The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66841 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #600 on: September 06, 2010, 08:08:22 AM »
He gradually made his way to the silver fox mage, his steps rather limp as he was going through agony just to walk. Every once in a while, he had to block an attacking guild-member with his sheath and using his sword to make a few disabling strikes to the arms and legs as he didn't want to waste effort in having to kill them. He had no animosity against the ones who were getting in his way, but still they were trying to impede his progress. When he finally made his way to the silver fox, he sheathed his sword and knelt down to see that he was still breathing, albeit shallowed and struggling to get air. "You're not long from this mortal coil, eh? After these two years of torment, I've finally got you backed into a corner. You were the one who killed my beloved... my Ruby." he spoke to the silver fox before he got up and unsheathed his sword to point it right at the face of his target. "I could make you suffer as I did two years ago, I want you to remember my name as you leave this mortal plain of existence. I have been called 'wolf-boy', 'pup', even a fitting mercenary name 'Knave of Blades'... but the name I was born with is Vosur Aekira." he spoke with very evil smile on his face as his shades lowered while he looked his prey in the eyes.

"You made me this way, I survived the pit-ant's trap you so willing put me into. It's venom forever changed hair, tail, and even the eyes you're staring into. Remember my name and face well as you breathe your last breath, I'll be sure to get your CO as well." Vosur grinned as the silver fox's fight to live was further hindered by the rush of memories from the words spoken to him, the card embedded into his diaphragm was shifting about and causing more damage with each gasp for air. "Good, so you do remember... that'll make my job of being the Ferry-man to your afterlife a lot more pleasant. Don't worry, you'll have a friend soon enough." he spoke before he turned away from the silver fox and slowly wandered away from him to carry on the battle to assist the others in the fight.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:14:53 AM by Vosur »

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #601 on: September 06, 2010, 11:43:44 PM »
Kratos stepped up in front of Chrono and swung a heavy halberd, knocking Chrono back, hitting the tree he had previously been hanging from. Kratos rushed Chrono, and with one mighty forearm, pinned Chrono against the tree by the neck. He then signaled his underlings, "Alpha group! Take our guests out of here and to their destination!" Lazaryos make a quick b-line over towards Chrono right after Ember fried the Guild members he had trapped. He growled at Dante as he ran over to Chrono, "It's bloody over 1,000 versus 5! If we don't kill them, they kill us!" Lazaryos used his momentum and tackled Kratos off of Chrono. Before even saying anything, the scythe jerked Lazaryos' arm in time to block a quick counter from Kratos. "I see you've gotten a little better... Itooto (little brother)." "You always were quite the meat head, Oniichan (Big Brother)."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #602 on: September 07, 2010, 01:22:47 AM »
Ember held up her hand with her palm facing Dante as she looked over at him. "Save it." She said in an intense tone then lowered her hand and went back to fighting. "Better them than me." As she fought she heard the exchange between Lazaryos and Kratos but didn't let it concern her. There were more important things for her to be paying attention to at the moment, like staying alive. She paid attention to what was happening with the others just in case she would need to help them at any point.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #603 on: September 08, 2010, 12:42:46 AM »
Chrono rubbed his neck, while lightly coughing, before getting up and getting side-tracked by two more bandits. They were realitivly easy to hold off now that he had two swords, but he would have to focus on one of them in order to kill or at least cripple them. The result, he was getting nowhere fast, and the bandits were apparently giving all that they had to break his guard.

