The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74608 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #660 on: October 11, 2010, 07:24:08 PM »
Reno faintly heard Veronica, he was glad that she left. He didn't want anyone to see him like this, especially a girl. He slowly opened the present, wiping a few tears as he did so. It was what he figured it was, a brand new violin and case. It was in pristine condition due to the wrapping paper so it made it all the more a gem in the dirty place he was in. The two birds flew over to the open window and perched on it looking back at Reno. He got up, walked over to them with his violin case in hand and pet them on their heads. "Thanks, you two-...." The light from the window allowed Reno to see the color design of the two birds more clearly making him freeze for a moment. One bird had black spots with one on it's left eye while the other had brown spots with one on it's left eye as well. "...Can...This really be them?" "Mom...? Dad...?" As he said that the two birds chirped and flew off, prompting Reno to try and take chase. He did so through the window, getting him on top of the garage. He ran along it screaming "Come back!" as he neared the edge. A gust of wind kept him from going over the edge with concrete at the bottom and made him stumble back and fall off the side with the bushes which broke his fall.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #661 on: October 12, 2010, 04:10:44 AM »
Sam ran his way down the street toward the school. He knew the guys would be there since it was the only day that the field wasn't infested with rejects and nerds looking for a quiet place to congregate and discuss math. His lungs started to burn. Gotta quit the smokes. He decided to slow it down a bit. He had no idea why he was running in the first place. His lungs gave out when he reached the outside of the library. He took a double take when he could swear he saw Zane sitting in the window. Figuring he might as well take a break from his sprint, he pushed open the doors and walked inside.

By the time he walked into the area where he saw Kane, he was already gone. He bumped into a familiar face in the isle he was walking through. It was one of the kids from school. He hadn't seen her much, maybe once or twice in the halls. Fguring he'd catch up with Zane later, he decided he might as well talk to her. "Hey what's your name?"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:23:47 PM by Spike »

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• The Bibliophilic Therianthrope
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Harbinger of Lucid Nightmares;;
    • Awards
  • Currently: Believing in the Tale of the Silver Sight;;
« Reply #662 on: October 12, 2010, 04:35:34 AM »
          Zane glanced over at Sam, noting Melinda's irritated glare in the process. He guessed it was her overexposure to the library that had given her sensitized her to disturbances, but she hadn't made a move to stop him, instead leaving it to the real librarian should she feel it appropriate. "I'ma go, Mel. I'll see ya' in class tomorrow," Zane said as he collected his computer, stuffing it into his bag before patting her shoulder. Melinda merely nodded, heading back to her station as he headed out of the library. He noticed the familiar opposum gave a quick wave to Schad, who seemed a bit unnerved at whatever had occured behind the bookshelf between her and Sam. So he stopped at the entrance of the library to pay his late fee he had been neglecting before going out to sit on the steps.

H a v e n ' t  y o u  s e e n  m e  s l e e p w a l k i n g ? 

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #663 on: October 12, 2010, 03:27:36 PM »
Shinzuu panted heavily as he got in the door. Shiori gasped for a second when she saw her son staggering into the house without a shirt on and bloodied all over his fur. "What happened to you?!" Shinzuu gasped for air, but pushed his words through, "I guess I shoulda listened to the doctor and stayed off my feet for a few days." He walked into the bathroom without skipping a beat and turned on the shower. Shinzuu sat down and started soaping up and began to scrub the blood from his fur. Shiori began running through the kitchen, grabbing all the first aid that she could. She dashed to the bathroom with everything in hand, starting the bath. "Mom, you don't need to start the bath, I barely sweated this morning. I just a quick rinse down will do." "Ok, then come out when you're finished. I'll wrap you up. Need me to help you with your back?" Shinzuu thought for a second as he tried to reach over his back. "Yea, ma. That'd be good, thanks."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #664 on: October 12, 2010, 03:37:32 PM »
After Veronica had been sitting on the outside steps for a few minutes, she heard Reno screaming and figured it was directed at the birds though she didn't understand why he would act that way with wild birds. She looked over her shoulder to see him running along the roof of the garage and then she gasped when she saw him fall. She quickly got to her feet and ran over to the side of the garage to find Reno had landed in the bushes. "Oh my God, are you alright?" She asked in a worried tone. "Here, let me help you..." She reached for his arm to assist him in getting out of the bushes.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #665 on: October 12, 2010, 08:50:26 PM »
Schad had been skimming through a book to see if it was something worth reading when she heard a "Hey what's your name?" Her ears perked and she turned to see punk looking fox looking at her. Her face pulled back into a sort of scowl with being interrupted, but it held a tinge of confusion. She looked behind her to make sure he wasn't looking at anyone that was behind her, then looked at him again, stupidly whispering, "Me?" as she pointed to herself.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #666 on: October 12, 2010, 09:07:47 PM »
Reno took Veronica's help out of the bushes. Once out he thanked her as he took various leaves and twigs from his fur and clothing. When finished he looked off in the distance at the two birds flying away. He began to raise his free hand to wave but remembered Veronica was next to him and went to scratch behind his head to seem normal. In his other hand was his violin case and the letter he didn't want to open. It slipped out of his hand from the lousy grip which got his attention. As Reno knelt down he decided to inspect the violin for damage so he took it out of the case.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #667 on: October 13, 2010, 01:27:55 AM »
Sam smiled and tilted his head to one side. He looked both ways for anyone else down the isle then looked back at the confused opossum. "Yeah...you." He extended his paw in greeting. I'm Sam Crowe. We go to the same school. I seen you a couple times before I think but we never really talked...figured I might as well introduce myself. There was a sudden and low hissing coming from all directions. People in the library didn't seem to like the idea of the talk. Sam was unphased. "...What's your name?" He repeated again with the same smile.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 01:39:19 AM by Spike »

