The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74592 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #1020 on: February 02, 2011, 02:13:41 AM »
Shinzuu sighed, "Well, I never regret going to any of them. It's just that the prospect of the LAN party is always on my mind. I use it to keep my mind busy enough that I don't think of anything else. But it ends up that once I get there and tune out Gretchen, the music soothes me more than keeping my mind at bay does. It just ends up being sweet release. It's just that I grew up a nerd, so video games are the only thing from my old childhood I have left."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1021 on: February 02, 2011, 02:36:39 AM »
"Maybe if I sing louder you'll have an easier time tuning her out. But then again I don't like to drown the others out like she does." Veronica replied as she stared at the grass. Love of video games wasn't really something she could relate to so she didn't comment on what he said about that. She played games but not the kind that most guys loved. The ones with shooting and blood and zombies and all that stuff. She plucked more grass from the ground, raised her hand up at eye level but her whole arms-length away, and then released it into the air. Her eyes followed the blades of grass as they floated away. She wanted to float with them, to be free of earthly limitations. "Singing is all I have..." She said softly as she watched the blades of grass float further until they landed a few feet away.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:38:53 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #1022 on: February 02, 2011, 03:02:19 AM »
"The music didn't bother me at all. It was actually pretty good." She frowned when he mentioned Schad. "Of course I was close to her. I was her close friend back in america until.." She trailed off, and averted her eyes away from him. "So, speaking of her what places were important to her here? We still need to spread her ashes, she's sitting on my entertainment center at my house. I don't mind her being there, but I'm sure she'd probably like to be set free and all."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1023 on: February 02, 2011, 03:44:46 AM »
"I don't think that jar is doing a very good job at containing her..." he mumbled, thinking how she was haunting him. "I'm not sure...We didn't do all that much together...We went out to eat at some ramen place that I can't remember where it is...There's the arcade...And here at the park....We hung out here the most...I guess it has the most history for us...Thinking on it that might be a good idea. The park. We should do it here...I think I could suggest a place." he said, standing up at the last bit of it. "Come on, I'll show you." he said beginning to walk off. He was heading for the bench that Schadenfreude would have frequently slept on. And where she had passed out, leaving Reno to take him back to the hotel.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1024 on: February 02, 2011, 12:35:28 PM »
Shinzuu felt bad and thought for a long while before standing up and brushing himself off. "Well, the past may be daunting, but it doesn't mean we can't make way and provision for the future. So why don't we go out for a bit and eat? Let's go back to the diner where Reno works." He offered his hand to Veronica before walking. After helping her up, Shinzuu took the lead, but blushed when he spoke before taking a step, "It may not be much, but you have me as well..."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1025 on: February 02, 2011, 03:30:40 PM »
Veronica thought Shinzuu sounded like a philosopher with the way he was talking but didn't say anything about it. "We're already out, but alright." She said, looking up at him then taking his hand and getting up. He didn't see because he had moved ahead of her afterward but she did smile slightly at the last thing he had said before walking. She followed after Shinzuu, staring at the ground as she walked. She didn't really have any interest in eating but it was something to do so she went along with it.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1026 on: February 02, 2011, 08:33:29 PM »
Marlowe followed behind Reno, jogging a bit until she caught up with him. "What do you mean it's not doing a good job containing her?" she questioned curiously. She didn't get what he meant by that, but whatever he did mean, she wanted to know. Her phone vibrated again, then continuously did so until finally, she decided to pick it up. "One second!" she said, stepping over behind a tree. It was her dad. "What?" she asked, exasperated with him just about blowing up her phone.

"Marlowe, where are you at?" he sounded just as frustrated as she was.
"Why do you care, why don't you just go off with miss Adali and leave me with strangers again?"
"Look, I'm sorry. She was having a breakdown, what else was I supposed to do?"
