The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66840 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #615 on: September 12, 2010, 06:25:55 PM »
Lazaryos grunted as he got up, "Bloody hell, my ears are ringing already. I don't need you screaming in my ear. And yes, Kratos is my brother. He's a lot stronger than I remembered. He's one of the most feared men in the world for a reason, but to have progressed this far was beyond my predictions. If I didn't have this damned scythe, it might've been easier for me to fight him. Now shut up, we don't even know which way is north anymore, and we gotta hurry before..." People began running in from all directions, ones who seemed to be far more skilled than the last batch of people they were all fighting. "Time to move! Come on everyone! Ember, if you please pave a path for us!"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #616 on: September 12, 2010, 07:12:28 PM »
Ember's head snapped up at the sound of her name and she grinned. "My pleasure." She said as she cracked her knuckles. She ran over to where Lazaryos and Chrono were then moved ahead of them. She continuously sent fire out ahead of them which set anyone coming at them on fire. The people that were on fire were running around like chickens with their heads cut off and she kicked away a few whenever they started coming near her, causing them to fall on the ground and roll around as the screamed. Their screams had no bad effects on her though and she continued on with a malicious smile on her face.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #617 on: September 12, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »
Chrono did another flourish with his sword as he felt his body get lighter. His frustration and pent-up bloodlust started to make the glowing tattoos appear again, and now without upper-body armor it was much more pronounced than before. "I got left guard..." was all he said before moving away from Lazaryos and taking on the closest bandit that was about to get at Ember. He swung his sword with both hands, and the moment his blade made contact with the bandit's it almost cut the blade clean off before Chrono ran his own blade through the startled bandit's midsection.

Regardless of how much he enjoyed the fighting, he always made sure that he was near the group and that Ember's left flank was covered.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:09:54 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #618 on: September 13, 2010, 12:01:52 AM »
Dante jammed his cross into the ground just behind Vosur. He then grabbed his foot and used his cross as something to brace him on as he popped his ankle into place. It was a quick push followed by a chilling pop and it was all better. As Dante stood up he was stabbed in the shoulder from behind by another person with a dagger. The only reason he noticed was because he suddenly lurched forward from the weight of the attacker. He turned, grabbed the man and put him in a quick choke hold until he had passed out. He didn't even realize there was a dagger in him as he once again helped Vosur up and retrieved his cross. "Can you walk now? I will have to treat you properly once we are out of this place." He was bleeding again from his new wound which he was still oblivious to and stumbled because blood loss. Again his vision blurred but it took a few blinks to restore his vision this time. "I believe we should hurry..."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #619 on: September 13, 2010, 08:57:23 AM »
He quickly belted his sword before he moved around to the other side to support Dante with his off-hand as he unsheathed his blade, making a quick swipe at the brigand who stabbed him, giving the guild-member a superficial cut on the arm to make him drop the weapon. "No qualms there, Padre... but this is my turn to keep you going. You may be tough for a priest, but you're only mortal." he spouted off as he slightly lifted the priest a little to give him a bit more momentum. He couldn't fully pick him up due to the cross, but this way would speed them up as he made a few swipes in front of them to make some of the ones that were approaching back-off. "My ankle will heal in due time when we're fully out of this mess, you'll have the others to attend to. Hopefully I can go searching for some herbs, either that or I'll end up using some scorpion's venom as a temporary pain-reliever." He almost shuddered at the thought of using something from what he would call 'bugs' on himself as medicine, he didn't mind using it on others to defend himself. With them going a little faster than the rest of the group ahead of them, they were finally starting to catch up to the others. "Aw, so you're going to leave the party without us, eh?" he joked to Lazaryos while knocking away a few incoming sword-blades with one powerful swing, his slash almost off-balanced himself and Dante with him if Dante wasn't holding the cross as a sort of counter-balance.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #620 on: September 14, 2010, 12:23:04 AM »
"You stay behind, you die. You make the effort to stay with us, or you don't. I don't die for anyone but myself." Lazaryos kept Ember's right flank covered as she continued to pave the road. The soldiers lessened as they entered the forested area, but were replaced with a large shower of arrows from all directions. Lazaryos cut through the trees around them and fell the trees to cover his side from the arrows.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #621 on: September 14, 2010, 01:37:01 AM »
When the arrows started to fly at them Ember created a fire boomerang. She sent it flying through the air so that it hit the ends of some arrows and knocked them off course. As she continued to run along ahead of the others, she kept sending fire at anyone who came at her that she saw. She was glad that Lazaryos and Chrono were covering her but she wasn't going to say anything about it.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #622 on: September 15, 2010, 03:20:21 AM »
As Vosur was helping Dante walk his knees buckled for a moment as he lost consciousness for a moment. He regained himself enough to not pass out, lucky he wasn't aware of all the killing going on around him due to his hazy state. He was exerting himself to just keep with Vosur's pace so they weren't left behind. Dante still had the dagger in his shoulder but it had begun to stop bleeding for the time being. He hoped they would get clear so he could treat Vosur of his ankle and even Ember who he was starting to despise for her previous actions. He probably wouldn't make it if he went one at a time, healing himself last, so he figured he would have to use his area healing spell.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #623 on: September 15, 2010, 05:31:16 AM »
Every now and then he would almost lift Dante up while moving him, noticing Dante's black-outs every now and then. " C'mon Padre... I don't want to have to lug you over my shoulder. We're almost out of this mess." he spoke to him, trying to make sure he kept Dante's attention to prevent him from fully passing-out on him. They finally caught up with the rest of the group, now slowing only when they got close enough for arm's reach. "Next time we try to drop in on the Guild, let's do it in the dead of night when they have a welcome mat for us."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #624 on: September 15, 2010, 12:31:21 PM »
Lazaryos was getting extremely frustrated as the attacks wore on. The scythe grew with his anger and the handle extended by itself, and made his arms wind up by themselves. "Everybody get down! I'm not in control here!" Lazaryos' body swung the scythe and a ring of lightning shoot off around them, cutting everything in its path. Trees fell alongside people and halves of bodies. Lazaryos' knees buckled as he regained control of his body. He breathed heavily and panted as his body felt drained and over-stressed.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #625 on: September 15, 2010, 03:39:44 PM »
Ember continued her barrage of spell attacks until Lazaryos shouted his warning. She paused and ducked down low until his attack was finished. Looking back over her shoulder, she saw that Lazaryos was getting weak. She moved over to him quickly and smacked him in the back of his head. "Get over it and let's move! You'll have time to regain to strength and relax when we're out of this, but first we kind of have to make it out alive!" She commanded then turned and continued to run in the direction they had been heading.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #626 on: September 16, 2010, 12:00:50 AM »
Chrono simply kneeled as the scythe flew right over his hair, then got back up to finish off someone who had barely dodged a lethal hit. He then flung his blade towards the ground to clean off most of the blood before making his way back to Ember and Lazaryos. "I got him, just keep at least two-thirds of them from reaching me. Vosur and Dante should be able to cover for at least the other third, right?!" He lowered himself under Lazaryos and carried him like a sack of flour over his shoulder.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #627 on: September 16, 2010, 06:12:48 AM »
Dante noticed the scythe but couldn't really react in time. He wouldn't have been able to anyway considering Vosur had a good grip on him even though he was struggling. Luckily he moved for them and ducked the attack. He shouted his displeasure while they got back up. Dante might have said something about it, or the loads of killing happening around him but he was too out of it to even form a sentence. Even if he could he needed to conserve his energy to heal the others at least, he figured he needed to get that far before he wanted to help himself.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #628 on: September 16, 2010, 04:15:54 PM »
Vosur ducked under the wild swings and pulled Dante down with him to prevent them both from getting beheaded. "Easy there! No reason to attack your own allies!." he called to Lazaryos, giving a slight growl before he realized how out-of-control he was. Turning his head to Chrono right before he picked up the lightning mage, he gave a slight shrug while keeping a firm grip on Dante to get him back on his feet "I wish I could say 'no problem', but I'm trying to drag someone who has a weapon that weighs more than he does and fight off anyone that comes our way. I don't exactly have much of a free hand to work with to enable me to fight a lot better." he spoke, keeping his sword at the ready to attack anyone of the Guild Members that got close to them. "The Padre has some pretty bad wounds and if he passes out, we may be in a tough situation. We definitely could use a healer..." he muttered to himself, not exactly caring if the others heard him or not due to his focus being on a straggler that tried to ambush him. It didn't take more than a few parries and a kick to knock him out of the way, but the Guild Member got back up to try again, only to get a quick-slash across the chest to disable him so they could move on.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #629 on: September 20, 2010, 04:57:02 PM »
Lazaryos growled over as his arm was hefted onto Chrono's shoulders and they continued on. "It's not my fault! The scythe took control of my body! I had absolutely no control over my body except to warn you!" He grunted as they trotted along as fast as they could. Lazaryos was already used to using high caliber spells, but that was something that he had never felt before. Something that just didn't sit right.