The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66888 times)

Offline White Wolf Guardian

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf Dragon (Wolgon)
  • Coloring: White and Blue
  • Height: 10' long or 7' tall
  • Weight: 400lbs or 250lbs
  • Build: Thin
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Healed up
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2010, 12:04:05 AM »
*The wolf woke up with a start having realized he fell asleep from exhaustion* "My head, oh man it hurts so much... and my..my... FUR!!!" *Nitrous looked up to quickly notice his nemesis from a distance and crawled his way towards Ember and the tiger slowly* "Just a little closer tiger boy and I'll be ready to give you a can of whoop donkey." "Nghhh...ugh." *He stopped for a moment as his limbs still hurt* "You made me look like a FREAK!!!" *He clenched his fist and swung it around in the air wildly while his face was implanted into the ground* "Damn it, I need some water so I can at least flatten my fur out...." "And hope that it eventually returns to normal, as it is my clothes feel all weird like this." *He growled to himself*
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 12:31:25 AM by White Wolf Guardian »
  • Signature art by: FluffyGorer

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2010, 12:15:33 AM »
Chrono looked back, and saw that the group he had left wi-, he left on his own and had no interest in going with a bunch of mages, regardless of how useful they could be in a fight. But now he felt lonely again since the wolves had ditched him and the rest of the normals were probably too intimidated by how he dealt with one giant monster on his own and kept their distance. Although, sometimes I wonder if life would have been more bearable as a mage, at least my own family wouldn't hate my guts for my lack of majick skill. All I got going for me is two swords and a fire-retardent hide. he sighed as he kept walking on, though a bit more sad then before the ambush.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2010, 12:37:18 AM »
Lazaryos awoke from his meditation slumber to find Nitrous crawling towards him. He got up, walked over and stood over Nitrous. "You look a little burnt there, lad. You might want to consider washing the oils out of your fur more often and possibly moving a lot faster when you see a lightning storm." Lazaryos laughed aloud as he walked away, feeling revitalized, but still sore. Well, at least I can walk with a lighter heart. Such a sad sight truly is rare. I'll bet the poor sod is homeless, too. He grabbed his bag and took out a pear, eating it as he continued north. Only a couple more days now. But something really is amiss. First a horde that attacks unprovoked, now monsters that are only found in the Arena.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2010, 12:48:25 AM »
Ember chuckled at what Lazaryos said to Nitrous as she stood up. Him talking about washing reminded her that she needed to be careful while eating her apple, not wanting to get juice on her fur and get all sticky. That was something she wouldn't be able to stand. She started to walk after Lazaryos, though not trying to catch up with him. Plus, her body was a little sore so she had no intention of trying to walk any faster than her normal pace.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has donated more than $50 to the forum. Received through special limited time events Top 10 Poster This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2010, 01:04:42 AM »
"You fiend! I will get my revenge... eventually." *He yelled after the tiger as he and the gargoyle-bat girl walked away* "Grr... now I guess I'll just follow for now, then get the element of surprise until we... err I get to the docks. If I can kill a man like I have many a time before, I can definitely kill just some mage with a few static electricity tricks out of his walking stick." *He chuckled to himself as he brushed himself off and got up glaring at the tiger's back as the feline had walked* "Laugh while you can tiger boy, laugh while you can."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 11, 2010, 01:18:59 AM »
In the trees and outside of the group's notice, there were three dragons of slightly differing features, and all had a slid in their forehead that looked similar to an eye without eyelashes or eyebrows. "Hm... that one in the black, ahead of the other three, does he seem familiar?" "Only one person I know that sulks while standing tall sis, didn't expect the runt to still be alive since none of us supported him." "Anyway, we should tell the rest of the siblings, as well as Big Sister... question is, how will we get there on the same boat without him noticing us?"

