The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74596 times)

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
  • Reference: [link]
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #765 on: November 23, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »
Sam huffed and looked down. "This morning. I don't know what the hell all that was." He looked back up at him. "All I wanted to do was show Shinzuu what he was doing to you, to me, everyone. I never meant for any of this to happen." Sam was trying to comprehend what was going on in Reno's head. "...I guess...I guess I'm sorry for getting you into this mess. My beef with Shinzuu and all." His eyes glanced over at a few freshman kids staring at him from across the hall. Their head quickly turned the other way. He looked back at Reno. "You alright?"

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #766 on: November 24, 2010, 12:40:45 AM »
Shinzuu sighed in frustration as he got home and threw his bag to the side, along with the jacket of his uniform. "Don't get too used to it, Shinny. We're going to the hospital." Shinzuu just gave Shiori a look, "Why? There's nothing wrong." Shiori sighed as she put her jacket on, "Actually, yes there is. Veronica's parents didn't survive the surgery. I'm going to go there to take care of the legal issues. Now clean up your stuff, I already cleaned out the guest room. She'll be staying with us. I'm going to sign as her legal guardian. She has no other family."

Meanwhile, two police officers entered Schad's room, alongside with the hotel owner. "Yes, that is her. She stays at my establishment alongside my other child. She will be under my care. I cannot let children suffer through irresponsible parents, or go homeless. So please, just leave." He walked up to her bedside, though she might not be fully conscious for it, "I'm sorry, child, but you're going to have to live in Reno's room from now on. For legal purposes, I can only allow one room to be reserved for my family, so I'll be your legal guardian from now on. I've taken the liberty of having the missus bring your belongings into Reno's room. He should be here in a few minutes, from what I heard."

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #767 on: November 24, 2010, 07:15:27 AM »
She seemed rather confused when she was confronted with the hotel owner. She hadn't exactly recognized him, nor had she gotten that she would be moving in with Reno, but she had heard his name mentioned. She found herself frustrated because she had wanted to know what was going on a moment ago, and now that some of it was being explained, she couldn't keep herself focused or clear. On the one hand, she was a little dopey because of the medicine, but she managed to ask about the drivers after she stumbled over her words a few times. "So what happened with the people who hit my leg?" She doubted she would be able to retain the information they gave, but she was going to at least try.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #768 on: November 24, 2010, 07:32:18 AM »
"Yeah I'm fine...Schad was hit by that car...She's the one I-...Hrm...You probably don't even know'er...But I heard it was Veronica's parents in the car...I hope they're okay...I'd...Hate to see that happen to her...She doesn't deserve it..." As he was talking the teacher came out of the room. Reno stopped her and after a bit of explaining he got Schadenfreude's work for the day. "Well I have to go..." With a sigh he walked off. "What else can go wrong today...?" He made his way back to the hospital via another cab, he was quite out of it and not paying attention to what was really going on. He got to the hospital and started heading to Schadenfreude's room, not expecting anyone else to be there.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #769 on: November 26, 2010, 07:16:40 AM »
It was well after school and Sam, had for the first time, reamained behind in the cafeteria with the other kids who were forgotten about by their parents to be picked up. He sat at one of the tables covered in scratches and graffitti. His mohawk and drooped and so had Sam's face. He was utterbly miserable. Suddenly, he heard a chair pull out from beside him. Someone he'd never seen before took a seat next to him and stared contently into his face. "Uhhh...Can I help you?" He asked. The freshman raccoon just stared at him. Sam looked past the coon's head to the table behind him. He noticed a group of other kids staring back, some giggling, others with complete shock and awe. He got it. Sam rolled his eyes and leaned back in his chair and put his head down.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #770 on: November 27, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »
The owner turned as Reno walked in, "Reno, I need to talk to you. Follow me back outside. We need to talk." He placed an arm around Reno as they exited. Outside, he sat Reno down and explained everything that was going to happen.

