The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Parent Problems. (Poll)  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Ruffie Tealet

• Dancing Dragon
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years
  • Gingertom84 is King.
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis Familiaris Borealis - The Canadian Esquimaux Husky
  • Coloring: Snow white fur with a blend of Teal & Violet markings.
  • Height: 180cm / 5 ft 11"
  • Weight: 63kg
  • Build: Toned Lean
Parent Problems. (Poll)
« on: April 10, 2010, 12:20:11 PM »
Hi, I've been going through some parent troubles myself. Just today I got into a heated argument with my dad. I cried :'(  :/

So just wondering if there are any of you out there that can relate to me. Please feel free to post your own stories here if you don't mind sharing. We're all here as a big group of buds, I'm willing to hear you out and hopefully help ^^

^ Click and turn off volume :( (its bad)

Aims to keep Super Happy Horror!- Super Happy!

Offline Nyyrikkia Anikeria

• The light in the shadows
  • Handsome Horse
  • Terror of the night.
    • Awards
  • Species: Shadow dragoness
  • Coloring: Inky black with a deep red underbelly, blood red on the undersides of wings and ice blue eyes that turn blood red when using shadow powers. (see the wonderful avatar made by Niala)
  • Height: 3.2 meters tall
  • Weight: 750 kg
  • Build: Strong and agile
Re: Parent Problems. (Poll)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 12:51:50 PM »
My parents and I argue almost all the time but we still do have a bond which at times fell like its about to break. My parents and I usually get into fights over the computer, which I am only allowed on for an hour a day but they get all angry at me if I go 15 minutes over the hour and talk about cutting the internet off but also my sister. They always take her side (shes four years younger then me) and if i say something like shut up to my sister they bite my head off and if she says it to me they dont say anything. Argh! And she the one who always starts the arguments now days.
(Shouldnt this be in the Rants and Advice section?)

Offline Sparky15756

• Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster
  • A Wolf Amongst 'Roos
    • Fur Affinity
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf and Lucario, no hybrid
  • Coloring: Wolf: Red 'n' Pink - Lucario: Red 'n' White (instead of Blue & Black)
  • Height: 5'' 7
  • Weight: 116lbs
  • Build: Slim
  • Currently: Pondering the future demise
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 01:21:57 PM »
It's more of a love relationship with mine. They know who and what I am, Bisexual and Furry, they aren't too bothered about it. They want me to do the best I can with school and college, trying to help with life and stuff like that. Sometimes we joke, but I only talk to my mother, as she knows me more, since my dad has only ever been at home on my birthday ONCE, mainly due to him being with the T.A., and the fact that he drinks aswell, but only when we're on holiday in the caravan.
With 955 characters for a signature, I can try make something funny or interesting but no, I'm just gonna sit here and type instead of going to work because breaking the fourth wall is more humour than trying to figure out how I'll get access to my other laptop; picking up my charger that I left at a friends house, around 40 miles away...

Good going Sparky, you did well. On the plus side, it's given you a chance to accidentally revisit some old stomping grounds and see what madness you can create during this seemingly temporarily return.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
  • Reference: [link]
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 02:49:37 PM »
My parents and I don't get along. At best we just force ourselves to keep peace between each other. I'm a little better with my father than I am with my mother though. Moving away from home was one of the best things I've ever done.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Kutek

• Vibrating Furby
    • Awards
  • Species: Crow
  • Coloring: Black
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 03:29:56 PM »
My father is a bully and my mother has problems. I hate living at home. I'd like to be free.

