The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74594 times)

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #780 on: December 03, 2010, 02:17:12 AM »
Shinzuu sighed as he grabbed a drink from the cafeteria and chugged it down before sighing and grabbing another one for Veronica and walking back to the main lobby. The second he turned the corner, he saw Reno there hugging Veronica and his blood boiled even more. Shinzuu crushed the can, with it exploding and splashing everywhere, including all over Shinzuu's jeans and shirt. He dropped the exploded can and walked out of the front door, punching his fist into the glass door, and cracking it where his fist hit it. Shinzuu's hand began to bleed from some small shards lodging inside his knuckles, but he just picked them out and walked home.

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #781 on: December 03, 2010, 03:29:27 AM »
Veronica didn't know who had pulled her up and hugged her until Reno had spoken so when she was first pulled up she had kept her arms at her sides as she continued to cry. It wasn't until Reno had finally finished talking that she couldn't resist anyone's attempts to comfort her anymore and she quickly wrapped her arms around him, clutching the back of his shirt in her hands. When she heard the crunching of aluminum and a fizzing & splattering sound, she slowly opened her eyes and looked over Reno's shoulder. She managed to see Shinzuu through her tears just before he disappeared again. She didn't understand what his issue was but she wasn't in the right frame of mind to even bother trying to figure it out. He was going to live another day, her parents weren't; his issues could wait. She closed her eyes again as she continued crying and rested her head against the front of Reno's shoulder again. If he got uncomfortable with her, he was going to have to pry his shirt out of her hands because she was such a wreck that she would easily release her grip.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
« Reply #782 on: December 03, 2010, 06:55:57 AM »
"Ah crap." She said, looking up from the papers. She seemed not to care very much, but the fact was she was somewhat lost in reading the notes she had just gotten. You could see a little emotion bleed through when her brow furled a little, she chewed on the end of the pencil she had retrieved from one of the binders nervously. Her eyes  and the fur on her cheeks were still wet with tears, and the truth was she was trying to hide it by acting like she was concerned about her schoolwork. She had only took the time to look up when he told her he'd be back, if only to frown in response because of how much his demeanor had changed. When he left, she threw her books in the floor and covered her face again, feeling the anxiety coming over her again like a sickness. She fell backward from sitting up, seeming to be trying to cram the back of her head as far into the pillow as she could by pushing her hands into her face. It wasn't until she heard a "surprise" at the door that she stopped, and sat up, somewhat shocked that it wasn't Reno and somewhat feeling crappy that someone else would be seeing her in her current state. "I-I Uhm, I'm alright." Her voice came out shakier than she had expected it to. She felt the urge to cover her face again, but she stopped herself from doing so. "W-W.. What are you doing here?" she asked.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #783 on: December 03, 2010, 07:03:27 PM »
Reno stood there letting Veronica cry on his shoulder, he felt her grip tighten on the back of his shirt. "...Now what? Now what do I do...Maybe I should try gettin' her mind off this...How? I doubt she wants to eat...I didn't...Maybe-...Oh shoot, I need to get back to Schad! I bet she's freakin' out. Bollocks...Got me self between two girls again." "Uhm...Hey, lets go see Schad, try to ta- er...I'm sure she'd like to see you. How 'bout it? Hmm?" The thought of picking her up cross his mind but he felt he was getting to cozy as it is. If she went for the idea he'd guide her to see Schadenfreude, if not he would have to wait until she decided to free him from her grip.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #784 on: December 05, 2010, 10:08:42 PM »
Shinzuu sighed as he finally got home, all alone. His home phone rang as if almost on queue and he picked it up, it was his mother. "Why the heck are you at home!? I've been looking for you everywhere!" Shinzuu groaned and sighed as he had to cover his ear to muffle out the shouting, "If you're still there, you should know why. That's the kid that was pretending to be my friend just to get to her. I don't care if she's going to be living with us, but don't ask me to do anything unnecessary, alright? Besides, it's not like she actually cared for me anyways."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #785 on: December 06, 2010, 03:02:00 AM »
Veronica didn't stop crying but she nodded her head 'yes' after a minute in response to Reno's question. She released his shirt from her grip and sniffled as she pulled away from him. Keeping her eyes directed downward, she wiped the tears away even though she knew more would take their place. She waited to follow Reno to Schad's room, trying to suck it up long enough to look at least moderately okay to Schad. She knew her eyes were red and puffy so she wouldn't actually succeed in her act though.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum. This user has donated to the forum more than once.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #786 on: December 08, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
Reno was glad Veronica let him go from her grip. He led her down the halls to Schadenfreude's room. As they walked in he saw Sam sitting in one of the chairs but paid him no mind. "Uhm...Got a visitor for you, Schad." he said nervously. Reno felt a bit uncomfortable, not really knowing what to do next. He remained standing next to Veronica, kinda hoping there would be no more hugs, at least in front of Schadenfreude. He didn't expect himself to even hug her in the first place, it just happened. "So uhm...How's the leg doin'?" "I hope Veronica doesn't say anythin'...About that hug...Or my parents...If she doesn't know already...She's a sharp one."

