The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66813 times)

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #945 on: February 18, 2011, 03:08:21 AM »
Chrono slid his sword out slightly when Lazaryos spoke of him. "I hope you all will remain quiet so that this cave would not be for naught. The mages need their rest, and the cleric is already on thin ice for throwing weaponized cards at the lady here." With that, Chrono slid the sword back in and maintained his unblinking stare. Almost expecting one of the two to make a move that they would likely regret a second later.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #946 on: February 18, 2011, 03:47:33 AM »
Dante just leaned back, he didn't care to continue the argument. His calm demeanor was coming back to him. He was going to try and get some sleep, though it wasn't all that hard from helping to build the thing. Granted he didn't really do much, but yeah. He fell asleep, not really being needed, however not in a deep sleep as of yet. "This trip will be the end of me...Granted I live long enough to go crazy."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #947 on: February 18, 2011, 04:43:49 AM »
Vosur didn't turn the sword he offered away from Ember, resolute in his expression. "I may be fool-hardy to give a weapon to a mage who just threatened my life... but you're more of a risk to those you ally with than to me if you were to use such a power here. Consider what materials hold this place together and who made this temporary cave for us to rest in, you think that such a spark of power is going to go without collateral damage? I gave you that weapon so you wouldn't need to use that power if we were to get attacked, now what you do... or attempt to do if you so wish... I don't really care as long as we reach for the point where we will need to part our paths." He glances to Dante before he shifts into a seated-back-against-the-wall position. "As for you, Padre, you brought that upon yourself. I could've let her rip you to shreds, but what good are you if you're dead? You have your own ambitions to live for, so I recommend you pull yourself together."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #948 on: February 18, 2011, 12:53:16 PM »
Lazaryos maintained his glare at the two, but didn't move, allowing his body and Majicka to recover. The next couple hours went by quietly, save for the battle that was raging not even a couple hundred meters away. As the night wore on, Lazaryos closed his eyes, but remained awake in case of attack or treachery. Near morning twilight, the fighting seemed to dim noticeably. Lazaryos took the effort to get up and poke his head out, and found out why. "The highest players are taking the field..."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #949 on: February 19, 2011, 01:41:39 AM »
Ember listened to Vosur in silence. She had made her point and that was all she wanted so she didn't respond to him. "He's got a point." She thought to herself after what Vosur said to Dante. "I could have torn him apart if Vosur hadn't interjected." The whole night she remained in a half-asleep state. She opened her eyes again as she heard movement, realizing it was morning as she saw Lazaryos poking his head out of the cave. "My kind of people." She responded to his statement with a smirk.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #950 on: February 20, 2011, 09:16:14 PM »
Chrono went to sleep around night, but stuck his leg out so he could easily be awoken if Dante tried anything. When morning broke, he followed Lazaryos and also took a glance, but pulled away before Lazaryos would. "There could also be some people hiding under the bodies. Yea, this will get much more bloody any calm would surface. So, do we simply walk past the carnage or take them out one by one?"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #951 on: February 20, 2011, 11:33:23 PM »
He remained in a half-asleep state until he heard Lazaryos moving around, quietly nudging Dante in the shoulder with his fist. "C'mon. Don't want to be left behind." he quietly spoke to him as he moved toward the entrance of the tunnel. "Well, my thought would be for us to travel at nightfall, but that's my take. We could do a lot better if we didn't have to confront them, but I do believe we are more than powerful enough to get by them in a head-on fight. If you see an alternate route through this battlefield, let's take that."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #952 on: February 21, 2011, 12:49:22 AM »
Lazaryos shook his head at Chrono's little statement, "That's not going to happen. Anyone attempting to hid among the dead bodies would be an idiot. The worst is about to happen. Your father's army is walking out, so is the Southern Army, the Rast Army, and the entire Thieves Guild. If anything, everything gets more intense from now on. All we can do is to time it so that we can pave our way through without becoming the center of attention. Sneaking hasn't been an option since the start, but even the most sleek won't be able to get around THIS shit without fighting."

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #953 on: February 21, 2011, 09:30:51 PM »
Chrono went out only as far as Lazaryos did, and kept his armored legs from being in the sunlight so the chance of reflection would be close to nothing. "Guess I'll be following your lead unless you want me to do the timing instead. Would not want to have my father strike down with meteors before we have our round 2 with the guardian dragon." He kept his gaze on the other two while keeping his hand on his only sword.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #954 on: February 22, 2011, 12:56:06 AM »
Dante woke up when Vosur said something to him, only because he wasn't in a deep a sleep as he normally was. Other than that he didn't really move, he wasn't exactly seeing a point. No one said they were going anywhere, so far they were just looking out the front door. Even if they would go somewhere, Dante was not likely on the guest list. Not only was he against killing, he probably wasn't all too thought to be trustworthy as well as a high value to the team. Not like anyone had a band-aid.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #955 on: February 22, 2011, 03:08:03 AM »
He peeked out of the hole after a while to get a scope of the situation. "Getting by this would be easy for someone like me, even with this calm in the battlefield. I'd say restrain from using your Majicka and you should blend into the fight a lot better than if you were to go willy-nilly to try to kill any and everything in sight. They're bound to be looking for big displays of power like what you gave them last night, Lazaryos." He pulls back in to sit down and assume a thinking position. "I know you're probably against the thought, Padre, but it is looking like lives are going to be lost today. Though, if one of us were to dress up like one of those warriors, taking everyone else as 'prisoners', then there'd be a chance that we wouldn't have to get into fights unnecessarily."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #956 on: February 22, 2011, 02:40:08 PM »
Lazaryos scoffed as Vosur finished, "This is war for the obtaining of absolute power. There ARE no prisoners. That'd give us away quicker. This is nothing like what you're used to. These are armies and guilds that know every one of their own people. They kill everyone that they don't recognize. All throughout history, there has only been one party that manages to enter the mountain, and only one person comes out alive to rule the land."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #957 on: February 22, 2011, 08:27:07 PM »
Ember listened to the conversation around her without saying a word. The last thing that Lazaryos said echoed in her mind as she sat there. "Only one person gets out alive..." She thought while staring toward the entrance. "So stop those feelings that are emerging right now because you know there isn't going to be a happy ending for more than one person..." She looked toward the 'ceiling' of their shelter. "So are we moving out or staying here?" She asked, not sounding as eager as she usually did.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #958 on: February 23, 2011, 01:41:19 AM »
Chrono snorted at Lazaryos, or possibly more at the notion of 'Only one walks away with a happy ending'. "Then I guess I'll be leaving when the guardians are dead. Can't fix my clan's image if I get fried by the ol' pot-belly mage." He felt like he could get away with it since firing any magic right now would cause more problems than it would fix.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #959 on: February 23, 2011, 07:55:10 PM »
Dante listened in silence as the other talked. The question of whether or not they were going was on his mind, when Ember had asked he began to pay attention more. The thought of having to kill someone was lingering in his mind. If not any of the countless men and women out there, but someone in his party. The thought of any loss of life sickened him, he wanted a life without death. He pushed out the facts however, blinding himself, the world needs death, as well as chaos. There would be no balance otherwise. He also pushed out the fact that he would have to kill someone to obtain his goal.