The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74595 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #1035 on: February 04, 2011, 05:16:04 AM »
"I'm fine..." said Reno in response to her second. "Yeah...It's a tough little guy. Me parent's probably made sure of that. I was pretty careless back then." He looked down a bit, thinking of his parents. It saddened him a little thinking on it but you wouldn't be able to tell. The thought of not wanting Marlowe to ask about them passed through as he reflected on the bad things that had happened over the year. At the same time, he wouldn't mind the conversation.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1036 on: February 04, 2011, 04:17:31 PM »
Shinzuu sighed as he grew solemn at Veronica's words at being alone, "You know... it's more of what he chose to be like. I was alone to myself for quite a number of years myself, so I know. It's merely just what you choose to do for yourself. I was in the same boat, but I devoted myself to making my dad proud. Reno just decided to shut himself in and remain vulnerable to the world. I guess even if we are by ourselves under circumstances, personalities and choices affect how we turn out." Without saying another word, he merely stared down at the table and played with his chopsticks.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1037 on: February 04, 2011, 05:09:55 PM »
Veronica didn't respond to what Shinzuu said and instead unclasped her hands and examined each finger one at a time. She liked talking to him but she didn't want to talk about this stuff. The waiter came over with the drinks and set them on the table before walking off. In order to occupy herself, she opened the straw left on the table and put it in the drink. Picking up the glass, she took a long gulp of the chocolate milk while scanning the restaurant then put the glass back down and looked out the window.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #1038 on: February 04, 2011, 05:13:42 PM »
"Well, it's nice. I'd still be careful with it, even if it can take it.." She seemed to drift off not really knowing what else to say aside from what she had already. "Well, uhm.." On the inside, the awkward silence was making her squirm on top of the anger her father had caused for now. She kicked at some gravel, blankly.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1039 on: February 04, 2011, 06:08:24 PM »
"Thanks..." Reno said softly. Silence ensued, neither of them really knew what to say. He thought of mentioning the ashes, but just thinking about that made him feel awkward. "So...Uhm...Are you new here? I don't think I've seen you around. Do you go to Feral High?" he said finally, after a minute or so of silence. For some reason he didn't feel as nervous as usual, at least for being around a girl he didn't know.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1040 on: February 05, 2011, 01:24:44 AM »
Shinzuu drank his cold green tea and sat there in silence with Veronica. When their food came in it was a sweet release on his mouth pallet and cheered him back up a bit as he scarfed down his food with an increasing rate. Shinzuu didn't realize until now exactly how hungry he was. Waking up earlier than he usually did and eating breakfast 2 hours earlier than usual really builds up his hunger by lunch time. In the middle of eating, something came to mind and he stopped, looking up at Veronica, "So what will YOU do? What will you choose for yourself to become?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1041 on: February 05, 2011, 02:36:55 AM »
Veronica was pleased that she got a decent amount of pickles with her grilled cheese sandwich. She ate the first half of the sandwich in silence and was about to start on the second half when Shinzuu finally spoke again. "I don't know." She responded, looking at him and lowering the sandwich away from her mouth. "It's not something I really focus my thoughts on. What will be, will be." She shrugged then raised the half-sandwich to her mouth again, taking a bite of it.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1042 on: February 05, 2011, 04:05:44 AM »
"No, I moved here from America..." She said, looking down, "The move was sudden, I didn't really expect it. I'll be going to Feral High soon enough though. Otherwise, I don't really know anywhere around here other than that diner and this park." She shrugged, not thinking much on it. "I don't even know where Feral High is, I've only been there once, and even then, I didn't go in or anything."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1043 on: February 05, 2011, 04:16:29 AM »
Reno listened to Marlowe in silence, when she mentioned not knowing her way around he spoke. "I could show you around...School that is, I mean...Unless you'd like to go other places. With me. So I coud show you." He began to choke at the end. "Idiot." "Uhm..." he mumbled, scratching the back of his head nervously our of embarrassment. "There's an arcade...Also a restaurant...Hotel...Uhm...I don't know much else myself really. Aside from where I used to live."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1044 on: February 05, 2011, 01:36:25 PM »
Shinzuu frowned at Veronica's response, but decided not to push the subject since it was still a tender one for her at the moment. He went straight back to gorging himself on his 5 entrees and ended up finishing around the same time Veronica did. Shinzuu sighed in relief as he sat back and rubbed his stomach which, despite having eaten so much, didn't so much as bulge, so it looked a bit weird to anyone. He then asked the waiter for the check and then paid for it, leaving a healthy little tip. Before leaving, though, Shinzuu went to find the manager, but the manager was out, so he asked the waiter for a pen and some paper to write a note. After writing the note, Shinzuu left the diner with Veronica and walked around the sidewalks. "You want to go and hang out in Shinjuku?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1045 on: February 05, 2011, 09:20:51 PM »
Veronica finished eating the second half of her sandwich and ate all of her pickles in silence. She took her time with the pickles because she loved the taste of them so much. Watching Shinzuu when he wrote the note, she wondered what it was about. She walked along with him after they left the diner, looking around. "Um...sure." She responded to him since she wasn't really sure what she wanted to do anyway. "So what was that note about?" She looked over at him curiously.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1046 on: February 05, 2011, 09:42:27 PM »
"An arcade sounds pretty good." She muttered, still looking around, trying not to look directly at Reno. "I'm up for anything, I don't really have anywhere I have to be today," she lied, her phone vibrating relentlessly. She silenced it every time.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1047 on: February 05, 2011, 11:09:59 PM »
Reno stayed silent for a moment before saying anything. "Uhm...We could go there, if you like..." he said softly. He looked down at his violin, noticing he forgot his case over by the tree. "Oh, oops...I forget my violin case by that tree. Uhm...Excuse me for a second." he said, standing up. He ran off to where he left it and grabbed it. After standing back up from bending over to pick it up he saw Schadenfreude. "Schad! Why are you-" before he could finish he was tackled to the ground by her. He was sure he felt her, her hands on his shoulders forcing him to the ground, her legs beside his as she was over him. He looked up at her, and she grinned, a wide toothy grin showing her sharp fang-like teeth. Her smile spread ear to ear. She then opened her mouth, making Reno close his eyes as he usually did in this scenario. He opened them a moment later, and as he expected she was gone. He clutched his chest, feeling his racing heart. "Schad..." he said softly into the wind as he lay there on the grass, alone.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1048 on: February 06, 2011, 12:56:24 AM »
Shinzuu didn't really want to answer Veronica's question, but he did anyways, "Just a little something for Reno. The kid's shut himself in lately, just didn't want him to get fired, you know?" He didn't say much more about it after that, and just walked Veronica over towards the train station. When they got there, Shinzuu heard a familiar voice, "Shinzuu! Shinzuu! Where have you been!?" He turned around and saw Tabby not too far away in the crowd. Shinzuu grabbed Veronica's hand and pulled her as he entered his card into the terminal, "Let's get out of here, quick."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1049 on: February 06, 2011, 03:05:41 AM »
"Makes sense." Veronica responded with a shrug. After that, she followed him along to the train station, in silence, as usual. When she heard the voice calling out to Shinzuu, she looked in the direction of the source. A scowl appeared on her face at the sight of Tabby and she didn't need any more urging than the sight of her to follow Shinzuu's instructions. She didn't resist against his pull on her hand and went with him as he tugged her along beside him. Looking behind them, she really hoped that Tabby wouldn't catch up with them. If she did, Veronica had no idea what she might do to her if she got her on edge.