The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66820 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #870 on: January 10, 2011, 03:45:28 AM »
Vosur involuntarily let-go of Lazaryos due to being forced by the electricity, but he stood his ground as adamantly as he could. "Then why did you not tell me any of this sooner?" He spoke, a very deep and quiet growl still in his voice as he looked at the tiger. "You mentioned of the Rampart clan as possibly being family to you... making us in-laws and less-likely of allies all in one fell-swoop. The last thing I need is a reason to possibly kill you for being a part of the cause for my state I'm in."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #871 on: January 10, 2011, 12:06:02 PM »
Lazaryos scoffed, "I consider them family less than you do, so don't get snippy with me. Also, I still don't give a damn whether you live or die. However, if there's a mutual understanding, I'll work with you. But don't think for a second I won't fry your innards with more than enough electricity to kill a dragon if you even think of attempting to kill me. Besides, why would I mention something that I have completely no hand in? I figured you'd be a good decoy for my brother so I can get revenge on that bastard for what he did to our parents. Now shut up and eat. I want to get there before sundown. Non-earth and non-wind-base magic users and Normals have an extreme disadvantages in nightfall.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #872 on: January 10, 2011, 04:07:19 PM »
The last part of what Lazaryos said caught Ember's attention. Removing her gaze from the gazelle on the fire, she looked toward Lazaryos again. "Gee, thanks a lot..." She snapped with sarcasm as she glared at him. She was a fire user after all and even though she was tough and powerful, she wasn't at full power when the sun was down. "At least I can still do hand-to-hand along with my lower power but that's not much help unless I can break necks or steal a sword from someone." She thought to herself, her gaze slowly lowering to the ground as she thought about things.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #873 on: January 11, 2011, 02:22:03 AM »
Chrono just continued to stare at the moon, blocking out all sounds and almost all five senses. He wasn't even aware of what was going through his mind as he stared towards the moon. In his eyes, the moon started to open up right where he was looking, then a dark red energy filled the opening to portray the iris of an eye. As Chrono continued to 'see' this fantasy going on, his markings started to glow again...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #874 on: January 12, 2011, 11:54:25 PM »
Dante sat back down, taking out a piece of meat from Vosur and eating it silently. From where he took it out from was a mystery; as there were no visible pockets on his person. "I should bring it up to him soon...If we're getting closer to our goal there won't be many more chances. I hope this plan works...And I pray to God I can reason with Vosur...The less I have to fight the better, I don't want to have to kill anyone...I just hope he will agree to help me."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #875 on: January 13, 2011, 12:45:53 AM »
"I only wish that our missions did not have any conflicting points." he quietly spoke to Lazaryos, making notice of what he said pertaining to Ruby having possibly found something. "If my beloved did find a clue, she may've kept a record of it. My guess is that they would have that book and we may need it. Sorry for the rough treatment, but the thing is that I struggle with the decision to take revenge for my love's lost-life, or to try to get her wish for me to become a mage by finding this Mana, or even just destroying the source of the Mana as a failsafe to the mission to prevent it from falling into the wrong hands." He turned away from the tiger and wandered away from him, exhaling as he watched Dante eat, then glancing back to Lazaryos again. "It's hard to know who to trust when you don't know exactly who may've been part of the reason for your sorrow, eh?"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #876 on: January 13, 2011, 02:27:42 PM »
Lazaryos turned and headed north a little to keep watch, "Sorrow comes with the loss of something precious, but those who wallow in it and never come out are the real ones who shouldn't be alive, cub. *turns to Ember* I'm not a wind-base user, so don't think I'm targeting everyone here. I use my magic, and everyone in the area will know where I am. So don't get snippy with me." He finally left the camp a ways to let the others eat so they can hike the rest of the way to Blue Crimson.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #877 on: January 13, 2011, 04:32:56 PM »
