The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66828 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #750 on: November 08, 2010, 02:17:26 AM »
The man stumbled a bit from the impact from Lazaryos, and went the rest of the way with Dante's grip, leaving him completely exposed for 2 seconds.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #751 on: November 08, 2010, 02:51:27 AM »
In the midst of the battle, he tried to pursue after the armored individual, almost tripping on Dante along the way due to his position. When Dante had tripped up the human, he rushed in to try to pin down one arm with his foot while he unsheathed his sword to place the blade to the man's neck. "Stay down and you won't be harmed, try to fight and you lose your head." he spoke. "Now what is it with you and wanting to fight us? Why don't you go find another Bearer to go fight?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #752 on: November 08, 2010, 03:01:42 PM »
The man laughed, "You really don't learn, do you?" The hilt of the sword that had been driven into his throat then swung around the surface of the skin and knocked Vosur's sword away. Lazaryos staggered over as the blades around the man's other arm receded and began to emerge from the one that Vosur was holding. He made a run and knocked Vosur back in time, as blades shot out of the man's arm, and all went right through Lazaryo's torso. Lazaryos roared in extreme pain as the blades lifted him higher. The man laughed as he stood up, "It seems I will be the first to obtain a second weapon. I see your scythe already releasing the bond and slipping from your hands." Lazaryos grunted as he quickly grabbed the scythe, but it didn't seem to want to stay in his grip. He grunted as he made one final heave and threw the scythe in a spiral at the laughing man, and it ran through his chest, missing the heart, but enough to throw him off balance and wretch in pain, the blades quickly trying to recede, pulling out of Lazaryos.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #753 on: November 08, 2010, 04:24:20 PM »
Ember gasped slightly when Lazaryos knocked Vosur out of the way and ended up getting stuck with the blades, not having expected it. Her expression went back to the usual serious/determined one that she wore when fighting. She threw a fireball at the human which then split into two fireballs, both of them headed toward his chest but came in on opposite sides of attack, one from the right and one from the left.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #754 on: November 09, 2010, 12:57:28 AM »
The man took the hits, unable to regain his footing to dodge or block. The impact threw him back off his feet and onto his back, but his landing was cushioned as the blades shot out of his back and left him suspended just a mere couple inches off the ground, the scythe still sticking out of his chest. His arms staggered as he tried to pull the weapon out of his chest.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #755 on: November 09, 2010, 01:37:18 AM »
Chrono felt like he spent enough time just seeing how his armor works, and figured that he would be in less danger since some of the tentacle-blades held him in the air. His sudden thirst for battle re-kindled the magic markings on his body as he ran towards the partially armored man at an almost unnatural speed for someone of his build. He jumped on the man and attempted to stomp on his left arm so his own sword was more likely to reach the target that the scythe had missed.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #756 on: November 09, 2010, 02:09:04 PM »
At this point, the man's skin turned a very dark gray, like a charred body, and the blades on one of his arms receded and came out the other, right through Chrono's foot, and caught the blade, just inches from his heart.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #757 on: November 09, 2010, 03:39:45 PM »
Dante didn't expect Lazaryos to be stabbed, or Chrono. He refused to kill the man, it wasn't in him, he crawled on top of to once again try and strangle him into unconsciousness. Hopefully it'd work this time and the fight would be over, he figured the others couldn't refuse medical treatment which also made him know he needed to live. At the very least he would bleed on him. He was likely going to get stabbed, and probably looked like an idiot, along with getting in the way.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #758 on: November 10, 2010, 02:11:49 AM »
Ember rolled her eyes at Dante's attempt to subdue the human and not kill him. "You have got to be kidding me..." She groaned as she moved closer. "If you do it that way, he's just going to wake up eventually and come after us again." As she stood there next to Chrono, she raised her left hand, readying to burn their enemy. "Anybody else want to do this, or do I have to?"

