The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66812 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #975 on: March 04, 2011, 12:07:08 PM »
Lazaryos was no longer fazed by being called old-timer. However, he prided himself in being fast on the run, so his face turned sour at the mention that Dante might run faster than him. "Nevertheless, we will have to press forward with as little stops as possible, unless you want to wait the next few days to see who's left and pick them off, in which case might allow someone else to pass through and take the Mana. Take your pick." Lightning began surging through Lazaryos' legs and hands, itching for action, but mainly due to his anger of being called slow.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #976 on: March 05, 2011, 02:21:51 AM »
Ember tail was twitching back and forth behind her. She was getting really impatient and all the talk was starting to irritate her. "Complain, complain, complain. Is that all this guy can do? Wish he had never joined us..." She thought, but then remembered the close encounter with death that Lazaryos had had. "Okay, he has had his usefulness...but he really gets on my nerves..." "My pick is that I would like to fight. Now." She said quickly like it was urgent to get the words off of her tongue, her tail still twitching behind her. The spikes becoming dangerous to anyone who got close enough.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #977 on: March 06, 2011, 04:05:10 AM »
Chrono smiled carelessly at both mages as he did a few warm-up swings. "We have the cover of war, if we wait any longer, anyone that is left will probably pick us off before we can reach the bridge. So, I second the vote for going now. Come on, the longer we stand around, the more likely we'll get bombarded!!" Chrono, if he wasn't already stressed out, was now itching to fight or at least kill cannon fodder.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #978 on: March 06, 2011, 06:30:41 AM »
Dante slipped away after hearing Lazaryos' plan. He went back inside the shelter to retrieve his cross. He was out just as Chrono had finished speaking. "Well then...Shall we go? I may not kill people...But I am more than willing to disable someone who gets near. I am a martial artist as well as a monk you know...I usually target pressure points, but if it needs to get down to it...I can break limbs if need be. Works just as well."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #979 on: March 06, 2011, 07:31:05 AM »
He inhaled and exhaled deeply, putting away the venom cards while he was looking at the battlefield one last time, then he went back into their makeshift shelter to pick up the two food-bags he had improvised, pulling them back out and opening them before he grabs some of the dried meat into his knee-pockets. "Alright, we're going to go, but we're going to do this as intelligent as possible. Everyone, grab some food and put it into whatever packs, pockets, or pouches you have. Even if we survive this and we make it there, we won't last long without food. Whatever we can't fit on ourselves is going to stay behind." The last part he grumbled, a little angry at this decision but knowing it was for the better for this plan to work. As soon as his pockets were as full as he could make them without limiting his movement, he took a lead position as he looked to the battlefield and pulled out a smaller handful of his venom-coated cards, divvying them between both hands before he glances back and smirks when everyone is fully-ready. "Let's go!" he speaks as he takes-off in an intentionally-slower run to allow everyone to catch up.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #980 on: March 06, 2011, 02:07:25 PM »
Lazaryos took center point and raised his lightning shield, not larger than needed, so as to attract as little attention as possible. In order to keep the lightning net in play, he made sure that there would only be a split second between stride where he would not have his feet on the ground. Not too long after running, they came upon the war. The crowd itself was so thick, that a normal person wouldn't even be able to see where he was going anymore.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #981 on: March 06, 2011, 06:15:08 PM »
Ember crammed as much meat in her bag as she could then stood at the ready to start running when everyone else was ready. When Vosur took off, she followed after, staying slightly behind and to the right of Lazaryos. When they came to the battlefield, she prepared herself so that she would be ready to move ahead is she had to take anybody out. She had a plan to alternate between spells and the sword she was given whenever she had to take someone out.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #982 on: March 06, 2011, 10:07:37 PM »
When they came to the war, Chrono couldn't contain his excitement for much longer. If there were such thing as a warriors paradise, this would probably come close to it... He briefly strayed from the group to notice someone who tried to run from the battlefield before a bombardment ended their physical existence. "Look at them running with their dignity tossed to the wind!"
