The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66830 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #720 on: October 23, 2010, 05:03:13 AM »
Vosur looked up to the sky to see it start to darken due to the setting sun. "Alright, who's up for seconds on food? I've still got plenty of the roasted meat and got smoked meat as well if any of you are hungry." he spoke out, shifting the two bags in front of himself as he tried to hold both of them with one hand and reach into one of them to grab out a piece for himself with the other to eat on it. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see movement and the scent he was catching still seemed to bother him, but he tried to not let on to his observations just yet. "Let's see, looks like we have enough for everyone to have one more piece before we move onto the smoked meat."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #721 on: October 24, 2010, 05:28:36 PM »
Lazaryos sighed as they trudged along, "All I know is that we're in for a big blood bath by the time we get there. From the old tomes I've dived into for the last few decades, people have described the battlefield as a see of black sand, said to have been burnt in permanently from the millions, if not billions, of lives that had been lost there for so many thousands of years. I can't say what we'll see, exactly, but from what I've heard in the last few days, it might not be anywhere close to what the old tomes have described..."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #722 on: October 25, 2010, 03:18:21 PM »
Ember pulled the first piece of meat Vosur had given her from the pocket she had put it in on her bag. "All set." She responded to Vosur when he offered out seconds. She took a bite of the meat, tearing a part off with her very sharp teeth. As she chewed the piece she had bitten off, she listened to Lazaryos describe what the scene at Blue Crimson might look like.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #723 on: October 25, 2010, 11:32:19 PM »
Chrono pulled the bone out of his mouth when the mage spoke of the land they would fight on. "'black sand, said to have been burnt in permanently from the millions, if not billions, of lives'? I wasn't aware that raw majicka had the properties of fire. But I guess nobody who survived the entire Crimson would still be sane enough for a logical description." He put the bone back in his mouth and started to chew again, his mind periodically sketching out such a landscape.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #724 on: October 27, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »
Vosur put away the rest of the meat except for one piece which he held in a bite while retying and slinging the bags over his shoulder as they kept moving, shrugging a silent response to the rest of the group as he started to eat again, his stomach growling to his eating. Every now and then, after he swallowed one of his bites of course, he would glance about with his eyes to the scenery around them, his eyes scanning for movement primarily but he tried to keep them peeled for anything else out of the ordinary. Finishing up his food, he switched the food-bags to his right hand as he put his left-hand on the hilt of his sword in getting ready to draw it. "Looks like we've got company. Be on your toes."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #725 on: October 28, 2010, 12:03:19 AM »
The scythe slid down to Lazaryos' hand immediately, vibrating violently. "(censored)! It's another one of 'them'!" No sooner did he say that, did the sand in front of the group explode and a figure jumped out of the cloud. Lazaryos braced himself as the person charged him while he was shielding his eyes, knocking him back into Chrono and Vosur. He grunted as he got up, trying to peer through the large cloud of sand that didn't seem to want to settle. Several whip-like shadows shot through the cloud, and Lazaryos quickly raised the scythe, still getting struck on the side, but felt a serrated edge, as it cut right through the edge of his ribs and through his cloak. Lazaryos jumped out of his cloak and landed off to the side as the whip-like shadows receded back into the cloud. There, standing before the group, was a Normal wearing magic-resistant armor with the seal on the corner of the chest that signified that it was magically imbued with resistance. Lazaryos readied himself, but found it odd that he couldn't see any kind of weapons on the human's person. Then what the hell was that earlier?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #726 on: October 28, 2010, 12:40:38 AM »
Ember spun to her right smoothly, evading the whip-like shadow that came at her. She focused on the attacker again after she did her full spin and readied herself for a fight. As she examined the attacker, she recognized the armor they were wearing. "[Censored]..." She muttered under her breath. She could fight hand to hand but she felt like she would be completely useless against their attacker without using majicka when fighting against the shadow whips.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #727 on: October 28, 2010, 02:04:51 AM »