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #759 on: November 11, 2010, 06:48:24 AM »
He wasn't knocked very far away, but it did make him go off balance to the point where it took him a moment to recover before he could charge back into the fray. "When he dies, don't touch the armor!" he called out as he charged in again to deliver a kill-stroke with Chrono, hoping to make sure that the others would separate themselves from the Cursed Armor-bearer. "You don't want that madness to consume you as well!" were the last words he called out to the others as he swung his blade, aiming for the side of the neck of the human to deliver attempt a quick-kill and yet intentionally making the strike from the side to avoid the others in the process.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #760 on: November 11, 2010, 04:15:56 PM »
The feline from their last encounter jumped in out of nowhere and kicked Dante aside just before blades shot out of his neck. She swung the naginata around, the blade flashing a powerful white, and severed the blade that went through Chrono's foot and ran the blade into the man's neck. Vosur's blade struck down on top of that, giving the naginata enough additional force to run right through, killing the man. The hilt on the man's neck began to inch out, and she grabbed it, wrapping it in a rune-covered cloth. "It was the sword. Someone who's been possessed by the armour can't remove it like he did. You might want to tend to the others, particularly the tiger. I'm going to say that he has about 2 minutes to live." She then grabbed the scythe and wrapped it just like the sword and stuffed them both into a large satchel. "My job here is done. Your friend is free from his curse and that's one more weak vessel to rid from this stupid rumor."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #761 on: November 12, 2010, 01:07:10 AM »
Ember moved out of the way when she saw the feline coming. She was glad that Lazaryos was rid of that wretched scythe and also glad the human was done away with. "See." She said, looking over at Dante who had been kicked aside. "It's not that hard." She pulled the piece of meat she had been eating before the battle out of the pocket on her bag and tore a section from it then gestured to Lazaryos. "You might want to really hustle and heal him though." She remarked while chewing the meat in her mouth. "We still need him around."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #762 on: November 12, 2010, 01:41:00 AM »
Chrono gently tugged and pulled the tentacle loose so the blades wouldn't pull out more flesh as it scrapped against the insides of his foot. He hopped himself over to a small hill of sand so he could keep his foot out of the sand. Upon closer inspection, it seemed that the hole was not as big as he thought, nor did it hurt nearly as much as he thought it would. "I can wait, the blood flow seems to have slowed down..." Soon after he spoke the markings on his body started to fade, and he let out a rather high screech of pain.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #763 on: November 12, 2010, 03:32:39 AM »
Dante recovered from the feline's kick quick enough to see the man killed. He was upset about it but had more pressing matters to attend to. Those being Lazaryos. He was upset with Ember too about her snide comment and her blatant disregard for life. He said nothing, got up, grabbed his cross and made his way quickly to Lazaryos. The thought of just leaving him to die crossed his mind, it would just be putting another killer back on the planet. But if he did, he would be no better. He wedged his cross into the ground next to Lazaryos as he was lying there and knelt down beside him. He put his hands together for a moment and pulled them apart, they began to glow a pale green color. Dante then began to move them slowly over the more serious wounds in his torso. It was likely very painful due to the extensive injury. The wound slowly began to close up under his hands, the flesh stitching itself back together under Dante's hands. Once finished here Dante would likely offer the others another chance to be healed, he too needed healing but his injuries weren't as life threatening. Several minutes had passed with Dante continuously healing Lazaryos' sever injury. He finished it up and stopped, leaving his more minor injuries. He then dragged him closer to his cross and sat him against it then sat on the other side of it himself. "If you were injured sit down with me..." He sounded a bit glum and looked down as he spoke.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #764 on: November 12, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »
Vosur was reeling for a moment from what had just happened, turning his back away from most of the group to swipe the air ritualistically to sling off any blood that was on his blade, then resheathed the weapon and belted it before he started to dig a hole nearby human in the sand, just making it large enough to completely bury the body before he pushed both parts of the body into the makeshift grave and starting to cover it up. By this point, he was a little worn out from the fight and the digging, but he didn't stop until the body was completely buried and then he almost slumped into a sitting position nearby as he was breathing heavily. "Even a maddened soul like yours deserves some respect of the dead..." he managed to speak out to the grave before his breathing started to calm down and getting up again to go find the food bags he was carrying.