The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74659 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #375 on: July 15, 2010, 11:23:49 PM »
Shinzuu smiled uneasily as he waved to the elderly woman. "Hey, Mrs. Peeman. You're as lively as ever. And yes, I guess she complements me, because I sure don't complement her." He chuckled nervously. "Nonsense! You're such a handsome boy! She's very lucky. If your father were here today, he would be beside himself to see you become so athletic. Young lady, you know that this boy used to be the most unpopular and overweight child in all of Feral City?" She cackled happily as she went back into her house. Shinzuu cleared his throat nervously as they walked on, "Mrs. Peeman, is a shut-in for the most part, but she's really nice. She used to bake me a lot of cookies and snacks. My mother taught her how to bake after her husband died of old age. Nowadays, she is pretty much slowly slipping into senility." Shinzuu stopped as he remembered how Mrs. Peeman called them a couple and clearred his throat again and walked on, turning very red that it's just barely visible under his stripes.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #376 on: July 16, 2010, 12:37:50 AM »
Veronica scoffed in her mind when Shinzuu said he didn't complement her. He was a good looking guy and the fact that he had so many girls, and guys, fawning over him should have been enough to prove that to him. Her cheeks remained a deep red at the thought of how he had agreed that her looks were a complement to him, which was basically him saying that she was pretty. He also hadn't denied them being a couple, so that was even more reason for her blush to remain. Veronica barely heard what Shinzuu said after Mrs. Peeman went back into her house though because her thoughts were still lingering on the fact that the woman had said that his father wasn't around, knowing that the woman had meant that he had died. "It's hard to believe that you were ever chubby and unpopular." She said with a chuckle but it faded off quickly. She was silent for a minute before she spoke again, but this time in a soft tone. "I didn't know your dad died..." She looked over at him, spotting the barely visible redness on his cheeks, then looked down at the ground as she walked, hoping she wasn't making him feel uncomfortable by saying something. "Probably not the best subject, you moron. Now he's probably going to get upset and hate you for bringing it up..."

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #377 on: July 17, 2010, 05:03:36 AM »
"Ah, yeah, well, I mean, I am a girl, and I am his friend." She rubbed her head and perched behind the bench between the two. She didn't sit with them because she didn't want to feel like she was intruding, but she continued to listen, somewhat picking up on what the other two was saying. She hadn't even bothered to change, so she probably looked ridiculous in Skull pajama shorts and a baggy T-shirt.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #378 on: July 17, 2010, 05:38:06 AM »
Reno still played to the end of the song, he wasn't really tired so there wasn't really a point to not keep playing. But he didn't feel he should play through the night either. Finished with the song he started putting his violin away. Grabbing his case and book he hopped out of the tree. He started to walk back to the door when he saw Schadenfreude there. He didn't even notice Dorris and Alexia, even though they were in front of her. The two stood up smiling. "Great job, Reno." "Night, Reno." They headed inside and Reno just stood there looking at Schadenfreude. "Uhm...'ey, Shad. What're you doin' out 'ere? And..." He couldn't help but to look at what she was wearing. "In your pajamas..." He looked away feeling a bit embarrassed since she was in her PJ's, and outside..."So...Uhm...Wanna 'ead inside? It's a little cold out tonight. Don't want you to go back to the 'ospital any time soon now." Reno headed to the door and held it open, waiting for Schadenfreude to go in. "Ladies first."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #379 on: July 17, 2010, 09:18:59 PM »
Shinzuu choked a little at the mention of his father, but he kept to himself. He walked Veronica up to the gate of her house this time, but stopped short. "Well, uh... I guess I'll see you at school tomorrow." This was the first time that Shinzuu had actually noticed Veronica's body. Her eyes shimmered with her fur in the moonlight, and the curvatures of her body just seemed to pop into his eyes. She was truly beautiful indeed.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #380 on: July 17, 2010, 10:28:58 PM »
Veronica took the hint that his father wasn't a subject he was comfortable talking about. She turned to him when they stopped at the gate and noticed how much he blended into the night. She loved the way his black and silver fur shimmered in the moonlight and the way his eyes seemed like they went on forever in the darkness. "Yeah, see ya tomorrow." She responded with a smile and pretended not to notice that he was taking all of her in. She went through the gate, closed it, then went up the walk and up the stairs, opening the door and stepping inside. She turned around as she closed the door and gave Shinzuu a small wave with her fingers and smiled again, then she gently shut the door and locked it, looking through the peep hole in the door at Shinzuu to see what he would do.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 02:18:28 AM by VeeSmith: His Wolfy »

