The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66835 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #660 on: October 02, 2010, 01:10:53 PM »
The chameleon merely hissed, "Mind your own, hybrid. Thiss is between uzzz." He charged Ember, throwing his round-shield that burst her fireball and he pulled it back with the metal string attached to it. The chameleon lept into the air and came down with with a powerful strike, the lightning blazing off of the blade.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #661 on: October 02, 2010, 07:41:32 PM »
Chrono shot up when he felt the all-too-familair aura of a lightning spell, and saw the chameleon again. He got up with a slam of the talons, then pulled out both swords as he chased towards the chameleon. He lacked upper armor, but his lack of armor also improved his speed a noticeable deal. "That sword is mine!!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #662 on: October 03, 2010, 02:30:44 AM »
The chameleon turned and shield-bashed Chrono in the face, disorienting the dragon, and went in for a swing at him instead. The sword was parried at the same time that Chrono was kicked aside from another new figure. It was a female cat, and she wielded a fierce-looking naginata, which was covered in blinding light. The chameleon and the cat fought each other fiercely, every one of her slashes splitting into 3's. However, she didn't find it necessary to actually guard Chrono or Ember, as their parries came dangerously close to each one without concern or even consideration.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #663 on: October 03, 2010, 02:58:20 AM »
Dante had started to wake up to the various sounds of fighting about. He sat up and yawned as he stretched. Rubbing his eyes he looked around and noticed the others were engaged with a chameleon. The mere state of the chameleon Dante guessed it was a cursed weapon which he was told to watch out for by the monastery. When Chrono had rushed him and the feline had jumped in after he held his thoughts suddenly, he didn't remember traveling with such a person. He definitely would have noticed her. "Me-Ow...When do I get to play doctor with you?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #664 on: October 03, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »
The two cursed fighters ignored Dante as they continued to fight, moving towards where Lazaryos was, swallowing him into the fray. Light flashed all around and lit the area with its show of streams of light.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #665 on: October 03, 2010, 09:43:34 PM »
Vosur's eyes shot open at the first swing, hand-springing onto his feet before he took one of his cards out in readying to attack while the other hand took the sword-and-sheath set from off his belt in case if one of them got too close. When the fight had pulled Lazaryos in, he couldn't make a move due to accidentally hitting Lazaryos nor could he charge in with his sword due two individuals with electricity coursing from their weapons. He knew better than to get up close with electricity sparking about unless he could find an effective way to disable it, but with the feline wielding the naginata being almost in the way, he couldn't get a clear aim with the card. So the only thing he could do at the time was evade and wait for an opportunity to strike.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #666 on: October 03, 2010, 10:17:05 PM »
Lazaryos' arms did most of the fighting, the scythe parrying and striking wherever it sought possible. This cat with her weapon was truly formidable. Unlike the chameleon and himself, her strikes were more precise and very deadly. The three broke off after a 3-way lock and she was the first to strike. The cat charged Lazaryos first, swinging the naginata in circular strikes, surrounding herself with a web-ball of death. Lazaryos slammed the scythe into the ground and sprung his net while the chameleon jumped in from behind her and tried for a strike. However, all it did was just disperse the barrier around her as she gave a powerful thrust towards Lazaryos, multiple strikes of light surrounding it, making it impossible to dodge. In a last-ditch effort, Lazaryos forced his majicka through the scythe and did his best to cast a spell. The blade then split in two and caught the naginata between them, barely able to stop the attack an inch from his face. He rotated his body, lifting the cat, and tossed her away from him and the group. Lazaryos was relieved, but the scythe moved again on its own accord and cleaved backwards, blocking a strike that was coming from behind from the chameleon. The voice was a bit raspy, "You cannot escape the fate of us all. There is only one lightning master fit to wield the weapons, and you are not it. Next time, your head is mine." The chameleon broke off and struck the ground that caused a huge flash, and disappeared. Lazaryos looked back over quickly in case of another attack, but the cat was gone. What the hell was THAT all about?

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #667 on: October 03, 2010, 11:30:42 PM »
Ember had backed away after Chrono had distracted the chameleon and the cat had jumped in. "Psh. Hybrid. He says it like I should be insulted or ashamed." She commented with her head held high as she watched the fight with her arms crossed. She cringed slightly when she saw that Lazaryos was close to getting hit but she couldn't do anything without hitting him as well so when he blocked the hit she was relieved though she kept a straight face the whole time. "And you are?" She questioned in a mumble as the chameleon disappeared. "Sleezy, the lot of 'em." She walked over to where Lazaryos was standing. "Don't worry about it. It's just an empty threat. He probably couldn't kill you if you had your hands tied behind your back. It seems his fighting talent is only the crap that comes with the weapon and nothing more." She said to Lazaryos with a smirk. "We should probably get moving..."

