The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Ties of Blood: Of Fire and Steel  (Read 14699 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Ties of Blood: Of Fire and Steel
« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2010, 01:17:32 AM »
Shinzuu growled at Ryan over the Ferals' banging against the humvee, "We can't even get out, you idiot! How's about getting rid of these ferals trying to break in first!?" After the sparks and flames scared off the immediate Ferals. His face grimaced as he heard the chopper land nearby. Shinzuu grunted as he tried to pull himself out, he can feel water running somewhere. "Someone help me up. There's a waterline somewhere, and I'm dehydrated. Find it and break it when the soldiers come in. Also, get ready to bar all the doors shut, I have an idea..."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2010, 03:16:48 PM »
Coraline was lucky the Ferals fled before she had to use her powers. She heard the chopper land as well though she could tell it was a couple blocks away. She cautiously got out of the Humvee and helped Shinzuu out. His plan sounded good to her even without all of the details of it.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2010, 07:20:11 PM »
Yamataru leapt out of the helicopter as it landed and readied his rifle.  "Move it you worthless grunts.  I don't want Ferals showing up because of the noise."  Turning back to his surroundings he kept his eyes peeled for anything that might decide to come after them.

Offline Daidalos117

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: June 11, 2010, 04:46:59 PM »
Leonard grabbed his rifle and jumped out of the chopper, followed by the rest of the squad. After a few minutes they saw the factory where the escapees were supposed to be. The commanding officer, Yamataru ordered Leonard to grab four men and enter the factory through the back door, while Yamataru with the other four soldiers went in through the main entrance. "I don't like this." thought Leonard as his squad entered the building.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: June 11, 2010, 08:16:56 PM »
Rana found herself lost in the forest a mere short time after escaping. The self-sufficent duck believed in logic, and logic dictated, to her, that she not follow the pack. After all, who would expect that the glasses-wearing teen would stay behind, of all idiotic things, while the others made their escape? No-one, that's who. She was a nothing, a pawn that could easily be lost in the shuffle and wasn't cared about much at all.....After a time of hiking (as well as getting utterly lost), Rana had managed to find a quiet place to rest, under the shade of an old oak. It was here that she started to plan just how and where she would live from now on...
x

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »
Ryan watched as the ferals disappeared into the shadows. He was glad because he didn't think he could pull off something so powerful again for some time. He turned around to head back to the Humvee and stumbled to his knees but staggered to his feet again. He heard the chopper blades nearby but he was too tired to care anymore. Shinzuu had mumbled something about water from the inside of the Humvee but, to be honest, Ryan would rather bail on them. At the same time, Shinzuu was the reason he was free in the first place and he wasn't about to leave them behind in the worst of times. The flames were spreading and, soon, the whole area would be engulfed in flames and the place would be crawling with soldiers. They had to move or take care of the fire. There was an upside, however, when the flames illuminated the pipes that hung overhead near the ceiling of the factory where the ferals had previously been congregating. There was the watermain. To get to it was a mission in itself. He looked back at Tanner and pointed. "Tanner, follow me! We got to get up to that pipe." Ryan picked up the spiked baseball bat and began, through the flames, in the direction of the corroding stairways.

Offline Necrosis

• Avid Aardvark
  • Spetsnaz rulz, durak!
    • Awards
  • Species: Human
  • Coloring: normal flesh
  • Height: 2 meters
  • Weight: 235 lbs.
  • Build: muscular, yet agile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2010, 08:28:21 AM »
Upon hearing Ryan, Tanner immediately grabbed his rifles and jumped out of the Humvee, following Ryan to the stairs. "You got a plan?" Tanner asked, wiping his sweat, since it was getting hot from the flames.

Offline Gabag

• Replica Soldier Mk. VII
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
  • Species: Human (Replica Clone)
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2010, 05:32:35 PM »
From the hotel roof, the helicopter caught a glimpse of the humvee, but due to the angle of his visual, he could not see more. He radioed into the squad that he found the escapee's vehicle in the old Marty's Shoe Plant. The helicopter them flew off, not having any armaments to assist the team, but remaining on standby if a pickup was needed.