The dragoness waved her hand frantically at the rather muscular dragon that just spoke."Oh I know, lets borrow one of the ferry boats we use to send the monsters to the Arena!!" The middle dragon of the two smiled as he gathered fire in his feet and shot off through the trees, his flame not at the temperature to start an insant fire, but strong enough to propel his frame froward. The bigger of the three jumped down and literally went through the ground as he 'dug' his way to the port. The only one left that wasn't moving  had a blush in her cheeks as she looked at Chrono from afar before gathering wind on her back and creating 'wings' that allowed her to fly at least ten times the speed of running, and went to the clouds to avoid detection.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: April 11, 2010, 02:27:56 AM »
Lazaryos spent the whole morning hiking without incident. He didn't bother to look behind him, like usual, since he knew that Ember was close behind and not wanting those thoughts running through his head again. How is it that I've never had these feeling for any women before, but now have them for this one who is more reptilian than most that I've seen? I must be getting old 40 years too early. Lazaryos took out another pear from his bag to eat, when he saw something glistening from afar, up ahead. It was something that was on the roof of a latrine, but something didn't feel right about it.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #97 on: April 11, 2010, 02:37:06 AM »
Ember pretty much ignored the monologue-ing of Nitrous. What good was someone planning on hurting/killing somebody else if they told the person about it? She pulled out a roll from her bag after walking for the whole morning and took a bite from it, chewing slowly. She narrowed her eyes as she looked farther ahead, spotting whatever was glistening that Lazaryos had seen, even though she didn't know he had seen it already. "Hmm...what could that be?" She thought to herself as she continued walking, still staring at the thing while she ate.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2010, 02:52:30 AM »
*Nitrous still being a bit further behind hadn't seen the reflective object just yet that Ember and tiger boy had seen and stopped behind a tree to watch them just both looking in one direction* "I wonder what the hell they are up to this time, they are both acting funny. Hmm... I'll stay back for now and see if this gets good." *He rubbed his paws together and got an evil grin going up the side of his face hoping for something terrible to happen to the feline*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2010, 11:48:24 AM »
Chrono was yet again oblivious to what was going on as he was more concerned with his own emotions than some random sine in the distance. His thoughts mostly wandered around the idea that the guild his family now rules, is now big enough to the point where it will either hinder his journey, or stop it cold. He took off his helmet, then rubbed the slit between his head until the eye opened and was visible in the reflection. "This will be the first wrong that I will make right after I ingest Mana..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: April 11, 2010, 04:53:03 PM »
Lazaryos walked cautiously towards the latrine, the shimmering object no longer shining as he got closer. He stopped about 20 feet away from it, the smell emanating from it being too strong for his feline nose. Lazaryos did his best to cover his nose and get closer, but 2 feet in, the smell was bad enough to make him fall over. (Censored)!!! That must be one of the few in the world that's actually full! But I have to get to that object. There's something strange about it. Lazaryos made one last attempt to take another step, but the smell permeates everything for a feline.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: April 11, 2010, 06:41:51 PM »
As Ember got closer to Lazaryos, her hands quickly flew up to cover her nose and mouth. "Oh! That is nasty!" She said, almost gagging. From what she knew about felines, she was sure Lazaryos was having just as much trouble as she was with the smell. Looking towards the object, she contemplated flying over to check it out. It didn't take her long to determine that it was a bad idea to do so since smells rise, just like heat.

• Wolgon Hat
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • I'm a wolgon!
    • Steam
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: April 11, 2010, 11:09:11 PM »
*A gust of wind blew past the gargoyle bat and tiger and the scent made it's way towards the hiding dark mage* "OH MY GUARDIAN!!!" *He fell over gagging on the ground and writhing like he was being tortured by an unseen force, quickly getting up after his dramatization* "That is some nasty crap up there! What the hell is up there, it smells like s..." *He put his paws to his mouth so that the two mages ahead couldn't hear him*

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: April 11, 2010, 11:16:55 PM »
Chrono turned around to see how far away the others were and saw that one mage was around a latrine, trying to reach at a sh-

Shiny... must... get...now!! he ran back and lost precious time as he was only focused on the object. It took only a few moments to close the distance they were seperated, and neither mage had any success. He climbed on top of the mage, using his blade to knock it away from the latrine, whos scent just now reached his nostrils through the mouth guard. "What the fu-aaah!" he fell off the mage, then the shiny object caught his attention and he scrambled to grab it.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 11:18:39 PM by Chrono Blackwyng »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: April 11, 2010, 11:26:54 PM »
Lazaryos grunted as the filthy Normal crawled over his back and fell to the ground in front of him. As the armoured dragon scrambled forward, he hooked the head of his staff onto the opening at the top of the greaves and released his Majicka, running the electricity through the bloody dragon's body while doing his best to muffle out the smell to his nose with his thick sleeve, though it didn't really change anything. At least this will stop the idiot from taking the stone.