The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74606 times)

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #705 on: October 30, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »
Reno didn't expect to see Shinzuu of all people, if anyone he wanted to see Schadenfreude. When he talked to him, he seemed a little off, but he hadn't seen him in awhile so didn't think anything of it. "Oh, uhm...H-Hey, Shinzuu. I uhm...Was just out for a walk, thinkin' on good memories of the past." At that moment he didn't think what he said could have been twisted easily into an entirely different meaning but he kept going. "As for Schad...I haven't seen 'er since yesterday. Why did you and Veronica ask that? It seems weird..." after that he blushed a little and looked away.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #706 on: October 31, 2010, 06:16:01 AM »
Sam and the rest of the team had finished their game. He sat with some of them on the bleachers while they changed. "So Sam, the guys and I were thinking about heading out to a movie or something later on. Wanna come? The wolf who'd tackled him earlier looked at him for an answer. Sam was caught with the question while lighting up a cigarette. He looked at him and took a drag. "Sure thing, dude. I just got to drop my stuff off at home and I'll catch up with you guys later." Sam stood up and picked up his bag. "Sounds good, bro." Sam nodded and walked off. He left the field and made his way down the street. He turned the corner to see Shinzuu along with someone else across the street. He couldn't make out who it was since their back was turned. Sam kept to himself though and kept walking up the street towards them on the opposite side of the road, while his eyes occaisonally glanced over at them.

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #707 on: November 01, 2010, 07:58:08 PM »
Shinzuu let out a smile as the sound of Veronica's name made his blood boil. So you were with her... "Really? That is weird..." Without warning, Shinzuu let out a punch right into Reno's face, knocking the kid onto his rear. Without another word, he walked on. Shinzuu was furious as he stormed off, muttering to himself the whole way home, "(censored) little (censored). To think that I (censored) gave a (censored) about your (censored) (censored)............"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #708 on: November 02, 2010, 01:28:50 AM »
When the movie ended, Veronica got off her lazy bum and took the movie out. She scanned the shelves of DVDs for something else that she would be interested in watching. It took her a few minutes before she found something since she was very indecisive. She finally pulled Mulan off the shelf and put the DVD in the DVD player. She took her glass to the kitchen to refill it while the ads started. When she sat back down, she skipped to the menu and selected play. As the opening credits started, she started to dig into the chips again.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #709 on: November 02, 2010, 03:07:43 AM »
Reno didn't expect to get punched in the face, especially by Shinzuu. It hurt more since he thought they were friends. Before he could say anything he had stormed off. "What...The hell was that for?" He thought slowly getting to his feet. He then rubbed the spot where he was hit still confused. He picked his violin case back up and continued walking home. Reno was shaking a bit as he walked, just filled with confusion, pain and sadness. He eventually made it home without further incident luckily. He just fell on his bed rubbing the spot. "...Was it somethin' I said...? I hope this doesn't escalate further..."

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #710 on: November 02, 2010, 05:08:24 AM »
Sam froze in his tracks as he watched as Shinzuu sucker punch the kid he was talking to. Sam later realized it was Reno. His jaw clenched as his eyes followed Shinzuu's hasty getaway. Sam's clenched his fist, crushing his cigarette in his grip. Once he was gone, his glance switched back over to Reno. He didn't say anything to him from across the street. This wasn't his fight and it wasn't his place. The last thing he needed was drama. Sam narrowed his eyes. He was getting tired of Shinzuu's bitterness...and fast. He watched Reno pick himself off the pavement and recollect himself before going on his way. Sam could see that Reno was shaken up by the ordeal.

Instead of going home, Sam followed after Reno, quietly chain smoking and walking after him until he reached home. The fox stood outside the residence for sometime, making somewhat of a sketch scene and catching glimpses from passer-bys. He was in thought and he knew Reno was upset about it. Although he barely knew the kid, it never hurt to check up on someone. Sam flicked away the butt of his smoke and took his steps toward the door. He knocked three times and took a step back, waiting for a response.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #711 on: November 07, 2010, 07:34:29 PM »
It wasn't until he got home, that Shinzuu realized how much his hand hurts. He growled as he walked into the apartment home and dove into the refrigerator. Shiori sniffled as she was awoken by the sound and in a dazed state, stared at her son who was now icing his hand, but it didn't register in her mind that it was anything until he was walking over to the other couch. "Oh! Are you alright? You must be out to kill yourself today, aren't you? Come, let me take a look at it." Shinzuu refused at first, but thought the wiser when Shiori eyed him angrily. She removed the ice and examined Shinzuu's hand. Shiori moved his fur aside and examined the hand more thoroughly, "You were fighting, weren't you? Your knuckles on your ring finger pinky are swollen. Most people get these when they don't know what they're doing. I used to drag your father out of the bar after he gets knocked out there. Of course, this was way before you were born, but I know fighting scars/bruises when I see them. It looks like you didn't use this hand a lot so you should be fine. It could have been worse, you could have potentially broken your finger joints. Please stay away from fighting, sweetie. I'm pretty sure Kugutsune would be upset to see his son turn out like him, even if it's from the other side." Shinzuu sighed and wrenched his hand away, slouching back onto the other couch and slowly falling asleep in it. He had no idea that the next day would turn his entire world upside down for both himself and his friends.