Shinzuu and Shiori made it to the hospital and found Veronica sleeping outside of the emergency area. Shiori gently woke her up as they walked over, while Shinzuu just stepped to the side a bit, not looking at Veronica, looking at the ground.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #771 on: November 27, 2010, 09:55:50 PM »
Veronica sharply inhaled when she was woken up and rubbed her eyes. When she opened her eyes, they looked red and sort of puffy as she spotted Shiori standing over her. "Who--?" She started to ask who she was as she slowly sat up but stopped her question short when she saw Shinzuu, realizing it was his mother. "What are you doing here?" She asked, sounding slightly irritated which was mainly due to the combination of being woken up and her being unhappy with Shinzuu. Something didn't feel right as she sat there looking at the two of them. Her nerves were really working on her and she felt a strong fear in the pit of her stomach.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #772 on: November 27, 2010, 11:53:29 PM »
They walked off without answering, and she found herself swimming in her own thoughts as she fell back onto the hospital bed. She really hated not knowing what was going on, so she closed her eyes and sighed, stretching as best as she could without hurting herself. She finally decided that maybe it was time to take a look at her leg. She pulled the covers back and inspected the cast on her leg, and it was then that the tears she had been holding back finally rolled down the fur on her cheeks. She didn't want to be helped around, and the lack of information made her scared that she may not be using it again.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #773 on: November 28, 2010, 07:18:15 PM »
Reno didn't expect to see the owner of the hotel in Schadenfreude's room. When he took him outside and explained everything to him he was quite shocked. "S-She's goin' to be stayin' in my room?!" He blushed, which caused his face to hurt so he put his hand on it. "Oh man...This is...Oh man...A girl...In my bed...HER...In MY bed....Oh man....What could possibly happen next...This day is full of surprises." Still freaking out a little Reno looked at the papers he was holding then to the owner. "Oh...Uh...I need to get these to Schad. It's her school work. So uh...Yeah." Reno walked off not really knowing what else to do. He didn't know what to think, or how to feel, there was just so much happening. He walked back to Schadenfreude's room, looking flustered. As he walked he saw Shinzuu and Veronica. As he passed Shinzuu he held his head low and walked by. Eventually he got to Schadenfreude's room. He walked in and saw the tears in her eyes. But he looked away a bit making like he didn't see anything. "Uhm...Hey...I'm uhm...Back...I got your school work for today." He seemed more nervous than he had normally been around her, he was nervous about the fact she would be staying in his room now.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #774 on: November 29, 2010, 07:09:45 AM »
"NEXT TIME I ROB YOU HAVE MONEY!!! Sam walked by the alley between the comic book store and the diner. He stopped in front of what appeared to be a mugging. The fur in the ground was badly bleeding while a somewhat familar fur was over top, giving him kicks to the gut and face with a size 11 combat boot. The victim, a young rabbit, was in tears, huddling in the fetal position doing his best to protect himself. Sam was tired and his mohawk now hung down to the side of his head. He was not in the mood. "EH!" Sam yelled to get the mugger's attention. Sam already knew it was one of his crew. The punk wolf looked up at Sam. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU WANT!?" He snarled before realizing who it was. "Leave the guy alone, Styx." Sam said, taking a drag. There was a moment of silence between the two. All that was heard was the low sniffling of the bloody victim on the floor.

