The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66824 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #810 on: December 09, 2010, 01:07:47 AM »
Ember had been laying on her stomach on her sleeping mat watching the fire when Lazaryos dove toward it suddenly. She immediately sprang up from the ground when she saw him doing this and heard the sound of the crack of lightning in the air. After getting to her feet, she saw multiple trees split in half by the lightning and go crashing toward the ground as the familiar chameleon appeared. Quickly, she dove out of the way of one half of a tree that fell toward her then got to her feet again, ready to fight.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #811 on: December 10, 2010, 10:20:50 PM »
Chrono was once again looking for a weapon as Lazaryos made the fire, and came back once again not getting a single weapon. He joined Ember in watching the fire, starting to have more flashbacks going off in his head since he had no person or thing he could focus on without feeling awkward or uneasy. Luckily his boredom was cured as he heard the crack of lightning and lifted his head up and turned a little to the left to see the chameleon mage from earlier. "None of us have a cursed item, why is he still bothering us?!" He got up and drew his blade, unaware of his still-glowing tattoos.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #812 on: December 11, 2010, 04:32:19 AM »
Dante was still lying a ways from the group when he heard the commotion. He got up and looked towards it, he was a little ways from them, he hoped to sneak up on what ever was going on. He grabbed his and stealthily crept over, when he saw the chameleon he ran up like an idiot ruining his element of surprise. "Hyyyyyah!" he shouted swinging his cross at him. His efforts were likely to fail but he wasn't the best planner of things.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #813 on: December 11, 2010, 08:39:13 AM »
He had recently gotten back from a hunt when he saw the flash of light from the lightning striking a tree near the camp. Dropping the catch and rushing in to check on the others, he almost skidded to a halt in the soft soil, noticing the chameleon. He knew that the chameleon would most likely be distracted with Dante's attack, so he tried to move around behind the chameleon's field of view or as well as he could due to the light coming from the flaming tree. He'd probably have the best chance out of the whole group to avoid detection due to his black-clothing in the shadows of the night scenery, though his hair and his tail would be dead give-aways if they were to show. As he closed the distance between himself and the chameleon, he pulled his sword and sheath off his belt with his right hand and put his hand on the hilt as he prepared to strike the chameleon from behind, but as silently as he possibly could.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #814 on: December 11, 2010, 03:54:44 PM »
The Chameleon parried the cross with minimal effort and kicked him back. The sword then moved on its own accord and blocked Vosur's attack with lightning sparking from the blade and transferring to through Vosur's blade, into Vosur. Lazaryos took the opportunity and clenched his fist hard and simulated throwing a ball, sending a blade of lightning towards the chameleon. It was a bit weird not having a staff, having to channel his Majicka through the topaz in his other hand, and then re-channeling it back through his body to the attacking hand, so it was barely enough to push at the chameleon's back.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #815 on: December 12, 2010, 12:36:29 AM »
Ember watched what everyone else did as attacks and shook her head at Dante's attack. She would have actually laughed at it, but she didn't have the time. She charged up the ruby in her staff then sent about six fire boomerangs at the chameleon. As the fire boomerangs flew at their target from different directions, she prepared another attack as a long "rope" of fire started coming out from her ruby. The fire whip was about ten feet long and she began whipping it around to get accustomed to it since she hadn't used this move in quite some time and made sure to avoid hitting anyone on her "team".

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #816 on: December 12, 2010, 03:07:16 AM »
The chameleon scoffed at the mere hit and kicked Vosur aside, swinging the blade with a long trail of lightning to deflect the fireballs, but was frustrated and angered when it was strung up by the fire-whip.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #817 on: December 14, 2010, 06:01:38 PM »
Ember smirked when she caught the chameleon's sword in her fire-whip. She hadn't expected to catch the chameleon up in it but to have it as more of a distraction so the result kind of surprised her. Since she had the chameleon's sword caught up though, she tugged hard in one direction. She thought that maybe if she got him off-balance then maybe somebody could take that opportunity to take him down.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #818 on: December 15, 2010, 03:54:13 PM »
The chameleon used the pull to launch himself up towards her, reaching out as he landed and grabbed Ember by the throat. He clenched hard and picked her up by her neck. "Sorry, my dear, but I kill indiscriminately. Say goodbye."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #819 on: December 15, 2010, 05:43:39 PM »
It took him a few moments to recover from the shock, only to get kicked aside so easily. "Mpf, can't do a direct attack with that blade guarding him..." he muttered to himself, seeing the chameleon tug Ember towards himself and lift her up off the ground. He knew he didn't have much time and this chance would only present itself once in a lifetime. Grabbing three of the venom-coated cards from his pouch, he stood himself upright as he took aim, one card for the wrist holding Ember, one card aiming for the hips, and the last aiming for the ribs. Shaking a little of the electricity off, he took his aim and let them fly towards their aimed destinations.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #820 on: December 15, 2010, 08:08:51 PM »
The first card hit the chameleon's wrist, dead center, causing him to drop Ember, and pull it out, while the others hit his armor, as they protected him again with his arms back down, his lower rib and belly no longer exposed. He looked at the card he pulled out of his wrist and immediately collapsed after a couple more seconds, "You son of a bitch." Lazaryos took the opportunity and jumped on top of the chameleon to pin him and pressed an open hand on the chameleon's throat in anger for his attempt on Ember's life, Majicka already charging and lightning visible. "You really are stupid aren't you?" The sword arm quickly swung up, aiming to impale Lazaryos' arm, but stopped short, hitting a field of lightning. "No, hatchling, you are." However, the more he charged his Majicka, the intensity from the sword increased, "You know that the curse will always protect the host until at death." Lazaryos grunted as he redirected Majicka to his shield, trying to keep his arm, "Chrono, get off your ass and help out!"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #821 on: December 16, 2010, 12:50:41 AM »
Chrono stopped giving off a glow as his tattoos faded from being too listless during the fight. Yet he was able to regain his awareness when he heard Lazaryos yell again. "Finally, something other than 'hatchling'!!" He grabbed the handle with both hands while seeming to charge straight towards the chameleon, only to hop into its blind-spot and strike for the head.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #822 on: December 16, 2010, 01:15:21 AM »
The chameleon's sword glowed bright and shot Lazaryos off of him, and swung around to block Chrono's strike. The sword then laid flat onto his chest and then shocked the chameleon to sit upright. The sword dug into the ground to help him get up. It then glowed as it swung upward towards Chrono, lightning trailing behind it. "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU ALL DO! YOU CANNOT KILL ME!"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #823 on: December 16, 2010, 01:22:58 AM »
Chrono retaliated by swatting the sword away by hitting the side of the blade with his own, by then the tattoos had come back and some of the mana went into his sword. It kept his blade from being damaged by the lightning, as well as put some extra kick into the swing. The moment the blade moved away Chrono adjusted his hands to have his right hand push the sword down after his left hand turned it to have the blade face the chameleon.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #824 on: December 16, 2010, 01:41:22 AM »
The lightning from the blade coursed through Chrono's arm and forced his body to seize up before the blade reached the chameleon. He then finally got up and picked Chrono up, throwing him towards the oncoming Dante. He then turned his blade towards Vosur, extending the blade's length in a horizontal slash.