The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: The Search For Mana  (Read 66808 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: The Search For Mana
« Reply #990 on: March 08, 2011, 04:24:51 PM »
Ember watched Vosur run off and distract the large cavalry warrior. She directed her attention forward again though just in case anybody got through the shields that Lazaryos had up to protect them. Out of the corner of her eye, she kept track of what Vosur was doing with the warrior and got a chuckle out of how easily tricked the guy was when Vosur distracted him. She had a feeling that she would be very drained of energy by the time they got through the battlefield.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #991 on: March 09, 2011, 12:18:37 PM »
Chrono did his best to focus on only the people that were attacking them directly, but it was getting difficult as they came across more front-line grunts that seemed to blatantly ignore their passing. He could see Vosur taking on the warrior ahead of them, and all it did was get himself further frustrated his own lack of action. Luckily he didn't have to wait much longer as three warriors, dressed in the rediculously generic 'recruit' armor, ran right towards him and sealed their fate upon entering the reach of his sword.
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #992 on: March 10, 2011, 08:41:07 AM »
Vosur kept on in 'playing' with the large warrior, dodging his strikes as he would see the group catching up close to his position. Seeing the one he had been playing around with start to get more wild with his attacks, Vosur kept his distance a little until the warrior tried an overhead-strike into the sand, dodging to his right and then immediately dashing forward to grab the back-up knife with the sheath from the belt of the cavalryman with ease as he ran off with the rest of the group, leaving the warrior exhausted and stunned as he now felt the empty place of where his knife was no longer attached to his belt. "Not my style to usually steal... but I think I will make more use of this than you would, my large friend." he called out as he approached Lazaryos with his sword-in-sheath in one hand, and his newly-claimed knife-in-sheath in his other hand, trying to attach it onto his own belt with just that one hand. "Once we make it out of this crowd, that shield of yours better be up in full-strength. Those artillery-mages too far away for me to get a clean-shot with my cards and their aim is getting better."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #993 on: March 10, 2011, 04:30:24 PM »
Lazaryos growled back over at Vosur, "Shut up! Your job is to help us dodge those bombardments. Even with all my Majicka at full, it would be impossible for me to block a direct hit. Combined powers of magic at that magnitude are made in order to destroy and break through anything and everything. So do your job and lead us properly! As long as we reach the bridge, we'll be fine. No one has the galls to fire near the bridge."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #994 on: March 11, 2011, 02:48:13 AM »
Ember just kept running along with the rest of them. She had nothing to say at the present moment about anything that was going on even though she was kind of surprised that Lazaryos snapped at Vosur so badly when he had returned and said that Lazaryos' shield needed to be at full-strength. Of course, she wouldn't have taken too kindly to that if it had been said to her either since she didn't like being given orders or anything that seemed like an order or a doubt of her abilities.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has made a suggestion for the forum that was approved and implemented Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #995 on: March 11, 2011, 05:39:46 PM »
Vosur wanted to growl back, getting interrupted with a sword coming at himself, which he barely moved his head away just in time to prevent getting decapitated. He retaliated with a hit of his hilt into the neck of his attacker, then kicking him away as he tried to make the group continue pushing through the crowd. "Fair enough, but they will anticipate us coming out of this crowd soon. I was hoping to continue using them as a shield until we got to that bridge." His eyes went up to the nearest opening in the crowd of fighters, having to knock away some of the closer ones with an unsheathe-and-strike motion again. "Bank right a couple of seconds after we get out of this mess, too early and we'll make them re-aim while they're casting, too late and we'll catch right into their attack." he called out to others, resheathing his blade while running for the opening to lead the group.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #996 on: March 11, 2011, 09:39:08 PM »
Lazaryos grunted as another impact shockwave from a nearby bombardment rocked his barrier, "Just lead! Our asses will be backed otherwise, assuming we keep our asses!" He figured that they'd have to speed up their strides so he decided to no longer run the net around them and even conserve some of his Majicka by doing so. Half of the Majicka that he reserved from the net went into his barrier, enforcing it a bit while still reserving some Majicka consumption.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #997 on: March 12, 2011, 03:30:30 AM »
Ember watched the others as she ran in case she had to back anyone up and also watched the area around her to make sure no one got through the barrier and managed to sneak up on her. At one point, she saw someone in her peripheral vision. Her hand was already on the sword at her waist before that moment so she continued to run like she didn't notice them. At the final moment when the person was preparing to strike, in one completely motion she quickly drew the sword and swung it in a 180-degree semicircle to her right, decapitating the attacker, then put the sword back in its makeshift belt-sheath.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster Top 50 Most Online
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #998 on: March 14, 2011, 02:14:48 AM »
Chrono smashed his left fist into an amazon's shoulder to stop her spear throw at Vosur while stabbing another green horn recruit that came up to help her. All he did was delay her demise for five seconds, after which he beheaded her with a side-swing to the back of her neck. He then caught back up with the group just after Lazaryos yelled at Vosur to keep on leading. Huh, I'm getting hungry again...
