The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74609 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #675 on: October 16, 2010, 04:30:14 PM »
Shinzuu left the apartment not too much longer after that and went to the arcade. He had left wearing a read t-shirt and some blue-jeans, not really caring what he wore today. It was just around lunch time when Shinzuu arrived at the arcade. It was around the time that it was really starting to fill up. As usual, a large crowd was at the new machine, people boasting how good they are after they beat a bunch of people who've never played before. Shinzuu smirked as he approached the machine and took out his leftover money, "Care to wager?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #676 on: October 16, 2010, 08:39:30 PM »
Veronica smirked and decided she would lighten the mood. "I think I'll be the judge of that..." She said, grinning at Reno. "Come on, take that pretty little violin out and show me the magic. I think you're being modest." She crossed her arms and waited for him to take the violin. "Doesn't matter what you play..." She said casually as she looked around the area while she waited.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #677 on: October 17, 2010, 05:44:44 PM »
She rubbed the back of her head, fairly certain she bumped it, somewhat embarrassed that she had fallen. She went to answer Spike, but as she did, so, a wolf hybrid apologized. She assumed that is what she had to have tripped over, and took his hand to get up. "It's okay. The stairs and I had to have it out anyway." She brushed herself off feeling the new injuries she got, looking down to see the right knee in her pants torn and a scrape under it. She smiled broadly despite being somewhat irritated that she had ripped her pants, throwing a pose and two thumbs up, "I'm hip." It was obviously sarcastic.. She didn't really care if they got it or not, she was pretty entertained.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #678 on: October 17, 2010, 08:16:45 PM »
Reno hid a nervous smile as he looked down still, it looked as if he literally wiped the smile from his face as he brought his sleeve to his face. He was actually checking for a bloody nose, he made it a regular thing to do in these types of situations. His nose wasn't bleeding so he slowly stood up, still not looking at Veronica because he was nervous. "A-Alright...Don't laugh if I mess up, I warned you that I'm not that great." He readied the violin to play but paused, trying to think of a song to play. A few moments of silence passed and Reno smirked, knowing what to play. He closed his eyes and began to play Belonging by Secret Garden. He closed his eyes like he would normally do, so as he played the music he could somewhat escape to his own little reality. Another reason so he could not concentrate on Veronica being there because it made him nervous. (No hate <3) Reno seemed to be really into the music, almost dancing though standing still. Normally he was sitting down, or standing in a tree so he couldn't exactly move much.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #679 on: October 18, 2010, 06:30:35 AM »
Sam narrowed his eyes as he took another drag from his cancer stick. He didn't get her sense of humor. He began to think that this girl was obviously awkward when it came to these sort of things. He forced a smiled at her gesture and ran his fingers through his spikes on his head. He accepted the fact that his question was ignored. It was stupid afterall. Sam really never was one for small talk. He stood up and looked down at the cut on Schad's knee. He bent down and took a closer look at it. It got to the point where he was sticking his entire face into her cut. He stood back up and exhaled his smoke before tossing the butt away. "Your jeans took a bigger hit than you did so you're ok." He looked at her. "You need something for that?

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• The Bibliophilic Therianthrope
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Harbinger of Lucid Nightmares;;
    • Awards
  • Currently: Believing in the Tale of the Silver Sight;;
« Reply #680 on: October 19, 2010, 12:02:17 PM »
              Zane sat back down on the stairs after noting she was okay, finally taking notice of Sam's presence. Instead of once again interrupting him, he decided to pull out his notebook and start filtering through his free-write ideas for his next story. They weren't the most amazing, but neither were they completely unworkable either. So he continued alternating between reading through, scratching out, and adding new ideas while he tried to remain semi-aware. It was fantastic that his Ipod was still playing, but now the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack and the original version of Scherzo di Notte causing Zane to play with his Heartless necklace remained partially hidden underneath his shirt.

H a v e n ' t  y o u  s e e n  m e  s l e e p w a l k i n g ? 

