The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74642 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #1335 on: April 24, 2011, 03:49:47 AM »
"AHHHHHH." Marlowe let out a cheesy awkward laugh with a funny expression. "Gotta admit, that was..." she stopped.. "PUNNY." She ceased as she realized how awkward she was being, then quietly continued to sip from her cup, her paws at her side as she averted her eyes. When her food came out, she dug in without hesitation. She was pretty hungry, and wasted no time to completely demolish her plate.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1336 on: April 24, 2011, 05:38:09 PM »
Reno smirked at Marlowe's awkwardness, trying to seem like it was funny in the slightest bit. He ate his food quickly when he saw her doing the same. However, he couldn't keep up with her in the little race they had. He choked on his food a bit from thinking about Schadenfreude and how they didn't eat out often as him and Marlowe. "Bollocks...When did we last go get something to eat? Ugh...I hope she doesn't consider this a date or something. I mean...We're in a nice restaurant. I'm an idiot...What time is it? I should have to work soon..." Reno kinda just sat there awkwardly after he finished choking, slowly finishing his food. "Uhm...How...Was yours?" he said softly. He wanted to say something like "Oh look at the time! I gotta go to work now! Bye!" but he figured it wouldn't look right after the awkwardness from earlier.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #1337 on: April 24, 2011, 11:52:40 PM »
Shinzuu sighed, the thought lingering, and finally gave in and put down his homework and shuffled through his school bag for his cell phone. He finally fished it out and started going through the phonebook on the phone and finally found Reno's name. Shinzuu selected the name and then selected "Send Text" and started typing. "Hey, man. Sorry about Schad. You guys scattered the ashes yet? If not, would it be cool if I joined you guys?" He then clicked "Send" and was about to put the phone away when something struck his mind and he took the phone back out, typing another quick message. "So that girl who is Schad's friend. You tappin' that?" He then clicked send again and went back to his homework.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1338 on: April 25, 2011, 02:37:38 AM »
"It's pretty good. Though, uh, you might want to take it slow there. You gotta chew before you can swallow there, buddy." She chased the last bit of her meal around with her fork on her plate, playing with it as if she were a whole four years old, drawing in the sauce. "Other than the choking, how was yours?" She didn't really know what else to say other than to return his question back to him for him to answer.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1339 on: April 25, 2011, 02:59:16 AM »
"It was good. I love me some chicken." Reno replied. Just the his phone went off, which surprised him. You could tell because he jumped a bit. "Since when do I get phone calls?" he thought as he fumbled for his phone. "One sec..." When he got it and looked at it to see it was a text. "Oh...It's a text...From...*Reads it*...Who is this...? Hmm...Could it be Shinzuu? How'd he get my number? It makes sense though..." "Uhm...I think Shinzuu just text me. He wants to know if he can spread Schad's ashes with us." he explained, looking up from the message on his phone. "What do you thi-" just then the next message came in. Reading this one made him turn beat red and facepaw. "Oh my god, Shinzuu..." he muttered. He text back quickly saying "Nooo!! I'm not! How did you even get my number?! I'll ask her, see if she minds..." After that he clicked send and set it on the table. A moment later he realized something, grabbing his phone again. He sent another text saying "If you can go! If she minds if you can go! Spread her ashes. Not...nvm..." "So would you care if he came? And maybe Veronica?"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 02:35:16 AM by Srgntcuddles »

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1340 on: April 25, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »
Shinzuu chuckled when he got the first text. He was texting back "What you need her permission to nail-", when he got the second text. "Oh." He then texted back, "Okay, just let me know. But anyways, I got your number from the office several days ago, since I never had the proper time to ask you. Anyways, just let me know. Here's Veronica's number, too. I'd ask her, but I don't think I'm the right person to do it.  --> XXXX-XXXXX"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1341 on: April 26, 2011, 02:27:23 AM »
Veronica had finished half of her homework by the end of the CD. Leaning over sideways, she started the CD over again then grabbed the book and notebook she had finished using and dropped them on the floor next to the bed. She could barely hear the sound of the book landing heavily on the floor since the music was blaring. Pushing her other books and notebooks to the side, she laid back on the bed, sprawling out her legs and arms. As she laid there staring at the ceiling, she started singing along with the song playing on the CD.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1342 on: April 26, 2011, 03:48:56 AM »
When Reno turned red, she wondered what the text was. "You alright?" She looked at him skeptically. "I don't mind, I mean, like I said, I was.. Just thrown into all of this. You guys are probably more friends to her than I am... Was." Marlowe seemed to be getting uncomfortable talking about it. She looked away and her posture seemed to be getting stiff as she scratched at her arm somewhat nervously. "I mean, don't get me wrong, I cared."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1343 on: April 26, 2011, 03:50:15 PM »
