The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66889 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2010, 11:19:45 AM »
Chrono yawned at the prospect, taking advantage of the chance to get some extra air through his system and wake up completely. He didn't even think about what was going to attack until he saw the all-to-familiar banner in the air. "I'll leave this to you three, not much of a mage anyway..." he said as he tried to push away the thoughts of seeing the family he would rather kill than greet.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2010, 12:46:46 PM »
All of the other Mages and Normals around Lazaryos looked at him like he was stupid or crazy until one of them got pounced on my a giant, horned creature that you normally only see in the Arena. The Normals grouped together and attacked together, despite where they were all from. Against Mages, they sometimes could do it with either a partner or by themselves. However, Arena Monsters were not magic, and they were extreme in size and strength. Winning gladiators were usually only able to win against these things AFTER everyone else died trying, giving it multiple wounds beforehand. Many of the Mages were already doing their best to kill the small horde of 15 monsters. They were indeed strong. Those who tried to conserve their Majicka quickly got killed. These beasts had plates of anti-magic armour on random parts of their body. Damn, this is going to be a pain in the (censored). But then again, lightning is much more... unpredictable. Lightning began to form into a ball around the topaz and grew larger as Lazaryos pointed his staff directly at the closest beast. He fired it and, as expected, ended up hitting one of the randomly placed armour. The ball, instead of deflecting as it should, exploded on impact, creating a net that covered the beast, holding it down for the others Mages to take down with ease. Lazaryos fired on two more before falling onto one knee. Well now, body. Get used to it. We didn't learn all these high-level spells just so you can crap out on me when it hurts.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2010, 03:51:57 PM »
Ember didn't waste any time and didn't plan on trying to conserve her majicka. Closing her eyes, she felt her body heating up substantially and when she opened her eyes back up they seemed to glow, but it was just an illusion. Fire surrounded the ruby on her staff, flexing and growing as it flickered impatiently, waiting to be released. She aimed her staff at the creatures and released the fire, which caused her staff to be spit out flames like a flamethrower. She walked towards the beasts as the flames continued to fly at them which burned their faces and caused them to back away from her, making pained noises. A grin could be seen on her face by the light of the flame.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2010, 07:29:20 PM »
*Nitrous laughed as he watched some of the creatures burn horribly from Ember's attack* "Weaklings." *Was all the wolf said as he heaved and tossed his staff into the air and uttered a phrase as it was falling with his palms together and finished just as the staff was over his head he caught it and smacked it into the ground; the resulting effect was that the already burning creatures were now smashed into the ground by gravitational forces as strong and planets 9 times larger than their own causing them to helplessly lay there* "All mine for the torment unless someone gets there first." *He cackled as he walked forward with his staff raised, ready to smack the wretches to death*
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2010, 08:37:36 PM »
His wolves abandoned him the instant the creatures came into view, their instincts telling them that their survival and Chrono no longer mix. So, he did what anyone would do when faced with large numbers of powerful creatures, well any idiot that is. He estimated the speed of the creature and was ready to an attempt to jump onto the creature, which he was successful save for a slip here and there. He clambered up to the top of the monster, and started hacking into it with his cutlass. It wasn't visibly doing much to harm the monster, but the amount of blood seeping from the cuts caused it to later collapse from having too much of its essence drained out into its coat.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2010, 11:41:09 PM »
Lazaryos was now on both knees, clutching onto his staff after having fired a total of 5 high-level nets. He watched as Mages and Normals alike assaulted the oncoming monsters, many of them being torn into pieces. Lazaryos' body began to scream in pain to him, but he ignored it as he forced himself up. He stood on both feet firmly and braced himself as he held tightly onto the staff and pointed it at the group of invaders. "Everybody MOVE!" Lightning built up until Lazaryos finally released it. A lightning storm similar to the one he used to light over the town shot from the staff and headed straight for the whole group.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2010, 12:53:42 AM »
