The Furry Forums would like to place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice.
To accept the cookie click here, or please login or register.

Author Topic: Fur-al High  (Read 74590 times)

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • It's all fire and brimstone, baby.
    • Awards
  • Species: Bull Were-ier
  • Build: Thick
  • Currently: apprehensive.
Re: Fur-al High
« Reply #810 on: December 18, 2010, 07:44:36 AM »
The drive was quiet, but the tension was enough to drown both of them. Marlowe was definitely harboring silent hate for her father, but it wouldn't matter what she did at this point. She had to do what her father asked of her. She knew he was involved with bad crowds and was often chased for cheating loan sharks out of their money; so when he said to do something because time was of the essence, she knew it was true. After a while, she fell asleep in the car, her music ultimately dictating the small bits of dreams that she had.

When she woke again, she was almost startled, but realized that she was on the jet. Her first instinct was to fumble around in her pocket and cut off her iPod. The second instinct was to check for her bag. It was tucked in the seat beside her. She looked over her shoulder when her father turned to look out the window, catching a glimpse of her things in the seats behind her. They were the only people on the jet and she assumed Mr. Rice's men and her father had moved her and her things onto the jet while she was asleep. She was not often a heavy sleeper, but since she was up the previous night, she couldn't help but sleep through just about everything. She slumped down and pretended to get comfortable while sleeping, eavesdropping on her father's conversation.

Mordecai's eyes wandered to Marlowe when she began to move around. "One moment," whispered softly, covering the mouthpiece of the phone with his paw. After a moment of making sure the black and white Bull Terrier was sleeping, he continued, "Look, Adali... I'm heading there as fast as I can. Things aren't easy because the mob found me again, and we had to leave everything.." He got quiet for a few moments listening. "No, I haven't told her yet. I was planning to on the car ride once we unload. Right now we're on a friend's private jet, heading there." Again with the silence. "I know, it really is a shame that such a bad thing would happen. But again, I'll be there to help soon enough. Have you made the arrangements?"

In her head, Marlowe was scowling because her father was withholding something from her, but continued with her charade of innocently sleeping. She had at least figured out that they were heading to Japan to help her friend Schadenfreude's mom.. But over what? What could have happened that was so bad? She pushed the questions to the back of her mind, part of her not wanting to know.

"Look, I'll call you when we get to Feral. We can meet there. Until then, look for me a good place to stay." There was another pause, and then he clicked his phone, taking a paw and placing it on Marlowe's head. It was times like this that he appreciated the mere fact that his daughter was alive.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Rabbit
  • Coloring: White
  • Height: 6'5"
  • Weight: 175
  • Build: Average
  • Reference: [link]
  • Currently: Sad and needs hugs.
« Reply #811 on: December 18, 2010, 12:53:33 PM »
Mr. Avery was surprised to see Veronica answer the door. "This is the Katame residence...Right? Well, I should probably speak to Shinzuu, I don't think Veronica needs any more negative news." "Pardon the intrusion, but I was looking looking for Shinzuu Katame. I am a teacher from Feral High. I was hoping to have a word with him, it is about his friends. Miss Snide and Mr. O' Malley."

Reno eventually got out of the shower and dried off. He leaned against the sink and looked at himself in the mirror, seeing that he still looked like a mess clean. He put his pants on and wandered back into the other room. He looked over at his Xbox remembering when Schadenfreude had come over to play it with him. He was still nervous at the time, but that was also when he started to get more comfortable around her. He went to sit on the edge of his bed, he hunched over as he sat there. He then looked over at his nightstand and stood up a picture frame of his parents. Afterward he dug out a picture of Nero from the drawer. That was when Reno realized he didn't have a picture of Schadenfreude. "I wonder if she would be in the school year book...? I could just buy a copy and cut it out..."

Offline Shinzuu Katame: Her Tolfy

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Wolf-Tiger
  • Coloring: Black and Silver
  • Height: 6'11
  • Weight: 182 lbs.
  • Build: Fit and muscular.
  • Currently: Sore back. Sore feet. Sore everything.
« Reply #812 on: December 18, 2010, 06:40:04 PM »
Shinzuu was irritated with the knocking on the door, and even more so with Veronica answering his door without his permission. When he heard the teacher walk in and talk to Veronica after she was walking away from him, he grumbled as he paused the game and put the controller down. "What is so damned important that even a teacher would ditch school to tell me about?"

