The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74604 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #690 on: October 21, 2010, 04:25:51 AM »
Sam narrowed his eyes when Zane got up and left. He hated it when he did that but at this point he couldn't care less. He took one long and final drag from the newly lit cigarette before flicking it away. "This guy..." He said shaking his head. "I'll never understand him. It's like he can just...make his own reality from his own writing." He said, referring to Zane once he was gone. His eyes turned to Schad. "Look's like you and I are in the same boat." He stood up and took hold of his lacrosse bag. "Listen, I guess I should get going...It was nice meeting you. I'll see ya around." He said with a smile slinging his bag over his shoulder and turning to walk away.

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• The Bibliophilic Therianthrope
  • Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
  • Harbinger of Lucid Nightmares;;
    • Awards
  • Currently: Believing in the Tale of the Silver Sight;;
« Reply #691 on: October 22, 2010, 05:50:22 PM »
         "All this feels strange and untrue...and I won't waste a minute, without you" Zane quietly sang along with the song playing on his Ipod. He couldn't shake the feeling he was being followed, but ignored it as a useless paranoia from his interaction with Sam. The chain-smoker was definitely unusual to say the least. And he didn't know if he would hang around him for a while...or at all. Anti-social was quickly becoming his new fashion, as was a derivative apathetic outlook. Neither were very appealing, and Zane hoped he would be able to change that, and shake the feeling of not being alone.

H a v e n ' t  y o u  s e e n  m e  s l e e p w a l k i n g ? 

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #692 on: October 23, 2010, 12:09:30 AM »
Now it was Veronica's turn to turn pink under her fur. "Um...no...I've never done that..." She responded to Reno's question, rubbing the back of her neck. "I've never actually liked someone..." "Until now..." She finished in her head. She slowly lowered her hand to her side and her expression turned into a slight frown at the thought of Shinzuu. It had all been blocked from her thoughts since she had been distracted from it during the time she was here with Reno. Now it was starting to come back to her thoughts with a vengeance but all she let show emotion-wise was that slight frown.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #693 on: October 23, 2010, 08:28:05 AM »
After Sam plodded off, Schad sprinted in the direction the other went, still having him in sight. When she finally caught up to him, she stopped not really knowing what to do, but managing to utter a "Hey." She wondered what on earth she was doing, but it seemed better than being bored out of her mind at her hotel room. "What's your name?" she asked, not really paying attention to if he had responded to her initial greeting.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #694 on: October 23, 2010, 04:39:44 PM »
Reno noticed a frown on Veronica's face and figured it was because of what he said. "Hey, it's okay, it's not a big deal if you don't know. Don't be sad, I don't mind, really." he said with a bit of a smile, trying to make her feel a little better. He was oblivious to what it was that was really bugging her. He felt bad himself for making her feel bad and didn't really know what else to do at this point. "Wanna go somewhere and do somethin'? Take your mind off things? How 'bout a movie?" He almost froze after that, he realized what he let slip out. He practically asked her on a date. "Idiot, idiot, idiot, stupid idiot...I hope she says no...This'll be awkward is she doesn't..." Their actions would likely be taken the wrong way on many levels, he only thought about what if Schadenfreude saw them going to the movies together. Not to mention the secretive group of rumor starters from school that always seemed to be following all of them. He kept a fake smile on as he waited for his possible doom.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #695 on: October 25, 2010, 03:51:03 PM »
A couple hours later, Sam was at the lacrosse field. It took some time to get there because he stopped to grab a coffee and more smokes. He looked out at the field. The guys were out doing their usual drills and socializing. One of them looked up and saw the fox with the mohawk. "SAM!!! Where you been!?" It was one of Sam's buddies who ran over and tackled him to the floor in a hug. The rest of the team had noticed he finally showed up each smiling that he came. "Yeah bro, I'm here...Now get off me." Sam said as he lay on the floor with the hulking wolf on top of him.