"I'm fine. It was nothing." Reno replied quickly, looking away nervously. He listened to Marlowe talk, when she finished he looked at her. "I know you cared...I mean...You were best friends at one point...Compared to that I barely knew her...Still...I-" Reno was cut off when the waiter came by to ask if they were done. He gave him their plates and he left. Reno didn't finish what he was going to say and grabbed his phone. He was going to start texting to Shinzuu when he heard his boss call out his name. It made him jump and he dropped his phone on the table making it slide over to Marlowe. He looked over to where the voice came from and saw his boss making a hand gesture that he wanted him to come over there. "Uhm...Be right back. That's my boss." he said somewhat timidly. He figured he was in trouble or something. He walked over to him and went into the back with him. "Reno, how are ya?" "Good, sir." "Good! Now what are ya doing here?" "Uhm...Waiting to clock in. Sir." "What for?" "I...Need to work?" "Not today." Hearing that made Reno happy, but still questioning. "R-Really? I could have swo-" "Nope. You don't work today." "But my schedule..." he said, taking out his schedule. His boss took it from him quickly. "You have the outdated one. This one is current." he said handing him a slip of paper saying "You don't work today". Reno decided not to push this anymore and stopped. "...Th-...Than-" "Go on, Reno! Go have fun or something. What ever you kids do." he said gently pushing him away. Reno left with a smirk on his face back towards the table. What Reno didn't see was Mr. Avery coming from the break room with a cup of coffee. "Good. Very good..." he said before sipping on his coffee. "Yeah...Hopefully he will get better." his boss said turning and heading back into the back.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1344 on: April 27, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »
After listening to the first half of the CD, Veronica sat back up with a sigh. She was extremely bored and the only thing she had that she could to occupy herself was her homework. She slid one of her books back in front of her and the notebook for that subject. Flipping through the pages, she stopped on the page she needed and grabbed her pencil. Setting the notebook on her leg, she started working on the algebra problems in front of her on the page of the book.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1345 on: April 28, 2011, 01:15:26 AM »
As Reno disappeared, Marlowe looked up to see his phone in front of her. She looked at it for a moment then took her fork and slid it back across the table to where it would be in front of Reno when he came back. She didn't want to nose around or even make it seem like she was. Just as she scooted it back, her phone vibrating, scaring the hell out of her, making the fork drop to the floor. She pulled out her phone and saw it was her father wondering where she was. "God, is there a time where he doesn't keep up with my schedule?" She muttered as she responded to it. She put her phone back into the pocket and ducked under the table, looking for the fork.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1346 on: April 28, 2011, 01:49:54 AM »
Reno walked back to the table to see Marlowe go under the table. He resisted the urge to sneak up on her and scare her. Instead he reached over to grab his phone. Looking at it he pondered. "Did she look at it...? Bollocks. What if she saw that text?! Damn it, Shinzuu...You probably....I don't even know." "Uhm...Hey...Marlowe?" he said softly, trying not to spook her. "I guess I'm off today. Maybe we can go spread Schad's ashes now? Maybe call Shinzuu to come along...? He wanted to go." Reno waited for her to get out from under the table and to respond.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1347 on: April 28, 2011, 03:00:31 PM »
Shinzuu yawned as he stared at his homework, Aw, screw it. This is why I hate homework and school. He yawned again and laid sideways on the couch, not even trying anymore, and slowly closed his eyes. It was almost instantaneous, that he fell asleep, and all before 9pm. Shiori shook her head as she walked by, heading to her room. She went into the supply closet next to her room and pulled out a spare blanket putting it over her son, "You crazy bum. But mother still loves you."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1348 on: April 28, 2011, 03:31:01 PM »
Veronica finished the math homework by the time the CD had gone through the second half and back to the beginning. She closed the book and notebook, put one on top of the other, and dropped them on the floor on top of the other book and notebook, dropping her pencil and pen with them as well. Laying back on the bed, she stared at the ceiling for a moment then rolled onto her side facing the door. Reaching over, she switched the player to the alarm setting so it would go off in the morning. Right after her arm landed back on the bed, she was instantly asleep.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1349 on: April 29, 2011, 02:27:21 AM »
Unfortunately Reno's attempts to prevent spooking her were ineffective as she ventured for her fork. When he spoke, it made her jerk upward and bang the back of her head and her shoulder on the table hard enough to make the plates and silverware clatter. On top of that she tipped her drink over and wound up getting soda on her as she attempted to get out from under the table. She looked down at her mess and felt bad, but continued as if nothing happened, attempting to play it off. "Uh, yeah, that sounds good, I... Uh.."