The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66814 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #930 on: February 04, 2011, 03:47:40 PM »
Lazaryos wobbled quite a bit as they ran and was semi-relieved that Vosur and Chrono took some of the pursuers out. When they were close to where the shelter was, Lazaryos charged a little bit more Majicka within his hand, Only enough for one more. A ball of lightning formed into his hand and slowly condensed into a very small ball of light that was barely visible. When Lazaryos' legs gave out just short of the shelter, which he still couldn't see or make out, he threw the ball of light towards where Vosur and Chrono were. As they retreated back, the ball continued to fly right past them and burst brilliantly as it created a similar flash as from before. With that, Lazaryos' world grew dark as he lost consciousness.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #931 on: February 04, 2011, 05:00:54 PM »
Ember saw Lazaryos charging up another spell and was instantly aware that after he did that, he would be out like a light. She didn't watch to see what the spell did when he released and caught him before he hit the ground instead. It was difficult for her to drag him because he was heavy but she put all of her strength into it. Somehow she spotted the well-hid shelter in the sand dune and dragged Lazaryos to it. She crawled in, tugging Lazaryos behind her. When she got in and spotted Dante, she sat as far from him as possible and leaned Lazaryos against the wall of the hole beside her.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #932 on: February 08, 2011, 01:09:22 AM »
Chrono fought unaware of the flash until it went off about a few feet to his right. He promptly staggered back and got into a defensive position. "Okay, that was astoundingly uncalled for. Did you get hit too Vosur?" Chrono felt his eyes adjust back just in time to parry and then cut down the attacker. His markings did not appear, but there was a thin outline of majicka around his body as he continued to fight off the oncoming groups of normals and mages.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #933 on: February 08, 2011, 01:25:16 AM »
"Is he alright?" asked Dante uncontrollably. "Or you for that matter?" he continued. He didn't expect much from her, considering they were never on level terms to begin with. He crawled his way over to them since he couldn't stand full length in the hideout they were in. He also left his cross where he was sitting, someone marking his side of the room. He got to them as she sat down from setting him down, crawling towards him first. He half expected Ember to prevent him from getting close to Lazaryos, because she's crazy like that.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #934 on: February 08, 2011, 03:45:18 AM »
He was rather busy knocking out the warriors one by one, trying to make it difficult for them to follow his voice, waiting until he finished taking them down one by one and tying them up with anything he could find on their bodies: sashes, belts, headbands, anything. When he was finished with the group he had, he stayed on the defense for any stragglers, calling back to Chrono. "I'm alright! Need some help over there?" Vosur thought on rushing in, but if there were any that Chrono didn't take out, then he'd only endanger himself if he didn't know of them before going into the fray.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #935 on: February 08, 2011, 08:22:15 PM »
Ember scowled as Dante crawled over to them. "I'm fine." She snapped and quickly put her staff in between Dante and Lazaryos in an attempt to stop Dante from getting near Lazaryos. "And so is he. He just expended most of his majicka so he needs to rest to get it back." She still didn't trust Dante so she didn't want him near either of them since there was no telling what he might do to stop them from fighting. Keeping her eyes on Dante, she made sure that he kept his distance.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #936 on: February 09, 2011, 03:16:24 AM »
Chrono had finished off the last two normals while the mages fled with what little magika they still had. He casually rubbed his eyes as he walked back to the hiding spot, his aura of magika still not fading away. "Of all the mages I travel with, they both had to be prone to friendly fire, or even partial to it if provoked at all." he muttered to himself as he let his sword drag through the sand while he walked over the dune and then hopped down in front of the entrance to the hideout. "I wish we killed that dragon from the Arena earlier, so that way we would only have a single Guardian to remove."
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #937 on: February 09, 2011, 03:47:22 AM »
Dante stopped shy of Ember's staff when it was put between him and Lazaryos. "Alright, no need to be so protective. I only wished to help, honest." he said, with a warm smile. He knew she wouldn't buy it, he also figured she would get violent if he forced his aid on them. He turned himself around and went back to his little corner of the cave. It was just about the same time Chrono had showed up and was complaining about his sword. "So what are we going to do now? Are we just going to hold up here, go out as we please and just kill whoever we see?"