"Seriously, just stop with your two-prong attack and just die, your style is boring me!!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #604 on: September 08, 2010, 06:25:27 AM »
Dante practically huffed like a girl not getting her way when Ember said what she did. "If they won't stop killing, I'll have to take down the opposition before they can...At least then they can't kill more people...I get the feeling hanging around this group is going to be difficult to handle..." He went after the others' targets, particularly Ember's. Vosur seemed to be controlling himself, Lazaryos just occasionally threw out a paralyzing net of electricity and Chrono seemed to be too occupied with the apparent leader. He tried particularly hard to take care of her enemies his way before she could.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 04:50:55 PM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #605 on: September 08, 2010, 08:58:09 AM »
His movements became more limped with each step, his ankle almost buckling away from the severe pain of continuously being dislocated, but he had not the time to set it back in as the battle ensued. Some of the sword-wielding members of the guild sought to take opportunity of this by trying to attack him. They tried to attack him, but one by one, they fell due to their injuries received from his slashes with his sword and the strikes with his sheath to quickly disable them and keep moving. Some of them were even getting bold enough to try to attack his ankles, but he was starting to become rather protective of them, once in a while doing a forward dive-roll to trip up a couple that were coming his way at the same time. The only times he'd turn around is to deflect oncoming attacks from the rear, but he knew he couldn't hesitate long or his chances of surviving the fight would lessen the longer he took to reach the rest of the group.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #606 on: September 09, 2010, 12:44:07 PM »
With a small huff, Kratos pushed Lazaryos back all the way against the tree, Lazaryos' feet having dragged a large pile of dirt in the process. Kratos pressed hard with the halberd, cleaving the bottom of the scythe and pushing it up while pressing it flat-ways to keep the scythe from reaching him. "Hatchling, a little help would be nice!" said Lazaryos as the tip of the halberd crept closer and closer to his eyes.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #607 on: September 09, 2010, 10:58:45 PM »
Ember heard Lazaryos call for Chrono's help but figured she could help as well. She sent a fireball whizzing towards Kratos' head and sent another towards his feet. After she was done sending out the distractions, she went back to fighting the Guild members. She noticed that Dante was going after anyone she so much as looked at. "I fight long range not just close up, new guy. Unless you're going to start shielding the people trying to KILL us, I suggest you just let me do I as want. You can't get to the ones further away before I do anyway." She said and, as if to prove her point, sent a fire boomerang at a Guild member further away, which scalped him.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #608 on: September 10, 2010, 01:12:22 AM »
Chrono noticed one of the two bandits was slowing down their swings, and he only spent a split moment with that bandit before the man hit the floor with nasty gashes all over the body. "Took you long enough!" he growled before bearing down on the other bandit and left so many cuts on the body, that the bandit 'died' from the pain before blood-loss could.

He turned towards Kratos and Lazaryos and just started swinging and beating on Kratos in an attempt to draw attention away...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #609 on: September 10, 2010, 04:38:27 AM »
While Dante tried and failed at taking down the targets Ember went for he noticed Vosur in a bit of a bind. Since he was failing at his plan, he nonchalantly went over to Vosur, knocking out someone creeping up behind him. "You seem to be having trouble with your foot. Please, let me help you. I don't know how much I can heal you right now...But I can at least help you walk." He grabbed Vosur's left arm and put it over his shoulder, helping him take the weight off his foot. Dante himself still looked like a wreck, though the wounds on his hands were gone.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #610 on: September 10, 2010, 06:52:09 AM »
"Not exactly in the best of condition to deny assistance of anyone, but I wouldn't want to be a burden to others." he spoke, now using his good leg as he hopped with him to get them closer to the group. "When this is over, we're going to have to make sure you're fully treated. Don't even think about working my face, I'll keep these marks as a start to a long-earned end of torture." he muttered as he tried to tug him along with the hops, holding his sword-and-sheath as tightly as he could to prevent from dropping it again. "You'll have to hate me later for what I've done and what I'll have to do, but until that time I'll make sure you last out. At least I can do something right this time."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #611 on: September 10, 2010, 11:55:23 PM »
Kratos backed up as Lazaryos had continued to push back, forcing the scythe to over-swing and clash with Chrono's swords, shattering the stolen one. Kratos kicked the two down with a mighty foot and swung his halberd around to knock the fireballs aside. "I don't have time to play with you children. I have a job to do. I'm sure we won't meet again." He threw the halberd at Dante, who just started to heal Vosur, and made a quick rush towards the northern border and disappeared into the trees. Lazaryos growled as he tried to untangle himself and get off of Chrono. "Watch it!"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #612 on: September 11, 2010, 05:43:17 AM »
Chrono simply pushed Lazaryos off with a booted foot, and got up angrily. "Let me get this right; we fought massive worms, giant scorpions, and more than two-hundred warriors and mages. But its beyond our ability to kill your brother, or even touch my father?! Why do they need safe passage if they're that powerful?!?!" He openly fumed before flinging the broken handle at one of the few bandits remaining.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #613 on: September 11, 2010, 07:25:48 PM »
Dante dove out of the way of the halberd taking Vosur with him. It was easy since he was helping him walk and not healing him. He made sure Vosur landed on him instead of just hitting the ground or Dante landing on him. "That was close...Are you alright?" he said getting up and helping Vosur up as well. He looked to see the one Chrono and Lazaryos were fighting run off.He also noticed some of the other guild members were fleeing as well.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #614 on: September 11, 2010, 10:05:41 PM »
He ended up falling with Dante due to the way he was being held, his grip tightening around his weapon upon impact. "Geh, thanks Padre. Think you can pop the ankle back into place so we can move about a bit better? I bet when it's set back into place, it'll be a lot easier for us to get back to the others." he spoke to him as they got up, letting his arm go from off Dante so he could block a side-attack and then knock away the brigand's weapon. "So what's the death toll so far on these guys... I don't think this is all of their forces in the area and we can't stay here too long or we will be over-run."