The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66827 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #765 on: November 12, 2010, 02:29:11 PM »
Lazaryos let out loud roars of pain as Dante healed him. It was indeed exceptionally painful, the most painful thing in his life. Even being run through by 7 whip swords and them yanking out of him wasn't as painful as this. However, in a matter of a minute, he went straight into shock and passed out. In his mind's eye, all his saw were images of Ember and her image fading away each time she turned to look at him.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #766 on: November 12, 2010, 03:51:27 PM »
Ember jumped slightly when Chrono let out a screech of pain out of the blue, not expecting it since he had been talking so calmly. She finished eating the piece of meat while she watched as Dante healed Lazaryos. His roars of pain hurt her ears but she also felt a twinge of pain because of it that wasn't in her ears. She checked herself out when Dante said to sit with him if any of them were injured but her only injury was the wound in her shoulder from the arrow from their run-in with the Guild. Unwrapping her shoulder, she burned the cloth then took another scrap of cloth out of her bag and re-wrapped her shoulder.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #767 on: November 13, 2010, 11:30:58 PM »
Chrono was finally able to move his body after the build-up of suppressed pain finally faded. He was able to get back on his un-injured foot and hop his way over to the cross and simply falling on his butt while keeping his damaged foot into the air. He was hardly registering Lazaryos' screams, letting his mind put together the information on cursed weapons, and also seeing if what the cat did to her cursed weapons had applied to Lazaryos' knowledge of cursed weapons.

Well, the cursed weapons require a strong spirit to remain dominant, and if the 'Tear' of legend truly tests those for the will to dominate... Then it would make some logical sense for someone that has control over all the weapons to be seen as a candidate for the 'tear'. But, the feat alone is so maddening that its probably not worth the power/immortality in the long-run. Well, theres definatly a chance if the user has aquired Mana. Eh~ I'm overthinking this, these nut-jobs can't even control themselves once they get the weapons. I seriously doubt they have the ability to put two and two together and focus on the Mana rather than wayward cursed-weapon weilders. He was about to continue his thought process when the pain in his foot flared as the wind blew over the opening.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #768 on: November 14, 2010, 02:52:11 AM »
Dante put his hands together and began to concentrate. Soon enough his cross began to emanate a light green aura which slowly grew larger creating a dome around the three near the cross. Inside the dome of light everyone's wounds were slowly healing, the pain was merely that of being stuck with a needle, aside from Chrono's foot. It felt as if it were dipped in lava. But after a time the hole slowly closed, leaving nothing but what was originally there. Same as for Lazaryos, no scars, the fur even grew back. After a few minutes he pulled his hands apart causing the dome to dissipate. After which he let out a deep breath and slumped over tired. That was largest spell he used in some time.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #769 on: November 14, 2010, 05:25:20 AM »
He looked back on the group as they were being healed, keeping an eye out for any more attackers. "Sorry Padre, in this case it was either him or one of us... and who knows how many lives he has taken and would probably continue to take if he got hold of that scythe." he spoke with a shrug before he saw Dante slump over from exhaustion. Instinct would've made him rush in, but he definitely saw Dante breathing, which reassured him and allowed him to keep his ground. "Guess we're not going to get too far like this. It would be better if we start moving about at night time instead of during the day to conserve water."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #770 on: November 14, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »
Ember watched as Dante healed the three of them with little interest. The idea of waiting around longer until they could get moving again didn't sit well with her because she was feeling restless but she knew there was nothing she could do about it. As a way to keep herself moving, she started to walk in wide circles around the group. As she walked she surveyed their surroundings and watched out for anyone or anything that might try to attack them.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #771 on: November 14, 2010, 06:36:04 PM »
Chrono grabbed his foot when he felt the intense pain, gritting his teeth to keep from letting out another screech. Luckily, the pain ended as the hole that was previously the center of his foot was now repaired and didn't even scar like he expected a healing spell to do. He put his foot down and let out a sigh as the spell did nothing to fix the hole in his boot, only fix what would have usually been a crippling injury. "Remind me to get self-repairing armor after this is over, this hole is going to be a future annoyance when blood starts flying everywhere."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #772 on: November 14, 2010, 08:33:44 PM »