Offline Vee Katame: His Wolfy

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Werepyre
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Species: Werepyre
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
  • Height: 5'5".
  • Weight: Around 130 lbs.
  • Build: Skinny, a little bit of curve at the hips, and a little muscular.
« Reply #813 on: December 18, 2010, 09:17:27 PM »
Veronica didn't pay attention to what the teacher said as she sat in the chair. She would have snapped at Shinzuu when she detected her annoyance with her but she was in the state of mind where she just didn't care. She sat there in the chair staring at the paused game screen. Glancing at the controller, she thought about taking over the game but decided against it. She sunk further into the chair and let out a sigh.

Mini badge/banner art by WingedZephyr

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster
    • Awards
« Reply #814 on: December 19, 2010, 05:01:54 AM »
Marlowe drifted in and out of sleep until they finally got to a landing pad, also at one of Mr. Rice's residencies. Mordecai woke her by bumping her with his elbow, and telling her they were there. "Luckily, while you were sleeping, Mr. Rice offered for us to stay in his extra home until we found out own place." They unloaded the jet into another car. It looked just like the one they had at home, but she knew it wasn't since they had left it at the airport along with their home at the US."They did it in silence. When the car was loaded, her father went inside to thank Mr. Rice for his offer and pay him for the use of his jet. Marlowe just shuffled behind him trying to stay out of the way as best as she could. She assumed Mr. Rice was a new client for him, but wasn't too sure. Again, on the way to the car, there was a silent hatred brewing inside of her for her father's job and way, but she loved him all the same. If there was one thing she could say about her father, it was that he had always provided for her, and made sure she had everything she needed and more.

Mordecai cranked the car, sitting back in the seat to relax while it warmed up. He looked at Marlowe with a little concern. When she noticed it, she sighed, and decided not to hold back her feelings. He backed out of the driveway of the rather luxurious house, and was getting ready to call Adali again to let her know what was happening when Marlowe interrupted the process. She was looking blankly out of her cranked window. "Dad, why are we going where Schad lives? I know you talked to her mom." Her gaze didn't break.

His had dropped on his lap, the phone still within his grip. "Look.." He hesitated. "I know I should have told you before we left, but if I did you wouldn't have come.. Or you'd have fought me about it." Marlowe's eyes narrowed as she waited for him to finish. She knew he had been withholding something from her. "But, Schad's gone." He looked at his daughter, but since she was looking away, he was currently looking at the back of her head. Mordecai hated having to tell her like this, but he didn't want to lie.

Marlowe snapped her head in her father's direction, completely disregarding his somber expression. "What do you mean, she's gone?" she growled.

"She passed away, and I have to go help her mom. You know I hate that you had to see her again in such conditions.." He drifted off, "..But we've got to be strong for Adali. I know it's hard.. You two were very good friends.. But because of things we have to move here.. And I couldn't afford for Mr. Rice to see you get out of control in his presence."

"My friend passed away and you couldn't tell me because you thought I'd be OUT OF CONTROL? How old do you think I am?" She crossed her arms, looking rather miffed.

"I'm sorry, Marlowe, I really am. You know I a--" His phone rang, interrupting him in mid-apology, and when he went to take the call, Marlowe reached out and snatched the phone from his hand hurriedly tossing it out the car window, into the highway. "MARLOWE, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Mordecai snapped, pulling off to the side of the road.

"You just told me that my friend died, and was going to answer that damned phone in the middle of an argument!"

"So you throw the phone out the window? How am I supposed to get in touch with someone?" Mordecai slammed his fist down on the steering wheel. He then pinched his snout again like he had before they had left. "I'm trying to do for you, to make sure you can have what you need. I'm trying to be a good father, but you... YOU, make it so HARD on me. That phone had everyone's number on it.. Mr. Rice, Adali.." He exhaled, clearly upset. By this time Marlowe was regretting throwing the phone out.

