The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66819 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #885 on: January 16, 2011, 05:23:51 PM »
Lazaryos began feeling extremely impatient and walked back to the edge of camp growling, "Let's get a move on already. We get there any later than past high noon, and we might not live long enough to break past." He began grumbling to himself as he walked back up to his lookout up north, "Bloody youngsters and their idiotic dawdling and lack of a sense of urgency and..."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #886 on: January 16, 2011, 07:21:10 PM »
Ember didn't flinch when Chrono grabbed her leg and had just waited for what he would do. When he stopped glowing and released her leg, she watched him apologize, which was sort of a surprise. "You would be sorry if you had acted on that." She responded, giving him a dangerous look, part of that attitude of her's coming back. Part of her was joking, but the rest of her wasn't because she really would have attacked him if he had thrown her. She turned to look toward Vosur and Dante again, seeing Vosur hand Dante one of his cards. A regular one, she noticed, but she still didn't like it. "You even attempt to use that on me and you'll be the next slab of meat getting cooked." That same dangerous look was on her face as her eyes were on Dante, her fire eyes seeming to glow slightly. Yeah, that fighting, deadly attitude of her's was definitely back after a long time of hanging out in the background. She didn't trust him. Not with how he was clinging to Vosur and asking about his weapons, especially when combining that with their clashing views on death. Of course, she didn't expect him to try to kill her, but she had a strong idea he would do anything in his power to stop her from killing more people, even if she was saving his ass by doing it. After she had said that to Dante was when Lazaryos had come back to the group. She turned on her heel and followed after Lazaryos, adjusting the bag on her shoulders and holding her staff in her right hand. The fierce look on her face faded as she listened to Lazaryos grumbling his complaints and she determined this was the perfect moment for payback for being treated like a child. "Is it just me or have you aged forty years in the past five minutes, old man? You sound like my grandfather." A smirk played on her lips but she was also ready for him to react in a not-so-pleasant way, gripping her staff a little tighter, especially just in case she might have to defend herself against a card flying at her back.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:24:37 PM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #887 on: January 18, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »
Chrono started walking again and was on the other side of Lazaryos when Ember finished talking. "So now you've gone from 'Tubby Tiger' to 'Old man Tiger', how come she doesn't get shocked for those comments and I do?" He suddenly took several steps towards Lazaryos' blind spot in an attempt to avoid another blast of eletricity.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #888 on: January 18, 2011, 07:25:47 PM »
When Vosur handed Dante the card he examined it, flipping it over, lifting it up and down and after that spinning with surprising skill between his middle finger and thumb. That's when Ember said not to throw it at her. He turned to her nonchalanty still spinning it in his hand. A moment of stupid ran threw his veins, causing him to stop spinning the card, cock it back and toss at Ember. It flew accurately through the air and landed behind her as she was beginning to walk away. "Oh crap. VOSUR WHY'D YOU DO THAT!?" he said and took a step behind him. Hopefully they would assume it was Vosur, since Dante didn't seem like he could throw a card so accurately.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #889 on: January 19, 2011, 06:04:38 AM »
"Great... a prankster Priest. That's all I need." he muttered under his own breath as moved his food-bags to his right hand and grabbed up Dante by the collar with his left hand, speaking to him as he held him up. "I dunno what you're up to, Padre, but you're going to take the fall for your own mistakes." He carried Dante forward into the group as he approached Ember with him in hand. "I do believe that here is our practical joker, anything you wish to say to each other?" He didn't let go of Dante, even though he had to set down the food to grab up the loose card and put it back in the pouch with the others before grabbing up the food again. "Even though he does deserve a bit of a beating, he did not hit you and he did heal your wound, keep that in mind, my dear fire-mage." he spoke, trying to refrain from accidentally saying the wrong name.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:08:16 AM by Vosur »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #890 on: January 20, 2011, 12:26:31 AM »
When Ember heard something hit the sand, she whipped her head around to see exactly what she had heard. Looking down at the ground, she spotted the card in the sand behind her and that was all she needed for her temper to rear its ugly head. She didn't even hear Dante's accusation of Vosur because of her blind fury, but even if she had, she wouldn't have believed it. "You son of a--!" She yelled as she spun around the rest of the way, the fire in her eyes glowing. Bringing up a fireball, she was going to charge at Dante but Vosur brought him to her instead. She glanced at Vosur then looked back at Dante like her gaze could make holes straight through his head. "I have nothing to say to him. There are plenty of things I would like to do to him. I like speaking with actions." She grinned maliciously, showing her dangerously pointy teeth, and the fireball grew slightly. Her eyes switched to Vosur. "And I'm sure that was his point. I take it as a threat. I eliminate threats." When she said the word 'eliminate', her eyes switched back to Dante for emphasis before looking at Vosur again as she finished the sentence. She didn't like Vosur using the word 'dear' on her either but that was a tiny issue compared to the other one she was dealing with. Raising the fireball, she prepared to attack Dante with it, even with Vosur standing right there...

