The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74601 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #1080 on: February 11, 2011, 02:13:20 AM »
Shinzuu hesitated but decided to go with it, "Alright, then. Let's go." He took Veronica to the top floor, which was made of only two halves. One was a warehouse-sized arcade, while the other half was a large section with nerds playing playing card games within a large card shop. "I read about a tournament going on today, it starts in 30 minutes. Winner gets quite a sum of money and some free boxes of cards, which are good for selling for more money. I've had this with me for years in case I met others who played, and I've only used this a couple times in the last month, but it was enough to build something better. If you think you're bored, I can get you some money for the arcade. I'm expecting to win this with flying colors."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1081 on: February 11, 2011, 02:52:12 AM »
Veronica groaned out loud at the sight of the nerds playing their card games. "Well if I had known it was this, I would have definitely said no." She said, sounding completely unhappy and almost mad about it for some reason. "This is going to take forever." She mumbled as she turned and walked off toward the arcade half of the floor without getting any money from Shinzuu. She didn't want to take any money from him but she wasn't going to stand around while he was playing some long card game tournament she didn't care about or have any interest in.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #1082 on: February 11, 2011, 02:58:46 AM »
"I'm not entirely sure." Marlowe admitted. "I'm still not entirely signed up for school. I'm pretty good at drawing.. That's something. I used to do martial arts in the US when I was there, but it wasn't exactly a part of school." She scratched the back of her head. "I'd love if they had some kind of video game club, but I know they won't." She kind of chuckled at her own comment.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1083 on: February 11, 2011, 03:50:56 AM »
Reno chuckled slightly as well. "Yeah, too bad for tha'. I think I would be top o' the class." he boasted a little. "You could try Kendo. I mean...It's fighting. Just with big, wooden sticks. Haven't really put thought into the many of the clubs...Could be some fightin' one. Maybe wrestlin', or somethin'. Maybe Karate? Makes sense." He stopped after that, he felt like he was getting too comfortable. Generally he talked a lot when he felt comfortable. His headache was gone too he noticed. Not too long later they got to his restaurant. Upon walking into the building he walked to the counter, to his surprise no one was there. "Reno!" cried out a female voice, seeming excited to see him. Reno turned around in time to recieve a hug from a gray furred female fox. "How've ya been, bunny boy? We've missed you around here. I'm sure- Oh ho ho! Who's this? New girl friend?" "No, Michelle...Just a friend. We were hungry and in the mood for somethin' other than ramen and rice if you get what I'm talkin' about.." "Alright, come on. I'll get ya seated." Upon being stuffed into a booth in the corner she got ready to walk away. "I'll be back for her order in a minute, I know what you want." Reno seemed confused at all this. "That's...Really strange...For her anyway...Last time I checked...She hated me..."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1084 on: February 11, 2011, 01:14:24 PM »
Shinzuu fished through his pockets for money when Veronica just up and left. Dammit... With only minutes left, he sighed and signed up. The tournament started without a hitch, with over 100 players. True to his word, Shinzuu did blow through his initial opponents with ease, but couldn't go on due to waiting for newer players who were pinned against each other to finish their matches. In between each match, he would walk over to the arcade and check on Veronica to see how she was and walked back afterwards. When the quarter finals started, no one had left, and there was a large commotion going on, that even the arcade goers came in to watch. Rumor of Shinzuu's deck and another kid's deck had reached people's ears about how they each took down their opponents in one turn, and the crowd didn't start gathering until the finals, when the tiger was pitted against Shinzuu. Shinzuu had heard of the other one winning on the first turn, too, so he was as tense. He knew he was going to get free cards that he'd be selling soon after, but the cash prize was on the line, as well as his pride. Shinzuu called heads as the coin for first turn was tossed by the judged.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1085 on: February 11, 2011, 04:12:25 PM »
Veronica wandered around the arcade the entire time. Shinzuu would pop up to check on her now and again but she didn't say much when he'd show up. Finally at a later time, the arcade became really quiet and she noticed that there was almost nobody left in there. She noticed the crowd across the floor at the card game tournament and assumed that they must have finally gotten to the final match-up. With a sigh, she slowly walked over to the other side of the floor and stood in the back of the crowd. Shinzuu was one of the last two, of course, and so was a tiger. She figured she'd at least watch this final match and "cheer on" Shinzuu even though she had no idea how a person was supposed to cheer on someone in a card game.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1086 on: February 11, 2011, 08:54:04 PM »
Marlowe looked at him awkwardly, and shrugged, taking a menu in her hand, scanning over the selection. She eventually decided that she wanted some steak, and so she ordered it with mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Her mouth was practically watering from anticipation. She didn't mean to bring up something bad, but she couldn't help but blurt it out. "So after this do you want to spread Schad's ashes?"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1087 on: February 11, 2011, 09:15:15 PM »
