The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66811 times)

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #960 on: February 24, 2011, 05:56:41 AM »
He looked up to Lazaryos and then shifted back into his thinking-position as he focused on a few particular grains of off-color sand near by. "Alright, fair enough on putting down that idea. But without some sort of plan on getting through this, or at least cutting down on who we have to fight, then a head-long rush is suicide for everyone except our resident-healer. Even he won't come out of this easily." he spoke as his irises dilated and narrowed while he was just seeming to be lost in thought. "Since we're going to be fighting against 4 full-fledged armies... which even with both you and Ember having all of your Magicka, it would not end so well with us unless we were to somehow make it so we could fend off small groups of them at a time instead of a mass of them at once. Why don't we try to use the wildlife nearby to lessen their numbers? Lure them to the sand-ants and let them keep some of them busy. That is, unless you have a better idea."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #961 on: February 24, 2011, 11:25:51 AM »
Lazaryos didn't bother to respond and took a step outside, peering over the sand mound and onto the battlefield. The clashing began almost immediately. Sparks from weapons and the flare of magic instantly filled the scene. He watched the directions where people were coming from and watching where the volley of arrows and bombardment spells were coming from, studying their owners' patterns and habits and how well they can shoot.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #962 on: February 25, 2011, 01:58:08 AM »
Ember glared at Chrono when he made his comment about Lazaryos. With a groan of frustration and impatience, she shifted her body and moved toward the opening of their shelter with her staff and the sword Vosur had given her in one hand. "We won't be in an alliance forever, remember that." She muttered as she reached Chrono, quickly putting a hand on his face and giving a slight push backwards as she passed. The act was sort of a playful thing but contrasted with her voice. She exited their sand dune cave and peered over it like Lazaryos was. Her mind was getting eager for battle and her body tensed up as she felt the urge to jump into the fray but resisted.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #963 on: February 26, 2011, 12:55:59 AM »
When Chrono got pushed back, he couldn't help but grin as he caught up to Ember. "Hey, I got dibs on first blood, I'm the one getting their attention after all." Chrono held his head high for a few seconds before readying his blade and letting the field of battle rile him up. Slowly the markings appeared on his body and a faint and whispy aura of magika flowed from his body as he held his blade in a vice-grip.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #964 on: February 26, 2011, 03:35:04 AM »
When Lazaryos exited the cave-dugout-shelter thingy, Dante followed after Ember and Chrono. He wanted to test a theory, which required him to be outside. Once out he began to stretch, a yard or so away from the others. He also cracked his neck and jumped around a little like a boxer. He enjoyed how light he felt without his cross on his back, which he had left inside. "So what is your first move? Are you going to wait for them to kill each other? Or are you going to strike at their supporting units? Unless you have some other scheme hatched up." he said, casually strolling up to him. Standing off to his left he crossed his arms observing the battlefield. He did not seem amused at the sight.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #965 on: February 26, 2011, 11:53:30 PM »
Vosur growled very quietly, not liking the idea of Lazaryos not mentioning a plan. Out of aggravation, he got up to go to the entrance and saw the group, looking at the battlefield below and noticing why they were not rushing in just yet as his expression calms down. He unbelted his sword and sheath, holding the two in his right-hand as he waited for Lazaryos to start revealing his idea. "Whatever the plan is, go on ahead and count me in. This motley crew has lasted this long on a wing-and-a-prayer so far, who knows? We might actually go all the way."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #966 on: February 27, 2011, 11:48:41 AM »
Lazaryos was muttering to himself, not enough for anyone except Ember, though he really wasn't planning on her hearing it. He was running scenarios and calculating how long he could run and the rate his majicka would run out with certain spells and how much he had. He then began to try to calculate Ember's  majicka count, not even going to try to measure her spells' consumption rates. He then started muttering to himself about what possibly they could do to avoid everyone's attention so that no attacks close in on them because one full bombardment would be enough to kill them all. "I think I might have a solution, but this will require us sticking together as best as possible."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #967 on: February 27, 2011, 06:20:23 PM »
