The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74649 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #1380 on: May 08, 2011, 03:08:40 PM »
Shinzuu stretched as he stood up, careful that Veronica's head doesn't hit the bench. "Well, we're just following you two. Schad was a friend to us all, though I can't say much for myself. You and her were really close, so it's more on you, man." He became a bit somber, the thought reminding him that Reno was in love with Schad before, Poor kid. Having to see his love's funeral, and now spread her ashes. All without being able to tell her how he felt...

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #1381 on: May 08, 2011, 05:08:42 PM »
Veronica's ears focused in on the part where Reno said "Were you two" and the words replayed in her head as she sat there. That is, until Shinzuu stood up, and then she sat up straight. Looking around for a moment, she then got up off of the bench with her arms still wrapped around herself. She didn't say anything on the matter that was being discussed since she hadn't known Schad well enough to say anything about her or what should be done with her ashes and just stared at her feet as the "plan of action" was determined.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #1382 on: May 08, 2011, 07:28:22 PM »
"Right here? Is this the bench?" The bull terrier questioned. "Well..." Marlowe opened the urn, looking at it a bit sadly. She had never really spread ashes before... She didn't know if they just poured them out or if they reached in, or what they did. She looked to the others as if to question, but she changed her mind and merely stood there, waiting on Reno. "You can say something first, I guess I'll say something after."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #1383 on: May 08, 2011, 09:10:39 PM »
"U-Uhm...Okay." Reno said nervously being put in the spot light. He was able to shake it off however, being surrounded by friends made it a little easier.He took a step or two to face away from the others, cleared his throat and stood up straight taking a deep breath. "Schad was a good friend. She was a bit rough around the edges, but that just made her who and who I-...We all liked. I didn't spend a lot of time with her which is something I regret. She was..." At this point there were tears welling up in his eyes but he continued without showing any saddened tone. "...Taken too soon. I would have enjoyed spending a lot more time with her. I-...*Clears throat, sniffles*...I hope she can find peace now and not suffer anymore wherever she may be." He spoke loud enough so they all could hear even though he wasn't facing them. He mainly wanted to hide his face which would give away how sad he was.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1384 on: May 08, 2011, 09:41:29 PM »
Shinzuu maintained his somber mood, only giving a small amount of words, "Schad was a lot of fun, and the real life of our group. Like us, she was really apart from the rest of society, but with us, we found people we could confide in, and hang out with to have fun with. We are all going to miss you, though I think that's been true for the last week. But I think *looks over at Veronica and then back at the ashes* you've brought out the best of all of us."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #1385 on: May 08, 2011, 09:58:03 PM »
Veronica kept her eyes on her feet as Reno began to speak. She could tell that he was sad even before she heard him sniffle just because it was common sense that he would be sad talking about someone he cared for who was now dead. She continued to listen as Shinzuu took over speaking and she felt his eyes on her at one point near the end of his speech but she never looked up. It probably seemed bad but she didn't want to say anything about Schad so she stayed silent and kept her eyes on the ground.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #1386 on: May 08, 2011, 10:11:29 PM »
"I missed who you were." Marlowe said, "And it's good to know that you made some good friends here. Maybe they were better than I could have been." The bull terrier then held out the urn and began to spread the possum's ashes into the grass. She seemed even sadder than when she had first arrived in the park, but she didn't cry. She just seemed as if she was mildly upset. She placed her hand on Reno's shoulder as if to comfort him after a while since it seemed no one else was going to.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1387 on: May 08, 2011, 11:27:33 PM »
Reno watched the ashes being spread, sad on the inside trying his best not to show it and to remain strong. He couldn't help but to think about all the times they had together; them meeting, the fight with Jackson, him carrying her from the park to his hotel and when they went out to get something to eat. There were various other thoughts racing through his mind up until someone placed their hand on his shoulder. He looked to see it was Marlowe and smirked a little at the gesture. He didn't say anything and looked back to the ashes and remained standing there.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1388 on: May 08, 2011, 11:35:46 PM »
Shinzuu placed a hand on Veronica's shoulder as he turned from the scene. He merely gave her a look that said that they should leave Reno and Marlowe alone. Before leaving Shinzuu waved over, "I'll see you two tomorrow, then. I wasn't even close to having the friendship with Schad as you two did. And Reno, take care, man. There's more for you out there than you think. You just need to look."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1389 on: May 09, 2011, 12:07:48 AM »
When Veronica felt a hand on her shoulder, she looked up to see Shinzuu giving her a look. She glanced over at Reno to see Marlowe standing by him with a hand on his shoulder and that made her understand Shinzuu's look. When Shinzuu waved and spoke to them, she raised her hand in a silent wave as well, feeling bad but not really having anything to say. After that, she followed Shinzuu as he walked away toward the direction they had come from when coming to the park.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1390 on: May 09, 2011, 12:29:14 AM »
Marlowe didn't pay much attention to what Shinzuu and Veronica were saying or doing, she merely plopped down on the sidewalk by the grass, staring blankly at the ashes as the wind began to do a better job scattering them than she did. She figured that Reno knew the two better than she did and could tell them goodbye or whatever it is he was going to do. She rested her elbows on her inner thighs as she sat, then rested her chin into her hands as her gaze remained focused. She felt so lost. It almost made her wish she had some sort of video game in front of her so that she had something else to concentrate on, but unlike she usually did, she didn't have any electronics on her. Unfortunately, even if she did, it would have came off as being rude anyway.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1391 on: May 09, 2011, 01:02:44 AM »
Reno smiled lightly at what Shinzuu had said as he walked off. "See ya guys...thanks for comin'..." he said with a little wave of his own. He then sat down next to Marlowe and watched the wind blow Schadenfreude's ashes away. His head was hung low as he rested his hands on his knees hunching over. "Now what?" he asked flatly. He wanted to stay silent but felt Marlowe had something to say.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1392 on: May 09, 2011, 01:06:33 PM »
The walk back to the apartment was silent, and as usual, Shinzuu would open the door for Veronica before entering himself. He yawned as he checked his watch, not making an effort to slip off his shoes. "Damn, it's already 10:30. I know I'm usually up later than that, but I'm going to hit the sack. Maybe we should leave Reno and Marlowe alone tomorrow at school. I'm pretty sure one night's not going to be enough to find peace in themselves." Shinzuu sighed and went into his room, not trying to close the door, so it was open a smidge. He undressed down to his boxers and rolled out his futon, laying on it and falling right to sleep.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #1393 on: May 09, 2011, 02:18:03 PM »
Veronica took off her shoes after she entered the apartment ahead of Shinzuu and listened to him speak. "Not like I'm going to make any effort to talk to them anyway..." She mumbled, mainly to herself since Shinzuu had already went into his room right after he finished speaking. Walking off down the hall, she didn't pay any attention to his slightly open door and just headed for the guest room. She closed the door behind herself then flopped down on the bed on her back, staring up at the ceiling.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #1394 on: May 09, 2011, 03:23:50 PM »
"I don't know. I guess we go home." Marlowe replied, fiddling with the urn. "Do you want to keep her urn?" She nudged it toward Reno as she asked this. She didn't really want it. As much as she had been moving lately, it would probably get lost in the rush of things. "I don't want to keep it." She let out a sigh, things running through her mind. She was upset over Schad, sure, but there were other bigger things on the horizon for her. Her eyes shifted back down to where the ashes were as she waited for an answer.