The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66834 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #705 on: October 17, 2010, 06:02:59 AM »
Dante couldn't sleep much, after lying motionless for the better half of what seemed to be an hour he got to his feet almost like a robot. Once up he walked a little ways away from the campfire, just out of the light. He thought about various things, Vosur's story, why he was going for the Mana, and maybe rethinking what he desired. After awhile of thinking he started cracking various joints on his body, bending backwards to crack his back, popping his knuckles and various other things you would probably avoid out of the sheer pain it would cause. He didn't flinch or make any other noise, the only thing you could hear was the popping and cracking.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #706 on: October 17, 2010, 01:32:38 PM »
Listless as always, Vosur was border-lining between planes of consciousness before he started hearing popping sounds, instinctively getting up and grabbing hold of the hilt of his sword with his left hand. Upon seeing it was Dante moving about, he grumbled a bit as he sat back down, cutting off another piece of the gazelle to eat on it as he started to watch the sun rise. "Great... sleepless as always." he muttered as he started to put his shades on, finishing up the rest of the piece he had before he started to cut off pieces and put them on one of the hides he had set to use for leather. By the time the others were starting to wake, he finished up cutting the cooked gazelle and set it all on the skin before he 'bagged' it up, then went over to where the smoked strips were and started to do the same. "And... there. This should hold a couple of days worth of food." he spoke as he tied up the two bags to make them easier to carry, then started to dig a bit in the sand to bury any trace of the campfire and last night's meal other than what he had prepped to carry with them.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #707 on: October 17, 2010, 05:36:25 PM »
Lazaryos got up after staring off into nothingness for a few minutes, his mind having ran all over the place in no feasible order, nor any real sense. When he snapped to and stood up, he merely nudged Ember and motioned her to move, while using his foot to nudge Chrono as they all head up north. Lazaryos' mind still wandered, but he was still conscious enough to make his directional decisions and be aware of his surroundings.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #708 on: October 17, 2010, 06:53:02 PM »
When Lazaryos nudged Ember, she looked up at him before moving and rolling up her sleeping mat, attaching it to her bag once again. She slung the bag over her shoulders as she stood up then stretched her legs by moving up onto her tiptoes before she followed after Lazaryos. As she walked, she untied her ponytail then ran her fingers through her hair to comb it out before retying it into a ponytail.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #709 on: October 18, 2010, 01:39:53 AM »
Chrono sighed as he felt the "fat" tiger's foot push against his body, getting up and shaking his hips to get any stray grains to fall off. He reached out for nothing while stretching his shoulder muscles, then snapped his arms back to flourish with his sword before sheathing it again and keeping as the rear-guard of the group. "We gonna run into more camps on our travels, or is the Blue Crimson just a sudden blood orgy?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #710 on: October 18, 2010, 12:07:58 PM »
After he got everything to go, he pulled out enough pieces of the cooked-gazelle for everyone and started to hand them out before he re-closed the bag to sling both makeshift food-bags over his shoulder.  "I know it's not exactly a home-cooked meal, but at least it'll do in a pinch, and I'll bet one of us has been rather anxious to get hold of honest-to-goodness meat." he spoke, hinting at Chrono. He only stopped for a moment after the distribution, sniffing the air. "Scent of wild-flowers..." he muttered before snapping out of it and getting with the rest of the group as he carried his food.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #711 on: October 18, 2010, 12:22:11 PM »
Lazaryos didn't look back at Chrono and just kept going as he talked, "Those who don't have the sufficient payment for the Thieves Guild end up either dead or late. The Pilgrimage, for all warriors and Mages, takes longer. Your father's one of the late ones, but people like him who can afford it, are already there. It'll be more than just a blood orgy... It'll be a scene from Hell. There's no way of describing it, but I've heard it makes walking through the midnight streets of Brisbain look like a princess' room."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #712 on: October 19, 2010, 01:00:21 AM »
Ember took the piece of meat when Vosur handed it to her. "Thanks." She muttered but was actually sincere. Putting the meat in a pocket in her bag to save it for later, she continued to walk with the group. She listened to Lazaryos as he spoke and imagined at the scene at Blue Crimson. She also wondered how many more people she was going to fry along the way.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #713 on: October 19, 2010, 01:17:52 AM »
Chrono's eyes sparkled as he began to drool over the meat that was handed to him. He mouthed a prayer, and also a few words of thanks towards Vosur before biting down on the gazelle meat. It didn't taste like it was seasoned, but it was still delicious to his carnivorus nature. He was nearly on the verge of tears as he also started gnawing on the bone that held together the meat. How long has it been, days, months, almost a year?!
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #714 on: October 19, 2010, 05:13:10 AM »
Dante thanked Vosur when he was handed some meat. Tearing a small piece of it and sticking it in his mouth he put away the rest. He chewed on the piece in his mouth intentionally not swallowing to savor the flavor and give him something to do. He grabbed his crass and put it on his back, which almost made him fall backwards. It had been a short while since he had to carry it and the thing weighed a large amount. But he soon got used to it again and walked on with the others.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #715 on: October 19, 2010, 07:02:50 AM »
"Heh, since you like it that much, you might enjoy more of it if you were to come hunting with me." he joked to Chrono, reaching a hand back behind Dante as he started to see him stagger backwards. "Easy there, Padre. You've been out for a while." His nose was twitching for a while as they wandered on as the scent of wild-flowers got stronger in their traveling. "So, Lazaryos... what is up with that feline? She seems like she's on a mission for something, not just out for blood or even just to try to kill all other Cursed Weapon bearers."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #716 on: October 19, 2010, 03:42:39 PM »
Lazaryos scoffed at the mention of the feline, "That sour old wench is out for blood, alright. But it's something else. She's part of an ancient society that has always been rumored to keep the peace and balance of power within the world. Though I have yet to ever see any peace and any balance of power, I'm not the least bit interested in their own definition of it. It's called the Order of Light. They have been known throughout history as the guardian angels of the people. Their power is immense, powerful enough to be called 'worthy' to wield their Cursed Items, powerful enough to discard their weapons as they please and control them, not the other way around. I don't know what they're after, but blood is definitely on the menu."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #717 on: October 19, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »
Ember couldn't help but laugh at how ravenous Chrono was with the piece of meat he was given. It wasn't really surprising though since they hadn't had "real" meals for quite some time, not to mention meat. She listened as Vosur asked about the feline and Lazaryos gave his response. She scoffed at the mention of her Order keeping peace and balance and also at them so powerful. It wasn't because she didn't think it was true, she just thought that it was completely stupid.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #718 on: October 22, 2010, 02:15:34 AM »
Chrono was hardly paying attention to the noise going on around him as he spent the rest of his walking time chewing on the bone. For him, everything seemed to be looking up ever since they left the 'Bandit Forest' and were heading closer and closer to their goal with little issues beyond a single fight between cursed weapon users. I wonder if we'll be fighting on grassy plains, that would be an awesome setting for the Blue Crimson...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #719 on: October 22, 2010, 03:47:12 AM »
Once again Dante found himself thanking Vosur. He got used to the weight of of his cross again and walked normally. He still chewed on the meat for a while before finally swallowing it. He thought if he should get another piece or not to chew on. He didn't really bother. He was lazily looking about the scenery as they walked, listening barely to what Vosur and Lazaryos had been talking about. Ember seemed quite amused about how Chrono had ravaged his portion of meat and what the two had said. It didn't exactly interest him. "So what lies in wait for us at Blue Crimson, Tiger? You seem to be a knowledgeable person, surely you know."
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:28:45 PM by Srgntcuddles »