The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66822 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #855 on: December 31, 2010, 03:42:39 AM »
Chrono didn't sleep, as his gaze was directed at the sky once again as he watched the occasional flash. The magika in the distance made him nostalgic for his former home, and for the relatives and siblings that he had left behind to escape his father's prejudice. Just a few more days... only a few more days... I'll have his head in a few more days, that much I can promise you Uncle...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #856 on: December 31, 2010, 06:50:36 AM »
Dante once again slept like a rock. However he managed to wake up without help this time, mostly because he couldn't sleep all that well. He walked along listening to the distant sounds of fighting, which made him think about the things to come. "I hope my plan works...It has to...I have to get the Mana to help the world...I don't even know what kinda of things others would do with it. Maybe I can even give Vosur powers...I-...Why does "You traitor" come to mind when I think of him...Iunno...Hmm...I feel the sudden urge to hit him as well...Odd. I thought we were getting along well enough. Damn this Mana, it's getting to my head..."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #857 on: December 31, 2010, 08:30:42 AM »
Dreamless as always, his night went by without too much of a problem other than the event that conspired to make him have to go hunt again. Vosur ended up waking up rather early too, gathering up the food and the make-shift packs from the gazelle skins, having a little trouble due to the awkwardness, but definitely making sure not to get left behind. The scents of battle: scorched dirt, sulfur, burning metal, burning wood, and even blood were all becoming more and more apparent to him. If he didn't know any better, he would think that there was a very big war going on nearby them. He tried to shrug off the feeling of anticipation, knowing how close they were to their main goal: the Mana. But his mind would wander back to seeing the Guild's leader, and then possibly to see Ruby's father if he were making the pilgrimage as well.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #858 on: December 31, 2010, 02:32:21 PM »
Lazaryos awoke early the next morning, well before twilight, or at least while the moon was still out. High level spells and the sound of weapons were still ringing in the air, So it's finally come to this. So we're finally going to enter Blue Crimson. For the first time, Lazaryos himself left the group to get some food. He let his animal instincts take over him for a little while and jumped another gazelle within the forested portion near the river. Lazaryos snapped the gazelle's neck after landing on it, though he probably didn't need to, due to his weight. He dragged the carcass back to the camp and woke everyone up, just around sunrise. "Come on, get up. We need to eat heartily. We'll make it to Blue Crimson by noon."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #859 on: December 31, 2010, 05:12:01 PM »
Ember got up when Lazaryos woke her and took care of her things. She sat there in the sand thinking about things. She could hear the fighting in the distance and after a bit of sitting there it was all that she could hear. The sound got louder and filled her mind. She couldn't help but think about her nightmares and the fact that it was weird that killing the others actually was a bad thought to her. "Of all the times to grow a conscience..." She thought to herself.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #860 on: January 01, 2011, 02:48:35 AM »
Chrono sifted his claws through the gray sand, only napping for a few hours since he hadn't exerted as much as usual. Chrono sat near the carcass, and held out his claws as if expecting to eat the meat raw. "So is the plan to go and plow through the Crimson, or just try to avoid any fighting to begin with?" It personally sounded like something he would get shocked for by the tiger mage, but it helped to make sure he was on the same page as said 'leader'.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #861 on: January 02, 2011, 06:14:41 PM »
Dante was still fast asleep when Lazaryos came back with food. He remained that way for awhile until the smell of it slowly woke him up. Groggily he rubbed his eyes and looked around. A yawn escaped his mouth as he stretched, however he stretched so hard he fell back over. He just laid there awhile, listening to the ambient sounds of fighting in the distance. He sneezed, then sighed and got back up. He didn't say anything however, still a bit tired as well as being lost in thought.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #862 on: January 02, 2011, 10:07:51 PM »
He had already eaten a little of the gazelle that he and Dante got last night, looking up to Lazaryos when he put the gazelle nearby. "If we eat too much all at once, we're going to be slow and sluggish." he spoke, shifting a bit. "Might be best to eat little by little on the move." Adjusting his clothing and gear for better fit, Vosur looked around to the others as he prepared to get on the trail again. He was starting to get anxious at thinking of the destination getting closer, but more so with the possibilities of who he'd see along the way. "This'll be something odd to ask you, Lazaryos, but did you recognize any of the Rampart clan members among the Guild members?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #863 on: January 03, 2011, 12:24:11 AM »
Lazaryos gave a little look at Vosur at his little suggestion on the food, "Who the hell said that this gazelle was for the group? You got more than enough over there. It's only a couple hours away. Once there, we won't have the luxury of eating." He then turned his attention to Chrono, "We won't be able to get too close to the mountain unless we went through the middle of that hellzone. With all the fighting we've had recently, I'm pretty sure Ember and I's Majicka should have increased substantially, particularly since I was on the brink of death, but something still just doesn't sit right with me. I can't put my finger on it." Lazaryos ran a strong course of electricity through one of the fallen trees and lit it on fire. He then threw the gazelle on top of it, turning back to Vosur to answer his question, "As a matter of fact, I did... my brothers and I, though I will say, for the record, not quite what you would expect, them being predominantly foxes."