Ember could feel her body weakening as she cast her spells. She wasn't used to casting high-level spells this much. Maybe only one every few days, if that. Now she had cast about six and her legs were shaking underneath her. When Lazaryos yelled for everyone to move, she moved out of the way as quickly as her weak, shaking legs would let her. Once she was out of the way, she sank to her knees then leaned forward so she was on her hands and knees. Closing her eyes, she took deep breaths.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2010, 01:52:43 AM »
*Nitrous already gave up on his legs and just crawled on the ground as he continued to cast spells* "Stupid legs and stupid people and stupid creatures, every stupid thing has to screw up my majicka." *He crawled past another dying creature and smashed its head in with his staff* "That outta teach ya foul piece of crap!" *He angrily kept going along, a large headache forming and making him even more tired*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2010, 02:12:43 PM »
Chrono felt the creature buckle under its feet as the cuts finally took effect, as they should, and caused him to be sent flying as the monster went to a complete stop then flew across the grass and hitting the dirt and tumbling a good ten feet before landing on his back. He looked back with his head and helmet scraping dirt, and saw some lightning pass just far enough away to leave him out of the brunt of the attack. "This is going to hurt at least a little bit..." he mumbled as he couldn't move his body quick enough to avoid all of the oncoming attack.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2010, 04:29:59 PM »
The lightning ended up striking parts of the encampment. Lazaryos breathed heavily as his legs could no longer hold him up. His attack did its job, but he only saw a few Mages and Normals left. Lazaryos never counted, but he can tell that more than half had been wiped out either by the monsters or by his attack. He groaned and fell straight onto his rump, feeling drained, but still aware.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2010, 09:57:45 PM »
Ember had opened her eyes and watched the lightning strike. A powerful spell indeed. After the spell had done its job, she managed to crawl to a good spot. She didn't have the energy, though, to roll out her sleep mat. She only found enough energy to remove her bag from her back. Collapsing onto her back, using the bag as a pillow, she stared up at the sky blankly. It wouldn't be too long before she fell asleep, as tired as she felt now.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2010, 02:19:29 AM »
*Nitrous sweated as his joints were practically crackling at every step of the way as he crawled along the ground "This...is...not...fun." *He breathed heavily as he finally stopped moving and laid on his belly with his hair frizzing as the enormous lightning strike cleared* "Damn you tiger boy..."  *From another one's view, the wolf now looked like a giant poofball from his fur going out in every direction*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2010, 02:26:21 AM »
Chrono tried to move, but the electricity was still coursing through his armor. So, when a mage that was wearing the eye of his clan, Chrono grabbed the man's ankle, watching as the mage was shocked to either unconsiousness or death as he fell to the dirt without even a grunt. Chrono then got up and dusted his armor off, not seeing a single wolf of his pack still here. "Thats what I get for feeding and fighting by their side... figures"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2010, 11:43:14 AM »
It was another hour before Lazaryos could get himself to move past the pain in his joints. He sat up in and began to rub his joints. Many of the Normal and Mages had either set up camps together or just laid down where they passed out. What is that? Lazaryos noticed something that looked like a giant piece of singed, black cotton. With help from his staff, Lazaryos got up and walked over to the giant cotton ball. After seeing it was just Nitrous, he turned and walked away, and sat next to Ember. Lazaryos had no idea why he sat there, but his body at seemed to move on its own. Instead of arguing with himself, Lazaryos just tried to get everything out of his head by meditation as hard as he can. However, this was probably the first time he had difficulty with that as it is rather quite hard to meditate with a big bulge between his legs while sitting in Indian-style. Awwww..... (censored)!!!!

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2010, 09:47:34 PM »
Ember just laid in place, breathing deeply to relax herself. She heard someone come near her and sit down. Opening one eye, she saw that it was just Lazaryos so she closed the eye again. The next thing she knew, it was early morning when she opened her eyes again. She started to sit up and let out a groan as her head fell back on her bag. "Stupid high-level spells wearing out my stupid body..." She grumbled to herself. Slowly rolling over, she got on her hands and knees, then sat back against her heels. She grabbed her bag and went through it. Grabbing her last apple, she removed it from the bag and began eating it.