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #381 on: July 18, 2010, 01:50:55 AM »
"Listening to that weird street performer that likes to be in  trees more than the street." she said, playfully shoving him, while following behind. When he held the door for her, she replied with a "Thank ya sir," and then continued. "You know, you worry too much. If I were going to be in the hospital again, I'd make sure it was damned well worth it with whatever I did. I wouldn't go back for a cold."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #382 on: July 18, 2010, 02:14:14 AM »
Reno smirked as she explained why she was out there. After she said not to worry as they walked down the hallway he scratched the back of his head nervously. "Uhm...Sorry. I just don't want you to be hurt. I like you." His eyes widened realizing what he said. "As a friend, I like you as a friend. Not like like you! But it's not like I wouldn't like like you! I just- It's just-......Sorry...I'm no good at talking to girls...Expecia-" "Open mouth insert foot! Real smooth." Reno stood by the wall opposite Schadenfreude's door paw to face and nervous as ever. "Uhm...Well uhmm....Yeah...I should probably stop pesterin' you...I'm sure your tired."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #383 on: July 18, 2010, 02:30:25 AM »
Shinzuu began to walk back home, but turned just his head to look at the house again. A tear slowly made its way from the corner of his eye and down his fur before hitting the ground. Shinzuu made his way home and stopped at the convenience store. He bought a bottled green tea and a 200 Yen lotto ticket. Shinzuu sighed as he walked in through the door of his apartment. It was late, so his mother was already asleep. For once, Shinzuu didn't feel like practicing and went straight to bed, the feelings of his past still weighing heavy on his heart.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #384 on: July 18, 2010, 02:43:34 AM »
Veronica saw the glimmer of the tear on Shinzuu's face as he turned his head back towards the house and immediately wished she hadn't looked through the peep hole. She sighed, feeling bad for bringing up the past but the old raccoon had mentioned it so she just felt the need to say something at the time. She quietly when up to her room, hoping that Shinzuu would make it home okay but with the display he made when he had stood up for her in the hospital she was pretty sure he'd have no trouble. She went into the bathroom next to her room and brushed her teeth, then went to her room and closed the door before changing into her pajamas. She removed the hair-ties from her wrist and set them on her bureau then walked over to the window and looked out into the direction that Shinzuu had gone, knowing she wouldn't see him. "I'm sorry." It was barely a whisper, then she turned away from the window. She crawled under her covers and quickly fell asleep, dreams about Shinzuu flooding her mind, but they weren't all happy.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #385 on: July 18, 2010, 07:07:46 AM »
Schad didn't really know what to think, but she kinda stumbled over her thoughts as she stood there. She was a little uneasy. She didn't like relationships at all, so she just clasped her hands together and took a deep breath, patting his shoulder. "Ah, see you worry too much, you just need to chill." she said, somewhat rushed. After that she started down the hall, somewhat unnerved until she got to her door, where she realized she had locked herself out. Reno was nice, but.. She just wasn't used to this kind of stuff. Being around the others made her nervous, but she shrugged it off most the time. As she stood there at her locked door, she thudded her head against the door, feeling stupid for running off on PJ's and not taking her key.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #386 on: July 18, 2010, 07:16:58 AM »
Reno saw Schadenfreude pounding her head on her door, he figured she locked her door. "Oh boy...Two ways this can go down...Offer her your room...Or...Use THIS!" Reno took out a spare key to her room and unlocked her door for her. "Tha's enough of tha' now...I got a spare key after your incident...Just incase somethin' else 'appened. Not like I wanted to sneak into your room or anythin'! Just you know, if you needed 'elp an' your door was locked. Anyway, you take it. I don't need to worry, right?" Reno smiled, put the key in her hand and went into his room. But just before entering he turned to her. "Night, Schad. Sleep well."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #387 on: July 18, 2010, 01:27:41 PM »
Shinzuu woke up the next morning to his mother's racket for the first time since the first day of school. Shiori pestered him throughout the morning, "So, dear. Where did YOU go last night? Your coach told me that you ditched out on practice for the second day in a row." Shinzuu growled at her between his breakfast, "We went to the hospital again today and we busted our friend out. I BS'd the documents before we ran out, since my friend's mother is a drunkard, and she's staying with my other friend who lives at the Feral Hotel." Shiori made a pouting face, "See, Shinny? Everyone's getting laid but you! You're the school's star basketball player and you're the only one not getting some! And you can't expect me to believe you didn't do anything to that other girl! It's only a two hour back to the old neighborhood..." Flustered, Shinzuu just about jumped out of his chair in anger, "WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! We just walked slower than usual and we got caught in a talk with Mrs. Peeman. And furthermore, Schad and Reno aren't even staying in the same room. We're all just friends, nothing more! I'm going to school." Shinzuu stormed off and grabbed his things and left for school. He hated his mother's jesting and would rather show up at school an hour early rather than listen to her rattle off.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #388 on: July 18, 2010, 06:21:46 PM »
When Veronica woke up the next morning, she went through her normal routine. She took a shower, blow-dried her hair, changed her clothes, had breakfast, and brushed her teeth. Her parents were already gone so she wasn't asked about why she had been out so late the night before. She couldn't help but wonder how Shinzuu was doing the whole time she was getting ready. Finally, she put on her shoes, grabbed her bag, and headed out the door. She was actually eager to get to school so she could see Shinzuu though she didn't know when she'd see him since they were in different grades.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #389 on: July 19, 2010, 02:28:34 AM »
"Ah, thanks." Schad said, returning his goodnight. She went in her room and laid on her bed for a while, staring at the ceiling reviewing things that had happened to her recently. She wondered when the hospital would come looking for her, and she also wondered how much she had missed at school. It wasn't long until she drifted off.

----

The next morning, she took another shower and dug through her stuff in order to find a new change of clothes. When she did, she looked into her wallet at her bank card. When her dad had passed away, he had left a good bit of money. She wondered if she should tap into a little of it to get some essentials for her living space. She brushed her teeth before she stepped outside her room, wondering if she should wait for Reno.