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #668 on: October 04, 2010, 12:36:09 AM »
Chrono rubbed his jaw as he got back up from being smashed in the face with a shield, and kicked to the sand below. "Seems to be a recurring theme of mages using cursed weapons, First my father, then that half-dead Alister, the chameleon, now you and this cat-woman. I have yet to see any 'normal' cursed weapon wielders, or any cursed armor!" He sheathed his swords and walked over to Dante before lifting him up again. "Is there any fire mages with a cursed chain-whip, or an ice mage with a ball and chain that I need knowing about?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #669 on: October 04, 2010, 01:34:03 AM »
Dante accepted Chrono's help up, he was holding his own on standing up. He looked over his shoulder and noticed the cloth on it and removed it to see much blood and a dagger. "Now how did you get in there?" He mumbled before yanking the dagger out. "...So you three run into this sort of trouble often? Anyway...Before you run off...I think I need to tend to my wounds this time. I would appreciate it if you would allow me to heal you all. It would be the least I could to repay your kindness to a total stranger...Even if I almost died..." After saying that he made his way over to his cross which was near Vosur. He picked it up and rested it on his shoulder before walking a few steps away and impaling it into the ground. After that he sat down next to it and began to concentrate. "Now if you wish to take part, just sit around my cross, I'll take care of the rest."
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 05:29:46 AM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #670 on: October 04, 2010, 03:37:04 AM »
Vosur relinquished the cross and stepped away from the group, only going a distance he felt was just far enough. "Sorry Padre, whatever wounds I have aren't serious now. I'll keep the scarring on my face as a reminder of yesterday... it's sort of a victory and defeat at the same time." he spoke as he calmly put away the card and sheathed his sword. "But as for you Lazaryos... it may be in your better interest to keep us informed on what lore you know of these cursed weapons. Such things might include: should we anticipate all cursed-weapon-bearers to be hostile to each other? If so, what weapons do they have and what powers to the weapons contain?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #671 on: October 04, 2010, 11:54:37 PM »
Lazaryos sighed as he patted himself off, a little distracted by Ember being friendly with him now, but shook it out of his head before it developed into anything, "I've already told the others of the different Cursed Items, Knave. However, there is no way to predict who will be a bearer for the weapons and armor. But I can assure you, if not prior, we will see them all in Blue Crimson. There are some, like me, who are new to their weapons, and sometimes lose control of themselves at times. There are those who succumb to the weapon and are taken over by the curse. Others, like that cat-woman, have greater power than the weapons they bear, and have therefore mastered dominion over them. Those people have the power to remove the weapons themselves, but they always keep it to manipulate the power from the weapons, similar to Chrono's ancestors. And, of course, there's the Tear that hasn't had a recorded owner in centuries. Cursed Armors, there are only two sets, but I've read that they have absolute defense. The only way to kill armor bearers are to have a power level stronger than the armor's capacity. To put it simply, only defeated by those with immense power. As for Normals wielding any, I guess you'll have to wait and see if anyone's obtained one."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #672 on: October 05, 2010, 02:31:36 AM »
Ember smirked and shook her head in reaction to Chrono's question about a fire mage with a chain-whip. She turned to look back at the group to see Dante sitting next to his cross, waiting for them to join him to be healed. "No offense to you, but I don't want to be healed." She said, looking at Dante. Of course there was always the possibility that he would go behind her back and heal her while she was sleeping, but she expected that he wouldn't stoop that low.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #673 on: October 05, 2010, 05:07:32 PM »
Chrono sat down and drew lines in the sand, all of them images of a sword, shield, or even a simple 'drawing' of armor. "Can this wait until we're on rock? The worms and scorpions could show up and ruin all the healing that you would have put so much effort into..."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #674 on: October 05, 2010, 09:18:04 PM »
Dante sighed deeply, both his hands were glowing a light green. Instead of doing what he had planned, which would have been wasted if he only did it on himself, he put his hands together making only one glow after they separated. With that hand he reached to the wound behind his shoulder. The wound quickly began to heal, the tissue regenerated fast just by holding his hand there. Not even a scar was left. After that he stood up and hoisted his cross onto his back and looked at Vosur. He looked as if he was curious about something but dismissed it and turned towards the others. "I'll just have to heal them in their sleep or something..."