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #938 on: February 09, 2011, 05:59:11 AM »
He made sure that Chrono started on his way back to the temporary shelter, following after him after he found no more stragglers. Along the way back to the dune, he would brush away his and Chrono's trails in the sand to prevent anyone tracking them back to the shelter. After Chrono had made it back in, he gave one last look about to ensure that they weren't being followed, then went into the hole. Vosur brushed himself off a bit to try to get some of the black-sand out of his hair and tail since he didn't need any form of camouflage in their hiding-place, looking to the others after opening one of the bags to pull a strip of smoked meat out to eat on it. "I would say we need to keep moving now that this is the perfect time to do so, with the little amount of visibility our enemies have during the night-time... and we are pretty much sitting-ducks here no matter what. But our 'fearless leader' over there decided to exhaust himself to the point of passing out." he spoke with a slight growl. He looked to Ember and unbelted the secondary sword that Chrono gave to him, reaching it towards her. "You think you can use this? It's may not have a good temper on it, but it's better than nothing. Also, there were at least ten others with weapons on them, we may want to check them when we get going again."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #939 on: February 09, 2011, 03:40:06 PM »
Lazaryos came to around the time Vosur started talking, "Well if you don't like it, you can get the hell out. I told you before, and I'll say it again. You and that healer are not part of the truce. You are not bound to stay with us." He growled as his head throbbed painfully. Well, at least recovery time isn't taking too much longer now. Dammit all if I have to wait longer to reach consciousness. Lazaryos sat a little more prostrate and looked over at Ember, then at Chrono. "We stay here for now. That last flash I threw out should have been enough to cover our escape. There's no way they'd know where we are now."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #940 on: February 09, 2011, 05:04:36 PM »
Of course, Ember didn't believe Dante and the warm smile he gave her just made her want to punch it off his face. "Sure." She grumbled her response. She didn't move her staff from in front of Lazaryos until Dante went back to his spot and Chrono came in. She sat there in silence until Vosur came in and extended a sword towards her after speaking. "Yeah, I could. I may be a mage but I wasn't stupid enough not to teach myself how to fight normally. Can't always rely on magic." She responded flatly like it should have been obvious that she knew how to use a weapon. Her head quickly turned to Lazaryos when he spoke, surprised that he had come around already. "Well if we're staying then you can go back to sleep now, can't you? There's no need for you to be awake right now when you need to recover your majicka." She said with narrowed eyes before leaning her head back against the wall of sand behind her.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #941 on: February 11, 2011, 01:03:01 AM »
Chrono moved his jaw about, casting a glance at the two mages, then the two tag-alongs. "Does anyone still have any food, or was that burning animal the last meal we will get before we arrive at the end of our travels together?" He entered the hideout and flopped down next to Lazaryos, so he could slash at Dante if he ever tried to 'fake' an attack on Ember.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:45:42 AM by Chrono Blackwyng »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #942 on: February 11, 2011, 01:05:41 AM »
""That healer" has a name you know. "That healer" also saved your nearly dead self not too long ago. If not a "Thank you", you could, at the very LEAST, call me by my name. And it's Dante if you had forgotten." Dante snapped. It didn't seem like his normal self, he too didn't know where that came. He blamed it on the Blue Crimson, it was even able to get to him. Making him a little quick to snap it seemed. He just fell silent, not wanting to say anything more. He expected Lazaryos or at least Ember, to them self over react. His outburst probably wouldn't go quietly. But what would two tired mages do?

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #943 on: February 17, 2011, 12:45:47 PM »
Vosur frowned at Lazaryos with a kind of snare as he sat back down next to Dante after Ember took the weapon, "You don't have to be an absolute ass about it. Remember, in your condition, that I can easily kill you if you wished to fight. I may not know much about Majicka, but I do know that you and Ember are out of it, meaning you're vulnerable."

Lazaryos smirked when Ember expressed concern for him and chuckled a bit, "I'll be fine." His smirk looked cockier when Vosur made his statement, "You forget that I do have a truce/contract with t his big lug over here. *Pointing at Chrono with his thumb* He may hate me and vice versa, but a deal's a deal. You of all people should understand that."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #944 on: February 17, 2011, 04:11:52 PM »
Ember couldn't help but laugh at Dante's reaction to being called 'that healer'. "Aww, I think you hurt his feelings, Lazaryos." She said then looked at Dante. "I'm sorry, but I don't think that hypocrites deserve names." Of course, she wasn't actually sorry at all. She was actually glad to see some kind of negative reaction from a guy who seemed to try to be positive all the time. Irked by Vosur's comment about her being out of it, she started to open her mouth to speak but Lazaryos spoke before her so she waited for him to finish. "AND I'm not out of it. I didn't use all of my majicka up and you just handed me a sword." She smirked at the last thing she said since it kind of wasn't a smart move at that moment in time.