Ember listened to Lazaryos mutterings about scenarios and calculations about majicka consumption with a combination of spells. She noticed the change when he started trying to calculate her majicka count and could tell that he was leaving out what he didn't know about her spells' consumption rates. The whole time that he muttered, she listened closely even though he wasn't actually talking to her. She paid even more attention when he finally spoke up and said that he might have a solution, taking her eyes off the battlefield and looking at Lazaryos. While waiting for him to explain, she found a leather strap in her bag and made a makeshift belt to hold the sword then slid it into it on her hip.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #968 on: March 01, 2011, 06:05:28 PM »
Almost as quickly as the aura arrived, it left his body and left him unaware of all that transpired. He slowed down his pace to where he was only within two arms of Lazaryos. Sticking together would get us wasted by any large-scale magic, but if this mage has a reason for it... No reason I should stop following his lead since it got us this far.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #969 on: March 01, 2011, 07:21:40 PM »
Dante remained standing, looking over the battlefield. He listened silently waiting for Lazaryos to unveil his master plan. All the while he questioned it not knowing what it was. "Hmm...I don't know any protective magic if he's thinking that...I'm curious to see what he has planned. Maybe we will slipped passed them in the midst of their battle? I don't know...What ever it is, I better not have to save his sorry ass again. Ungrateful jerk..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #970 on: March 02, 2011, 05:35:25 PM »
After thinking for a long while, Lazaryos finally stood up, "It's not a fool-proof plan, but it's all I can figure. If we can move fast enough, I can create a shield and defense web for us long enough to make it to the bridge. However, if we get hit by any of the major bombardments, it'll penetrate right through, and we'll die. I'll let Ember and Chrono discern who wants to kill who if magic-resistant armour users get past my web. The pup looks like he's fast enough to help us discern when to move and when to stop to avoid bombardments. I don't know about the healer, but as long as he's not in my way, he can come."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #971 on: March 03, 2011, 03:04:28 AM »
Ember listened to Lazaryos as he spoke as she continued to eye the battlefield. When he mentioned her and Chrono having to decide who kills who, she looked over at Chrono with a smirk. "I'm going after anyone who comes at me. Other than that, I say it's whoever gets there first." She said to Chrono after Lazaryos finished speaking. She looked at the other two afterward, first at Dante then at Vosur. "Does look fast." She added as a sort of confirmation of what Lazaryos had said about Vosur. "Wish my wings were more useful..." She mumbled to herself, thinking ahead more to fighting the dragons.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #972 on: March 04, 2011, 01:58:38 AM »
Chrono smirked at Ember, and had already gotten to the side of Lazaryos that was opposite of Ember. "Remember Ember, we're trying to avoid drawing attention, so you can't start immolating people in ten foot columns of fire no matter how tempting it is..." Chrono turned away from the group and casually saw the standards of his clan in the distance. I can wait another day, its only been fifteen years since I last returned...

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #973 on: March 04, 2011, 04:26:45 AM »
"God forbid one of you break a leg. Then maybe the healer will be handy." Dante said, flailing his hands. "Geez...What a grump. Why did I side with these guys? Oh wait...I didn't...They just got me into trouble...After waking me up from a nap no less. Sigh...I have little choice. I guess I'll just have to ride the gravy train a little while longer. Mmm...Gravy...Oh man...I haven;t had some bread rolls and gravy in a long time. Ooooh....Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I will have to get some should I survive."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #974 on: March 04, 2011, 08:04:07 AM »
Vosur looked back to Lazaryos when his name was mentioned, putting on his dark-colored glasses again and  raising an eyebrow at the plan. He then put away his sword-and-sheath to pull out the deck of his venom-coated cards to keep it in his right hand while putting a couple of the cards in his left hand as he looked at the others. "We can only go as fast as the slowest person, which makes the timing even harder to achieve. Now to further on your plan, old-timer..." he said with a slight smirk to Lazaryos, still rather peeved at being called a 'pup' but retaliating by calling him 'old-timer'. "...Dante would be faster than you and as for his usefulness: if he can heal you while we're moving, then this plan will have a higher chance of succeeding. I will try to disable any casters I can see while we're storming through, but even my speed and my accuracy won't get them all." He stopped to inhale and exhale deeply, grumbling a bit. "This may be the most fool-hardy plan I've ever heard, but I don't plan on dying out here when my own goal is almost within reach."