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #712 on: November 07, 2010, 08:47:17 PM »
The snacking had made it so Veronica didn't need to have supper since she had filled up on chips and chocolate milk. As she was watching Mulan, her parents had come home. Her mom sat in the chair after changing into pajamas while her father was in the bathroom taking a shower. It was halfway into the movie at this point and her eyes kept falling closed repeatedly and then would snap open again. "Why don't you go to bed, sweetheart?" Her mother asked as she witnessed Veronica dozing off. "Don't want to go upstairs..." Veronica mumbled. "Well then I guess you can sleep on the couch for the night. Just don't get up late tomorrow." Her mom responded as she got out of the chair when her husband came out of the bathroom. They both said goodnight to Veronica then went to bed themselves. It didn't take Veronica very long after closing the chip bag and curling up under the throw blanket to fall asleep with Mulan still playing on the TV.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #713 on: November 08, 2010, 06:14:54 AM »
Shad had found herself easily lost when she had tagged along behind Zane. She couldn't seem to keep up and he didn't seem to hear her when she called his name. "If he'd take that damned iPod out of his ears for once," she mumbled, finally giving up on trying to follow him. At least he had left her in a familiar place. She finally walked alone to the hotel, the lights being her only guide when the sun disappeared. Once inside, she made her way to her door, ignoring the fox knocking at Reno's door. She quickly closed the door behind her. She didn't really have anything against the guy, but her day had been less than desirable, and it left her not wanting to talk to him. She flopped over onto her bed and sighed, face down in her pillow.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #714 on: November 08, 2010, 06:25:31 AM »
Reno heard the knock at his door and got up to answer it. He thought it might have been Schadenfreude so he was quick about it. He opened it and was surprised to see someone other than her and it was obvious by the look on his face and how it changed when he opened the door. He recognized him from school. "Uhm...Hey...Uhm..." "Ugh...What was his name? I've heard it before...Lem...Tim?...Uh...Sam? I think that's it..." "...Sam, right...?" He said lightly point at him and scratching the back of his head. His cheek had began to swell without him noticing and his nose started bleeding. Both of which were noticeable.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #715 on: November 08, 2010, 06:59:27 AM »
Sam didn't say anything at first. His face was blank of expression in the doorway while smoke lightly billowed off the cigarette that barely hung between his lips. He stared at Reno and what Shinzuu had done to him. The fox watched as blood began to drip from the guy's nose. A feeling came over Sam like a warm blanket. Literally. He was heating up. That feeling was nothing but pure rage, anger, and hate mixed into one small package that was waiting to explode in Sam's head. That **** ******* ************. Sam took a deep breath to collect himself, looked Reno in the eyes and spoke. "Look, I saw what happened. I wanted to see if you were okay so I followed you home. Looking at you now, I can see that you're a goddamn mess. Your nose is bleeding and your half of your face is about the size of a friggin' baseball. What the hell happened? Why did Shinzuu do this to you?"

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #716 on: November 08, 2010, 05:23:39 PM »
Reno wiped his nose on his sleeve noticing it was bleeding and his face became sore. He felt his face with a saddened and hurt expression on his face. "I-...I don't know why...I thought...We were friends..." He almost seemed as if he were about to cry just by the look of his eyes. He was really shaken up and hurt in more ways than one about the whole thing. "But I'm okay...Really, It's nothing a bag of ice and tissue won't fix...I'd invite you in but...I think I want to be alone right now...I'm sorry...Thanks for checking up on me though..." He sounded really glum and depressed, not like he was going to cry though, that's just what his eyes said. He wanted to wait until Sam had left before he closed the door, he was ready to just go to bed and sleep off some of this pain.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #717 on: November 08, 2010, 05:45:15 PM »
Sam put a hand on Reno's shoulder. "It's fine, man. Take all the time you need...You'll be alright." He patted Reno on the shoulder twice before walking away. He took the stairs and walked home. He took the long way to his house that night. He was thinking the entire way. He'd called his buddies ealier to let them know that he had to bail on them. The enire way to his house, he couldn't get the thought of fighting Shinzuu out of his head. He wanted to give that kid a taste of what it was like to be on the losing end.

When he got home, he ignored his father's cries and went straight to his room. He lay on his bed and stared up at the ceiling, his stereo was on low and he was filling up his ashtray. He wasn't sleeping that night. He was preparing.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #718 on: November 09, 2010, 01:09:54 AM »
Shinzuu awoke the next morning all groggy and his hand still a bit sore. He dressed and ate before leaving for school. As Shinzuu went down the street, along his usual route, something just felt off. Next thing he knew, he was surrounded by a bunch of other kids dressed in uniform loosely like thugs, and some that dressed fully as thugs. "To what do I owe to the future and current drop-outs? You're Sam's boys, right?"

Meanwhile, at the hotel complex, a couple thug-boys in loose school uniforms, knocked on Reno's door. "Reno! Hurry up, man. We're walking you to school, today. Sam wants you to see something."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #719 on: November 09, 2010, 02:21:52 AM »
Veronica woke up the next morning to hear the main menu of the Mulan DVD playing and tiredly rubbed her eyes. She stopped the DVD and shut of the TV then got up off the couch. When she looked at the clock she saw that she had gotten up ten minutes late and let out a sigh. That was nothing that couldn't be fixed by skipping breakfast though. She went upstairs, changed into her uniform and brushed her teeth. She then went back downstairs, put on her shoes and grabbed her bag, heading out the door. She proceeded to walk along her normal route to school.