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• Eager Elephant
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 100 Most Online
    • Awards
« Reply #696 on: October 26, 2010, 07:17:53 PM »
                  "Erm...hey." Zane replied, before turning around, cursing himself for reacting before thinking. "My name's Zane." The hybrid pulled his headphones around his neck again, noting they'd spent more time there today than they had over his ears. Except this time, to save his battery, he reach into his pocket to switch his Ipod onto dormant and hold. He had roughly half a battery thanks to his day or two without charging it, and would need it once he finally got home for the day. The hybrid glanced around to see if Sam was around, noting with a silent sigh of relief he wasn't. ""Forgot to ask your name earlier...guess being your indirect assailant kind of excuses that though" He laughed sheepishly, winding and unwinding the cord of his headphones around his paw while he spoke.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #697 on: October 27, 2010, 04:03:52 PM »
Veronica sighed. "It's not because I've done that, it's just...never mind." She said and shook her head to get the thoughts out. She watched him as he asked her if she wanted to do something and saw something like worry in his eyes after he finished. "I think I'll pass. I'm going to just go over to my house and watch some movies and pig out or something." She responded and started to turn to go across the street but looked back at him for a second. "And Reno..." She waited for him to look at her before finishing. "Stop worrying so much about everything." She gave him a smile and waved before crossing the street. When she got inside her house, she found something to snack on and put in The Little Mermaid because she felt like watching a Disney movie. When it got to the part where Sebastian was singing "Kiss the Girl", she sighed to herself and hugged a pillow to her chest. "Like that'll ever happen now..."

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #698 on: October 27, 2010, 06:12:37 PM »
"Ah, it's alright, Zane, I told you the stairs have it out for me." She rubbed the back of her head. "The name's Schadenfreude." She realized past answering his question and her answering his that she hadn't quite thought the whole thing out when she had run up to him, but she thought it was rude not to say something after Sam had gone. She had noticed the tension between the two.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #699 on: October 27, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »
Reno was glad that Veronica had turned him down. He smiled a bit and waved as she went home. When she told him not to worry so much he turned away blushing and chuckled before packing away his violin. After that he got up and started to walk away. "Heh...I feel like I've been told that before..." He decided to walk home and just relax for the day before he did something stupid again.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #700 on: October 28, 2010, 04:11:25 AM »
Sam was on the bench sifting through his bag and throwing on his lacrosse gear. He gagged at the smell of his equippment. It almost smelled like it hadn't been washed since he got it. Jeeez. Sam said, taking a whiff of the gloves. He grimaced but didn't seem to care too much. Every guy loved his own brand. He slipped on the helmet which he modified to accomdate his mohawk and grabbed his stick before rushing out to join the other guys.

Offline Brooklyn K. Grey

• Eager Elephant
    • Awards
« Reply #701 on: October 30, 2010, 03:08:42 AM »
    "Schadenfreude, eh? That's an interesting name" Zane commented, again without thought. Today was just going to be one of those days. "Erm...wanna go do something? To be honest, I'd rather not go home right now." The hybrid shifted his bag's weight on his shoulder, trying to diffuse his light nervousness at asking a stranger to hang out with him. But to be honest, no one but Melinda would hang out with him because he pretty much avoided everyone. That's why this morning's events were so odd.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #702 on: October 30, 2010, 11:33:04 AM »
After eating a bit, Shinzuu left the arcade and decided to head home. It was unusual for him to head home before sundown on a Sunday, but he just wasn't in the mood. On the way, Shinzuu saw Reno heading in the opposite direction towards where he lived. His blood boiled as he walked up to Reno. Shinzuu stopped in front of Reno and pretended to have a more friendly tone, "Hey Reno, what have you been doing? And where's Schad?"

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #703 on: October 30, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »
Veronica snacked on some chips as she continued to watch The Little Mermaid as it went on from the "Kiss The Girl" part. The way that this was going she might end being fat after a while but at the moment she didn't care if she did. If Shinzuu was going to not like her, she figured she might as well give him something not to like. She wasn't really going to make herself fat though, she had no intention of doing that. She took a drink of her chocolate milk because her mouth was getting dry from the chips then continued to eat as she watched the movie.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #704 on: October 30, 2010, 06:04:46 PM »
"Uh, sure." She seemed somewhat caught off guard by the question because she didn't think things entirely through when she came running up, but what else could she expect? She looked around, not exactly knowing what to do at this point, then she mentioned, "But I still hardly have any bearings on this place, so you get to pick what to do. I don't know the entirety of it's splendor. Usually I find places through other people taking me there."