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #983 on: March 07, 2011, 12:18:56 AM »
Dante followed after the group when they went. He did well to stay within Lazaryos' barrier. When an enemy stayed close and Ember or Vosur couldn't or didn't get them, he swifty took them down. The ones in lighter armor he attacked their pressure points, thought some did have armor. Those ones he had to get more rough with, disarming them and making sure they weren't a threat the best he could. One person he had to break both of his arms so he would stop fighting.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #984 on: March 07, 2011, 01:14:47 AM »
"Discretion is the better part of valor, well sometimes anyways." he quickly spoke out in reply to Chrono's call, flicking a couple cards from each hand to disable or take-down a few artillery mages that had their sights set on them. "Everyone stop and when I give the word, you better follow me as best as you can or else you won't make it through." he spoke as he could see another set of mages preparing to bombard them, intending to make them all go to a halt. He readied another pair of cards, waiting for the right moment. "Ember, Chrono, Dante... We're going to be getting really close to cavalry and infantry warriors and we're going to use them to lessen the Magicka attacks. Take out only those who can reach us, leave the rest to be a distraction and a shield." His irises shrank to pin-pricks before he flung a barrage of cards towards a small group of artillery-mages, hitting them right before they were to cast another spell, intending to cause them to misfire right at their own feet. "Now!" he called out, starting up the run again as he put the remaining venom cards back into their pouch and securing it. Quickly grabbing his sword and sheath from off of his belt, he prepared to get in close with the first normal cavalryman before he performed a quick unsheathe-and-strike with one motion to knock him off balance and keep running right by him.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #985 on: March 07, 2011, 02:40:58 AM »
Lazaryos followed Vosur as close as he could without losing his net for too long. When Vosur made a lead for the Calvary and infantry from the southern army, he did his best to follow. Lazaryos dropped the net since he had to turn with them, and he needed full balance. He felt a large shockwave knock at the side of the barrier, shaking even him. God dammit. That's one even I can't block a direct hit from.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #986 on: March 07, 2011, 03:20:40 AM »
Ember followed after Vosur with everyone else. When the shockwave hit the barrier, she wavered a little but straightened back up quickly. She drew the sword on her hip and cut down someone who came at her then shot flame at another. "I love the smell of cooking flesh in the morning." She stated with a malicious grin as she swing her tail out to trip the one on fire causing him to fall to the ground as he kept screaming.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #987 on: March 08, 2011, 02:13:06 AM »
Chrono easily kept up with Vosur, swinging his blade to slash at a nearby horse's leg whose rider was trying to run him through with a spear.  He already knew the horse would probably break the leg of his rider as it fell down, so he just kept focusing on the next closest attacker. He made sure to avoid fireballs that strayed from the bombardments, and to keep his comments to himself so Ember wouldn't get the motivation to break the truce prematurely.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #988 on: March 08, 2011, 10:47:48 AM »
Vosur caught notice of a larger cavalry warrior in the army that was about to block their path, grinning rather deviously as he picked up his pace to separate himself. "Keep the shield down for now and keep running. Try to get through as quickly as possible.. Don't worry about me for the time being, I'm going to make it a little easier." he spoke out to Lazaryos, taking a rather rare opportunity as he took off much faster from the group to put a little distance between them, making himself the focus of this particular warrior. Seeing him raise up his battle-axe, he sped as fast as he could and took a on-back-slide between the wide-stance of this warrior's legs, only to have to quickly take out another cavalryman with a trip of his sword-and-sheath set and quickly getting up to turn around to the one he took the slide to avoid the downward axe-strike, quickly tapping him on the shoulder to divert his attention away from the group and doing a whistle to get his attention. "Over here!" he teased at him before the warrior tried to take another swing at him, Vosur quickly ducking underneath, the group nearing their position as he grinned very slyly to him. "Such an idiot." he spoke as he slipped through the legs again and kicking him in the rear to knock him off balance, but not off his feet.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #989 on: March 08, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
Lazaryos sighed a little in relief as Vosur left, allowing him to shrink the shield a bit, reserving a little more Majicka. His legs were beginning to feel weary, but he did his best to ignore the pain as he tried to put up another net around their feet so that it could stop or slow down the on-bearing soldiers all around them. Lazaryos was just glad they didn't have to do any more dodging for a while, so he could allow himself to use the nets on the ground.