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Most Online Top 50 Poster This user has donated to the forum.
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #815 on: December 19, 2010, 05:25:03 AM »
Mr Avery held out the sticky note to Shinzuu. "I wrote it down here. I am not the best bearer of bad news...But you are Mr O' Malley's friend. So I figured you would help him the most." The sticky note read: "Miss Snide has passed away in the hospital. I know Mr O' Malley has strong feelings towards her and it's going to hit him hard. I fear he may very well snap. After the loss of his parents before starting school this year he was very anti-social. The three of you helped him through it though, even when his best friend died a couple weeks ago. Now that Miss Snide has passed he will need you more than ever." Mr Avery stood idly by hoping Shinzuu would take the note and read it so he didn't have to say it himself.

Reno fell backwards onto his bed with his arms extended out. He looked at the ceiling again, thinking about things. Mostly Schadenfreude.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years Top 50 Topic Starter Top 100 Most Online Top 50 Poster
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #816 on: December 19, 2010, 03:49:44 PM »
Shinzuu took the note and skimmed it, So she finally kicked the bucket, huh? Well, at least she doesn't have to put up with those pains and having to waste money popping those pills. He sighed and turned back towards the inside of the house, "Why don't you go back to your students waiting for you in class?" Shinzuu's tail gripped the door and slammed it shut in Mr. Avery's face. As he was walking back to the living room, a thought occurred to him, And why the hell would I want to help or consider helping that backstabbing runt?

• Zoomorphic Zebra
  • awards This user has been a forum member for over 10 years This user has donated to the forum. Top 50 Topic Starter Top 50 Most Online
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
  • Coloring: Light blue and white fur & hair, deep blue eyes, black claws, and a dark red tongue.
« Reply #817 on: December 19, 2010, 07:17:15 PM »
Veronica had gotten up and gone to the bathroom. When she was done, she hadn't bothered to look in the mirror while washing her hands. She knew what she looked like and she knew it wasn't good. Normally she would have cared what she looked like in front of Shinzuu but with the state she was in, it wasn't very high on her list. When she left the bathroom, she heard the front door slam shut, but didn't look in that direction. She went back to the living room and slunk back into the chair she had been in.

"True love doesn't have a happy ending because true love doesn't end." - Unknown

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #818 on: December 19, 2010, 10:02:33 PM »
The ride to Mr. Rice's extra home was silent after Mordecai made it clear that he was at least thankful that he had gotten directions before she chunked his phone. Marlowe was sulking, but playing her DS to get her mind off of things. Pokemon tended to do it for her, so that's what she played. She was on Victory Road and ready to battle the elite four. It wasn't long until they got there. The place was huge and white, and it looked as if it was obviously expensive. There were men there to help unload their things. Marlowe grabbed as many of her bags as she could, and the men got what she couldn't. Mordecai did the same. One of the men, a black wolf, addressed Mordecai. "We'll show you to your rooms." Mordecai nodded and gestured to Marlowe to follow.

The inside of the house was just as expensive looking as the outside of it. Marlowe had to close her DS and look it was so big. She felt as if she'd get lost if she wasn't careful, but she managed to keep pace following her dad. Luckily, their rooms were across from each other. The men unloaded their things as she plopped on the bed looking out one of the windows. They were on the third floor, and outside was a balcony with a very nice view of the city. Her train of thought was derailed when her father entered the room. "Marlowe, we're going to have to get you registered to attend the school here tomorrow." Marlowe remained silent, still looking out the window as her father closed the door softly behind him. "I expect your things to be unpacked by that time, alright?" He plopped on the bed beside her. She still didn't respond. "I wish you'd just let me do what I have to do, Marlowe... You know I only want the best for you."

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #819 on: December 20, 2010, 09:43:12 PM »
Shinzuu sighed as he sat back down, picking up the controller. He tossed the little note towards where Veronica was sitting and unpaused the game, "It seems you weren't the only one who's suffered a loss yesterday. Schad's gone, too. She died last night when they put her into surgery. If you want, you can go ahead to Reno's place. I'm sure the situations' completely (censored) him up in the head..."

