The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74654 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #405 on: July 21, 2010, 01:35:02 AM »
It wasn't long until her mother showed up in a car that had seen better days. Schad kept her head down, she didn't want to go back home and even so, it's not like she could fight it. Her arms started shaking again, anxiety building as the car came to a stop at the curb; if she hadn't rolled backward, she'd have gotten hit by it. She looked behind it to see if anyone else had seen it, but apparently, no one had. For the most part, it seemed most the kids had dispersed to their way home. As she got to her feet, the door flung open, her mother calling out. "YOU LITTLE BRAT! Where have you been?!"

Schad got into the car without answering closing the door behind her. If anyone had been watching they would have seen her mother yelling, Schad ignoring her for the most part through the windows until her mom smacked her across the face. Once she had done that, Schad grabbed her backpack, infuriated, and kicked the door of the car open, stepping out, walking in one direction, her mother yelling out behind her, threatening to throw out what things she had left where they live out into the streets.

---

Schad began to walk to the park. She didn't care for anything at the moment, she couldn't believe her mom had acted that way at the school, nonetheless, but the putrid smell of alcohol had filled her nostrils when she sat in the car, and once she had gotten out, she hadn't planned to get back in. If her mother wanted to drive drunk and act in such a way, she didn't much care if something happened to her. Once she got to the park, she took a bench and sprawled out on it, digging in her pack for a sketchbook. She planned to stay until dark or later.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #406 on: July 21, 2010, 02:11:32 AM »
Reno closed his laptop and stood up. "Gah....So bored..." He walked over to his mini fridge and took out a can of Cola. Opening it he took a big drink, undressed and went to go take his shower. Though this time he took a bath rather than a shower, he just relaxed, drinking his soda and thinking. "Hmm...Wonder what the others are up to? Wonder where Schad went...I 'ope she's alright...Maybe I should've offered to walk 'er 'ome too...I'm an idiot..." Reno took another drink of his Cola and held it to his forehead to cool him a bit. "Hmm...Wonder if they 'ave cell phones...Speakin' of cell phones...Need to charge mine." Reno downed the last of his Cola and finished up with his bath. It took about 30 minutes, once he was done he wandered over to his pants. He grabbed them and took out his phone, sure enough, it was dead. "Figures...well lets leave it on the charger..." Reno went over to his bag, which was where he last remember his charger being. Looking around in it he couldn't find it. "Damnit...Where'd I put tha' thing?" He sighed and set his phone on the table next to his laptop. " 'ope no one feels like callin' me...Bah, who am I kiddin'? Who would call me?"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #407 on: July 21, 2010, 11:46:25 AM »
Shinzuu (having faced the school the entire time) gave a nervous smile, "I actually was wondering if you could help me with my English. I was never really good at it, and my grades are slipping in it. Would you mind if I came over? Unless you want to put up with my mother's foolishness." Shinzuu blushed underneath his fur. He had never asked for help before, let alone spend time with a girl in a place such as an apartment or house. It almost sounded like he was perverted and just wanted to do her like any other typical jock would try.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #408 on: July 21, 2010, 11:34:16 PM »
Veronica wasn't too worried when Shinzuu asked if she could help him or the fact that the helping would happen at her house. The only thing that made her nervous was the fact that it was him and she liked him, so the idea of spending more time with him made her happy and nervous at the same time. "Sure, I can help you out. I mean, you're a year ahead of me but it's not like there will be much of a difference." She responded with a slight shrug. "And I don't mind you coming over, but let me just call my dad so he doesn't have a fit because I didn't tell him. He trusts me and all that, but he doesn't like not knowing things." She rolled her eyes and took out her cell phone. "...Hey, is it okay if Shinzuu comes over? He needs my help with some of his homework...Yes, Dad, I know...Alright...Okay, thanks...Love you...Bye." The phone conversation wasn't that long and she flipped her phone closed before putting it away. "He said that it's fine if you come over." She said with a smile, wondering if he was going to worry about what her dad had been saying at the other end of the conversation.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #409 on: July 22, 2010, 05:36:33 AM »