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #668 on: October 14, 2010, 12:25:23 AM »
            Zane played with the cord of his headphones for a bit as he sat on the stairs of the library. Honestly, he didn't have much else planned for the day, and didn't want to go home just yet to face his parents. His habit of staying out all night always earned him a free-for-all yelling fit about his irresponsible behavior and lack of self-discipline. So instead, he started singing along with the track playing on his Ipod, his voice low so it wouldn't attract too much attention. "Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces? Between the noise you hear, and the sound you like, are we just sinking in the ocean of faces? It can't be possible, that rain can fall, only when its over our heads..." He stopped finally, choosing instead to lay back on the stairs in a nonchalant manner and finish the song in silence. Even though he loved to sing, sometimes the song was better left alone, especially when it was "All the Right Moves" by OneRepublic. Zane mused about how he would respond to the argument his parents brought up yet again, but his thoughts trailed off and back to the library, where they wondered about finding somewhere else to go. Conflict just wasn't in the cards right now.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #669 on: October 14, 2010, 01:02:11 AM »
Shinzuu finally got all the blood out of his fur, and his mother patched him up well in the living room after he had dried up and gotten pants on. He sighed as he still felt quite a bit of disappointment for not being able to do as much as he was able to before the fight. Shiori, as if reading her son's mind, spoke up, "I know you changed a lot after your father's passing, but you got to learn to relax, sometimes. I'm not saying to become a lazy couch-potato like you used to be, but you've worked yourself non-stop for all these years, you need to take a break from it all. I'm sure your father would have said the same thing. I know he used to gripe to me about it when I went all crazy trying to lose the fat I had leftover from having you."

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #670 on: October 14, 2010, 04:03:51 PM »
When Reno looked at the birds flying away, Veronica did too. She wondered why he felt so connected to them but didn't think about it too long. She automatically looked to the ground when she heard the case drop. When Reno opened the case to inspect the violin within, Veronica looked it over. "That's a nice violin. Looks new." She said as she looked at it. "I didn't know you played an instrument." She didn't really know much about Reno at all, but she figured she'd try to keep conversation going with the instrument subject so there wasn't an awkward silence.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #671 on: October 15, 2010, 01:16:36 AM »
Schad looked at his paw for a moment, then reached out and grabbed it, shaking it. "Name's Schad. Maybe we ought to go outside to talk." She stepped around him and headed for the doorway, not checking to see if Sam was following or not. When she got outside, she turned to look as she was going down the stairs tripping over something before rolling down them. She sat up, somewhat in a daze as she smacked the bottom of the stairs hard and rubbed her head. "Jesus, what is it with me and stairs?" she asked herself as she recalled the time at the hospital. "You figured I'd have learned by now."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #672 on: October 15, 2010, 02:15:56 AM »
He saw that the violin was fine when he took it out. Even inside it was in great condition. "Y-Yeah...I play the violin." "Duh! That's clear! Idiot." "I'm...Alright...I'm not that great..." He was getting back to his nervous self again, he wasn't as used to being around Veronica as he was Schadenfreude. He was only so relaxed before because he was in his old house. He nervously stayed knelt down, trying not to look up either, feeling it might be awkward to look at another girl. He probably would play something if he was asked, cause he would want to be nice. Though he'd still be nervous.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #673 on: October 15, 2010, 05:05:42 AM »
Sam walked outside the library and paused to lite up a cigarette from his pocket the moment he stepped out the doors. He looked around and found Schad sitting at the bottom of the steps. Exhaling a cloud of smoke, he spoke. "Why are you sitting?" He asked, failing to realize that Schad had falled down the steps. Instead of waiting for a response from her, he threw down his bag of lacrosse gear and plopped himself down next to her on the steps. He looked out into the street while taking another drag. "You come here often?" He asked before turning his head to look at her and billowing smoke from his nostrils.

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #674 on: October 15, 2010, 05:38:40 PM »
         Zane hardly had time to react before the person tripped over him, causing her to fall down and him to gain a new bruise or two. However, despite his faint annoyance, he opened his eyes and descended the stairs to check on their condition, completely oblivious to Sam's presence. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry." He stammered, holding out his paw with an apologetic half-smile. "I guess my resting is more hazardous for everyone's health than my own."