The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74634 times)

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #1290 on: April 12, 2011, 10:23:06 PM »
Once they were done going through the routine again, the coach told them that they were done for the day. Veronica sat down on the mats and began to stretch again as she cooled off from the workout. She stretched her legs first as she randomly looked about the gym. When she was done stretching her legs, she stretched her arms while she sat Indian-style on the mats. Once she was finished with all of her stretching and her heart rate had slowed to normal, she got up and walked over to where her bag was sitting against the wall. She picked up the bag and slung the strap over her shoulder then turned and leaned back against the wall for a moment.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #1291 on: April 13, 2011, 03:39:49 AM »
Marlowe seemed to snap back to reality when she heard the name Shinzuu. She could swear that was the name of one of Schad's friends. Her focus shifted, and she found herself looking at the girl conversing with what seemed to be the head of the team. She looked away as soon as she laid eyes on her, figuring that it was rude to stare. She felt somewhat awkward because she knew she'd have to eventually talk with this girl, and she planned on putting it off as long as she could.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 02:31:30 AM by Mortis.Reptus »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1292 on: April 13, 2011, 05:41:16 AM »
Reno wandered around the school in search of the MMA club, and Tabby. He didn't know where he was going since he didn't know where the club met. He didn't think about the gym since basketball and cheer stuff would go on in there so he was at a loss. "No teachers around this time...Ugh...I just feel so weird carrying these...Things..." Reno did seem on edge, looking over his shoulder constantly as if he was avoiding the police after he had just robbed a bank.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1293 on: April 13, 2011, 03:41:35 PM »
At the end of practice, Shinzuu just kept his clothes the way they were and said goodbye to his teammates, getting "Welcome Back!"s from everyone except the coach. Instead the coach approached him after everyone left, "You're only on this team for the tournament. After that, you're off the team, and you're also not playing any other games, so be sure you're clear on this." Shinzuu sighed, "Yea, whatever. You want to keep losing, that's not my problem." Without letting the coach respond, Shinzuu left to look for Veronica.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 03:43:34 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1294 on: April 14, 2011, 01:06:50 AM »
Veronica looked up when she heard the basketball coach speak after that practice was all over and watched what passed between the coach and Shinzuu from where she leaned against the wall. When Shinzuu walked away from the coach, Veronica pushed off of the wall and swiftly walked up behind him though slightly to the side and poked her head forward to see his face. "Looking for me?" She questioned as she looked at him with a barely noticeable smile. She had had the urge to slip her hand into his when she had walked up behind him but she had resisted it. "How was practice?"

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1295 on: April 14, 2011, 02:37:18 AM »
Marlowe sat at her desk uncomfortably looking for something to distract herself with. She hoped somewhat that she could do like she used to do in America... Be an invisible nobody. It wasn't very hard to do given that she wasn't popular, but she was new and that was a factor against her. I'll just talk to the MMA club leader tomorrow, yep, that's what I'll do, she silently thought to herself, though, I wonder how long the school is going to just "let me observe" until they get tired of me not being anywhere in particular or not participating... She slumped down, feeling somewhat defeated at that last thought, and convinced herself to get up. She began to walk in the direction of the leader, but quickly changed her mind heading for the door. Tomorrow... Tomorrow, you'll do it tomorrow, Marlowe.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1296 on: April 14, 2011, 03:29:28 AM »
Reno continued his search for the MMA club lost in thought again. He was thinking about all the things that could go wrong with his "heroic" efforts towards Veronica's honor. Reaching a door he decided to try he looked over his shoulders as he walked in. He was too lost in thought to notice Marlowe heading for the door he just walked through and smacked right into her, falling down onto his butt. "Ow...What the hell?" he moaned, holding his face.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1297 on: April 14, 2011, 01:27:31 PM »
Shinzuu smiled and chuckled, "You were there, you already know, but it looks like no games for me except for the tournament in 2 weeks. Which is fine, I guess, since Fai pretty much screwed up the season for us, anyways. A team's only as good as its leader." He then took the lead off the school grounds, "So. Is there anything you want to do before going home?"