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #820 on: December 21, 2010, 12:24:29 AM »
Veronica glanced at the note when Shinzuu threw it toward her, but since he told her what happened she didn't bother to read it. "Okay." That was her only response to the whole thing. She had heard everything he said but it just wasn't affecting her since she had become numb. Also, she didn't see any problem with going to see Reno. It's not like she was talking to Shinzuu and at least it would give her something to do. Even though it probably wasn't a good idea for her to go walking around by herself, she went to the guest and grabbed a sweatshirt out of the box on the bed. She then walked to the front door of the apartment, put on her shoes, and left without another word to Shinzuu. Once outside the apartment building, she started walking to the hotel.
After a while of walking, she arrived at the hotel. She went to the front desk to ask what room Reno was in. When she got her answer, she went to the room number they told her and knocked on the door. While she was waiting, she realized that she had never been there and wondered how she had known where to go. She shrugged it off after a few seconds though and continued to wait for Reno to answer the door.

Offline Goblin Cat 😸

• Halloween Hellraiser
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Awards
« Reply #821 on: December 21, 2010, 06:31:14 AM »
Her accommodations were very similar to a hotel room. There was a rather large TV on an entertainment center with large speakers to match. It was placed in front of a plain bed, made to look very nice and inviting, clean, and the sheets matched the color scheme of the room. One one side of the bed was a white nightstand with a clock placed on it, as well as a white door that lead to a very sterile looking bathroom with neatly folded towels on the rails. It seemed like everything was light colored and neutral, even down to the carpet and tan striped walls. On the other side of the bed was an open area with a desk/chair combo and a sliding glass door covered in long curtains that opened up into a small balcony.

After a long talk with her father, she began to unpack her things and hook up her game systems to the TV. She was rather satisfied when she inspected the entertainment center, finding that there was a DVD player and a satellite box. It was the highlight of her day actually given how things had been going so far. She tucked her key and the copy of her father's room key into her wallet and changed into a pair of pajama bottoms. Despite having slept a lot of the trip there, she was pretty tired and in the process of adjusting to the time zones. She laid back on the bed after hooking up all of her electronics to the TV or their proper chargers with her hands behind her head, sighing deeply outward. Hooking up her games plus her laptop and placing her clothes in the closet in the room seemed to drain her physically, but her mind was still going a million miles per hour. Tomorrow would be busy, she knew because they had to get necessities. The first being phones, the next being going to the local school to register and get all their ducks in a line. She knew her father would be up all night researching the area on his laptop so that he knew where to go... She felt horrible, knowing that it was her fault that he'd be up all night stressing out since she had trashed his phone.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 06:33:30 AM by Mortis.Reptus »

Offline Srgntcuddles

• Seargant of cuddles.
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Game time!
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #822 on: December 21, 2010, 06:53:42 AM »
Reno was still lying on his bed when he heard a knock. He figured it was Dorris wanting to clean his room. He didn't really want to speak, he didn't feel like doing anything at all. Luckily breathing was done involuntarily. He was actually still in just his pants, he didn't feel like getting all the way dressed. "Not now, Dorris! I wanna be alone." he said loudly, enough to be heard without being a yell. "I just wanna...Be alone..." he said more softly to himself. He didn't know it, but his door was unlocked. He grunted and forced himself up, almost falling off the bed. But he managed to keep himself up. "Ugh..." he sighed. "If I were goin' to go do somethin' what would I do? I don't wanna go anywhere...Maybe I should live up to the Irish reputation and hit up the nearest pub! (Censored)." Shortly he fell back down onto his bed into a similar position.

• Blade of Fury
  • Zoomorphic Zebra
  • Derkah Derkah
    • Steam
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #823 on: December 21, 2010, 10:07:55 PM »
Shinzuu sighed as Veronica left without a heartbeat, Why am I not surprised that she would leave without a second thought? Whatever, I really don't care, I guess... He shook his head in frustration and saved the game before stopping the game. Shinzuu then got up and opened up a small package that's been sitting by the TV for the longest time, and pulled out a steel game case with Call of Duty: Black Ops. He put the game in and sat back down...

• Zoomorphic Zebra
    • Fur Affinity
    • DeviantArt
    • Awards
« Reply #824 on: December 22, 2010, 02:12:04 AM »
Veronica looked down at her feet when Reno responded to her thinking it was somebody else, then looked back up at the door. "It's me..." She said softly but without any emotion, testing the handle of the door. When she realized it wasn't locked, she opened the door slightly and stuck her head into the room. "But if you want to be alone, I can leave." Normally she would have been really embarrassed accidentally seeing a guy with his shirt off, but at the moment she didn't care and didn't really notice.