"I'm not a child!" Ember snapped at Lazaryos before he walked off. She absolutely hated being talked to like she was just some kid who had to obey others like they were her parents. She didn't feel hungry but she got some meat anyway. Her anger and frustration was taken out on the piece of meat as she tore a chunk off with her sharp teeth. She chewed it furiously like doing so would make her feel better, but of course it really didn't. Looking in the northern direction, she glared at Lazaryos' back. She unconsciously rolled her left shoulder, which definitely felt a lot better since it had healed. Swallowing, she then tore off another chunk of meat as she continued to glare in his direction. Her expression started to soften though and when she realized it she shook her head and looked at the ground as she continued to eat.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #878 on: January 14, 2011, 02:34:09 AM »
Chrono's markings got brighter as he was starting to give off nearly enough majicka to be considered a mage. His breathing became heavy and almost snort-like as his gaze remained on the dull moon in the sky. Parts of his memory that trauma had kept suppressed were beginning to surface again, stoking his already burning flame of fury. The worst moments were when he would see two memories unfolding at once: one where his father actually treated him like his own son, and the one where his father gave the order for all Tri'Malis clansmen to kill him on sight the next time he came back.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #879 on: January 14, 2011, 02:47:30 AM »
Dante turned to Vosur as he walked by. "Hey, Vosur. Know any card games with those things? Or tricks perhaps?" he said with a toothy grin. "Lazaryos is alone...If I could just get one of those cards from Vosur...I could..." "Surely you know something." he continued, trying to get Vosur to do something. He figured asking would make it too obvious, maybe slowly bringing up the subject he could get a coated card from him. And then he could try something.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #880 on: January 14, 2011, 02:54:23 AM »
Vosur raised his eyebrow at hearing Dante mention about the cards. "Sorry Padre, but all of these have only one 'face' on them... they are my trademark since I've had to use them before." he spoke, pulling out the venom-coated cards to check on them and apply a second coating from the venom-sac he had before tossing the sack away due to the deterioration of how long it's been in the pouch. "None of these cards are 'game-cards'... they're weapons." he spoke before he put them back into their appropriate pouch, turning away from him a bit as he went down to open the food-bags to make sure everything was in order. "I didn't think of you as a gambling-type though... I thought that was frowned upon by the Church?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #881 on: January 15, 2011, 02:31:00 AM »
As Ember chewed on a chunk of the meat, she finally noticed Chrono glowing brightly in her periphery. "What's with the light show?" She questioned to no one in particular as she turned her gaze toward Chrono. As she threw the last portion of the meat in her mouth and chewed it, her eyes moved to rest on Dante and Vosur. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she observed Dante asking Vosur about his cards. "He's been awfully clingy with Vosur lately, more than usual... I wonder what he's up to." She thought to herself as she watched them. "I better keep an eye on him." She watched them for a few more seconds as she finished chewing and swallowed before looking toward Chrono. Getting to her feet, she stretched then walked over to where he was laying in the sand. "Hey. What's the deal?" She said, nudging his arm with her foot.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #882 on: January 16, 2011, 03:45:26 AM »
When Ember nudged touched him with her foot, his closest arm snapped out and grabbed her calf muscle and would almost toss her away if he had not broken his gaze with the moon. But when he did, the 'lightshow' ended and his now gaping jaw shut itself as he left go and got up. "S-sorry... won't happen again..." He was rather suprised that he would lash out at someone that quickly, even if they were going to try killing him when they reached the Mana.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #883 on: January 16, 2011, 04:14:51 AM »
Dante sighed at the mention of the church. "I would guess so. But where'd you get the idea I was a priest? Surely not from this cross." he said standing up and hefting the cross over his shoulder. "Or my healing powers." he continued, playing with his cross necklace. "Are they hard to throw? The cards." Dante asked, watching him coat some more cards with the venom. "Have you ever licked your fingers after coating one of those?" he chuckled, noticing Ember looking at him out of the corner of his eye. When she got up he looked at her for a moment, then back to Vosur. "Women...They'll be the death of us all."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #884 on: January 16, 2011, 05:18:52 AM »
"Your clothing and demeanor show that you're not one to kill. Also, the cross and healing powers are just confirmation of a soul that is not tainted with the thoughts of murder. As for licking the venom, I've done something worse: I've bitten into a scorpion's tail. My tongue was numb for hours after that." he spoke as he pulled out one of his regular cards to give to Dante for him to feel. "They're not like regular cards, they have weight to them, so they are a little difficult to throw until you get the right feel for them. They are also sharp, so you may want to be careful."