following up with a cut through the center of his head while the bandit had doubled-over. He grabbed the bandit's sword, and grinned as he could tell it was of better quality than both blades he had used.

He was pulled out of his momentary happiness as his father futily tried to take control of him, only amounting to a throbbing headache as his eye was still considered 'faulty'.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #599 on: September 06, 2010, 06:02:53 AM »
Dante continued his fight with the big guy, hitting him in pressure points which soon led him to collapse. He also saw Ember torching several of the guild members. "What are you doing?! Why are you killing them!? Stop, please!" He grabbed his cross from the unconscious man and made his way to Ember knocking out a few on the way. "Just because they want to kill you doesn't give you the right to kill them!" "I probably shouldn't be preaching right now...But...This is hard."