Offline Chrono Blackwyng

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Cooking with mouth-fire since the dawn of time...
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Shapeshifter Dragon
  • Coloring: Varies too much to put down
  • Height: 6 feet 5 inches (anthro) 40 feet 6 inches (Feral)
  • Weight: 450 lbs (compressed muscle)
  • Build: somewhat muscular yet still agile
  • Currently: Chillin', thinkin', staying up later than I should...
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2010, 05:42:56 PM »
Recca could tell it was only Furs just from the conversation, but it annoyed him to no end to be ignored despite showing himself as a 'floating fireball'. He extinguished the fire on his hand and climbed on top of the humvee and started waving his hands around like a conductor telling the orchestra to play softer. His gestures seemed to dim the flames to near non-existance with the help of his 360 degree 'reach' towards each ember. The flames could still help with sight, but now the building wasn't in danger of becoming an inferno. I know I'm good at hiding, but seriously, do I have to set one of these Furs on fire just to get their attention?!
"From suffering I was born, From misery I was conceived. From the plight of Mortals I thrive, From the pits of Hell I rise, beware...... For I live.........."

"Wait, you're here for my shiny loot? I thought you were here to avenge the cattle and people I've slaughtered..."

"I may not always be a caring person, but even when I am furious, it is mostly at myself for becoming this way"
The definition of Pwn (along with examples): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&feature=channel

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster Top 100 Most Online
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2010, 06:28:04 PM »
Shinzuu held onto Coraline as she helped him out of the humvee. He grunted and groaned as his body cried out. Shinzuu was barely able to remain aware. The dehydration had really started taking its toll on his mind. He started hearing something in the distance, footsteps. Shinzuu couldn't tell whether he was hearing things or that soldiers had disembarked and were heading their way. "Hurry! I can hear people coming!"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #115 on: June 14, 2010, 02:53:06 PM »
Coraline continued to hold Shinzuu up as the others headed to the water-main. She watched the stranger climb on top of the Humvee and lessen the flames around the factory. She wondered where he had come from since she hadn't actually noticed him before since she was preoccupied by the Ferals and whatnot. She didn't speak to him though because she was more concerned about Shinzuu needing his water.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Entaru

• The Jabberwocky's Apprentice
  • Lovable Lion
  • I...will never let go
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Plagas Infested Fox
  • Coloring: Ivory fur, and emerald (Bloodshot) eyes
  • Height: 6'3"
  • Weight: 170 lbs
  • Build: Gangly, almost emaciated
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »
Yamataru received the message and ordered his squad to form up.  "Alright, the targets have been spotted.  They're holed up in that show plant over there.  I'll be leading Alpha team in through the back entrance.  Bravo team will head around front to attract their attention.  We are permitted to use deadly force if nessecary.  Remember, these Furs are dangerous.  Take every precaution when dealing with them.  Move out!"  Yamataru called his team to him and began to run around the back of the plant.

((You're Bravo Team, Daidalos))

Offline Daidalos117

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2010, 07:27:09 PM »
Leonardo says: "Ok people, let's go! And no unnecessary noise ! Perhaps you do not want to kill us?"
Than Leonardo made a gesture to bravo team follow his.

Offline x

• Haven't You Heard?
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2010, 06:54:28 PM »
Something vile seemed to ruffle Rana's feathers, and no longer did she stay seated beneath this tree, resting. She rose to her feet and glanced about...the smell of smoke teased her nostrils slightly, sounds of peril irritated her ears, and the girl cringed. She certainly would not be heading in that direction. No. She would be heading towards the sound of the river, the sound of cool water, away from the mental suffering and sensation of constant fear and anxiety. Of course, nowhere may have been safe at all, but what did a poor, wingless duck know about logic aside from what she wished was true?

Hanging her head, she turned away from the smoky smell and began walking towards the reassuring sound of gurgling water, wishing more than ever that she had her wings back...then she wouldn't have to worry anymore...because then she could just fly away...
x

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #119 on: June 17, 2010, 12:24:56 AM »
Ryan looked back at Tanner. "I need to get you to a position with a clear line of sight to those pipes up there." Ryan said pointing upwards at the pipes blocked by large units of steel.

Ryan looked around and caught sight of a rusty door marked "Stairwell." He took off towards it, throwing his whole body into it. It broke off its hinges and landed on the floor with Ryan on top of it. He winced at the pain in his shoulder. "Not the best of ideas." He muttered to himself. He picked himself up and looked back at Tanner. There was a loud bang. The fox looked skyward to the ceiling above at roof level. Bloodline soldiers were making their way inside. "Hurry, Tanner, we ain't got that much time."