The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66826 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #780 on: November 18, 2010, 04:57:23 PM »
Ember examined the ruby in her staff while both Chrono and Vosur spoke, though she rolled her eyes at the "shoot lightning from his fingertips" comment. "Shows what normals know..." When Lazaryos started his response, she finally took her eyes off of the ruby. "I'll do it." She responded to Lazaryos' question of who would go back and get his topaz then turned on her heel and headed back in the direction they came from.

Ten minutes later, she came back to the group as they were still walking. Her left arm was swinging at her side with the topaz in her hand. "Got it." She said and tossed the topaz in the air, catching it again in her left hand when it came back down.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #781 on: November 23, 2010, 09:34:55 AM »
He looked as Ember left to retrieve the gem, continuing the walk with the others until she caught up with them, which her sudden catch-up made him react by putting his hand on the hilt of his sword, then relaxing upon seeing her again. "Well, guess that settles the issue of how well you'll be able to do in a fight, but hopefully we'll find a staff that will fit this jewel so it'll be easier on you." he said as he turned to Lazaryos, then glanced towards Ember to let her know he was talking to her before turning back to make sure he didn't run into anyone or anything in the process of speaking. "And as for your look to us before you went to retrieve the topaz... Fair enough. My wife didn't exactly teach me much behind Majicka. Ruby didn't start to think about me learning to use it until her father refused to give me his blessing with the statement of 'when this Normal can use Majicka will I accept him into our family'. The lessons she had been taught speak of only one time where a normal held Majicka, and that was with the use of Mana. So yes, I am ignorant of some of the basic lessons you Mages have been taught, but it is not by choice." he ultimately admitted, running his fingertips to wipe a bit of sweat from his cheek, feeling the scars from their fight with the Guild.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #782 on: November 24, 2010, 12:21:21 AM »
Lazaryos nodded a thanks to Ember as she handed him his topaz. He sighed as he was carried the rest of the day. Lazaryos had closed his eyes and let himself rest, hopefully giving his body enough of his energy to heal up. He wasn't the least bit happy with each time that he emerged to consciousness, feeling exceptionally sore all over, but he would just close his eyes again and fall out of consciousness. The final time he awoke was the next morning. Lazaryos stretched a bit and groaned as he pulled the topaz out of his cloak. Damned healing Mage, laying me on my back with my topaz running up my ass.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #783 on: November 24, 2010, 12:57:03 AM »
Ember had handed Lazaryos his topaz with a nod in response to his thank-you nod. When Vosur glanced at her, she caught his look so she paid attention. As he started to explain why he didn't understand much a magic-users, she listened, surprised that he had seen her roll her eyes before but not bothered that he had. She nodded while still walking after he finished speaking. She understood that he just hadn't been taught about magic-users but it didn't make a good excuse in her opinion. She hadn't been taught about how Normals were but she still knew that some at least had basic fighting skills and weren't just idiots who got through fights with dumb luck. Surveying their surroundings, she continued to look out for threats as she resumed her spot walking at the front of the group.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #784 on: November 24, 2010, 11:56:15 PM »
Chrono listened to Vosur, slowing down just a little so he could hear him better, then returned to his normal distance after it was quiet again. It took awhile for him to realize the difference between his clan and practically every other mage in existance. "If majicka is a part of the body, then why is it so hard to have your hands weave the element? Its not that much more dangerous than using a gem that could explode if something went wrong..."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #785 on: November 25, 2010, 12:16:32 AM »
Dante was still fast asleep when morning rolled around, he had to be the hardest sleeper know to man. He was also difficult to wake considering you couldn't just slap the crap out of him. It would probably take a bit of shouting in his ear or other loud noises to get him up. As he was laying there he rolled over and began cuddling with his cross as it too was lying next to him as he slept. To top it all off he was drooling too.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #786 on: November 25, 2010, 05:26:21 AM »
When they had set up camp, he passed around the remaining pieces of the cooked meat and went out to go hunt as he had done every dusk so far. The results of this hunt was rather meager due to the terrain, only managing to catch enough desert owls for everyone to have two each, but they were young ones. He returned back to camp to clean and smoke the owls as he was anticipating the hunting to become more and more scarce along the way, no longer resorting to cooking them regularly as he tried to preserve them as best as he could. His sleep was as restless as ever, being one of the last to fall asleep and one of the first to be woken up.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #787 on: November 25, 2010, 09:45:02 PM »
When they set up camp, Ember rolled out her sleeping mat as usual. She laid down on it with her bag under her head as a pillow. She fell asleep rather quickly since she had walked more than anyone by going back to get Lazaryos' topaz. The next morning, she woke up at around the same time that Lazaryos was groaning. When she got up, she rolled up her mat again and attached it to her bag. She glanced over seeing that Vosur was up then looked at Dante and remembered how difficult it was to wake him up. A smile crept up on her face as she walked over to Dante where he was cuddling with his cross. When she reached him, she crouched down and proceeded to cover his nose with her hand so he couldn't breathe through it, believing that it would be the easiest way to wake him up.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #788 on: November 27, 2010, 01:58:23 AM »
When he went to the camp, Chrono sat down, and casually looked around for any weapons just sticking out of the ground. It seemed a crazy idea to himself, which is why he kept repeating to himself: Just because it seems crazy, does not mean it can't happen! until he went to sleep from his vigilance failing him. Upon waking he noticed Ember attempting to wake the cleric by cutting off the air supply to his nose. It almost seemed to work except that since the cleric didn't feel that much in pain when being stabbed or slashed, how could he 'know' if he needs to breathe?
