The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74640 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #1320 on: April 20, 2011, 03:03:02 AM »
"Well...I get off late. Like...Midnight-ish...I mean...I would do it, but I'm not sure about the others. A weekend would be better. In my my opinion anyway..." Reno said, looking at Marlowe seem a little nervous. The action made him look away from her, he had thought it made her kinda cute. "I think she forgot I asked for her number. Does that count as being rejected? Ugh...Are we going to spread Schad's ashes near the bench?" "Do you know where we should spread them? I think the bench is the most important to her...But I don't know, it just seems weird to me..."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1321 on: April 20, 2011, 02:53:23 PM »
Ouri almost whimpered at Veronica's look when he was about to speak,"But we don't have American cheese. Only cheddar and pepperjack." Shinzuu sighed, "Just give her the cheddar, man. I'm pretty sure people used to American Cheese can eat that over pepperjack." He took another chug of his ramune and waited awkwardly until the food came. Shinzuu stayed at the counter after getting his food and started gorging on the sushi, happy to have it again.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1322 on: April 20, 2011, 04:01:28 PM »
Veronica sort of felt bad that Ouri had taken her look seriously. When she heard that she had to have cheddar instead of American cheese, she was disappointed because she knew she wasn't going to like it since she had had it before and didn't like it. She eyed the grilled cheese when it came then cautiously grabbed half of it and lifted it to her mouth. She took a bite of it and made a face since it tasted weird to her. Forcing herself to eat the rest of that half and the other half, she was relieved when she was able to eat the pickles. When she took the first bite of the first pickle, she let the taste of it wash out the taste of the cheddar in her mouth.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #1323 on: April 21, 2011, 12:23:27 AM »
Marlowe let out an exasperated sigh, followed by a few partial words stretched out as if she was trying to find the right thing to say in the situation aloud. "Uhhh, I really don't know." She rubbed the back of her neck a bit, "I.. I really don't know. I mean, I hadn't... I hadn't talked to Schad in a long while." Saying what she had to made her feel a little worse on the situation as if she was coming clean about a big lie. "Y'see, Schad and I haven't been friends for a long while..." She continued to look down. "Things got pretty dicey, and well, our friendship ended before she moved to here with her mom. I'm only here because of my dad. He has a thing for her mom..." The bull terrier felt a lingering amount of guilt as she spoke. I miss who she used to be before. Not who she was when she was here. She wanted to say it out loud, but again, she swallowed, keeping the last part to herself.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1324 on: April 21, 2011, 01:23:43 AM »
"I see..." said Reno. "Got rejected." "Well...We can go this Sunday. No school or work then. We can also go tonight maybe. Though I doubt we'd be able to do it with the others...Maybe tomorrow? Would give us a chance to find them. If you wanted to get them in on it that is...I don't mind either way." He fumbled with his phone in his pocket, wondering if he should repeat himself. A few moments later he took out his phone to check the time, he had about an hour until he had to be at work. "Wanna go somewhere and talk about it? I gotta be to work in an hour. Maybe we can get a bite to eat? I'll buy." he said, trying not to sound like he was in a hurry.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1325 on: April 21, 2011, 12:40:02 PM »
Shinzuu was a little disappointed that Veronica didn't like the sandwich, but he was happy that she at least stuck with it and ate it all. He finished off his food and bought another ramune for the way home. Shinzuu checked his watch, 7pm. "Well, I guess it's about time to head back. I have a ton of homework to do, so I think it's best to head back. You ready?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1326 on: April 22, 2011, 02:15:59 AM »
Veronica ate each of her pickles slowly to savor the taste that she actually enjoyed having in her mouth. She had just finished her last pickle when Shinzuu spoke to her and asked her if she was ready to head back to the apartment. "Yeah, of course. Don't know how much work I'll get done tonight. I'm feeling pretty tired and I doubt my mind is in a state to actually deal with that crap." She responded to Shinzuu and let out a sigh.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1327 on: April 22, 2011, 01:24:35 PM »
"I don't know how talkative I'll be, but I wouldn't mind eating." Marlowe replied crossing her arms. She began to move towards the door, and once outside, she slid her skeleton hoodie over her uniform and put on her hat. In all honesty, she wanted to get away from school, even though she had only attended half of her classes today. She looked behind her, waiting on Reno. "You're gonna have to lead, I don't know anything about this place, hardly."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1328 on: April 22, 2011, 02:38:40 PM »