Offline Snow

• Boisterous Bear
  • ★I Rock★
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Height: 7'5
  • Weight: 185
  • Build: Average
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 04:01:38 PM »
Well, my dad is a police officer and my mom is a cook for this one place. My dad was very passive, as long as I didn't kill anyone he was fine with it. My mom on the other hand was very strict on me, but in the end I found out it was for my good and thats all the matters now.
ŞÑØW
♪♫ Baptized in the river
I've seen a vision of my life
And I wanna be delivered
In the city with the sinner
I've done a lot of things wrong But I swear I'm a believer
Like the prodigal son I was out on my own
Now I'm trying to find my way back home
Baptized in the river
I'm delivered
I'm delivered ♪♫

Offline Silence the Splicer

• Boisterous Bear
  • rawr
    • Awards
  • Species: splicer
  • Height: 6'0"
  • Weight: 80 kg
  • Build: thin
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 10:27:17 AM »
i don't know where to begin... there are just so many reasons for me to hate my parents, and i don't live with either of them. my father left when i was very young and decided never to contact me until recently, and my mother is  manipulative and tries to control EVERYTHING around her. moving out of home was the best decision i've ever made.
By Jove!

Offline Asia Kali Yusufzai

• Unique Unicorn
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once. Top 50 Topic Starter
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: Hot Pink
  • Height: 5'9
  • Weight: 9 stone
  • Build: GORGEOUS
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 11:41:50 AM »
My mum has her downsides, but no more than any other person I know. I love her to bits really, and I can't help but admire her immensely. I just have to know how to navigate her mentality as I do with everyone. Yeah my mum's great.
"Parents always think kids are wasting their youth, and always have done [so] down through the millennia," says Tom Forsyth of RAD Game Tools. "'That Ug, always holding things. His front paws will develop in funny ways. Why can't he walk on all fours like normal proto-hominids?' And so, whatever the kids spend the most time doing, that's always what parents think is a waste of time, and what is corrupting their lives. It doesn't matter what that is. If all they did was homework, parents would be worrying that their kids aren't becoming well-rounded people. And, in fact, parents do this - enrolling math nerds in karate classes and the like. There is no way to win - parental paranoia ensures that kids are always doing the wrong thing."

Puncia's Foundraising Project

Offline Ruffie Tealet

• Dancing Dragon
  • Gingertom84 is King.
    • Awards
  • Species: Canis Familiaris Borealis - The Canadian Esquimaux Husky
  • Coloring: Snow white fur with a blend of Teal & Violet markings.
  • Height: 180cm / 5 ft 11"
  • Weight: 63kg
  • Build: Toned Lean
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »
@Nyyrikkia: Sibling favouritsm perhaps? I'm the only child so i cant really relate to that. But theres a downside too, it made one of my biggest fears to be "being alone", thats kinda how i normally am, i hide my insecurities under my social and outgoing, funny outer shell, when inside im someone who is quite attention seeking and clingy

@Sparky : Its great how they know you're furry and bi. If my parents knew I was bi , they'd kill me, maybe not but just disown me.

@WZ : im intrigued, may i know more? *wags and sits beside you patiently*

@kutek: So you still live with your parents? So do i, gah, soon as i get to michigan this fall, and start junior year, i'll be boarding there, so my parents will be half the globe away from me.

@snow : my dad is a virgo, such a perfectionist, the reason me and my dad argued yesterday was because i flip my hair ,without my hands out of my face, and i kinda play around with my stubble, he says im like a beggar, and i look filthy. He wanted me to cut my hair and i refused , we argued, havent talked since yesterday, been preparing my own meals since he never asked, and my moms in taiwan now. So yeah.. :'(

@Sound of Silence: Just recently? Why did he contact you so randomly again?

@AsiaBunny : I hope i can navigate my dad as well. Do teach your ways master!

^ Click and turn off volume :( (its bad)

Aims to keep Super Happy Horror!- Super Happy!