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #789 on: November 27, 2010, 06:44:59 PM »
When Ember put her hand over Dante's nose it was about a minute until he choked and gasped for air. He also snored a bit before waking up. He then sat up, not really noticing Ember was next to him preventing him from breathing. After sitting up he yawned, stretched and rubbed his eyes. "G'morning..." he mumbled. Dante yawned again and looked around, spotting Ember next to him. He looked at her for a moment and then to where he was lying down. He was curious as to why she was where he was sleeping, before he could think of a more logical reason he turned back to Ember and said "Were you sleeping with me?"

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #790 on: November 27, 2010, 10:55:50 PM »
Vosur had fully packed up when he saw Ember wake up Dante, somewhat-hesitant and yet at-the-ready when he saw her cover his nose. The way Dante awoke made him slightly laugh though, relaxing his stance as he looked up to the fire mage and started to pack up the food in preparation to get on the move again. "Think fast!" he called out to Ember and Dante, tossing them a smoked desert owl each. "It won't do us any good if you don't have anything to eat." He then turned towards Chrono and Lazaryos, tossing them both a smoked desert-owl each as well. "Last night's hunt didn't go so well, so I may end up with an empty bag before we set up camp again."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #791 on: November 28, 2010, 02:56:15 PM »
Lazaryos' eyes flared at Dante's question and lightning sparked from his arm and he shot a stream of bolts straight into Dante's body. He may not be able to feel it, but Lazaryos was happy enough to watch that body involuntarily twitch and spasm. Lazaryos then made his way out from the group huddle and walked up ahead a bit and looked at his hands. That's right. I nearly died the other day. Free from that damned curse. He looked up a bit, not really looking, but still asked aloud. "What's become of the scythe and our little friend?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #792 on: November 28, 2010, 08:15:40 PM »
Ember had pulled her hand away when Dante finally choked and gasped for air, the smirk still on her face.  The smirk didn't last long though because of Dante's question. As soon as he asked if she had been sleeping with him, her expression turned to one of utter disgust. As if on cue, Lazaryos shot the lightning into Dante's body. She glanced at Lazaryos who had already made his way out of the group then barely glanced toward Vosur before catching both owls that were tossed at them. Finally she looked back at Dante. "Are you kidding me? Why would I sleep with you?" She scoffed. "I was just doing what I believed to be the easiest way to wake you up, cutting off your oxygen. It's better than hollering at you and attracting unwanted attention." She dropped one of the owls on him then turned and walked away toward Lazaryos, tearing a big bite out of the owl with her sharp teeth before stuffing the rest of it into her bag.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #793 on: November 29, 2010, 12:15:52 AM »
Chrono caught the owl in his left hand, and tearing off little bits while looking completely unconcerned for what was going on. "The cat ran off with the scythe and sword, and the body is rotting in a hole that Vosur dug. Anything more and you'll have to ask the fire mage or cleric." Chrono started streching his legs and swinging his arms about as he waited for everyone to get up.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #794 on: November 29, 2010, 04:19:56 PM »
Dante didn't see the attack from Lazaryos, rather just get hit. He twitched and fell back over, smoking slightly as Ember dropped the owl on him. "Eugh..." he blurted out along with a puff of smoke. "I think a rain storm is coming!" he said shooting back up. A bit of residual lightning was still buzzing about on his hand before it faded. He coughed again before noticing the owl. Ember had walked off and he didn't hear what she had said, clearly that is.