Schad layed on the bench for a while, sketching different things, but nothing good, so she wound up building a pile of paper balls at her head. After a while, she gave up and tossed her sketchbook into the grass behind her, sighing. She reached into her pocket and pulled out her iPod, and placed them in her ears, putting it on a song she often listened to to comfort her, Modest Mouse - Float On. She hummed it and closed her eyes, drifting off.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #410 on: July 22, 2010, 05:43:13 PM »
Reno was pacing back and forth in his room scratching his head in thought. "Where could Schad be?! She 'asn't come 'ome yet. Maybe something 'appened to 'er! Oh man...It's all my fault. Gwuah! Okay...think...Think...Where would she be? 'ospit- No, don't jinx it! Okay...maybe she's still at school? No...I doubt that...Maybe she's just sleeping in 'er room. I'm just over thinking on this. Yeah that's it...Too bad I gave 'er the spare key...She would have come to the door if I was there right? Bah! I can't stop thinkin' about 'er! Why?! Maybe I should Google it...Yes, Google knows all. Lets do that!" Reno plopped down in his chair and opened his laptop. He brought up a browser and went to Google. "What to type in...Hmm..." He typed in "can't stop thinking about her". It brought up something about a relationship discussion website. "Relationship discussion...? Am I...In love?! No, I can't be! She's my friend! I can't think about 'er like that!" He smacked his head into his desk and sat there for several minutes. "I need something to drink..." Reno closed his laptop, still on the website and went to his fridge. He knelt down to see what was in it, nothing. "Guess I'm goin' out..." He got back up, and went to go get dressed. When he was done dressing he grabbed his keys, iPod and went out the door. he put in his earpieces and started to walk to the store. He decided to take a shortcut through the park. All the while listening to some Rise Against. As he was passing some benches, not even noticing Schadenfreude was on one of them he started talking to himself without even realizing it. "So I like 'er...Is that bad? What if she doesn't like me? Well that'd be awkward...Oi...Love is weird...Is that what it really is? You don't hang out with girls, so 'ow would you even know? Maybe I should 'ave Googled the symptoms..." In his confused and unobservant state of mind he passed right by Schadenfreude, even tripping over her bag. He just said "Sorry" and kept on walking towards the store.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #411 on: July 22, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
Shinzuu chuckled nervously and looked off to the side as he got up. "Actually, I'm taking primary school English. I may be a year older, but I'm in the G class. I'm just barely scraping by on minimum standards. To be honest, the only English I know is only from basketball terms. Everything beyond that, I don't know anything..." He blushed in embarrassment as he just spilled another one of his weaknesses.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #412 on: July 23, 2010, 12:11:28 AM »
Veronica could tell that Shinzuu was embarrassed and she felt bad that he was. "I get really nervous when it comes to making speeches." She blurted out the weakness like it might help him feel better, but it mainly made her feel embarrassed as well. She walked out of the gate with Shinzuu and started in the direction of her house. She looked at the ground as she walked, trying to think of something to say to strike up a conversation.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #413 on: July 23, 2010, 12:27:42 AM »
Oh it would have been, could have been, worse than you would ever know~
Oh the dashboard melted but we still have the radio~

She had left it on repeat and hadn't moved. She had accidentally dozed off, and somehow it had gotten tangled within her dreams. She was in the hospital again, this time, the music was playing in the halls, and it had seemed like a twilight zone episode she had seen before for some reason, though there was no episode like the situation she was in. They were rolling her down the hallway, a doctor putting a mask over her face to put her down, as soon as the bed hit the double doors, she jerked awake. Her pack had apparently been hooked around her foot and it jerked her awake when someone tripped over it. Looking up to see the offender with her teeth grit, she saw Reno. She took her headphones off, wondering what his problem was. She only managed to hear him say, "Maybe I should 'ave googled the symptoms."

Without thinking, she crammed everything she jerked out of her bag back into it, leaving her sketchbook behind in the grass as she tried to catch up with him. She had an armful of paper balls that she had planned to dump in the trash can at the entrance of the park.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #414 on: July 24, 2010, 04:48:26 PM »
Reno was still completely oblivious to the fact Schadenfreude was behind him. He was still listening to his music. He kept walking on until he reached the stop light, waiting for it to change. He pushed the button for it to go faster but he was still having to stand there. He put his paw to his face and slid it down to his chin. "Too bad I didn't 'ave my phone...Could 'ave used it to Google-" As he talked to himself he pulled his earphones out and heard someone coming up behind him so he stopped short. He turned and saw Schadenfreude then looked back across the street thinking nothing of it. "Wait...Was that..." He looked back again and sure enough it was her. "Schad! Uhm...Uh...What're you doin' out 'ere? I mean uhm...'ow ya doin'?" "Oh man...Was she behind me the whole time? Was I talkin' outloud when I said those things?! More important, did she 'ear me?! Oh man...'ow am I goin' to explain it?! Should I just come out with it? No! She has a boyfriend! She's off limits! Gah! This is so 'ard...Love is confusing...."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #415 on: July 25, 2010, 06:37:35 PM »
Shinzuu followed Veronica in silence. It made him feel a little better that she also had issues with her English, but it kind of shook his confidence in her helping him in the long run. However, it didn't really matter since he was at least 3 years behind her in English anyways, and that he was just doing bare minimums. However, what really made him sweat and worry was returning to that old house...

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #416 on: July 25, 2010, 09:27:13 PM »
Veronica felt the silence fall between herself and Shinzuu again. Try as she may, she couldn't think of anything to say to break the silence. Whenever she glanced over at Shinzuu, it looked as though something were troubling him and she had a feeling that it wasn't his trouble with English. As they walked and she looked down at the ground, she got to the point where she forgot that she wasn't alone and started to sing softly to herself like she did a lot when she needed something occupy her mind.

"You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset
She's going off about something that you said
She doesn't get your humor like I do

I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do

But she wears short skirts, I wear t-shirts
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming 'bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're lookin' for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
Been here all along so why can't you see?
You belong with me
You belong with me

Walkin' the streets with you in your worn out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be
Laughing on the park bench thinkin' to myself
Hey isn't this easy?

And you've got a smile that could light up this whole town
I haven't seen it in awhile, since she brought you down
You say you find I know you better than that
Hey, whatcha doing with a girl like that?

She wears high heels, I wear sneakers
She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming bout the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

If you could see that I'm the one who understands you
You belong with me

Standin' by, waiting at your back door
All this time how could you not know that?
You belong with me
You belong with me

Oh I remember you driving to my house in the middle of the night
I'm the one who makes you laugh when you know you're about to cry
I know your favorite songs and you tell me about your dreams
I think I know where you belong. I think I know it's with me.

Can't you see that I'm the one who understands you?
You belong with me

Standing by, waiting at your back door
All this time how could you not know that
You belong with me
You belong with me

Have you ever thought just maybe
You belong with me
You belong with me."

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #417 on: July 26, 2010, 04:10:51 AM »
"I'm at the park, too?" she laughed, the continued, throwing the paper balls away, "And some jerk tripped over my backpack, but eh, I could be better, but I'm here. Where are you headed to?" She asked curiously. Among the many things she wanted to do when she got back to the apartment, maybe they could play some videogames or something. She didn't really know what he was into.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #418 on: July 26, 2010, 04:32:14 AM »
Reno chuckled nervously when she responded. "Oh, uhm...Right...I was just 'eadin' to the store to get a few things..." The light changed and he started walking across the street, hoping she would follow. He walked into the store, grabbed a basket and zipped through the aisles kind of quickly. He got in a short line, so it went pretty fast. He exited the store with his bag of groceries, mostly soda and junk food. "So uhm...Goin' my way?" Reno asked with a slight chuckle and smile looking at Schadenfreude.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #419 on: July 26, 2010, 01:53:04 PM »
Shinzuu's ears perked as Veronica began to sing. It was a wonderful voice and he didn't want to disturb her until she finished. "That was very nice. Is it that American song from Kerry Clark? I've heard a lot of the other girls in my class talk about her quite often. What is that song about? I don't recognize the words since my English is so bad, but I do remember the tune."