Styx looked down at his victim and up at Sam. Styx was a lot older than Sam but he knew his place. He smiled and chuckled. "You got it, buddy." Styx was already backing off. "I never took you as a vigilante kind of guy." Sam narrowed his eyes but didn't say anything. Styx laughed and walked off down the alley. The rabbit lay on the wet ground, battered and bruised, sobbing and shaking. Sam walked up. The rabbit immediately flinched. "I'm not going to hurt you. C'mon, let's get you cleaned up." He helped the rabbit onto his feet. The amount of damage done to the rabbit was immense. Sam groaned. He just wanted to go home."...I'm taking you to the hospital. Let's go."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #775 on: November 29, 2010, 06:44:27 PM »
Shinzuu turned away, hands still in his pockets, when Veronica asked what was going on. Shiori placed her hands on Veronica's shoulders and sighed in a calming voice, "I'm sorry, dear, but your parents didn't make it. The nurses wanted to inform you, but you were sleeping so they called me. I'm so sorry to be the one to tell you this." Shinzuu himself choked a little at his mother's words, as it sounded similar to what he had to listen to when his father passed. In frustration of himself, he left and went to the cafeteria.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #776 on: November 30, 2010, 05:38:56 PM »
As soon as the word "sorry" had escaped Shiori's mouth, Veronica's facial expression dropped. She already knew what was coming before it was even said. Looking up at Shiori with an empty expression until she was done speaking, she then glanced over at Shinzuu when he choked a little and walked off. Her eyes then directed themselves at the floor. After a few more seconds, the fact that her parents weren't coming back finally really kicked in and she broke down, putting her face in her hands and pulling away so Shiori's hands fell off her shoulders. As she sat there sobbing, it sounded like she was saying something in between sobs. "....no.......no.....no...no.NO!" Her voice grew louder and louder until she screamed the word. She didn't want to believe that it was true. She wanted to pinch herself and wake up from this nightmare, but when she pinched her arm and slightly opened her eyes, she was still looking at the floor of the hospital. She shut her eyes tighter as she cried harder and harder, and started to rock herself back and forth in her seat. After a minute or two she suddenly got up out of her seat quickly and started to run toward the operation rooms. She didn't get very far before her legs gave out underneath her and she landed on the floor on her knees. Putting her face back in her hands, she continued to sob right there in the middle of the hallway.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #777 on: December 01, 2010, 02:36:24 AM »
Schad turned her head quickly and wiped her face with her arm, hoping Reno didn't see that she was crying. "Thanks, Reno." She said, taking the books from him and looking through the notes that had been scribbled as instructions for her to follow from the teachers. She seemed somewhat blank, and in all honesty, she was now that she had stopped crying. "So what's up, are the people that wrecked okay?" She was still fixated on seeing if anyone other than herself had been hurt.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #778 on: December 02, 2010, 01:12:27 AM »
"I'm not sure...But...It was Veronica's parents in the car....She's here too...So is.......Shinzuu." When Reno said "Shinzuu" his tone grew cold and bitter, as if he talked of someone he hated. His face hurt again and he put his hand on to try and help it feel better. "I think I'm going to get some more ice..." he groaned. "Be back in a sec..." He turned and walked out of the room. He walked down a few halls to the ice machine, which was near Veronica. It was just about the time she heard the news. He saw her crying as he stood in the hallway, he knew that the news wasn't good. He didn't know what to do at that point, part of him wanted to tell her sorry, another wanted to say "crying won't bring them back". He believed crying didn't solve anything, which is why he avoids it. Yet still a part of him wanted to cry with her, he knew how she felt. His parents too died from a car in a sense. He took a step forward without being able to help it, stopping for only a second confused. He then walked up to her and stood in front of her for a second, he tried to speak but couldn't form any words. Again without thinking he bent down and took her by the hand. Reno pulled Veronica to her feet and gave her a hug, he was a bit taller than her so he hugged her over the shoulders. "...I-I...Know how you feel...I...I'm so-..." He wanted to say sorry but he would feel like a hypocrite. "...It...It's going to be okay..." "You're an idiot...It's not okay...Her parents are dead! Your parents..Are dead...No one was there to say it to me. Don't lie to her..." As he was hugging her he was trembling, flashing back to the lonely nights crying all alone. No one was there to comfort him, he didn't have anyone else. "I wish this didn't happen to you..." A tear ran down his face as he continued to hug her. He didn't know what to do now that he had gone through with this.

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
« Reply #779 on: December 03, 2010, 12:43:03 AM »
Sam walked through the doors of Emergency with the mugging victim. He was still crying as Sam walked along side him. "Take a seat and wait here." Sam said. His voice was tired. He'd said it like he'd said it a thousand times before. The hospital wasn't busy but the few who were the all turned in his direction, looking at the bloody rabbit's cut up face. The strangest feeling rushed over Sam like a warm blanket. Had everything gone as planned, Shinzuu would be in the same position as the rabbit and Sam would be standing there next to him because things would have gotten out of hand way too fast. Suddenly he'd heard Shinzuu's name down the hallway. He thought he'd almost imagined it but stepping away and poking his head around the corner he saw Reno talking to Schad in one of the rooms. What the hell is he doing here again? He waited until Reno left and then popped back into the room. "...Surprise!..." Sam's ill-fated attempt to seem cheerful failed miserabley. He looked at Schad's leg and sighed. "How you doing?"