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 05:26:05 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #864 on: January 03, 2011, 02:28:54 AM »
Ember looked at everyone else and slowly tuned into what was going on, the noises of battle fading in her mind back to the normal level that everyone else could hear them at. She listened to what was being said when she could finally actually hear what was being said. Lazaryos' answer to Vosur's question didn't make sense to her and for once she looked confused about something. "Wait a minute..." She said and looked up at Lazaryos. "What are you talking about?" It didn't make sense to her so she hoped that he wouldn't avoid the question so she could understand.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #865 on: January 07, 2011, 01:12:45 AM »
Chrono grumbled when Lazaryos talked about Majicka increasing. "There better be some good swords out there when we get into the thick of it, sick of using a single sword when I trained for two!! I'll even settle for a broadsword if I can use both arms again!" He continued to look annoyed for all of three minutes, then he got somber as he looked at the sky again, his eyes focused on the daylight moon...
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 01:15:44 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #866 on: January 07, 2011, 06:09:27 PM »
"Ember, I had only seen and spoke to my wife's parents. I'm rather curious if I'm going to be having to fight my in-laws when it comes down to it." he spoke as he was shifting about, trying to make sure that the equipment he had on wouldn't slip after his adjustment. "As Lazaryos mentioned before, they are also fire mages and even though they may not get directly into the fight, they may prove more than a handful when they do." Vosur looked to Chrono who was showing his aggravation. "Heh, if I were to have my old forge and enough iron, I'd make you a pair of high-quality weapons myself." he spoke with a slight laughter, pausing and looking to Lazaryos again as he realized what was said. Vosur stopped his motion and dropped the gear he had in hand, immediately grabbing Lazaryos by the collar and pushing him to a tree. "Were you in on the plan?"
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 01:37:04 AM by Vosur »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #867 on: January 09, 2011, 01:08:20 AM »
Lazaryos snorted and grabbed Vosur's hand, sending a shock powerful enough to make his muscles spasm to let Lazaryos go. "No, that was long after my brothers and I left. Being a lightning Mage, it's easy to know why I did, but my brothers were actually very welcomed and in high standing there. But I do remember your in-laws very well. I've even met your wife once when she was a child. However, be warned. Your in-laws will be there, but we have the problem of dealing with my brothers. The first one you met, he's a cub compared to my eldest brother. Malle rejoined the clan after the three of us parted ways. I sought after knowledge, Kratos pursued strength, but Malle desired power over anything else, and went back to the clan. HE might have had a dealing with your wife, but beyond that, I have no clue. Your in-laws may be the clan heads, but I can guarantee you that Malle is the one pulling the strings. There's more to your wife's murder than you think. She must have known a secret, that's the only thing I can think of."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #868 on: January 09, 2011, 01:53:13 AM »
Ember was about to protest that she hadn't been questioning Vosur and had, in fact, been questioning Lazaryos when Lazaryos grabbed Vosur's hand and sent a shock through it. She listened to his whole explanation as her eyes shifted back and forth between the two of them. As she ran her eyes over them, she started to notice Lazaryos more. She realized this and shook her head slightly. Glancing over at Chrono and then Dante, she wondered what they thought about the whole thing. Her eyes then wandered to the fire with the gazelle cooking on top of it as a way to occupy herself so she stopped looking at Lazaryos so much.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #869 on: January 10, 2011, 12:12:12 AM »
Dante watched as Vosur took Lazaryos by the throat and took him to a tree. He stood up about the time he was shocked. "Ugh...More fighting...I don't even..." He stood there, hand on the handle of his cross as it was stuck into the ground. The wind blew, catching a whiff of blood on the air Dante cringed a little. The thought of all the violence annoyed him, but he thought of his intentions. It was violence as well, but less harmful in a way. "Why did I go for this damned thing anyway...?"