Reno was idly playing with a salt shaker trying to figure out why Michelle would be so nice when Marlowe asked the question. "...Sure...We should get it done sooner than later I suppose..." he said, sounding a little depressed and distracted. Michelle came back not too much later to take Marlowe's order. "Oh, Reno, boss says your missed days are excused." "Why?" he immediately questioned. His voice had a bit of sternness and growing agitation. Michelle said nothing and left with Marlowe's order. Only did she come back shortly with their drinks, she didn't look at Reno however. Reno just stared at the salt shaker in his hands, he didn't look angry, but he gave off an extremely mad vibe. He took a guess at why she was being so nice to him, she was in a sense showing him pity. The theory was further confirmed by his boss' leniency.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1088 on: February 11, 2011, 11:52:02 PM »
Shinzuu held his breath, watching the coin flop onto the table, tails. The tiger smiled and called first turn, Shinzuu frowning inside. The tiger then began to play card after card, playing cards that allowed him to draw and send cards straight from the deck to the grave. Dammit, it must be an Exodia or an Exchange of Spirit deck. Finally, the tiger played one more card and sighed, placing one card face down, and sending a number of cards from his hand to the grave, but he smirked, since the tiger's deck only had one card left, meaning Exodia. Shinzuu looked nervously at his own hand, like the tiger, didn't seem to have the cards for a first turn win, but his face grew brighter as he drew his first card. "As good as your Exodia deck is, you lose, man." Shinzuu smirked as he placed the card he just drew onto the table. "Card Destruction. My win." A lot of people around were shocked at the lucky win, many going, "Oh snap!" The store owner came up as the judge declared the win, holding Shinzuu's hand up with the cheering. Afterward, the owner laid 3 boxes of cards on the table alongside a stack of bills totaling to a high amount enough for people to reach in to grab in their minds, or from where they were standing quite a ways out. When the excitement died down, Shinzuu pocketed the cash into his jeans and took the three boxes with him as he walked up to Veronica with a smile. "Comon, dinner's on me. We can eat whatever you want tonight. Just tell me, I'll take you."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1089 on: February 12, 2011, 12:17:51 AM »
Veronica did actually become tense when the tiger's turn seemed to take forever, her heartbeat quickening. When Shinzuu laid his drawn card down and was declared the winner, she inhaled for what seemed like the first time since the coin hit the table. She was smiling when he walked over to her with a smile on his own face. "Congrats." She said when he got to her then eyed him curiously. "Why are you spoiling me?" She wasn't really evading telling him where she wanted to eat, she was just curious. Plus, she didn't really know any place to eat other than the normal places in Feral City, let alone where they were now.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1090 on: February 12, 2011, 04:39:49 PM »
Marlowe played with her straw, stirring her drink, looking around the restaurant, trying not to look at Reno since his mood seemed to be spiraling more towards angry. She felt awkward sitting there, partially because she didn't know what to do and partially because again, she didn't know where she was, and that began to grate in her nerves a bit. She probably looked somewhat nervous, waiting for her food. Her idle glances, eventually started to turn into her looking for their waitress with the food as if the food would be an icebreaker or a mood saver.. Possibly both.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1091 on: February 12, 2011, 05:17:51 PM »
After awhile of awkward silence their food got there, Reno kinda just stared at the extra large plate of chicken fingers. However his hunger was getting the better of him, he couldn't be mad, not when there was chicken involved. He set his sauce cups between him and the plate, one ranch and the other ketchup. He had noticed Marlowe looking away from him using his peripheral vision. He decided to let this one go, to not ruin the time. "I hope you enjoy it." he said softly. After that he started eating.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1092 on: February 13, 2011, 12:59:31 AM »
Shinzuu blushed when Veronica asked him why he was spoiling her, "Well... to be honest, it's what I've always wanted to do. I've always liked you, Veronica. I just never knew how to express it. Yea, at first, it was curiosity that it's because I'm not allergic to you, but it was something more. There was something about you that really held me in. And now, even more, do I feel like I have an obligation to show you how much I like you..." Shinzuu just trailed off as his face burned red enough to show a little through his fur, and he teetered off a bit so Veronica wouldn't notice him blushing.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1093 on: February 13, 2011, 03:29:37 AM »
Veronica hadn't really been expecting an answer like that from Shinzuu, but she couldn't say that she didn't like it. Her cheeks burned bright red which could be seen easily through her fur. "I know you like me, and I told you that I like you too, but you don't need to spend a lot of money on me to prove how you feel. There are other, less-expensive ways to do that." She said softly, looking at the ground, nervous about what he had said and what she was saying.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1094 on: February 13, 2011, 03:37:48 AM »
Marlowe shoveled her potatoes into her mouth, somewhat relieved that their food had gotten there. She felt kinda bad when she realized that Reno was noticing her not looking directly at him, and she managed to speak after she swallowed, "Well, I hope you do, too." Graceful. She poked at her steak, then looked for the ketchup on the table. She kind of felt disappointed when she noticed it was beside Reno, and part of her just wanted to continue eating her mashed potatoes without it partially because it looked weird and partially because she didn't want to bother Reno since he seemed to be in a fowl mood. Eventually, she convinced herself to ask him. "Could you pass the ketchup please?" She felt like she should ask what was wrong or if he was okay, but then she felt as if that might seem stupid. Please pass the ketchup. BUT NO SERIOUSLY WHAT'S BOTHERING YOU?