"Not leave me at the funeral home, Jesus." She growled. Before he could get a word in edgewise, she hung up on him and crossed her arms, leaning against the tree.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1027 on: February 02, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »
Reno scratched his head in embarrassment, he didn't plan on Marlowe hearing that. He was about to explain himself when she told him to wait a second. He turned to see her dart behind a tree. Which incidentally caused him to lose his footing. He fell on his butt again, after wards he got up, dusted himself off and went to seek out Marlowe. "Hey, you alright? We're almost there." Without thinking he took her by the wrist and pulled her gently back onto the pathway with a warm smile. "Come on." They continued walking for a moment, Reno thought that he was an idiot for grabbing her. "Uhm...As I was saying...I think Schad's been haunting me. That's why I said the jar wasn't containing her very well. I've seen her three times today. i saw her when I left my room...She put her hand through my chest. Then she bit into my neck at the diner...And then I saw her here...Up in the tree. She..." he trailed off at the end, not finishing his sentence thinking about what had happened.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1028 on: February 02, 2011, 09:16:35 PM »
When they made it to the diner, Shinzuu sat across from Veronica, at a two-person table. When the waiter asked what they wanted, Shinzuu ordered a whole lot from the menu, his stomach growling almost as loud as his voice. After ordering and waiting for the waiter to finish writing everything down, he turned to Veronica. "Order anything you want. I got plenty of money for this."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1029 on: February 02, 2011, 09:33:03 PM »
Veronica watched Shinzuu order all his food with a blank look on her face as she held her unopened menu in her hands. When Shinzuu was finally done and told her to order, she snapped out of it and just set her menu on the table, looking toward the waiter. "Uh, I'm just take a grilled cheese and as many pickles you can give me instead of fries or chips...and a chocolate milk." She said then handed the waiter both of the menus before he walked off. Feeling kind of awkward, she shifted herself in her seat a little like she was trying to get more comfortable and stared at the packets of sugar.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1030 on: February 03, 2011, 06:53:56 PM »
"Yeah, I'm fine, I just -- " She was cut short when Reno grabbed her arm. She followed behind him as he took her by the wrist, not really having a choice, but not fighting it, either since they were going to a place that was important to Schad. She was almost flabbergasted by what Reno was saying about Schad haunting him, and it made her slightly jealous that Schad had not visited her if what he was saying was true. "Are you sure that you're just not seeing things?" she managed to say as she followed.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1031 on: February 03, 2011, 08:01:18 PM »
"I thought that could be it...She was important to me. I thought maybe her sudden death could have warped my mind. But then again, that doesn't explain what I felt every time I saw her..." said Reno. It was about another minute before they came to the bench. He plopped down on it and looked at Marlowe. "This is it. This I think is the spot that's important to her. To Schad." He bent over to lean his violin on the bench as well when he dropped it and put his right hand over his left ribcage. "Oops..." he said, a bit of pain in his tone. He hunched over to try to relieve the pain and to play it off as if he accidentally dropped his violin. He picked it up with one hand and leaned it on the bench like he wanted it to be. Suddenly the pain was gone, he slowly sat up and leaned back on the bench.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1032 on: February 03, 2011, 11:26:16 PM »
Shinzuu frowned behind his hands but he figured not everyone eats as much as he does, and he had to come to terms with that. When the waiter took their menus and left, Shinzuu chuckled a little as he whispered over to Veronica, "Can you imagine Reno wearing one of those and taking orders? Or even him wearing that plus a paper hat mopping up the floors?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1033 on: February 04, 2011, 02:24:55 AM »
Veronica looked back at the waiter who was almost out of sight when Shinzuu posed his questions. "Actually...I can. Especially the 'taking orders' part. He seems pretty submissive." She said then grinned and chuckled at the thought of the paper hat, looking back at the table. "Can't say I blame him on that end either. Being on your own probably does that to a person..." She fell silent after that as she scanned the table with her eyes before resting her gaze on her hands that were clasped together on the table.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1034 on: February 04, 2011, 02:55:36 AM »
That was just the bench I was sitting on... She thought to herself as Reno plopped down onto it. It's also the one that Dad and I sat on the day of the funeral. The hair on the back of her neck stood on end as she realized all of this. She was yanked out of her trance-like state with the violin dropping. "Are you alright?" she questioned Reno, leaning down to help him. "You're poor violin is taking a beating."