Chrono felt a little rush when he saw another armored normal, almost forgetting to keep a distance from the lashing shadows. "Cursed armor, not really what I'd want, but its better than going into the Blue Crimson with a bare chest" he half-mumbled as he unsheathed his swords and waited for either an attack or for the person to adopt a stance.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #728 on: October 28, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »
Dante was finishing off his portion of meat when the sand exploded in front of them. He saw Lazaryos fly into Chrono and Vosur, he was going to offer assistance but he got to his feet fairly quickly. He saw the shadowy tendrils shoot from the thick cloud of sand and smoke and put his cross in front of him as a shield. When the smoke cleared he looked at the person's armor. It was clear he was a normal. "That armor...Damn...If he's a normal then...Where'd that magic come from...? Is there someone else hiding? Is it the armor? Grr...I'll likely have to get in this. Being one of the close ranged fighters. I'll wait 'til Vosur or the dragon heads in and back them up. I hope I don't have to...I don't like fighting."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #729 on: October 29, 2010, 03:01:36 AM »
Even though he was barreled into by Lazaryos, he hand-sprung back up quickly to see the attacker. "I bet that armor would be useful if it didn't come with such a high price." he said with a smirk, shaking some of the sand out of his hair, clothes, and tail as he got back into a ready to counterattack position. He didn't even try to pick up the bags with the food again as the fight was more prominent in his mind than keeping hold of the food. His right hand grabbed a card from out of his pouch, ready to throw it in case if another barrage of shadows came to them again as he set his sights on the armor-wearing individual.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #730 on: October 30, 2010, 12:10:51 AM »
Lazaryos rushed over and charged the man, brandishing the scythe. The man merely smiled and reached behind his back and pulled out a sword, matching it to the scythe. Lazaryos stopped just a little short so the blade struck the pole of the scythe and used it to push the sword away from him. He was about to swing the scythe's blade down, when the sword's blade proceeded to separate into links and struck Lazaryos in the shoulder. Lazaryos let out a growl as he jumped back, trying to gain his bearings, but the man laughed as the blade retracted and he thrusted it towards Lazaryos, shooting the blade out again, but this time, similar blades emerged from the man's arm and whipped towards Lazaryos. Holy....
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:13:09 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #731 on: October 30, 2010, 01:02:11 AM »
Ember watched what played out between Lazaryos and the attacker, trying to figure out just what she could do as she shoved the piece of meat she had started to eat back into the pocket on her bag. "What the HELL is going on?! She yelled in her head. She couldn't figure out how the guy was doing what he was with his weapons, if they were specially made or something or maybe something to do with the armor. "What I'm about to do is extremely stupid and pointless..." She thought as she charged up for an attack. "But maybe it will help save his skin somehow..." As she finished her thoughts, she sent a large fireball at the attacker.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 01:17:23 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #732 on: October 30, 2010, 01:32:34 AM »
Chrono growled as he jumped right into the path of the blades, and knocked them all away while using his own body to push the last blade away. He got away with only a small cut where he pressed his body, and some exhaustion from those fast parries. "If you die, how the hell are we getting through the Crimson?!" Chrono barked at Lazaryos before getting in a stance ment for multiple opponents. A chain blade and magical armor, would probably take some doing to get the sword away from him...

He understood that the armor, or at least something under the armor, was creating all of these blades and that the sword was a more pressing issue than the armor.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #733 on: October 30, 2010, 11:27:41 AM »
The fireball impacted against the man's arm enough that the cut on Chrono wasn't deep, just moved enough to be just a minor scratch. The mysterious man laughed as he lowered his hand, the extra blades receding back into this skin and the one he was holding returning to look like a normal one. He raised his other hand, and pointed at Lazaryos before rotating his finger and gesturing for him to come at the man.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #734 on: October 30, 2010, 06:29:11 PM »
Dante watched the fighting, thinking on what to do to help. "He shoots blades from his skin? Creepy...There's no way I can get close enough to hit him with my fists...The only thing that would help is to just clobber him with my cross, but even then...He can shoot those blades so quickly I'd be cut to pieces. I got it..." Dante took his cross onto his back again and ran far left in hopes to get behind the man so he could try getting close enough to hit a pressure point from behind.