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #999 on: March 14, 2011, 05:48:17 PM »
"Thanks for the save, Chrono!" he called out as he saw the spear-throw attempt being blocked and the attacker having been taken down. As soon as they cleared the battleground crowd, he glanced back to make sure that their group was still intact. "Better give it all you have or your buns are going to be toast!" Vosur called out as he started to pick up the pace a little, trying to make sure he did not separate himself from the group. Now that they were away from the main battle, he put away his sword-and-sheath, going for his cards as he kept his eyes peeled for more attackers.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1000 on: March 14, 2011, 09:30:37 PM »
Lazaryos huffed as he kept up his pace with Vosur's. He had strong legs, but even the strongest legs in the world couldn't run for THAT long of an extended period of time. Finally, at the last stretch with bombardments aimed at them all, Lazaryos dropped the shield, "Make it or break it! Vosur, you better be steering us well because there's not even athe slightest dampening happening now!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1001 on: March 14, 2011, 11:06:19 PM »
Ember kept pace with the rest of them as they want along, always taking down anyone who got through the shield and came at her or Lazaryos since he was preoccupied. When they were out of the crowd, she was partially relieved but she knew they still had a ways to go before they would be safe from the crowd and an even longer way to go before she'd know whether she would live or die in the big fight for the Mana. When Lazaryos dropped the shield, she kept pushing herself to keep her legs moving as fast as was necessary. She stumbled a bit but managed to right herself instead of falling over.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1002 on: March 17, 2011, 04:56:24 PM »
On cue with Lazaryos' loud voice, a wispy aura of magika that Chrono had during the start of the charge, returned with a stronger intensity. He was now outpacing everyone in the group, and had reached up to Vosur by the time the aura had vanished once again. In his head all that mattered was that he kept up with Vosur, the one who was chosen to lead this rather unlikely alliance through the Blue Crimson at the cost of likely never returning alive.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1003 on: March 17, 2011, 05:58:16 PM »
Dante trailed behind the others, his cross keeping him at the back. He wasn't far behind though, merely a few seconds difference. When Ember had stumbled a grin grew onto his face. "Don't fall now! Wouldn't want our firecracker to get left behind would we?!" he shouted out to her. He figured someone would comment that he was in last place in the race but he didn't care. "This journey is going to be the death of me..."

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1004 on: March 18, 2011, 05:13:32 AM »
He caught glimpse of the bridge and shifted their direction again to avoid another barrage of Magicka bombardments, some of them getting a little too close for comfort for himself due to them hitting at the ground in front of himself, which was why he had to change direction. Growling at the shots making them detour a little away from the bridge, Vosur tried to get a good throw of a couple of his cards in towards the artillery-mage group, only managing to hit one of them with a card, but the timing was not as he would normally plan, so the mage that was injured was pulled away from the group while the rest continued to fire, making him have to change their directions again, but this time towards the bridge better than they were before, making the group zig-zag. "Crap, too early." he muttered under his breath, starting to feel the fatigue from his exploits from the cavalryman and leading the group. "Ember, Lazaryos. Either of you two got enough power to cause them to cause an explosion near them? If we can make them just misfire at their own feet, that'll provide enough cover for us to get to that bridge!"