The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74605 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #1110 on: February 15, 2011, 06:51:40 PM »
"Well, I wished I could have moved here under better circumstances," she muttered, working on her steak. She had almost forgotten how rushed they were to leave and it struck her finally as she sat at the table that her father was probably caught up with loan sharks again. She seemed to sit there for a moment staring at her steak blankly until she remembered she was in the middle of a conversation. "And, uh, I knew Schad well.. For a long time. I knew her when I moved to America when I was younger," she said, finally snapping out of whatever she was thinking about and finishing eating her steak. "And you?"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1111 on: February 15, 2011, 10:04:25 PM »
"Only a month or so...We met at School. We met kind of oddly...I sat down at her table at lunch...I was looking for an empty one, but there wasn't any. And hers was the most empty so I just went for it. She was drawin'...Looked like the back of a head or somethin'. Speakin' of her drawin'...I have her sketch book..." Reno said, still playing with the salt shaker. "So who is that that keeps callin' ya? I hear your phone go off every so often."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1112 on: February 15, 2011, 10:41:57 PM »
Shinzuu then began to ask questions about culture and hangout spots. About halfway, their food came and they took a break from questioning and ate a bit. However, after a couple bites, Shinzuu started asking again about America, asking about the similarities he heard there were between Nippon and the States. By the time they were finished with their entrees, Shinzuu's nerd side began to take over and his questions started relating to games, science fiction stuff, and the like.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1113 on: February 15, 2011, 10:54:13 PM »
Veronica answered Shinzuu's questions with ease. When their food came, she put salt and pepper on her spaghetti then began to eat. After eating a couple of fork-twirls of spaghetti, Shinzuu started in with the questions again and she answered them in between bites of food, trying not to have food falling out of her mouth. She wasn't really surprised that by the time they were done with their main dishes that the questions had changed to ones about games and other "nerd" subjects. She didn't mind it though since she enjoyed the conversation.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1114 on: February 15, 2011, 11:04:39 PM »
"My dad. I kind of.. well, ran out on him. I haven't really seen or spoken to him since he left me at the funeral home." She seemed a little disappointed as she talked, stuffing her hands in her pockets. "So what do we do next?" she asked, digging out her wallet to pay for her meal. "We can wait until tomorrow for Schad if you want. I'm sure she won't mind my dresser for one night longer." She tried her best to smile and make light of the situation, but part of her felt bad.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1115 on: February 16, 2011, 02:11:14 AM »
Reno listened to Marlowe answer his question. When she asked what to do next he shrugged. "I'm not sure...We went to the arcade...We probably should get this over with...If nothing else. Maybe an idea will come to us." Michelle soon came back with the bill, Reno took it and payed half since he saw Marlowe paying too. He left a tip and stood up. "Why don't you come up with something? I don't think it's fair I choose what we do." he joked a little.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1116 on: February 16, 2011, 12:40:47 PM »
Finally, the questions came to an end when the waitress came back and asked about dessert. Shinzuu ordered some and the waitress left. Not that much longer, the waitress came back with four teramisu. Shinzuu's mouth watered at the sight. As much as he loved his own heritage and the foods that accompany it, foreign desserts were quite the delight for him on any occasion and whenever it is within his grasp. He happily consumed each one in two bites, sighing as it just hit the spot to be full.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1117 on: February 16, 2011, 04:40:02 PM »
Veronica didn't order anything for dessert when the waitress came and asked about it. Against all guidelines for good table manners, she rested her elbows on the table and rested her chin in her hands as she watched Shinzuu consume the four pieces of tiramisu. She honestly couldn't understand how he could eat so much food with his stomach exploding from being overfull. He was a big guy though, so she let the answer be as simple as that.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1118 on: February 16, 2011, 08:26:28 PM »
"Well, if you can get me to the park, I can get us to my house to get her ashes." Marlowe looked down as she spoke, handing the waitress her half of the bill. "I don't suppose any of her other friends want to do this, do they?" She put her wallet away into her pocket. "I don't know how many friends she had here or who would want to be present, but I do know if we're going to do it, you have to get me to the park so that I can get back to my house." She smirked somewhat at Reno, "I'd pick where to go if I didn't just move here and I knew somewhere."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1119 on: February 16, 2011, 08:47:11 PM »
"That's a good point...I don't know if they'd want to be there...Maybe tomorrow would be better. I don't even know where they are." Reno turned to walk out of the building with Marlowe. Once out he put his hands in his pocket. "So what do you want to do? Granted you don't know what's here...But I kinda do. Just suggest something." Asking her to go to his place kept popping into his head, but he knew it would seem weird and inappropriate.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1120 on: February 16, 2011, 10:13:31 PM »
After paying for the dinner, the two of them walked out of the restaurant and Shinzuu led Veronica back downstairs to the terminal. "As much fun as it is out here, it still takes quite a long time to get back to Feral City from here. Let's head back now so we can get back by dinner time."

Meanwhile, back in Feral City, Tabby was at her friend's place pacing back and forth in anger. "That bitch took my man away from me! I bet you she used her parents as a way to get his feelings. I mean, you saw how Shinzuu and I were in love, right?" Her friend just sat there drawing in her little sketch pad, "Yea, whatever. It always seemed like he was avoiding you whenever Carmen wasn't watching. If I had any idea, I'd say he was using you."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1121 on: February 17, 2011, 01:39:51 AM »
Veronica followed Shinzuu out of the restaurant back down to where the terminal was. "Sounds fine to me. I'd like to be back in the area that I actually know and won't have to worry about getting lost in." She didn't feel hungry since they had just eaten but she figured that she probably would be by the time they got back to Feral City and got back to his mom's apartment. Somehow the idea of having to go back to school popped into her head at that moment. "Oh god, I don't want to go back. Everyone's going to look at me like they feel sorry for me..." Then she thought of Tabby seeing her with Shinzuu. "Well...maybe not everybody...I'm sure that will have gotten around by the time we're back..." Without paying attention, she let out a sigh that sounded kind of sad.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1122 on: February 17, 2011, 03:42:45 AM »
Marlowe scratched the back of her head. "I don't know. Walking is nice. I mean, we already ate and played video games. What else is there to do?" She felt stupid for saying it, but it was true, she didn't do much else aside from go out to eat and play video games. Sometimes she'd see movies or plays, but she figured that it was something that would take too long for them to do. "I really don't mind you suggesting, if I don't like it, I'll say so. I'm not the type to just let someone drag me around." She shrugged, but as soon as she did, an idea popped into her head. "Well, wait a minute, you guys don't have a comic shop do you? Like with American comics and all that do you?" Her face shifted to a certain amount of sadness as she realized she had left her comic book collection back in America when her dad rushed her out of the house.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1123 on: February 17, 2011, 04:12:55 AM »
"I'm not sure...I'm sure there is, but I wouldn't know where...Sorry." Reno said, seeming defeated. "Uhm...I've got video games at my place if yo-" "You (Censored) idiot. You let it slip..." "Erm...Uh..." At this point he was blushing, though it probably wasn't as bad as he was making it out to be. "W-Walking sounds nice. Uhm..." he choked out. He was overpowere by him embarrassment, not really able to form clear sentences. It was pretty apparent.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1124 on: February 17, 2011, 12:38:05 PM »
 Shinzuu noticed right off the bat how sad Veronica's sigh was, "Are you ok? You don't sound too happy. I know the card tournament was kinda long, but still..." Shinzuu sighed and just gave up trying to apologize for everything and make everything perfect. Who the hell was he kidding? He's not Mr. Perfect, and never will be. History has already proven THAT. But at least he did make her happy with the restaurant and the Batz Maru, so he guessed he should count that as a win.