Offline Armalite_

• Shoots to Thrill
  • Scented Skunk
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 100 Topic Starter Top 100 Poster
  • For the phony tough and the crazy brave.
    • Fur Affinity
    • My FA
    • Awards
  • Species: Spotted Hyena
  • Coloring: White, brown, charcoal, and green
  • Height: 5' 11"
  • Weight: 200 lbs.
  • Build: Toned
« Reply #787 on: December 08, 2010, 05:02:24 PM »
"...I was taking a...friend to the hospital because he got into a...fight. I heard your name and saw Reno. I figured I'd pop in to see how you're doing." Sam looked at Schad's face and was a little startled by what he saw. He'd seen his share of bloody fights and their results but something about Reno's face hit very close to home. He felt terrible and was very sorry for seeing the state she was in. "...The car hit you pretty bad didn't it? I was told at the police station." He walked over from the door and sat down in the chair, taking note of the mess of paperwork on the floor beside her bed. He sat down and put his hands over his face. He suddenly looked up. "I hope I'm not a bother or intruding...it's just...the police tried to pin the crash on me and the gang." He looked down on the floor. A laugh came through his tired expression. "It's funny, I'm blamed for something I have no idea about...You were there. What did you see?"

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #788 on: December 08, 2010, 08:42:30 PM »
The nurse came into Schad's room to usher the kids out, "I'm sorry, but she's close to full sedation. We're going to put her under in about 5 minutes to switch out to a more sturdy cast before we let her out. She'll be home by 10pm tonight. Now please, let her rest, she will need it. The pain she'll be feeling later will be pretty bad. Reno, we'll drop off the painkillers with her, your guardian has already paid for them all. As for you, Miss Veronica. Please follow me. Mrs. Katame is going to take you to the courtroom to settle the rest of the legal issues."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #789 on: December 09, 2010, 01:19:15 AM »
Veronica had walked alongside Reno to Schad's room. She only had the time to raise her hand in a wave and force a smile to Schad before the nurse came in to kick them out. When the nurse told Veronica to follow her, she did as she was told though she didn't look to pleased along with the original depressed look on her face. "Legal issues? Legal issues?! Why the hell do I want to deal with legal issues?! My parents just died!" She thought to herself. The frustration added to the depression made tears start running down her face again as she followed the nurse.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #790 on: December 09, 2010, 04:55:42 AM »
"It managed to break my leg.." She responded to Sam, her voice being shaky again. She was beginning to get frustrated with how hard it was to get her voice to stay stable like it usually was in comparison to how it was now. "Well, I remember just..." She gave up with restraining herself and let her hands cover her face again. "The car came out of nowhere, I don't remember seeing anyone until the..." She took a deep breath, "Until the ambulance got to me." She was beginning to talk through gasps as her chest hurt from the anxiety again. She didn't like to be seen like this, but the medicine was starting to make her feel woozy, forcing her to relax. By the time Reno entered the room, it seemed to be swirling again, surreal, until the nurse broke everything up.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #791 on: December 09, 2010, 05:59:37 AM »
Reno was a bit saddened having to leave Schadenfreude, he was also confused at what legal issues Veronica might have. He said goodbye to her and left the room, he said goodbye to Veronica before leaving the building and taking a cab home. When he got home he looked at his room as he closed the door behind himself. His room was trashed but he didn't care, he was too mentally stressed to. Dorris would probably clean it later anyway, he never really had to clean. It annoyed him a little but she was doing her job so he didn't care too much. He thought of how it was going to work with Schadenfreude in his room, there was only one bed, though it could hold two people he would be too nervous to try. It made him feel awkward just thinking about it. He fell down face first onto his bed and just laid there trying to sort out the day.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #792 on: December 13, 2010, 09:06:24 PM »
Shiori met up with Veronica at the door and placed an arm around her as she walked her to the car. "I know how you must feel, Veronica, and I'd love to give you more time here, but if we don't take care of these now, you'll be shipped to an orphanage tonight in Tokyo. It's not what you want to hear, but it is what will happen. From everything that Shinzuu's told me about you, I don't want that to happen to you. You may not believe me, but Shinzuu's not exactly in the greatest mood, either. To him, today is like a replay of the day his father, my husband, died. Also, before you say it's not the same, that's not too correct. I'm not Shinzuu's biological mother, just a step-mother. His mother was killed by someone breaking into their home when he was still young. After that incident, he was traumatized and looked straight to his father for pure support. It wasn't long after that that I met Shingo. By then, Shinzuu had already become a spoiled kid who spent all his time in front of his computer and the TV. He's resented me for years, saying that I'm stealing his father away from him, but he ended up accepting me a couple years ago, but that was only after his father passed. I don't expect the same out of you, but I just hope that I can help you before you're old enough to be on your own. Also, please don't pay Shinzuu any mind when we get back. I know he's a hot-head, but just give him time." Shiori then drove to the courthouse where she and Veronica sat in Shiori's quiet office and filled out a bunch of papers, Veronica only having to sign a couple sheets, all under the watchful eye of a judge, who reviewed each one as they came. The office was that of any major law office, with the exception that there were pictures all over the place of a family, with a very pudgy and disgruntled child in each one.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:11:17 PM by Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy »

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #793 on: December 14, 2010, 12:01:49 AM »
No matter how much Veronica wanted to pull away from Shiori when she put her arms around her, she didn't. She just walked with her to the car and listened. Shiori was wrong, she wasn't going to say anything or make any comment about how the situations were alike or different. She didn't want to talk, didn't want to expend the energy to put one foot in front of the other to walk with Shiori, didn't want to breathe. All she wanted to do was curl up into a ball and never get up. If she hadn't felt so numb, the story about Shinzuu's biological mother would have made her feel bad for him (since she already figured out that his father had died), but she was numb for the time being so it had no effect on her. As she signed the papers that were handed to her while sitting in the office, her mind moved her to thinking about what would happen when she went back to school, the way the other students would look at her. She didn't want their pity. The thought of everyone feeling sorry for her made her start to feel angry, but it didn't last long and she became numb and uncaring again.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #794 on: December 14, 2010, 01:06:45 AM »
After everyone moved out of the room, a doctor came in with a few nurses, getting ready to put her under for a procedure. She wanted to fight it when they pulled out the mask to place over her face to make her sleep, but whatever they had given her previously was causing her to relax a little too much. She managed to pull her hand up as an attempt to resist, but it flopped back down when she tried to move it too far. The monitor that had been keeping her heart rate suddenly became apparent again as the pent up fear spiked when the doctor attempted to place the mask over her face, causing the monitor to beep rapidly. A nurse took her hand and rubbed it gently, and a surreal voice drifted through her mind. "Sweetie, you're going to have to relax." The figures were becoming more and more blurred as the mask settled onto her muzzle. "Now take a deep breath." She inhaled deeply, darkness creeping in on the edges of her vision... The orders of the nurses becoming alluring. But something didn't feel right. Something was wrong, but she was drifting off so quickly, it couldn't be stopped. She couldn't speak, she could only take the breaths the doctors asked of her. The tinges of black on the edges of her vision were getting more intense, bigger, as they spilled out further onto the figures, eventually covering everything in black. She could not tell how long she had been fighting them, but suddenly her body felt stiff, and the struggle was pointless. The darkness seemed inviting. She could hear gasping, but at this point she couldn't tell where it was coming from or who it was. It almost sounded like herself, but she didn't feel like she was struggling to breathe until the gasping stopped. When it did, it was as if she was being pulled at high speeds outward into the middle of nowhere, everything still black, voices drifting in a rushed madness until suddenly, silence gripped her both in mind and spirit.

In the room the nurses rushed, the monitor spiking and eerily fading into the monotone sound they all regretted to hear as their efforts to save the possum proved to be useless. The doctor was yelling at one of the nurses. Everything had seemed to being going smoothly for the first few minutes until the possum was thrown into an episode of sudden cardiac arrest.