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #891 on: January 20, 2011, 01:13:21 AM »
Lazaryos rushed back, hearing the commotion, thinking there was actual danger, but became a little angry at hearing what happened. He rushed over and pulled Ember's fireball hand out and pulled her aside, while still stepping forward and grabbed Dante by the neck, picking him off the ground, "You even try something like that again, I will personally kill you. I may be at the age, but patience is FAR from my virtue." Lazaryos had sent a current of electricity through Dante's body while he was talking. When he finished, he threw Dante back at Vosur and walked off, "We're going. NOW!"

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #892 on: January 20, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »
Chrono turned around, but continued walking backwards as the mages raged, and the priest tried to hide. "We were walking until this happened; so I'll just go scout out ahead if thats alright with you guys, and gal." Chrono quickly turned back around and ran quite a distance ahead of the group, but stopped when the group was barely within ear-shot. Well, so much for getting a head start, it feels dangerous to just take another step...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #893 on: January 22, 2011, 04:59:52 PM »
Dante didn't think Vosur would pick him up take him over to Ember, it made him feel like a kid. "Traitor!" he said teasing. That's when he saw Ember's reaction, a large fireball. "Eeep!" "The things I'd let you do. Ahehehe. But I get the feeling you'd enjoy them more!" he said, again still with a playful tone. That's when Lazaryos grabbed him. The electricity sent through his body didn't phase him as much as it did before, he still didn't feel it but he didn't just spasm helplessly and fall over. "Woah woah woah, lover boy. That's a fine way to pay back someone who saved your life not too long ago." Dante's tone was still surprisingly playful. When he was put down in the special manner he couldn't keep his balance due to the electricity. After a moment he got to his feet himself and shook himself off. Turning around he went to go retrieve his cross. "Makes me wonder what would have happened if I tried to grab her b-..." he paused in his thought as he reached his cross, he twitched suddenly for some reason. It was a chill running up his spine, as if someone were glaring at him for thinking that. "Wierd. Must be the lightning. Hey wait! That wasn't a lightning storm back then!" Putting his cross on his back he went towards Vosur to begin walking.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #894 on: January 22, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »
"Weapons are not toys, you should know that better than myself. The next time you do something as crazy as that, I'll leave you to your punishment... whatever may come of it anyways. The main reason why I've been sticking my neck out for you, for the most part, is that you've been rather helpful to this group and I don't want to see you jeopardize yourself just for a laughs." he spoke as he slightly growled to Dante. He picked up the pace to start getting back with the rest of the group, putting himself between Ember and Dante to prevent further issues like this, but rather uneasy about putting his back to the priest this time, so his free-hand went down to make sure that his cards were secured in their pouches and to keep them covered by using the palm of his hand.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #895 on: January 22, 2011, 08:09:56 PM »
Lazaryos trudged on, Chrono being the scout. He kept his pace up, but pretty much ignored Vosur and Dante. After high noon, the clangs sand finally turned fully black underneath their feet. Lazaryos began to feel more and more restless, spells already passing over their heads at the end of their trails. He pulled out and gripped the topaz hard, the blood in his veins boiling and itching for battle.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 01:30:25 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #896 on: January 22, 2011, 11:48:21 PM »
Ember became even more infuriated when Lazaryos pulled her aside but she somehow managed not to snap at him. She followed after Lazaryos after he threw Dante down and walked off. Shrinking the fireball down so it was small enough to fit in the palm of her hand, she glared behind her at Dante as she squashed the fireball in her hand. She quickened her pace so that she caught up with Lazaryos. Walking along beside him, she tried to calm down but wasn't really successful and remained on edge for the next few hours. When she saw that the sand beneath her feet had become completely black, she grinned at the thought of the battle coming up. It would be a great way for her to let out her anger and if a few stray spells hit Dante, well, that would make it all the better.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #897 on: January 24, 2011, 03:26:09 PM »
Chrono stopped to pick up some sand and sniff it, and wondered why he couldn't smell anything, he then sniffed his unclean blade and also noticed that it had no smell. I guess my sense of smell went dead from all the blood that was spilled here. That might cause a few problems when it gets dark... Just then a stray fire-ball from the Blue Crimson battlefield flew in and knocked him on the head as he was conveniently looking back at the group. He immedeatly put a hand where the fireball hit and turned back around. "I swear, fire mages don't know how to hold back..."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #898 on: January 24, 2011, 08:23:06 PM »
Dante walked behind the rest of them casually. "That might have ruined my chances, heh." Taking note of the darker sand he continued on silently. He crept up towards Vosur and gave him a light tap on the shoulder to get his attention, he figured now might as well be the time to talk."Hey...can we talk?" he whispered, so low the others wouldn't be able to hear. He then returned to his place far behind the group waving to Vosur to come to him when he looked. He was out of earshot of the others, he tried to look inconspicuous putting his hands behind his head as to not arouse suspicion of the others.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #899 on: January 25, 2011, 01:11:30 AM »
He slowed down to allow Dante to speak with him, his red eyes looking to Dante as his hand stayed on the pouches for the cards to secure them. "Alright, speak your mind Padre. Though I think we should be frank on this: that stunt of yours probably didn't make this situation very good. I was probably one of the more trusting of them before you decided to do that." he spoke quietly as he kept his eyes on the priest. "Tell me what you want to tell me before you don't have the time to do so."