Reno watched as Marlowe went on, following shortly after. "Okay..." he said as he walked in front of her. Walking on silently they made it to the restaurant in about fifteen minutes. Walking in he greeted Michelle who was behind the counter. "New girlfriend already? Sheesh you work fast." she said fairly rudely. "Hello to you too." Saying nothing else she led them to a table, when Reno found out she wasn't going to be waiting on them he thanked god in his head. It was a male water, a golden retriever. He asked for what Marlowe wanted to drink, completely ignoring Reno. It wasn't that he was being rude, he knew what he wanted already, he rarely ordered anything else. After getting the drink he left, coming back a few minutes later to take her order only to leave again after. Reno was resting the side of his head on the palm of his hand with his elbow on the table. He was daydreaming like he usually did, not realizing he was staring at Marlowe.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1329 on: April 22, 2011, 10:09:39 PM »
It took Shinzuu and Veronica around 20 minutes to get back, and like before, he let Veronica in first. Inside, Shiori was washing the dishes after her own meal, "Heya, kids! Have a nice date? You know, it's easier on a Saturday night when you don't have class the next day. You couldn't wait one more day?" Shinzuu scowled, "Keep off the sauce, mom. You are so insensitive when you are."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1330 on: April 23, 2011, 01:24:09 AM »
When Shinzuu let Veronica inside, she bent down and took off her shoes while listening to his mother speak. For some reason, what Shiori said really irritated her so immediately after she got her shoes off, she quickly moved down the hallway and into the guest room, slamming the door shut behind her at about almost the exact same time as Shinzuu finished speaking. She dropped her bag on the floor next to the bed then hit the play button for the CD setting on her radio, starting up her Adam Lambert CD. As "Music Again" started playing, she pulled her books out of her bag and set them on the bed. After that, she got on the bed and sat Indian-style, flipping one of the books open along with the corresponding notebook for that subject.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1331 on: April 23, 2011, 03:18:36 AM »
Marlowe tended to brush off the comments that Reno was getting noticing that it was irritating him. She stayed rather quiet as well, not really knowing what to say to Reno, but then again, he seemed to be off on another tangent altogether. When her drink arrived, she more or less played with it to take up the time. She tore her straw paper to bits, making a face on her cup by using the condensation from the cup to stick the paper to it. The face looked horrified and was looking up. It looked as if the cup was displeased at getting its contents drank from it. Marlowe faced the cup outward, its face pointing towards Reno in its silent scream as she sipped on it, wondering if the rabbit was even paying attention to her at this point.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1332 on: April 23, 2011, 04:11:12 AM »
Reno came out of his day dreaming when Marlowe had faced her cup at him. A smirk crawled onto his face, still leaning on his hand. "Your cup doesn't look happy. It must be one of those cups that are half empty." he joked. He put his hands onto the table, ceasing to lean on one. He mimicked Marlowe's action with the cup and wrapping, however making a happier face. "This one is half full." he said after drinking down the coke inside to half way. He too turned his cup towards Marlowe. Shortly after their orders arrived. Reno was handed a plate full of fries and chicken strips and Marlowe was handed a plate of chicken Alfredo she had ordered.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1333 on: April 23, 2011, 05:26:40 PM »
Shinzuu got to his homework, but couldn't help but to be reminded of what happened not too long ago. He had lost a new friend. I wonder what's going to happen to Reno, now. Poor kid, and poor Schad. I wonder if they've scattered her ashes yet, and I wonder what that Merlot or Marlowe or whatever her name is, is going to do. She's cute, I'll give her that, but it's not exactly proper or appropriate to push Reno on her after Schad's death.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1334 on: April 24, 2011, 02:50:36 AM »
Veronica had her radio/CD player turned up so that the music drowned out any other sound that might occur anywhere in the apartment. Getting up off the bed, she undressed and changed into some of her pajamas. She went back to the bed and re-situated herself on it so she was sitting Indian-style with her books in front of her. Letting out a long exhale, she then grabbed her pen, sat her notebook on her leg, glanced at the book, and started writing. The music continued to play loudly but to her it sounded soft like background music.