The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74617 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #615 on: September 28, 2010, 08:47:20 PM »
"No, I think you're a jerk. Weren't you ever taught to keep your nose in your own business, you overpaid clown?" She practically yelled at him before gathering her things and stomping off in the direction Reno had run. "Seriously, who does that guy think he is?" she mumbled to herself as she walked home alone. She decided that if she had ever had him that she would be sure to give him hell. As she entered the hotel room, she went straight to her room, fumbling to find the key before she actually got inside. Inside, she plopped on her bed and grabbed her laptop and cut it on, staring at the screen blankly.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #616 on: September 28, 2010, 10:12:35 PM »
Reno was unable to concentrate on games that he played, he was too wound up in thinking of his parents. It eventually angered him to the point he slammed his laptop closed. He had noticed it was getting hot in his room, he never sat well with heat, it often made him irritable. He turned on the AC full blast and stood in front of it for a moment, in an attempt to cool down. It didn't work. He decided to head out and play some music, so he did. Reno grabbed his music, violin and then headed out the door. He slammed the door closed behind him, it wasn't intentional, he wasn't good at controlling his strength when he was angry. He walked hastily down the hall passed Schadenfreude's door and out the back. No one was out there this time, neither Dorris or Alexia wandered out. Reno was alone, in a tree, under the night sky. At first he sat on a branch, trying desperately to play one of his usual softer songs he enjoyed. But he was too frustrated to concentrate and messed up time after time. So he stood up on the branch to play, he set his book on another branch eye level and flipped hastily through some pages. He stopped on a song and looked at it carefully before starting to play it. It was a more quick paced and violent sounding song than he normally played. It was Storm by Vanessa Mae.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #617 on: September 29, 2010, 01:58:17 PM »
Shinzuu awoke early the next morning, well before dawn, completely groggy and slummed. It was Sunday, but he just couldn't go back to sleep. Shinzuu got out of bed and got on his PS3 and played Metal Gear Solid 4 on extreme for a few minutes before giving up. He then went to the refrigerator and ate the food from the night before. He was so slummed, he didn't even bother to heat it, just ate it out of the refrigerator. Shinzuu grabbed some of his remaining food and left his apartment. In the early morning, cool air, he was able to relax a little. On his walk, he noticed someone sitting against a tree in the park. It was Zane from the writing club. Oh my god... does that kid ever learn to just write at home so he doesn't fall asleep in the park? As he made his way over, he bumped into and fell over another person. Shinzuu groaned as he rubbed his head. He looked over and was surprised to see the Mohawk-wearing, leather-studded person. "Sam? What the hell are you doing up this early?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #618 on: September 29, 2010, 11:01:11 PM »
Veronica had fallen asleep quickly after she had closed her eyes. She woke up the next morning at around 7:00 and couldn't go back to sleep though she wanted to sleep longer. She watched the TV for an hour before the nurse brought in her breakfast. "Am I going to be able to go home today?" She asked the nurse. "I believe so." The nurse responded, looking at the monitors. "You look stable and it's obvious that you've got your appetite back..." Veronica had started to dig into the food when the nurse was answering then stopped short at the last comment and glanced up at the nurse. The nurse smiled and chuckled. "You should be just fine." The nurse left the room and Veronica continued to eat her food.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #619 on: September 30, 2010, 01:06:50 AM »
Schad had heard Reno's door slam, but was in the stage of unconsciousness consciousness where everything seemed surreal, so she didn't move. She wasn't sure if she had been dreaming or not, but somehow she could hear the troubled violin as she seemed to be drifting in and out of sleep until finally, she knocked out, still clothed. The next morning, she woke up with her laptop on the floor, dead, but thankfully undamaged from the fall. She felt like she had her butt kicked because she had slept the wrong way, but thankfully, she didn't have school today. She yawned and stood up, making her way into the bathroom where she unclothed herself and showered.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #620 on: September 30, 2010, 03:59:25 AM »
It was a couple hours until Reno had stopped playing his violin and went inside. When he did he showered, ate something and went to bed. He woke up the next morning and before even getting up he turned to look at the picture of his parents on his nightstand. Sighing he forced himself up. He got dressed in his usual attire and headed out the door. He was about to go knock on Schadenfreude's door but decided against it. He felt like being alone anyway. Reno left the building and decided to go relax in the park to clear his head. Once at the park he plopped down under a large oak tree for some shade and laid down. He didn't notice Shinzuu off in the distance either. He took out his iPod and listen to some music as he thought about things.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #621 on: September 30, 2010, 11:37:46 PM »
Sam rubbed his head and looked at Shinzuu. "Oh sorry, Shinzuu. I was on my way home to go to bed. I had a really long night." He smiled sheepishly, sliding his swollen and torn up knuckles back into the pockets of his jeans. The heavy bags under his eyes emphasized how tired he was. His jaw was aching and he seemed somewhat dellusional. He couldn't stand to keep the smile up any longer and it disappeared from his face. "I should be asking you the same thing though...Why are you out so early? We don't have school today...or atleast I don't think we do..." A puzzled look crossed his face. "Uhh...What day is it?" He looked around the park as if looking for some clue to alerting him as to what the date was but it actually looked like he was looking for someone in particular...someone who owed him money.