Offline Nyyrikkia Anikeria

• The light in the shadows
  • Handsome Horse
  • Terror of the night.
    • Awards
  • Species: Shadow dragoness
  • Coloring: Inky black with a deep red underbelly, blood red on the undersides of wings and ice blue eyes that turn blood red when using shadow powers. (see the wonderful avatar made by Niala)
  • Height: 3.2 meters tall
  • Weight: 750 kg
  • Build: Strong and agile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 01:35:06 PM »
@Nyyrikkia: Sibling favouritsm perhaps?
Definitely. She almost always get what she wants and they dont get angry at her about her attitude and they wont seem to see but I see that when shes a teenager shes gonna be worse then me and my parents always hit back at me saying "where do you think she learnt it from?" referring that she learnt it from me. Its not fair! And she jumps on my computer and stays on it for hours watching movies but I'm not allowed to stay on there for friggin two or three hours to type up one of my stories without my parents saying "that it will take over my life and that I ignore everything and everyone when I'm on it." One night she stayed up on it till 11 and they didnt go off, however if it was me then well...my head would have been bitten off. Argh! Sorry I needed to vent. I'll probably vent on here often if that's ok?

Offline Snow

• Boisterous Bear
  • ★I Rock★
    • Awards
  • Species: Sergal
  • Height: 7'5
  • Weight: 185
  • Build: Average
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 04:01:42 PM »
@Ruffie
Awww... dude I am sorry... Thats no fun at all.
ŞÑØW
♪♫ Baptized in the river
I've seen a vision of my life
And I wanna be delivered
In the city with the sinner
I've done a lot of things wrong But I swear I'm a believer
Like the prodigal son I was out on my own
Now I'm trying to find my way back home
Baptized in the river
I'm delivered
I'm delivered ♪♫

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Poster Top 100 Topic Starter
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 04:13:15 PM »
I get along way better with my mom than I do with my dad. My dad isn't around to talk to as much as my mom and my dad picks on me a lot because he's never around and assumes that all I do is sit around and be lazy. I can tell my mom anything but I can't stand talking to my dad. Everytime I do he always tells me how much I suck at something or how I don't do things up to his standard of perfection. Does my dad help me with picking universities? No. Does my dad help me with school work? No. Does my dad make fun of me all the time. Yes. And he wonders why I'm only rude to him.

mom > dad.

Offline Philly Tanuki

• The Pantsless Raccoon
  • Optimistic Owl
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Most Online This user has donated to the forum.
  • Avid Chipmunks Fan
    • Awards
  • Species: Tanuki
  • Coloring: Primary color: Cream, slightly tannish; Secondary color: Chocolate brown
  • Currently: Pinkie Keen!
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 06:40:34 PM »
I get along with both my parents immensely.  Sure there will be a time or two when I disagree with what they have to say, but usually it's for my own good.  I love them to death.  My parents know that both my sister and I are furry, not that they even probably understand it fully.  But they seem to have no problem with it at all.

Offline WingedZephyr

• Monochromatic Friend
  • Administrator
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Obtainable by request This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has donated to the forum.
    • Discord
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • My art and characters
    • Awards
  • Species: Cagon (cat/dragon hybrid)
  • Coloring: White with black "glove" markings and grey stripes
  • Height: 4' 6" (feral)
  • Build: small, lean
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 08:35:51 PM »
@WZ : im intrigued, may i know more? *wags and sits beside you patiently*

Very long story to get into all of it, but... My parents never trusted me even though I never gave them a reason not to, just because my older sister made irresponsible decisions, they expected me to do the same things. Nothing I ever did was good enough for them. I get blamed for things I don't do. My mother's made fun of me and put me down my whole life, and my father knows it but doesn't care to do anything about it. And I can't talk to my parents about anything because they're very close-minded and don't understand me.

They could be worse, but I just feel better not having to be around them. When I moved out to go to college, it was like night and day how much happier I felt in general.

Art stream:

** Art commissions currently open **
.: [Prices] :: [To-do list] :.
.: IMVU :: FurAffinity :: DeviantArt :: My website :.

Offline Vosur Aekira

• Old Wolf of the Sprites.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards Assigned to someone who is observed to be very friendly toward other members (frequently welcoming people in the Intro board, answering questions, etc.) This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum more than once. This user has donated more than $50 to the forum.
    • Awards
  • Currently: Exhausted
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 08:38:06 PM »
Love my mother to death, could care less about my father.