Dante got up, dusting himself off and stretching. "I don't think anyone has the right to take the life of another...There was another way...I just couldn't see it in time..." He grabbed Lazaryos and hoisted him up over his shoulder, doing the same with his cross after. He held Lazaryos over his left shoulder while holding his cross as if it were a bat over his right shoulder. The spell took a bit out of him but nothing too much to carry the two heavy things. Dante may look weak but he was actually quite strong, which was becoming visible due to his muscular physique starting to show. He was normally more careless and casual, but he saw now he was going to have to be more serious as they got closer to the Mana.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #773 on: November 16, 2010, 05:20:09 AM »
"I wish that were true, but I can't possibly risk that type of thinking yet." he said with an exhaled sigh as he slung the bags over his shoulders. "If that cat-woman and he were right about these Cursed Weapons and he would've gotten it, then I don't think we would've fared very well even if that cat-woman were helping us further than what she did. Who knows how long he's had that armor and how much control it had over his mind?" He had stopped speaking, going through the battle over and over in his mind as he started to walk with them. "You are not at fault and you did what you could to try to allow him to live. Even I tried to get a peaceful resolution to this, but he did not wish for it to end that way. And so I figure a quick death would keep us alive."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #774 on: November 16, 2010, 01:12:37 PM »
Lazaryos groaned as he came to, just being able to hear Vosur's little speech, "It wasn't his armor that was cursed. It was that bloody whip sword of his. Like that chameleon lightning Mage we've fought twice already, he's completely consumed by his weapon." He tried to move, but all his muscles were sore, especially his entire torso. (Long string of curses and profanities that will make a sailor's ears bleed.)

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #775 on: November 16, 2010, 03:41:39 PM »
Ember's circling stopped when Dante decided not to follow Vosur's advice and instead picked up Lazaryos and started to walk onward. Walking at the head of the group, she surveyed their surroundings. She rolled her eyes when Vosur mentioned the armor and it controlling the human's mind when the feline had already said that it was the sword, if it hadn't been proof already when the human had removed the top piece of the armor when Cursed Weapons couldn't be removed. When Lazaryos came to and reiterated that it was the sword, she chuckled to herself.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #776 on: November 18, 2010, 01:21:38 AM »
Chrono just watched the scene before him, then looked at Lazaryos. "So, the scythe is gone. Now all that remains is for 'fat-cat' here to get a new staff or get good at shooting lightning from his fingertips. That, or we can continue to lick our wounds and contemplate why we can't seem to get an edge until that fur-ball shows up and turns the tide." Chrono picked up the pace and was now at the front of the group, conveniently forgetting about the armor he could have obtained from the dead normal's body...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 02:42:42 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #777 on: November 18, 2010, 02:22:08 AM »
Dante listened to Lazaryos' moans of pain, figuring it was from him trying to move. "Yeah, you should probably not try to move...You're going to be sore for awhile." "And how about showing a little gratitude for saving your life! Hmmmm!?" he said shaking him on his shoulder. "At least Vosur said thanks and I only fixed his sprained ankle, ahahahahaha!" Dante seemed more carefree all of a sudden. But it was all a well played act as he wanted to hide his depressed attitude.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:17:14 AM by Srgntcuddles »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #778 on: November 18, 2010, 07:57:43 AM »
He gave a dog-like grumbling at being corrected, still having gone it over and over in his mind as the weapons the human was using seemed to come from the armor in the recollection. But hearing upon Dante's referral to his gratitude during the fight with the guild, he stopped and gave a slight smirk. "Well, it's probably less than a lack of gratitude than he's hurting worse than he's ever felt before in his life. I remember my first experience with healing spells, although I was glad to recover so quickly with it, they did have new priests to learn how to heal using me that day." he said in a slight laugh. "But Chrono is right, we may have a problem if you can't use your spells easily without your staff or a proper replacement. I may not know exactly what constitutes a good staff useful for your power, but I have heard that the wrong materials or wrong construct hinders the power or causes it to backfire if the mage isn't too careful." Vosur spoke in a curious tone to Lazaryos, tilting his head to the side as he was somewhat lost in thought, though his eyes didn't leave the direction they were going. "So among the group the Guild was guiding, was there a mage with a staff that you might be able to use?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #779 on: November 18, 2010, 12:05:42 PM »
Lazaryos sighed as he listened to Vosur, ignoring Chrono's snide comments, "I technically don't need the staff, it was more for looks anyways. What's really important is that someone go back and grab my topaz. I remember it sliding out of the scythe before I threw it and lost consciousness. You may not know it, kid, but a Mage only uses a staff as a convenience. It's the gem they carry of their affinity that matters. So any volunteers on heading back to get my topaz?"