The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74636 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #525 on: August 30, 2010, 05:32:33 AM »
Reno pretty much kept walking out of the arcade, he saw Veronica out of the corner of his eye but didn't really look. He also saw Shinzuu starting in their direction so that was another reason he didn't stop. The main reason he wasn't stopping was Schadenfreude. He was still nervous about giving her the Croagunk doll. "How am I goin' to do this? Maybe after dinner...Oh man, what if she notices it? I can't exactly hide it...She'll notice soon enough if I don't just give it to 'er! I'm too scared to do it, what if she wasn't really interested in it?? You'll look like an idiot! What if she doesn't like it?! What if- Why do I think so much!?" Reno clearly had something on his mind, if it wasn't obvious enough he almost ran into the door on the way out. He might have called a cab to take them all there, but he was too preoccupied with thinking about Schadenfreude and the Croagunk doll.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #526 on: August 30, 2010, 11:08:53 PM »
Shinzuu ran over and held Reno back a bit before he could face-plant into the door. He surveyed Reno's face and then finally noticed the doll in his hands. Shinzuu grabbed the doll from Reno quickly and held it behind his back as he went up to Schad, "Hey, Schad. Guess what? Reno has something really important to say to you." Shinzuu made a quick glance back at the rabbit with a smirk crawling up the corner of his muzzle, waving the Croagunk doll, as if to signal he is about to show it to Schad.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #527 on: August 31, 2010, 12:54:10 AM »
Asking for the water was only Veronica's way of doing something to seem nonchalant about the whole thing. It seemed that the guy behind the counter knew that too since when he came over to stand in front of her with the glass in hand, he didn't bother to set it down on the counter. "You okay?" The tiger said in a soft tone. The look on her face must have given her away and caused his concern. She glanced up at him then looked back down quickly before shaking her head vigorously, trying very hard to hold back everything. She couldn't cry here. Not in this public place in front of all these people. She quickly moved away from the counter and headed out the doors, leaving the tiger standing there with a look of worry on his face before going back to his duties. When Veronica exited the arcade, she forced herself through the three of them standing on the sidewalk and hastily walked across the street without looking, causing a car to slam on its brakes but she didn't pay attention. Carmen and Liz were actually standing across the street waiting to see if they could leave or not. They immediately rushed to her side when she got to the other side of the street. "What's the matter? What happened?" Carmen asked, sounding very concerned. Veronica shook her head, not looking up. "I should have never went in there. I should have just left him alone like I said I would." She said on the verge of crying. Before Carmen or Liz could say anything, Veronica took off down the street with her head down, weaving through people on the sidewalk. "We've got to follow her!" Liz said as she watched her run off. "Well duh!" Carmen responded, sending a look that could kill at Shinzuu which he probably wouldn't see because she saw that he was preoccupied, before running after Veronica with Liz.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #528 on: August 31, 2010, 02:00:52 AM »
Schad looked fairly confused as she looked to Reno, then back to Shinzuu. "Is it that you beat my zombie killing high score? Because I'll have to beat those long ears off you if you did." She said, laughing it off. For some reason she felt she knew what he had to say, as if events from him being picked on today was going to replay again and someone burst out with the secret that Reno liked her.. She didn't know.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #529 on: August 31, 2010, 02:56:57 AM »
Reno was at a total loss at what to do when Shinzuu swiped the doll and said what he did. He just looked back and forth at both him and Schadenfreude. "What do I do? This is just like today at school...This is why Schad got hurt...And it's all my fault...I can't stay 'ere...I need to run." Reno was about to run when Schadenfreude took a guess. It stopped him from actually turning and taking off. "Y-Yeah, that's it...You got me..." He said, giving a nervous smirk scratching the back of his head. He then turned to Shinzuu, with almost puppy dog eyes that screamed "Don't do it." "...Right, Shinzuu?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #530 on: August 31, 2010, 02:24:34 PM »
Shinzuu was surprised with Veronica running past them, Now what's her problem? He turned back to Reno as he was asked to confirm the lie. Shinzuu gave an even more devious smile back at Reno before turning back to Schad, "No... actually, that was me. Reno just wanted to say he wants to take a cab instead of the train. And..." Shinzuu waved the Croagunk doll behind him at Reno, telling him that if he doesn't say it himself, Shinzuu will.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #531 on: August 31, 2010, 03:59:47 PM »
Veronica had gotten three blocks away before Carmen and Liz had caught up with her. They both grabbed a hold of her to stop her from running further. Veronica still had tears streaming down her face. Carmen and Liz eyed her, obviously feeling bad. "Come on, let's all walk home together and you can tell us exactly what happened when you're up to talking about it. Okay?" Carmen gave her a kind smile and Veronica nodded. It took about 15 minutes of walking for her to calm down enough to where she was ready to talk. She told them exactly what happened and what was said word-for-word. She made sure that she mentioned every little detail, even the part where Shinzuu had sighed and what his face had looked like while she had spoken. "Well, at least the guy behind the counter cared about how crappy I felt...maybe I'd have a better chance with him..." Veronica smiled slightly and chuckled a little while Carmen shook her head at the statement. "He's a little old for you, like late 20's." Liz rolled her eyes. "Achem! Back on topic...Shinzuu's probably still hurting from the rejection. Believe it or not, some guys don't get over things as quickly as others." "But that doesn't give him any right not to acknowledge her apology." Carmen looked at Veronica. "You did apologize, right?" Veronica rubbed the back of her neck. "Well...I explained everything...I kind of figured that it should be obvious that an apology was tied in there." Carmen and Liz both gave her a look. "Well anyways, there's no reason for him to be a jerk and not say anything in response." Carmen looked back in the direction of the now-far-off arcade. "In fact, I should go back there and give him a good ***-whooping." She started to turn on her heel back towards the direction they came from but Veronica and Liz grabbed her and spun her back around. "As upset about this whole thing that I am, I still don't want you to beat the crap out of him." Veronica said as they walked on. "I just ruined all my chances with him and that's something I'm going to have to deal with..."

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #532 on: September 01, 2010, 06:44:20 PM »
Reno looked back at Shinzuu from looking at Schadenfreude, he was not happy. He also knew he wasn't going to make this easy so he might as well come out and say it. He took a big gulp and then deep breath. "Schad, I...Li-" Just then Schadenfreude stumbled forward and supported herself on his shoulder which made him help hold her up. "Hey..., Long ears, I'm not feeling too hot...I think a cab would be great." "Are you...A-Alright?" "I think I should head home...Don't mean to ruin your plans with Shinzuu, you guys go on ahead, I'll make it home alright...Really, I can do it." "And have you end up in the park again? No, I'll take you 'ome...It's no trouble, really. I'll just get you in bed and then meet up with Shinzuu at the restaurant." He paused though, realizing what he had said. "I-Er, not like get you in bed kinda get you in bed! Not like that, just lay you down a-" "I know what you meant, chill..." "Sorry..." Reno helped Schadenfreude up getting ready to walk, but before leaving he swiped the doll and gave Shinzuu a look that read "I'll handle it." "Uhm...Shinzuu, up to you now, you can head off to the restaurant, come with us or head off somewhere. I'll still be goin' to the restaurant because I gotta work tonight anyway." He then called a cab and went outside to wait, see what Shinzuu would do.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #533 on: September 02, 2010, 01:04:53 AM »
Shinzuu sighed and waved him off, "No, you guys chill out together. I'm gonna head out, there's some things I need to take care of. See ya in class tomorrow." Shinzuu turned and headed back into the arcade and went up to the counter, "Give me the full mixer." The guy behind the counter nodded and began making a ton of sushi. Shinzuu spotted some thug-looking kids at the SSF4 machine picking on a bunch of kids and just gloating their "wins". He smirked and walked over, "Mind if I play?" The "thugs" scoffed at him, "We don't play with little sissy pretty boys. Unless you want to throw down some cash." The smirk on Shinzuu face only grew as he pulled out a roll of bills. "How about a 5 round quickie for, say 5,000 yen?" The thugs cackled and threw down. These guys needed a lesson, so Shinzuu, for the first time, selected Dan for his character. In a matter of a couple minutes, Shinzuu had systematically tore open those guys with 3 perfect victories in a row. He grabbed the winnings and walked off as the on-lookers began pointing and laughing at the thugs for the humiliation. As he did, one of the guys grabbed his arm. "I believe you owe us some money, bub." Shinzuu grabbed the guy's wrist and it already cracked from the initial grip. The other pulled a knife and charged at Shinzuu. (Censored)!! Before the knife struck Shinzuu, the swinging arm was grabbed by someone else and was brought around behind the guy's back and he was pinned in the same motion. It was Tabby. "So, what do you say? Join our club?" Shinzuu shook his head with an "I give up" smile and tossed the other guy who's broken wrist was still in his hand and walked off to get his food. "I'll see you at club tomorrow, then."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #534 on: September 02, 2010, 01:56:38 AM »
Veronica knew she wasn't going to "just deal with" ruining her chances as well as she made it sound, but her saying it made Carmen and Liz feel better and that's what she wanted. The three of them talked the rest of their walk home. Carmen and Liz lived right next door to each other so when they reached their houses Veronica said goodbye to them and continued to walk to her house a couple blocks away. All the thoughts running through her head kind of made her dizzy, so she walked to her house rather briskly so she'd be able to sit down. When she got home, she worked on her homework in the living room for a little bit after using the standard answer of "fine" when her parents asked how her day went. It didn't take long before she couldn't stand to do anymore work and she finally headed up to her room, saying goodnight to her parents. She changed into her pajamas and brushed her teeth then went to her room and laid on her bed, sticking her earbuds into her ears and turning on her iPod. She sang along with the songs that played until she fell asleep, not even noticing that she had gone to bed without having anything to eat.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #535 on: September 03, 2010, 03:58:46 AM »
With Reno's help, Schad managed to stumble to the cab without falling when it got there. She seemed to be breathing heavy. "Man, I thought I had taken my medicine this morning, but I guess I didn't.. Got busy an' all with today's excitement." She rubbed her eye again plopping into the seat of the cab, ignoring any looks she may have received from the cab driver and then scooted over to make room for Reno. "My head's a bit fuzzy, ya may wanna tell him where he's going." Reno nodded and told him where the hotel was and within a few short moments, the cab jerked into motion and they were on their way. Schad stared out the window, her eyes seemingly glazing over with little interest for what was outside.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #536 on: September 03, 2010, 04:14:52 AM »
Reno was a bit bummed at hearing the plans were ruined. But the cab got there and he just went on with what was at hand. Helping Schadenfreude into the cab. Once he did he got in, told the driver where to go and they set off. Once in motion Reno made sure the Croagunk doll was out of Schadenfreude's sight. He was also quite far from her in the cab, practically hugging the door. The ride was quiet, though he almost said something a few times. He did want to say something but couldn't. Eventually the cab came to a stop, Reno payed the fair and helped Schadenfreude out. Once out of the car he gave her a piggy back ride all the way to her door. "Hey, Reno, Schad, have a nice day?" asked Alexia from behind the counter before the went into the hallway. "It's been fine." he replied continuing on down the hall. Once at her door he leaned her forward over his head. "Go on, unlock it, heh." Reno seemed pretty cheery for having her on his back, almost as if he was enjoying himself.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #537 on: September 03, 2010, 04:25:09 AM »
She leaned forward and swiped her card, almost making them lose their balance, but quickly regaining it. She looked down at Reno who seemed to be enjoying himself and pressed down on his head to mess up his hair. It was weak because she was starting to get tired, but she managed to say, "Don't get used to it Reno, I don't take charity... But I'll let it slide this time."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #538 on: September 03, 2010, 04:33:43 AM »
"Just don't kick me again." Reno joked taking her over to the side of her bed, turned and knelt down to where she was sitting on the bed. He then turned around and fell on his behind fairly tired. "Well, your majesty...You're 'ome...And I'm tired..." "Go on...Tell'er..." Reno looked around the room nervously again, he was back to having stage fright again and not being able to speak. "I- uhm...." He stopped without saying anything else. He was clearly hiding something behind his back, you could tell because he was holding the doll behind him.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #539 on: September 03, 2010, 04:37:47 AM »
Schad arched a brow, sneaking a peek at something blue behind his back. "Issat what the big deal's about?" She inquired, pointing to what he was holding, "Because I told you, this black eye, it's not your fault. It's because I didn't keep my guard up and he knocked one across my face. But it's okay, I counted with a tray to his face." She was grinning as she recalled beating the crap out of Jackson. "And tomorrow, you can join in with the people that are either going to be making fun of him because he got beat up by a girl or because he got beat up by a gay guy, either way it'll be embarrassing for him."