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• The Bibliophilic Therianthrope
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Harbinger of Lucid Nightmares;;
    • Awards
  • Currently: Believing in the Tale of the Silver Sight;;
« Reply #622 on: October 01, 2010, 12:13:16 AM »
Zane woke with a light start at the voices, glancing over to see to figures in conversation. He squinted, trying focus past the blurriness his sleep deprived eyes were plagued with. But it was no use. Sighing, he sat up from his comfortable spot against the tree and collected his bag, hesitating only to check to make sure the contents of his bag were still there: his laptop and his notebook. Once he made was sufficiently ready, he pushed up off the tree into a standing position, popping his back in the process. "I really should stop this..." he sighed, pulling his headphones over his ears and flipping his Ipod off hold, letting The Fray become the soundtrack of the morning as he walked out of the park, trying his hardest to get rid of the blurry tinges to his vision.

H a v e n ' t  y o u  s e e n  m e  s l e e p w a l k i n g ? 

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #623 on: October 01, 2010, 01:09:49 AM »
Shinzuu nailed Sam in the back of the head, "It's Sunday, you idiot. You haven't been to school in 3 days. I just can't sleep. How many times I gotta tell you to come to me if you're having money issues. Come on, man. Let's get outta here. I only walked over this way because I saw Zane sleeping in the park again. I swear to god, you two are gonna get arrested someday." He helped Sam back up and shouldered him up. Shinzuu walked him over to where Zane was at the other end of the park. "Zane, if you're gonna spend your time writing at least go indoors. Come on, I'll take you guys to Shiratori's diner. Breakfast is on me." Shinzuu took Sam and led Zane out of the park and down 3 blocks to the only place that's open before 7am.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:00:31 AM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #624 on: October 01, 2010, 03:58:49 PM »
The possum enjoyed her shower. It was as relieving as the fact that she didn't have school. She didn't look at the clock, so she had no clue what time it was. As she got out, she grabbed a pair of baggy black pants and a white T-shirt that had two circles for eyes, a skull nose, and black lines at the bottom of it, thus making the shirt look like a skull. She slipped on a bracelet she had recently gotten. It was one of those rubber bands that they had in America like the Livestrong bracelets for Lance Armstrong, however it was green, and in large serif letters, it said, "Excelsior!" She loved it, not only because it was Stan Lee's catchphrase, but the foundation it went to supported elderly comic book artists that could find work anymore. She began to wonder if Japan had a place where they sold American comics, and after getting dressed, she wandered into the hallway to knock on Reno's door. After she didn't get a response, she realized she had forgotten her book bag and went back inside where she scooped up her art bag. It was like a carbon copy of her school bag but instead of books, it was filled with art supplies. She also grabbed her headphones in all their oversized glory, smirking at the fact that they were much bigger than her actual MP3 player. She hung them over her ears, letting the strap that usually rested on the head, fall back behind hers and closed the door behind her, wandering outside the hotel where she stretched one last time. She hit play on her iPod then slipped it into her pocket allowing OK Go to lighten her mood. Even though their songs were depressing, they were often up beat, so she began to walk, singing to herself, "Crash or burn, crash or burn, crash or burn, Patience is the hallmark of the old and the infirm, Lived and learned, lived and learned, lived and learned~" She had no clue what she was doing today, but she kind of enjoyed the fact that her day held that slight hint of mystery.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #625 on: October 01, 2010, 07:02:01 PM »
Reno sat up and stretched to look around the park. He was pretty bored, but at least it was his day off so he was happy. His headphones fell off and landed in his lap but he payed it no mind. Just then a small bird flew down and landed on his shoulder. He looked at it and put his paw up to it so it would hop on so he could hold it in front of him. It chirped a few times as he looked at it, it too seemed happy. "Where'd you come from little one? Don't ya think you would be better off in a Cinderella movie or somthin'?" Reno examined the bird more, noticing it had a black spot over it's left eye. It chirped a couple more times and flew up to land on Reno's head in between his ears. "Hey, what do ya think yer doin'?" he said standing up. The bird chirped some more as if in response to Reno's question. "Uh...I don't understand bird...Anyway...I guess you can hang out for a bit..." Reno walked on whistling "What shall I do today."