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #681 on: October 19, 2010, 03:48:57 PM »
Like the previous week, Shinzuu wiped the floor with all people who had the gajones to wager a bet of the game with him. He kept it up for a couple hours before people stopped showing up to challenge him for cash. Some kids had even asked Shinzuu to teach them how to play, but he didn't like teaching anyone anything. It's not because he hated people, it's just that he's horrible at even attempting to teach anything.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #682 on: October 19, 2010, 04:17:36 PM »
Veronica just smirked and shook her head at Reno's warning. She waited patiently while he thought of what to play, just looking at the ground. When Reno finally started to play, she closed her eyes and listened, blocking everything else out so there was no interference. She didn't know the song that he was playing but it sounded very well played even though she didn't know how it actually went. She could sense that he was moving around and a smile crept onto her face even though she couldn't see exactly what he was doing.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #683 on: October 19, 2010, 04:32:22 PM »
Schad settled and sat back down knowing they didn't really get that she was referring to holy jeans like they had back home where she was from. She looked down at her knee then scratched the back of her head. "No I should be fine, really." She leaned over somewhat to see if she could catch a glimpse at what Zane was doing. She knew she hated it when everyone else did it to her, but she couldn't help but do it herself. She snapped back up as if remembering Sam's question, then answered as if she had never fallen down the stairs. "Honestly I didn't know they had a library. Shows how much I come to it, I'm usually loitering at the park. I meant to check to see if they had any american comics."

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #684 on: October 19, 2010, 06:08:25 PM »
Reno kept moving to the song until he had finished playing it, bringing his violin down to his side to scratch the back of his head. After that he turned to Veronica with a bit of a smirk. "Be honest, was I bad? Heh..." He looked around the area after that, up and down the streets at the houses. He was starting to wonder why Veronica had shown up as she did. He seemed curious as he looked around, as if he was thinking. But he also looked more relaxed after the song, not as nervous as he was previously.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #685 on: October 19, 2010, 11:48:13 PM »
Sam chuckled. "I take it you're from America too?" He took a seat on the step and looked at Schad.  Sam's eyes switched from Schad to Zane. "Hello Zane." Sam said while still staring at him. "Thought you could disappear on me in there, eh!?" He said with a crazed look in his eyes. "I've been lookin for ya in there ya know..." He slipped another cigarette in between his lips without breaking his cold stare...or even blinking. His gaze immediately went back to normal when he switched it back to Schad. "You know that kid?" He asked nodding in Zane's direction.

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• The Bibliophilic Therianthrope
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Harbinger of Lucid Nightmares;;
    • Awards
  • Currently: Believing in the Tale of the Silver Sight;;
« Reply #686 on: October 21, 2010, 01:29:59 AM »
       Zane glanced up in time to catch Sam's staring, which caused him to be lightly unnerved. But by the time it had an effect, he had slipped back into his silent reverie reviewing his story topics, finally narrowing it down between the science fiction topic and the mystery topic. They both revolved around his main character, John Carlisle, who was once again thrown into a scenario where everything he had was going to be tested. He was about to start developing both, when he heard his name in the conversation. He maintained his position, only allowing his eyes to flicker up between his bangs to view Sam and the possum female, before they returned to his notebook. He swore he knew her name from somewhere, but due to his uncertainty, he remained mute. The smell of smoke however was starting to irritate him, so he shoved his things in his bag while giving a hasty, silent wave, and stared walking down the street toward his home.

H a v e n ' t  y o u  s e e n  m e  s l e e p w a l k i n g ? 

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #687 on: October 21, 2010, 02:09:21 AM »
Veronica chuckled and opened her eyes when Reno spoke then looked at him. "I knew you were being modest. You played very, very well. I don't even know the song and it still sounded good and like it was played correctly to me." She responded to his question. She noticed him looking around the area as if he was trying to figure something and it made her grin. "I live over there." She stated as if she had read his mind and pointed to the house across the street. "I'm surprised you're not hanging out with Schad..."

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #688 on: October 21, 2010, 02:33:55 AM »
"Yeah. Guilty as charged." She said in response to where she came from, when he nodded in hybrid's direction, she shook her head. "I've seen him at school, but that's it." Before she could really say anything further, the canine got up and left. "Well, fine leave, then." She shouted, not really mad, more or less in a playful manner. She had the urge to follow after, but didn't do it because of Sam. She stepped to the side making sure she was out of the smoke's way when he exhaled.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #689 on: October 21, 2010, 03:02:07 AM »
Reno blushed a bit at Veronica's compliment. When she told him she lived around here the mystery in his head was solved. When Schadenfreude was mentioned he blushed further and looked away scratching the back of his head. "I-...She-...I thought I've been in'er hair enough. I had just planned to relax in the park to think about-...Things...Then my-...erm...That bird...Made me come here...It seemed to want me here...It was...weird." So many things flooded his head at once, giving him a slight headache making him grab his forehead with his free hand. "Hey...Have you...Ever told someone how you feel about them?"