Meanwhile, at the MMA club, Tabby's attention was taken by the little bump-in at the door. "Oh yea, who's the new girl?" "I don't know, Pres. She just showed up for the club. I think she's that new American student." Tabby sighed and walked over, putting on her best fake smile that she always has for new people, "Hey! Welcome to our club!"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1298 on: April 14, 2011, 03:50:43 PM »
"Yeah but I wasn't actually watching your practice since I was busy with my own." Veronica responded, looking forward. "But you are good at basketball so I could just assume that it went well." She shrugged then remembered that he had asked her a question. "Oh, I can't think of anything I would want to do. I don't really go out much. I'm used to a pretty boring routine. Wake up, eat, school, home, eat, sleep." She looked over at Shinzuu then forward again as they walked. "But if you have something you want to do, go ahead and I'll just tag along."

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1299 on: April 14, 2011, 06:20:55 PM »
"Ow." Marlowe said flatly, falling backward herself. She had been so intent on the door that she hadn't really noticed someone coming through it. It was as if she had temporarily had tunnel vision fixated on the door. She didn't bother saying sorry as she attempted to gather herself up off the floor. She rubbed her nose. It still hurt from running into.. The rabbit. Well, now she could get Schad scattered "Hey! Welcome to our club!" was enough to get her standing straight up and stiff. The bull terrier wanted to just shove past the rabbit and keep going, but she knew good and well she had to turn around and interact. "Um.. Uh.. Hey." Marlowe said, slowly turning to see Tabby.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1300 on: April 14, 2011, 07:14:08 PM »
When Reno realized he had run into Marlowe he started to apologize as he stood up. "I'm sorry, I didn't-" he was cut short when Tabby came over to greet Marlowe "Club?" he thought as he looked around. He saw people practicing fighting and such. "Is this the MMA club...? Is that Tabby?" he continued as he grabbed his bag. "Was she the one who did that...? She's been bullying Veronica? Getting butterflies..." Reno was turning a bit pink at this point.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1301 on: April 14, 2011, 10:57:57 PM »
Tabby smiled and extended a hand, "I think you Americans shake hands when you meet, right? *Speaking English* Werucommu!"

Shinzuu looked up a bit, "Well, I usually head into downtown for the arcade after practice. It's how I stay in touch with my old nerdy side without it popping out during the school day. I also usually play games for money, betting and facing off with other people. I haven't been there for quite a while, so I wanted to head on out to it. You okay with that?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1302 on: April 15, 2011, 01:17:50 AM »
Veronica listened to Shinzuu as he spoke, not surprised by what he said since he seemed to be big into video games and the like. "Yeah, sure. Arcade's not a bad place to have to occupy myself while you're doing your own thing. Plus, as I said, I have no life." She said with a slight chuckle, though she didn't really think it was funny that she didn't go out much. Thinking about it actually made her feel slightly pathetic though she tried not to show it since she didn't want Shinzuu asking questions about her mental state, especially since the only time that she had usually went out was with her parents and that was it.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1303 on: April 15, 2011, 03:18:18 AM »
Marlowe reluctantly took Tabby's hand and shook it. "I'm actually originally from Germany," she muttered, unsure if the American stereotype was something she wanted to be classified with just yet. She drew her arm back as soon as Tabby allowed it. "Uh... Thanks, I guess." She scratched the back of her head, unsure of what to do at this point. Tabby already knew she was a new student, so there was no need in being redundant. She looked to Reno as if to question if he knew what to do, but he was pink at the moment.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1304 on: April 15, 2011, 05:15:03 PM »
Reno saw Marlowe look to him as if he knew what to do. He somewhat did, however he was nervous. Though wanting to help out Marlowe kinda gave him a boost of courage. "We're here to join the club. If there is any openings." he choked out. Surprisingly he didn't stutter, he sounded clear and professional to a point. "I'm Reno O' Malley. You are...Tabby, right?" "Devil woman." He felt she didn't even notice him at first, hoping speaking up would get her attention. He also hoped Marlowe was still interested in the club or he would look like an idiot.