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #626 on: October 01, 2010, 07:27:35 PM »
Sam chuckled at the idea of getting arrested, only his idea would be from drunk and disordly conduct of indecent exposure somewhere out in the park but he frowned that he was robbed of his sleep to go to breakfast. At the same time, he never passed up a meal. He opened the door to Shiratori's diner followed by Shinzuu and Zane. He took a seat at a table next to the window. He hadn't been to a diner in a while and if this was anything like America, he was going for the biggest stack of flapjacks available. He put his face in his paws and just thought about passing out on the table. The thought sounded delightful and he closed his eyes for a brief moment. He looked at Shinzuu and then at Zane before smiling and chuckling lightly to himself. "I don't know how you guys do it." He was talking about school. It just wasn't the life cut out for Sam Crowe. He was certain the lacrosse club missed him. All his teammates loved him but he'd been slipping in attendance lately. He looked up at the waitress across the diner. "Uhhh could I get a coffee please?!" She nodded and walked away quickly. Sam pulled out a pack of his favorite cigarettes and pulled one out with his lips. He raised his lighter but then quickly looked up. "You guys want one? He asked, holding out his pack.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 02:40:52 AM by Spike »

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• The Bibliophilic Therianthrope
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Harbinger of Lucid Nightmares;;
    • Awards
  • Currently: Believing in the Tale of the Silver Sight;;
« Reply #627 on: October 01, 2010, 09:50:51 PM »
Zane followed the two, sort of on automatic until he saw the diner, pulling his headphones down to rest around his neck so he could hear the others better. He hadn't been out much since he had moved here, so he was unsure exactly how everything worked, especially the food system since he had been living off water and cereal back in his room. Zane hung his bag on a chair on the other side of the table, sinking into the chair without any other thought. His story's progress was going slow again, so the all-nighter at the park had been perfect for bringing back his inspiration.  "No thanks," He replied tiredly to the Sam, finally recognizing their faces once he had woken up. He appreciated the gesture, but his father had picked up smoking when Zane was younger, which had lead to him developing a slight aversion to the smell. He could tolerate it as long as he wasn't surrounded by it, so he distracted himself with toying with his Ipod until he glimpsed the waitress returning. "Erm...could I get a glass of orange juice?" His question came out tentatively, but he couldn't help it, it was just his nature. Plus he needed the acidic flavor to give his brain a kick start. He glanced over at Shinzuu and Sam before looking back outside before the fact hit him: It was Sunday. Which meant he had all day to work on his other priorities since his story was now completed and saved on his flash drive. The thought gave him the encouragement to relax a little and try to involve himself in the conversation instead of zoning out.

H a v e n ' t  y o u  s e e n  m e  s l e e p w a l k i n g ? 

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #628 on: October 01, 2010, 10:03:53 PM »
Shinzuu sighed, "Maybe 'cus we give a damn about our future, man. As someone who used to be in my posse before you started ditching, you really are clueless, man. And just don't go overboard with the orders, ok? One meal, that's it. American diners are hard to find, and this one's expensive. Anyways, why the hell did you go and fall asleep outside again, Zane? Now you gotta wash that uniform again. You know how hard it is to clean those things? Jeez...." He covered his face and sat back, but was even more annoyed when he heard an all-too familiar voice, "Heya, Shinzuu!" Shinzuu groaned, Kill me. Tabby rushed over to the table and gave him a hug, send boils up and down his arms and face under his fur. She let go and held up the notepad. "How'd you know I worked early this morning?" Shinzuu groaned as he scratched all the itches around his body, "I didn't it's just that these two were being idiots again, so I'm treating them to some breakfast. And before you start, just give me the Slam meal and make it quick. And give me water, no coffee. Zane, order your food."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #629 on: October 02, 2010, 08:46:21 PM »
Veronica had completely zoned out while she had supposedly been watching TV. The next thing she knew her parents had arrived in her room at 9 o' clock on the dot. "We took care of all the paperwork..." Her mother said as she approached the bed with a shopping bag. "And I brought you a change of clothes. How're you feeling?" Veronica took the bag and looked inside. Well, at least her mother had chose clothes that actually went together. "Much better than I was. I had supper last night and breakfast this morning. Apparently my stomach was just on strike." She chuckled at her bad joke and got out of the bed, heading to the bathroom. While in the bathroom, she changed and fixed her hair that had been sticking up in every direction. "Ready to go?" Her father asked as she came out of the bathroom. She nodded and they left the room and the hospital together. "We were going to take you out to breakfast but since you already ate, I guess that's out of the question." Her mother said once they were out of the hospital and getting into their car. "Yeah, but you guys can go to breakfast and I'll just sit there while you eat. I don't mind." Veronica responded as she buckled her seat belt. "Well...as long as you don't mind..." Her father said and Veronica reassured him that she didn't, so they drove to Shiratori's diner.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown